Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way (40265 Views)

Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode / "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola / In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by dplordx(m): 2:01pm On May 03, 2012
omar22: Its a very good idea

BUT what a waste of money (LOADS)!!!

Lagos state doesnt need a Liaght Rail service, Lagos state needed a Train Rail service

What a l0ser! Im sure your Bokoharam Gov, or one of those criminal families of Ibori have done something similar.
How come racism wont let us see beyond nothing. Pathetic beings! SMH grin

2 Likes

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by phreakabit(m): 2:20pm On May 03, 2012
xanadu333: uncle Fash for president!!!!!!!!!. see [size=20pt]London in Lagos[/size].

you my friend are mentally impeded.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Omexonomy: 2:20pm On May 03, 2012
kokoA: PDP better start learning how to govern from BRF.
all those things u ar seen were paid for by the fedral gov (PDP) lagos state gov (ACN) &ECOWAS govt that was why gej visited fashola tinunbu & the king
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by manny4life(m): 2:27pm On May 03, 2012
Standing5: I want to know:
Where does the Rail way track lead to?
Will it support Cargo in order to free up badly needed road of excess traffic? if yes, what is its capacity and how many people and cargo can it barry per time?
will be affordable or Will it be for the rich like most of his project?
Will it be like his Lekki and Badagry project where he has only succeeded in increasing the amount of vehicle arriving at a already chaotic spot (like Mile 2) and wasting money on extra lanes? or he is just embarking on a white collar project to steal and score cheap political point simultaneously?

Really? Are you really asking where it will lead to? I believe there's a map for each of the line you can see origination and destination points.

Please, tell me what Light Rail supports cargo? Well, that depends on what type of cargo, light cargo(such as boxes, or mail containers) YES it can, but if it's heavy cargo, it's highly unlikely to support shipping containers, oil tankers and the rest of them. Anyway, you never know what up the sleeve of the operators.

This obviously isn't for the rich though else Fashola would be in deep sh/it. If I read the plan one time it was stated that one of the lines will support about 1million daily. Though I find the number startling, but nevertheless, you don't get to see 1million rich folks boarding the train.

As for you last question, me I don't live in Lagos so I don't know.

In all, I'm a strong advocate for public transportation and I think I will have to acknowledge Gov Fashola that he's indeed doing a great service to his people, though I thought the cost-per-mile was very expensive but then, it is what it is.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by naptu2: 2:32pm On May 03, 2012
To see the source of funds, map of the 7 rail lines, how the project will look when completed and other details of the project, click on this link https://www.nairaland.com/898591/fashola-woos-foreign-investment-partners
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by london2lasgidi(m): 2:35pm On May 03, 2012
Will it support Cargo in order to free up badly needed road of excess traffic? if yes, what is its capacity and how many people and cargo can it barry per time?
Will it be like his Lekki and Badagry project where he has only succeeded in increasing the amount of vehicle arriving at a already chaotic spot (like Mile 2) and wasting money on extra lanes? or he is just embarking on a white collar project to steal and score cheap political point simultaneously?

Answer to your question:

The scheme is approximately 35-kilometre in length with an estimated ridership of a minimum of 500,000 passengers per day. The following fourteen (14) station locations are proposed:

* Ijoko

* Mushin

* Agbado

* Jibowu

* Iju

* Yaba

* Agege

* Ebute Metta

* Ikeja

* Iddo

* Shogunle

* National Theatre

* Oshodi

* Apapa

All those places are in the mainland, if I still remember Lagos; because I left as barely a teenager in the 90s.

AND

MILE 2 TO OJO/OKOKOMAIKO LAGOS URBAN RAIL NETWORK (LURN) “BLUE” SCHEME

The Mile 2 to Ojo/Okokomaiko scheme is a conceptualised innovative rail transit system for the Badagry Expressway in Lagos State. This scheme is planned for implementation in two stages. Stage 1 of this scheme, is a 16-kilometre east to west rail line between Ojo and Mile 2 with the following six (6) proposed train stations

* Ojo
* Okokomaiko
* LASU
* Trade Fair
* Festac
* Mile 2

cc: http://lasgidiboy..co.uk/2012/05/lagos-urban-rail-mass-transit-lrmt.html

3 Likes

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by nicktw: 2:39pm On May 03, 2012
well, nice job foe fashola, i have no comment till the dream become truth .
xanadu333: uncle Fash for president!!!!!!!!!. see London in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by nicktw: 2:40pm On May 03, 2012
well, nice job for fashola, i have no comment till the dream become truth .
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Gbawe: 2:48pm On May 03, 2012
Doctor flaky: This is the reason the smart investor should buy property in dat axis cos Badagry is fast becoming more like Lekki. Any info this shuold call me on 08126895535

100% correct.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by eedu247: 3:17pm On May 03, 2012
this is not even the most attrative part of the lite rail project let's pray for those that use part if not all of our money judiciously
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by omar22(m): 3:24pm On May 03, 2012
What a l0ser! Im sure your Bokoharam Gov, or one of those criminal families of Ibori have done something similar.
How come racism wont let us see beyond nothing. Pathetic beings! SMH

Shows that you cant argue your corner without bursting a blood vessel - I've seen people like you before - but I had to pay an admission fee just to see...
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 03, 2012
Yes ooo
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by ocheejemb: 3:29pm On May 03, 2012

Lagos state doesnt need a Liaght Rail service, Lagos state needed a Train Rail service

As opposed to a ship or car rail service...?
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by flexdee(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2012
Lagos is working...Fashola is working. GEJ can take a clue

1 Like

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by naptu2: 3:33pm On May 03, 2012
oche_ejemb:

As opposed to a ship or car rail service...?

grin grin grin
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by aljharem(m): 3:37pm On May 03, 2012

My brother, a small state like Lagos does not need a train rail service for intra state travel.

If talk of transport from Lagos to Imo or Oyo then it is the job of the FG to provide that and that is when you need a Train rail.

This rail is just to transport people from their place of work to their houses and also for small cargo.

Heavy cargo is for those travelling to another state with a huge cargo.

1 Like

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Rhino5dm: 3:47pm On May 03, 2012
Where are the Ibos claiming to be building Lagos? They should come and tell us their contributions on this project. Abi na to dey sell fake drugs, pirated CD or dirty spare parts?
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by sadi78: 4:20pm On May 03, 2012
You are very right! I also lived there babalola close, b4 i moved to Apapa GRA.
Syenite: Oh! look at the second picture, the first house from the right- the green one-storey building that was where I grew up! From 1987 to 2003 we lived there. That is Babalola close, Sari-Iganmu, Orile, Lagos.I learnt it has been marked for destruction. sad sad sad sad sad
That road is leading to Orile Bus-stop.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by PointB: 4:29pm On May 03, 2012
Nice one. Hope it is finished soon.
Thanks OP.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by AlusiOkija: 4:30pm On May 03, 2012
Kini Big Deal. . . .

Port Harcourt is building one as well. angry

Enugu state governor just started moulding block to build their own. Abeg make I hear word jor! angry
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by AlusiOkija: 4:31pm On May 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Where are the Ibos claiming to be building Lagos? They should come and tell us their contributions on this project. Abi na to dey sell fake drugs, pirated CD or dirty spare parts?

Taaa!! Mechie onu!!

Atleast, Alaba Market revenue alone would pay for a quarter of the cost of that bridge. . . What you should be asking is how does NURTW, OPC, Alayes and agberoism contribute to that rail!!

1 Like

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by trigar12(m): 4:33pm On May 03, 2012

ASK GOOGLE grin

ASK GOOGLE
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Leadn(m): 4:34pm On May 03, 2012
Syenite: Oh! look at the second picture, the first house from the right- the green one-storey building that was where I grew up! From 1987 to 2003 we lived there. That is Babalola close, Sari-Iganmu, Orile, Lagos.I learnt it has been marked for destruction. sad sad sad sad sad
That road is leading to Orile Bus-stop.

Your eyes are super super o.lolz I guess I'll start using Goggles cool grin

1 Like

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by omar22(m): 4:36pm On May 03, 2012
@alj harem

I do understand what you are saying but Lagos is far bigger than most of the european cities and the Light Rail service is far more expensive to run than a normal tain and they don't have more than 3 carriages (4 if you want to push your luck) so how its going to transport their forcast figures is looney! But hey the project is already cracking on!
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Leadn(m): 4:37pm On May 03, 2012
Alusi Okija:

Taaa!! Mechie onu!!

Atleast, Alaba Market revenue alone would pay for a quarter of the cost of that bridge. . . What you should be asking is how does NURTW, OPC, Alayes and agberoism contribute to that rail!!

True talk my broda... don't mind that guy jwor.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

They are too busy building the Eko Atlantic.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by seglan(m): 4:41pm On May 03, 2012

why talking like this. Commend Fashola for what he is doing not condemnation and mind you the time lagosian started using it they will pray for him even after leaving office.
Condemned those gov that stole your money
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Leadn(m): 4:41pm On May 03, 2012
omar22:

Shows that you cant argue your corner without bursting a blood vessel - I've seen people like you before - but I had to pay an admission fee just to see...

Lmao.. Hidden blow
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by idnole4(m): 4:46pm On May 03, 2012
am loving this BRF style! Hes delivering. Thats what we want. I saw part of this around Orile-Ijora axis.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by chosen04(f): 5:31pm On May 03, 2012
This project is just a Charade.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by aljharem(m): 5:33pm On May 03, 2012
chosen04: This project is just a Charade.

which one is Abia state governor doing ?

Ordinary school, we no see am, Lorlor you dey disappoint me o !
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Wallie(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2012
Doctor flaky: This is the reason the smart investor should buy property in dat axis cos Badagry is fast becoming more like Lekki. Any info this shuold call me on 08126895535

Shhhh - don't drive the price up! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague / Golf Involved In Accident In Zamfara, Victims Need To Be Identified / Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.