Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Help, My Megabite Runs Out So Fast. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help, My Megabite Runs Out So Fast. (855 Views)

My Samsung Netbook Runs Slow: Pls Help / My Cursor Runs Up My Screen And Stays There-help / My Computer Runs Slow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Megabite Runs Out So Fast. by yemisolar(m): 11:00pm On May 03, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] i have been using a glo line to browse for about six months. I installed mse(antivirus) and i realised the update was using up a good portion of my megabit subscription. I uninstaled it and disabled my windows automatic update.
However the megabite still runs out fast as soon as i connect through my modem even when i do not open any browser.
House, what can i do because a subscrption that would normally last for twenty days now hardly last for five.
Thanks in advance
Re: Help, My Megabite Runs Out So Fast. by Nairaplus(m): 10:18am On May 04, 2012
That's because you are not the only one using the data you subscribed. Some softwares on your system are also busy downloading without your direct consent. Please check this article for what to do: http://nairaplus..com/2012/05/how-to-reduce-your-internet-data-usage.html
Re: Help, My Megabite Runs Out So Fast. by yemisolar(m): 3:06pm On May 04, 2012
i read through your article. I have disabled every form of updates i have on my system including that of my browsers.

The problem still persists.

Imagine just opening my mailbox and using 10mb pls what next can i do..
Re: Help, My Megabite Runs Out So Fast. by Nairaplus(m): 6:47pm On May 04, 2012
Are you sure you have completely uninstalled you MSE? I doubt that! Please Restoreyour computer OS back to a date earlier than MSE installation and try browsing again. It should work because my guess is that, just like some other stubborn softwares *esp antivirus* programs, the uninstallation did not entirely remove MSE installation from your PC.

If this fails, then try using your Modem on another PC and see if it continues that way. If it does, Go to Glo!

(1) (Reply)

We Sale, Install Repair Upgrade And Do Maintenance Of Inverter And Solar System. / Tweakware Vpn And Android. / Please How'd I Reduce The Size Of My Scanned Credentials And Maintain Legibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.