Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,994 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" (49692 Views)

Advice On The Best Modem In Town / Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria / Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by femility(m): 10:18am On Sep 06, 2012
I can help you with instant unlock of your huawei modems for just #1000...also i sell ebooks on any programing language of your choice.reach me@08069738360..tanx
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by legalwealth(m): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2012
legalwealth: Yes!I can help you with unlimited browsing tips that work free of charge without a dime.
Just reach me on 0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6

and as well for your Modem unlocking kit and complete service for any kind of MTN,ZAIN/AIRTEL,ETISALAT and GLO with my step by step guide and EBOOK though that one is just N1,000 for HUAWEI and N1,500 for ZTE but the two goes for N2,000

Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by lekwas: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
Please I need more information on this thread. I have a multilinks telkom modem as well as a starcomms 1x modem. Can they be unlocked to enable me use them with any other sim in and outside Nigeria? My second question is, after unlocking them, can they still be used from their network sims?
Where these are not possible, where can I get a universal modem to buy in Lagos and how much does it cost?
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by legalwealth(m): 4:47pm On Sep 21, 2012
lekwas: Please I need more information on this thread. I have a multilinks telkom modem as well as a starcomms 1x modem. Can they be unlocked to enable me use them with any other sim in and outside Nigeria? My second question is, after unlocking them, can they still be used from their network sims?
Where these are not possible, where can I get a universal modem to buy in Lagos and how much does it cost?

First of all,you cannot unlock Multilinks or Starcomms modems or any CDMA modems.
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by legalwealth(m): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
lekwas: Please I need more information on this thread. I have a multilinks telkom modem as well as a starcomms 1x modem. Can they be unlocked to enable me use them with any other sim in and outside Nigeria? My second question is, after unlocking them, can they still be used from their network sims?

Buy any of our network modems be it that of MTN,ZAIN/AIRTEL,GLO or ETISALAT and get to me on 0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6 for how to make it UNIVERSAL i.e unlock it to be able to use any other network.

legalwealth: Yes!I can help you with unlimited browsing tips that work free of charge without a dime.

and as well for your Modem unlocking kit and complete service for any kind of MTN,ZAIN/AIRTEL,ETISALAT and GLO with my step by step guide and EBOOK though that one is just N1,000 for HUAWEI and N1,500 for ZTE but the two goes for N2,000

Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by legalwealth(m): 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2012

Buy any of our network modems be it that of MTN,ZAIN/AIRTEL,GLO or ETISALAT and get to me on 0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6 for how to make it UNIVERSAL i.e unlock it to be able to use any other network.

Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by kingdomsta: 11:55am On Oct 24, 2012
legalwealth: Fellow nairalanders! !!

A common question that comes to the mind of prospective

buyers of internet modem today is "which modem do i buy?" as we can see at a thread here on nairaland that was created yesterday with title "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" which you can read more about here at

https://www.nairaland.com/927946/which-modem-best-use-nigeria

where I answered a lot of questions pushed forward by people and I now decided to make research and come up with this thread to answer most quetions posted therein

which further leads to which modem is the best available modem in Nigeria. out of a variety of modems....
GLO modem
Etisalat Modem
zain/airtel
starcomms
zoom
universal modem
and other modems

As you would have guessed I advise you to buy the cheapest cost effective modem available to you.
most of these modem packs perform exactly the same function and no problem with the effectivity on the basic function i.e browsing.
However some modems have additional abilities e.g with the Glo modem you can make calls on your computer(that is if you re interested)
It is also worth mentioning that unlocking some modems to accept other network sim cards for browsing might be a problem(e.g some MTN modems)

Thirdly, if will personally not advise you to buy any modem that costs more than N5500, there are cheaper and effective ones out there.

It will be better to buy your device from the network providers through their authentic distributors
and lastly after acquring your internet modem device Unlock it so that you can use other networks(remember unlocking of the modem is a simple and free process)

unlocking starcomms CDMA modem

unlocking modems i.e i modems is no news,however unlocking starcomms epivalley modem and starcomms neo modem (or other CDMA modems) to enable the use of mtn , glo zain data card for browsing has been a question that many has asked.
starcomms izap and one x modem or neo modem is of a different technology from the common huawei 3g/hspda/edge modem used by mtn , etisalat .so 3g modem unlocking with huawei unlocker or zte unlocker is diferrent.
so the sad news for now , as of the time of this writiing is that you cannot use a CDMA modem to access the common data cards used by other networks since it is of a different technlogy huawei unlocker does not work onit and even if the modem unlocking works, you can only use CDMA data cards on it.
so if your plan in buying an i modem(internet modem) is unlocking modem and using for the other networks , then you need to think twice before picking a starcomms epivalley modem or neo modem.
For free huawei unlocker or zte unlocker that will help you in your personal modem unlocking,check the next topic below:

Get huawei unlocker and zte Modem unlocker for FREE
It's a common fact now that unlocking modems is now childs play, you can unlock modems on your own using the huawei unlocker and zte unlocker
which I am willing to give to you free ...only if you request. you can request for the modem unlocking software (huawei unlocker or zte unlocker) by posting your request here and you shall be ushered in to the unlocking modems ritual.

Goodluck and feel free to ask me any question whatsoever by dropping it below smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Bros,
I go like benefit from this your ZTE unlocker largess o. I hail o.
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by Gabzzi: 11:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
i wanna know something about 'cause they have unlimited plan with nice price
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by legalwealth(m): 11:44am On Oct 31, 2012
Gabzzi: i wanna know something about 'cause they have unlimited plan with nice price

Abou what please?
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by legalwealth(m): 11:46am On Oct 31, 2012
kingdomsta:

Bros,
I go like benefit from this your ZTE unlocker largess o. I hail o.

Shoot my inbox a mail.Thanks...
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by legalwealth(m): 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2012
Has anyone here bought the latest MTN Huawei Modem?

Were you able to unlock it or make it universal?

If not,you can reach me on
0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6 for how to easily unlock it.
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by ezenwaone: 2:22pm On Nov 03, 2012
Plz, how do i unlock my muitilink modem?
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by legalwealth(m): 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
ezenwaone: Plz, how do i unlock my muitilink modem?

You can't unlock multilinks modem as it is CDMA and others that cannot be unlocked are visafone,zoom,starcomms.

What type of multilinks modem are you using?

You can browse FREE with it.
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by LAZAREY: 9:20am On Nov 07, 2012
@legalwealth, I have the 1x modem and the Evdo EC226 USB Modem. Pls how do I go about the multilinks free browsing. Thanks in anticipation. My mail in case is Bolajisark@yahoo.co.uk
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by legalwealth(m): 9:42am On Nov 07, 2012
LAZAREY: @legalwealth, I have the 1x modem and the Evdo EC226 USB Modem. Pls how do I go about the multilinks free browsing. Thanks in anticipation. My mail in case is Bolajisark@yahoo.co.uk

I will shoot you an email...
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by Joeiordye: 7:35am On Nov 25, 2012
May be i should get an etisalat modem. I connect the etisalat sim in my phone to my computer through a usb cable and after some configurations in the phone suite package on the computer, I'm able to browse. But i can't do that anymore. It just doesn't work. I tried it with my mtn sim but that too did not work. I dn't have much knwldge about the computer and i dn't knw what to do. So i was wondering if anyone knows what i have to do to get my sim working with my computer pending when i'll get the money to buy a real modem. Your assistance will be appreciated.
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by legalwealth(m): 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2012
Joeiordye: May be i should get an etisalat modem. I connect the etisalat sim in my phone to my computer through a usb cable and after some configurations in the phone suite package on the computer, I'm able to browse. But i can't do that anymore. It just doesn't work. I tried it with my mtn sim but that too did not work. I dn't have much knwldge about the computer and i dn't knw what to do. So i was wondering if anyone knows what i have to do to get my sim working with my computer pending when i'll get the money to buy a real modem. Your assistance will be appreciated.

Is the PC suite still seeing the phone?
If not,kindly remove your phone while you uninstall and reinstall the PC suite.

To uninstall the suite,click on control panel and then on uninstall a program.
Then look for PC suite while you double-click on it for instant removal.

Restart your PC after that and install the PC suite the way you installed it initially.

You should be done and you can still reach me on 0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6 for more assistance on it and for your unlimited browsing and downloading 24/7 for a whole month either with MTN or ETISALAT using either your phone as modem or using any of your modem.
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by Emekayoung(m): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2012
"Pls can any one help me,MTN has chopped me enough,so now i need d configuration for free browsn on my phone,any one wit dat idea shuld pls forward it to me,a token of appreciation has be waitin for u as soon as i get d msg"0803 974 6252.
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by icon4x(m): 10:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
its more honourable to seek a source of income and pay for the internet fees than to seek unlimited browsing.
the problem with unlimited or free browsing is that you have to use proxy tunneling software and those software have to keep checking for free and open proxies that they can tunnel through. these proxies can be blocked at any time and it could be so embarassing.
furthermore, you will never really achieve much with the unlimited browsing cos you are not financially commited, you are bound to browse whatever makes you happy instead of stuff that is necessary...i mean to say that with the free browsing, discipline is not gonna be easy to maintain.
its much easier to get paid with Google Adsense, or get paid for writing articles, filling surverys and web design and it gives more dignity.
imagine the network is yours and people want your services free by going throught the back door...
bottomline...WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND. be the man. pay for your service.
cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by purplekayc(m): 3:53am On Dec 12, 2012
why are post being hidden on nairaland computer section uh?/ na wah oo angry angry
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by ADUNOKIKI(f): 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
Please I need multilinks 1x free browsing details. My email is adunola4love@hotmail.com. Thanks
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by legalwealth(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
ADUNOKIKI: Please I need multilinks 1x free browsing details. My email is adunola4love@hotmail.com. Thanks

Only Multilinks 3G modems are available.

You can reach me on 0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by d18thday: 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
Hello. Good post. However, there's one thing i'd love to consider, Cost of subscription. It's quite expensive subscribing for most of these internet plans or bundles esp the etisalat easyblaze. One question tho'... which is better, going for modem in the multilinks, visafone range or going for the mtn, airtel range of modems...or swift once n for all?

legalwealth: Fellow nairalanders! !!

buyers of internet modem today is "which modem do i buy?" as we can see at a thread here on nairaland that was created yesterday with title "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" which you can read more about here at

where I answered a lot of questions pushed forward by people and I now decided to make research and come up with this thread to answer most quetions posted therein

which further leads to which modem is the best available modem in Nigeria. out of a variety of modems....
GLO modem
Etisalat Modem
zain/airtel
starcomms
zoom
universal modem
and other modems

As you would have guessed I advise you to buy the cheapest cost effective modem available to you.
most of these modem packs perform exactly the same function and no problem with the effectivity on the basic function i.e browsing.
However some modems have additional abilities e.g with the Glo modem you can make calls on your computer(that is if you re interested)
It is also worth mentioning that unlocking some modems to accept other network sim cards for browsing might be a problem(e.g some MTN modems)

Thirdly, if will personally not advise you to buy any modem that costs more than N5500, there are cheaper and effective ones out there.

It will be better to buy your device from the network providers through their authentic distributors
and lastly after acquring your internet modem device Unlock it so that you can use other networks(remember unlocking of the modem is a simple and free process)

unlocking modems i.e i modems is no news,however unlocking starcomms epivalley modem and starcomms neo modem (or other CDMA modems) to enable the use of mtn , glo zain data card for browsing has been a question that many has asked.
starcomms izap and one x modem or neo modem is of a different technology from the common huawei 3g/hspda/edge modem used by mtn , etisalat .so 3g modem unlocking with huawei unlocker or zte unlocker is diferrent.
so the sad news for now , as of the time of this writiing is that you cannot use a CDMA modem to access the common data cards used by other networks since it is of a different technlogy huawei unlocker does not work onit and even if the modem unlocking works, you can only use CDMA data cards on it.
so if your plan in buying an i modem(internet modem) is unlocking modem and using for the other networks , then you need to think twice before picking a starcomms epivalley modem or neo modem.
For free huawei unlocker or zte unlocker that will help you in your personal modem unlocking,check the next topic below:

It's a common fact now that unlocking modems is now childs play, you can unlock modems on your own using the huawei unlocker and zte unlocker
which I am willing to give to you free ...only if you request. you can request for the modem unlocking software (huawei unlocker or zte unlocker) by posting your request here and you shall be ushered in to the unlocking modems ritual.

Goodluck and feel free to ask me any question whatsoever by dropping it below smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 09, 2013
please how can i unlock an mtn modem the 5500
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by purplekayc(m): 12:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
i wounder why the moderator keeps hiding posts here ? angry angry
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by tomasteng: 8:02am On Aug 12, 2013
High Quality WCDMA HSPA Modems Factory!

Tel: 086-755-83796048
E-mail: tteng@fasicom.com
Fasicom Alibaba: http://fasicom.en.alibaba.com
Shenzhen Fasicom Electronics Co.,Ltd.
Add: 6/F, Building B, Getailong Industrial Park, No.445 Bulong Road, Bantian, Longgang District, Shenzhen city, China

Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by legalwealth(m): 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2013
Guitarlife: please how can i unlock an mtn modem the 5500

Which one is MTN modem 5500 or you wanted to say E303?
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by RapidBTS: 10:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
universal modem

Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by McYel(m): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2015
legalwealth:
Fellow nairalanders! !!

GLO modem
Etisalat Modem
zain/airtel
starcomms
zoom
universal modem
and other modems

. Sir, I want the hawei unlocker,pls. My email is midahmayel@gmail.com. Thanks!
Re: BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" by Bboyblessed: 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
#INFO: BlackBerry Q10 available for sale for N25K.
Hurry now while offer last..

For more info

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo Laptop With 2 Screens Worth ₦1.4 Million? / Download Whatsapp For PC Without Bluestacks / BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.