Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan (1092 Views)

Saraki, Wike Meet In Porthacourt. / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by Jeel: 7:54am On May 04, 2012
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by 9jaIhail(m): 8:19am On May 04, 2012
Of course it is not hard to see why these "men of God" can't pray away Nigeria's headache. They simply do not understand the mysteries of God as embodied in the scripture - largely because they are complicit of bias and unfairness. How many of these "men of God" in the spirit of God’s scripture have talked to Gowon about Gowon’s mind boggling atrocities against Igbos? How many have talked about the need for Nigeria to atone for the blood of over 2Million Igbos they either starved to death or killed with bombs and mortars supplied by the British.

I wrote a blog not long ago on this subject and pointed out how Gowon did absolutely nothing while Igbo men, women and children got hacked to death all over Northern Nigeria for something the victims absolutely had nothing to do with (regarding the military coup that mitigated the genocide.) Rather than do something to protect Igbos in their nation Gowon launched further full scale war of genocide that turned Igbo land into one massive death chamber.

Certainly, the atrocious Igbo genocide happened yet no one not even the man - Gowon - who headed Nigeria's killing machine had ever said any word of contrite about his or Nigeria's action which occurred under his watch. Do these "men of God" not know that the scripture is very clear about genocide… that one thing God hates more than anything else is "the hand that sheds innocent blood?" Why are these "men of God" lying to themselves... do they not know that to God, atoning for sin especially the sin of shedding innocent blood of (Igbos or seizing their properties till today) is central to Nigeria's healing?

Also these men of the world (sorry men of God) should remember the story of Saul and the Gibeonites (2 Samuel 21). Israel grappled with had hitting famine after Saul had attacked Gibeonites breaking a non-aggression pact Israel had with the Gibeonites. David sought God and God told David the problem (breach of agreement with the Gibeonites) but did not ask David and Israel to “pray” their way out of the problem. Instead God told David and Israel to resolve the matter with the Gibeonites. Israel appeased the Gibeonites and the famine abated. Not one prayer was ever said.

These people should stop wasting their time - because the truth is the more they mouth their platitudinal prayers the worse Nigeria becomes. That ought to tell them to change gears and that platitudinal prayers cannot solve Nigeria’s deep spiritual problems that manifests in disfunctionality in practically every sphere in Nigeria. The real problem is Nigeria has too much unatoned blood in her hands and no one including the genocide-in-chief Gowon wants to confront the real truth. The same God these people are disturbing is also God of the Igbos who saw and certainly was displeased with the atrocities meted out to the Igbos – during and after the war. Of course I don't expect this undiscerning crowd of “men of God” who specialize in dishing placebos to people, to understand. It is so wrongly believed in Nigeria that anyone could commit the most heinous act and then do a drive-through “forgiveness” ritual and all would be fine. Certainly God is not happy with Nigeria and it shows in Nigeria’s steady decline despite the multitude of “prayers” seeking God’s favor for Nigeria. Nigeria certainly does not deserve God’s mercy because Nigerians are staunchly merciless.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by 9jaIhail(m): 8:20am On May 04, 2012
Oh give me a break! Nigeria will become Mecca of Africa? Why Mecca? Why not USA of Africa? What happened to Nigeria likened to Rome, Geneva? What's so damn good about Mecca? Anyway, soon, with the overheated polity, that name will cease to exist!
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by 9jaIhail(m): 8:20am On May 04, 2012
Gowan will continue to pray because to him GOD is deceived. My heart is glad because if GOD is GOD, He does not count the guilty as innocent. According to the word of God as spoken by Samuel the prophet to Saul the first king of Israel, "obedience is better than sacrifice." How I wish that the murderer will humble himself before GOD to apologize to the group of Nigerians he attempted to annihilate in other to occupy their land, their wealth, and their resources. It’s true that Gowan succeeded in thwarting the struggle of a people to survive and pursue happiness under the sun on their own land, but what Gowan did not gain is his own freedom. If not, why is our war time general unable to pray to God at his own village and his home city Jos just like Emeka Ojukwu was doing before he passed on? How come that Gowan’s name does not sound iconic to Nigerians while the presence of late Ojukwu was a life time achievement to almost all Nigerians of every divide? A naïve officer that was juggled to lead a coded jihad against his cousins and fellow Christians should stop crying more than the Bereaved. What boko haram is doing in the not today is a non starter when measured against Gowan's rape of Igbo land and beyond.
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by Jeel: 8:30am On May 04, 2012
What will appease this igbo people,always seeking revenge
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by jmaine: 8:36am On May 04, 2012
Jeel: What will appease this igbo people,always seeking revenge

Me self dey wonder . . . " Why always about them" . . . We just need peace . .shikena . . .
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by jason123: 8:47am On May 04, 2012
These Biafrans don start again! Una don ruin this thread again, abi?! Its really getting annoying!
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by 9jaIhail(m): 8:56am On May 04, 2012
Most of you commenting here have proved to be a typical dump and dunces.You made me to believe that you people and your cohort are still living in blindness to see that what Nigeria as a Nation is suffering today is not far from been the innocent blood that was wasted unnecessarily in a bid to keep your Nigeria one? Continue living in blindness until boko haram visit your door step.
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by mpumalanga: 9:03am On May 04, 2012
9ja_I_hail: Gowan will continue to pray because to him GOD is deceived. My heart is glad because if GOD is GOD, He does not count the guilty as innocent. According to the word of God as spoken by Samuel the prophet to Saul the first king of Israel, "obedience is better than sacrifice." How I wish that the murderer will humble himself before GOD to apologize to the group of Nigerians he attempted to annihilate in other to occupy their land, their wealth, and their resources. It’s true that Gowan succeeded in thwarting the struggle of a people to survive and pursue happiness under the sun on their own land, but what Gowan did not gain is his own freedom. If not, why is our war time general unable to pray to God at his own village and his home city Jos just like Emeka Ojukwu was doing before he passed on? How come that Gowan’s name does not sound iconic to Nigerians while the presence of late Ojukwu was a life time achievement to almost all Nigerians of every divide? A naïve officer that was juggled to lead a coded jihad against his cousins and fellow Christians should stop crying more than the Bereaved. What boko haram is doing in the not today is a non starter when measured against Gowan's rape of Igbo land and beyond.
U are blessed.
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by mpumalanga: 9:12am On May 04, 2012
jmaine:

Me self dey wonder . . . " Why always about them" . . . We just need peace . .shikena . . .
peace was murderd .how can you have peace by murdering the same people you want to live in peace with?
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by boneruns(m): 9:14am On May 04, 2012
@9ja_i_hail: why u dey copy the comments made on vanguard page na?

But e stil make sense sha
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by kettykin: 9:14am On May 04, 2012
why dont we just sit down and seek ways to solve this Nigerian problem once and for all instead of fooling ouselves with fase hope that the jihadist will one day see reason and stop the Blood shed , by 2014 it will be 100 years of an unholy alliance and ruthless blood shedding 40 years ago it was igbos being slaughtered with the whole Nigeria shouting Go in with one Nigeria. Today it is gowon's people and other middlebelters getting thier turn , tomoorow it could be Yorubas.

My Problem with Gowon and Danjuma is not really the uncivil war but about thier lousiness (it was the same Gowon who told the whole world that Nigeria's problem was not Money (Niger Delta's Money ) but what to do with it) the Ajaokuta Project that he started is still an abandoned project.

Nzeogwu and his team eefectively demobilised the califate only for the Gowon's and Danjuma to hand over the power to them and turn around 40 years after to be shouting Nigeria is on fire and looking for Men of God to bail the North Out.

my advice to SS and SE is eventhough they keep out of this , they should be battle ready incase Boko Haram miscalculates and attacks their interests
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by noiseless: 9:19am On May 04, 2012
Haa haa! Ruined the thread? What is it about your nigeria which is not ruined already before this thread? You all want peace but would rather display ignorance and injustice first, so is your peace gonna fall from havean then? There will never be peace in that bloody land without equal right and justice first, so dream on.
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by 9jaIhail(m): 9:29am On May 04, 2012
MY BROTHER I COPIED THOSE COMMENTS BECAUSE THE BOTH COMMENTS SPOKE MY MIND.MEANWHILE IT'S ONLY IN NIGERIA ELDERS USE TO BE AT HOME GOAT DIE IN THE ROPE.OUR ELDERS KNOWS OUR PROBLEMS BUT WHO WILL SPEAK THE BITTER TRUTH? THE LIKES OF OBJ AND CO KNOWS THAT WHAT NIGERIA IS FACING TODAY AS A NATION IS SPIRITUAL, BUT WHO AMONG THEM CAN THROW AWAY THERE EGO AND PRIDES STAND THE SHAME TO CONFESS THAT THE UNNECESSARY KILLINGS THAT THIS NATION HAD COMMITTED IS HUNTING THE NATION.RECENTLY UDI IN BAYELSA STATE WAS WIPED OUT WITHOUT ANYONE RAISING QUESTION AND SOME FOOLS HERE WANT TO CONVINCE ME THAT THERE IS HOPE FOR THIS NATION.
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by PointB: 9:38am On May 04, 2012
Nigeria under the leadership of Gowon murdered peace. Peace will ever elude this blood soaked country until the innocent victims are appeased. Until them we can only look on as the endless search of peace by blind leaders continue. Nigeria is an accursed land!

Niaja_I_hail_u, you are spot on! You spoke like a true son of your fathers.

Those who have problem listening to 'biafrans' should hug a transformer - abi no be so we dey talk am?
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by 9jaIhail(m): 9:46am On May 04, 2012
My Honorable Commissioner PointB udo dili gi nwanne.

This people they are like that king in Bible i forgot his name,who was sick and was told solution to his sickness but he ignored to follow the solution due to pride and ego.This is exactly what is killing Nigeria and i see the Nation dying a natural death.
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by PointB: 10:02am On May 04, 2012
Udo diri gi my brother 9ja_I_hail,

That 'king' would the Syria General Naaman, who initially refused to cure his leprosy by taking a bath recommended by the prophet Elisha because it was below his dignity to bath in the Jordan river.

Anyway, let Nigeria leader (political and spiritual)continue to play ostrich instead of taking needed step to rid the country of bloods and wandering spirit. Some are already talking about superstition. Let me remind those that Christ spirit lingered for 40 days after his resurrection. I would not be surprised to learn that Biafran deads, especially violently and brutally murdered in cold blood pre-war are still lingering around and haunting their killers and their offsprings. Bringing them to justice or taking justice to them.

Some people need to see 'Ghost Whisperer' and learn more about the dead and their effect on the living. In any case, do you have any update of the propose 'reburial' in Igboland of those who died during the war? I hope it it done quick enough. Let's cleanse Igboland, while Nigeria grope in their own self inflicted darkness!
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by 9jaIhail(m): 10:16am On May 04, 2012
Why is it that i can't find the quote icon anymore?

@PointB nwannem the reburial still in plan as i heard it been arranging by the Uwazuruike and some igbo elders.

Thank you for reminding me name of that king.He initially refuse to take bath in the river Jordan but when death grip his neck nobody asked him to do what will save his life.
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by dbty(m): 10:45am On May 04, 2012
Peace in Nigeria is inevitable.we must all pray for peace in this Nation Nigeria.Nobody wld want the state of nigeria to be like dt of Sudan.inrespective of our anger for Nigeria,we need peace.please cld you tell me the people who are most affected in Boko haram's killings?what exactly do you think We can do to atone for Our sins in this country.
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by dbty(m): 11:10am On May 04, 2012
9ja_I_hail: MY BROTHER I COPIED THOSE COMMENTS BECAUSE THE BOTH COMMENTS SPOKE MY MIND.MEANWHILE IT'S ONLY IN NIGERIA ELDERS USE TO BE AT HOME GOAT DIE IN THE ROPE.OUR ELDERS KNOWS OUR PROBLEMS BUT WHO WILL SPEAK THE BITTER TRUTH? THE LIKES OF OBJ AND CO KNOWS THAT WHAT NIGERIA IS FACING TODAY AS A NATION IS SPIRITUAL, BUT WHO AMONG THEM CAN THROW AWAY THERE EGO AND PRIDES STAND THE SHAME TO CONFESS THAT THE UNNECESSARY KILLINGS THAT THIS NATION HAD COMMITTED IS HUNTING THE NATION.RECENTLY UDI IN BAYELSA STATE WAS WIPED OUT WITHOUT ANYONE RAISING QUESTION AND SOME FOOLS HERE WANT TO CONVINCE ME THAT THERE IS HOPE FOR THIS NATION.
I believe there is hope for Nigeria.i think you are nt in Nigeria?even if you are nt, your family and your tribe wld need dt peace.it is we Nigerians nd common citizen dt can bring peace and sanity to dis country
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by dbty(m): 11:15am On May 04, 2012
[quote author=dbty]I believe there is hope for Nigeria.i think you are nt in Nigeria?even if you are nt, your family and your tribe wld need dt peace.it is we Nigerians nd common citizen dt can bring peace and sanity to dis country
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by 9jaIhail(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2012
@dbty Well since you and i who are the common Nigerians does not have access to bring sanity into Nigeria.Since common men voice is not heard in this country it is baseless for anyone to keep dreaming of a better Nigeria whereas those who are suppose to use the position they held to restore hope is filled with pride,ego plus arrogance, how on earth do you expecting good things in this lion den call Nigeria?My dear if you are a kind that does not have bias mind you will agree with me that the problem this country is facing is spiritual and our so call prophets and men of God's are lying to their self by praying amiss,This country had wasted blood and the God we all serve is a God that avenge for every single blood that was shed unjust.Let us start living in a reality and stop all this abrakataba methods our leaders and men of God's in this country is coming up with.
Re: Insecurity: Gowon,adeboye,oritsejiafo Meet In Ibadan by 9jaIhail(m): 11:51am On May 04, 2012
@dbty Though i like your spirit and mindset if what you write is how your mindset is in real life,but i must tell you i use to have such a mindset more than anymore else but at a time i noticed that what is behind the problems of this country is beyond explanation,so my dear i will advice you to prepare your mind and put ur self together, whatever ethnicity you came from in Nigeria channel your energy or should i say reserve your energy to help your future country when this Nation finally collapse because the hope is lost.

(1) (Reply)

Arrested BOKO Haram Leader, Sulaiman Mohammed Is Not From Ogbomosho / ‘Massive Expansion’ In US Covert Operations In Africa / Sallah Shocker: IG Approves Mass Transfer Of 50, 000 Police Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.