Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,905 members, 7,814,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) (1611 Views)

Hoodlums Dump Unclad Body Of Girl After Raping And Killing Her. See Photos / Hoodlums Kill Man In Ebute-Meta, Ask Residents Not To Panic (graphic Pic) / Assassins Murder Popular Pharmacist In Benue State (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by Rhino5dm: 12:58pm On May 04, 2012
Hoodlums kidnap pharmacist in Owerri

Tweet 0 May 4, 2012 | 12:11 pm News BY CHIDI NKWOPARA, OWERRI.

Owner of Milan Pharmacy Limited, Owerri, Chief Monday Okere, was Wednesday kidnapped by yet to be identified hoodlums. Vanguard investigations revealed that the hoodlums, numbering about six, stormed the pharmacy at about 7.55pm in a military commando fashion, release a volley of bullets into the air, bundled their victim into a red Toyota Camry saloon car and zoomed off.

It was also gathered that the rampaging hoodlums shot Okere’s personal driver in his leg and is reportedly receiving treatment in a undisclosed hospital. Feelers from the kidnap victim’s Okolochi, Owerri West local council area country home, spoke of uneasy calm among members of his immediate family, as they were visibly alarmed about the safety of their bread winner.

Some people, who spoke to Vanguard on the issue, lamented that such a serious crime could take place in the heart of Owerri municipality unchallenged by security agencies operating in the state. They attributed the increasing incidents of crime to “misplaced priorities by the administration”, stressing that the greatest threat to Governor Rochas Okorocha’s rescue mission is insecurity in the land.
Re: Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by Rhino5dm: 12:59pm On May 04, 2012
Re: Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by karlmax2: 1:03pm On May 04, 2012
Maurice Semaan (manager f Yvounces generators),Mohammed and Shillo, all staff f d same company were on their way 2 work when they were kidnapped this morning at about 7:40am at BANUSO Filling station at Akasholeri estate, ikorodu.. (They are all white men in their early 30s) the kidnappers were driving a black toyota small car. pls any info will b appreciated.
Call: 08064039674 if you got any information!

Thanks!

Pls re boardcast.
Re: Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by achi4u(m): 2:54pm On May 04, 2012
@karl max,they are with us here,just pay 40million into our account then we will do dem wellbill.
hurry up while the offer lastgringrin
Re: Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by otokx(m): 4:10pm On May 04, 2012
And the anarchy continues to spread.
Re: Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by bashr8: 8:01pm On May 04, 2012
Wednesday, 11 April 2012 14:01

Spain said Wednesday that one of its nationals had gone missing in southwestern Nigeria and was feared kidnapped. The disappearance of the man "has all the characteristics of a kidnapping for economic reasons," said Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo.
Spanish media reported that the missing man is a 58-year-old doctor who works for a clinic belonging to a foundation financially supported by Catholic institution Opus Dei in southwestern Nigeria, a predominantly Christian area.
"The organisation he works for has asked for total discretion," the foreign minister added as he arrived in parliament.
"It is in the southwest of the country, not in the north, so there are no political implications of any type."
Spain's embassy in Nigeria was working with the local authorities to resolve the case and the foreign ministry was in "permanent contact" with the man's family, a foreign ministry spokesman said.
http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com/index.php/latest-news/item/2208-spanish-doctor-missing-in-nigeria-feared-kidnapped
Re: Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by Rhino5dm: 8:44pm On May 04, 2012
^
This is what I got from your link. Why do you like to alter source to satisfy your bigotry? That spanish doctor was kidnapped in Enugu(south east). Shameless thief!

Spain said Wednesday that one of its nationals had gone missing in southern Nigeria and was feared kidnapped. The disappearance of the man "has all the characteristics of a kidnapping for economic reasons," said Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo. Spanish media reported that the missing man is a 58-year-old doctor who works for a clinic belonging to a foundation financially supported by Catholic institution Opus Dei in southwestern Nigeria, a predominantly Christian area
Re: Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by Rhino5dm: 8:51pm On May 04, 2012
Kidnappers Free Spanish Doctor In Enugu

Posted: April 21, 2012 - 16:44 Dr Joe Machimbarrena By Citizen Reporter Security operatives picked up Dr Machimbarrena around "Thinkers Corner" axis in Enugu city.

A source said that the release of the doctor is a fallout of the discussion between the kidnappers and the Spanish Embassy in Nigeria. Our source who is from one of the security agencies, however refused to say if ransom payment was made to the kidnappers by the Embassy for the release of the doctor.

[b] Ebere Amaraizu, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Enugu State confirmed[sb] this report on Saturday. Amaraizu disclosed that Dr Joe is still looking strong,hale and hearty when he was seen on Friday night around Thinkers Corner axis of Enugu, adding that he has reunited with his hospital community. He said the state police command has intensified its manhunt for the hoodlum. Dr Joe as he is fondly called by his colleagues at Niger Foundation Hospital in Enugu, got kidnapped on April 4 while returning home from work
Re: Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by Rhino5dm: 8:52pm On May 04, 2012
source:

saharareporters.com/news-page/kidnappers-free-spanish-doctor-enugu
Re: Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by Rhino5dm: 8:58pm On May 04, 2012
You thought we are lazy like you? Here is another source about the kidnapped spanish doctor. Shmaless crook!

Kidnapping: Spanish doctor regains freedom

APRIL 22, 2012 BY OZIOMA UBABUKOH The Spannish doctor who was kidnapped recently in Enugu State, Dr. Joe machimbarrena, was on Friday night released by his captors. Machimbarrena, a member of staff of Niger Foundation Hospital, located in Enugu, was seen on Saturday morning around Thinkers Corner area of the state and was said to have reunited with the hospital community. Our correspondent learnt that the management of the hospital had thanked the security agencies in the state for rescuing the victim, whom they described as “almost a Nigerian because of his length of stay in Enugu.”
Re: Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by Rhino5dm: 9:01pm On May 04, 2012
He fraudulently inserted south west in the news to satisfy his hate and bigotry. It sucks to be Ibo for real!. Thief!

bashr8: Wednesday, 11 April 2012 14:01

Spain said Wednesday that one of its nationals had gone missing in southwestern Nigeria and was feared kidnapped. The disappearance of the man "has all the characteristics of a kidnapping for economic reasons," said Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo.
Spanish media reported that the missing man is a 58-year-old doctor who works for a clinic belonging to a foundation financially supported by Catholic institution Opus Dei in southwestern Nigeria, a predominantly Christian area.
"The organisation he works for has asked for total discretion," the foreign minister added as he arrived in parliament.
"It is in the southwest of the country, not in the north, so there are no political implications of any type."
Spain's embassy in Nigeria was working with the local authorities to resolve the case and the foreign ministry was in "permanent contact" with the man's family, a foreign ministry spokesman said.
http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com/index.php/latest-news/item/2208-spanish-doctor-missing-in-nigeria-feared-kidnapped
Re: Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by bashr8: 9:23pm On May 04, 2012
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerian-secret-police-nabs-kidnappers-dubai-businessman?page=1

The Nigerian secret police today announced the arrest of a 7-man kidnap gang in Osun state in the Southwestern parts of Nigeria. The gang were paraded before journalists at the headquarters of the SSS in Abuja.

Spokesperson for the State Security Services, Marilyn Ogar told reporters that the group kidnapped Mohammed Majed Ishmael Al Ali, a Dubai-based businessman and United Arab Emirates citizen who was invited to visit Nigeria on a phony business deal.

The group earlier proposed Al Ali that he would benefit from a large business deal through Finuche Investments, however, as soon as Al Ali arrived Nigeria the group kidnapped him and held him in a remote village in Osun State.

The SSsS said Mr. Al Ali was held hostage for 60 days in Aboriogun village near Ikoyi town in Isokan local government area of Osun state.
Re: Hoodlums Kidnap Pharmacist In Owerri!(yet, Again!!) by bashr8: 9:25pm On May 04, 2012
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/04/05/teenager-nabbed-for-kidnapping/

b]There was pandemonium Friday in a private school in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital, southwest Nigeria, when the headteacher of the school engaged a kidnap suspect, Sodiq Abiodun,18, in a fight when he was about kidnapping some pupils of the school.[/b]
The incident occurred at Nissi Nursery and Primary School, Amolaso area in Abeokuta South Local Government Area of Ogun state.
Narrating the incident to our correspondent, the headteacher of the school, Mr Adeyemi Adeleke stated that if not for the vigilance of the residents, the boy would have made away with some of their pupils who were playing on a field behind the school compound.
According to him,”we were all inside the school busy collating the pupils’ report cards while some pupils were on the field playing football. One of the residents just came in to alert us that a boy is with the children on the field and they suspect him. I quickly rushed down there and enquired from him about his mission.
“He was speaking like a fulani boy and before I could speak further, he had removed a knife with him and we started fighting. He wounded me but with the help of the people in the area, we overpowered him and handed him over to the vigilance group in their office.”
He further stated that the matter was later transferred to Ibara police station by the vigilance group afterr he had made a statement in their office, saying,”the police could not help out as we were told to follow the man to his residence to confirm whether he is sane or not.”
When our correspondent visited the office of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, Ogun state chapter office at the Old Works Yard in Abeokuta, the camp Commandant confirmed the incident and disclosed that the boy had been taken the police station after interogation.
The Camp Commandant, Mr Tunde Sunday Oshunsi said, “the boy was taken down to our office by some residents of Amolaso and the school headteacher. We discovered that he had been thoroughly beaten with cuts in many parts of his body. We interogated him and since we didn’t have a cell here to keep him, we transferred him to the police station and the police rejected him, saying he had been beaten too much.
“The police advised us to follow him to his house to know his state of health.”
The suspect who spoke with our correspondent in the office of the vigilance group identified himself as Sodiq Abiodun,18, an apprentice shoe maker.
“I am not a kidnapper, my father caused all this.
He has not allowed me to go out in the last four days. He was threatening to kill me and when I found my way to escape, I ran out,” he said.
While asking for his mission in the school with a knife, the young boy stated that he wanted to protect himself from being assaulted by his father.
“I didn’t mean to kidnap anybody. My father lives at Akinoshin compound in Ago Oko area of Abeokuta. My mother is blind while my father is not doing anything than to be beating me and collecting all money on me. That was why I ran out from home.”
A police source from Ibara police station confirmed the incident to our correspondent on phone, saying that the boy had been given back to the vigilance group to look into his matter.
“It was true that they brought the boy to our station, but immediately we saw him with several cuts on his body coupled with the way he was behaving, we advised the vigilante and the school authority to follow him to his residence to confirm the state of his health first before any further steps would be taken,” the police source hinted.
—Abiodun Onafuye/Abeokuta

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News...28 Murdered Because They Weren't Muslim (image) / W.H.O Scientists Investigate ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town (graphic Pics) / VIDEO: Woman Runs Unclad In The Street After Evicting Her Family!!! (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.