Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:52 PM

Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake (13993 Views)

Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai / APC Overrules Buhari's Ban On AIT, Says AIT Is Free To Cover Govt Activities / Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake (2) (3) (4)

Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by aljharem(m): 8:19am On May 06, 2012
Home » News & Reports » News

Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-In Interview Call Is Fake
Posted: May 6, 2012 - 00:29

By SaharaReporters, New York
Islamist militant sect Boko Haram has revealed that a purported telephone call made to the African Independent Television (AIT) by a caller pretending to be a Boko Haram spokesperson was fake.

A source close to the sect told Saharareporters that the no one in the sect or any on its leadership initiated a call threatening to attack Lagos and Abuja in 72 hours.

A Nigerian local TV station-African Independent Television- had played a phone call in which an individual claiming to be a representative of Boko Haram threatened to attack Lagos and Abuja in 72 hours.

The caller also requested that Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan unconditionally meet with the sect in Yobe state, without security, to discuss the terms of a ceasefire, but our most reliable source said the call was a prank pulled by individuals capitalizing on the hysteria created by Boko Haram's recent attacks in northern Nigeria.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-says-ait-phone-interview-call-fake

Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by kokoA(m): 8:24am On May 06, 2012
Phew! Thank God o.. GEJ will be the hapiest man on earth today grin

Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by aljharem(m): 8:28am On May 06, 2012
kokoA: Phew! Thank God o.. GEJ will be the hapiest man on earth today grin

LOL grin grin grin grin I am happy as well. I could not have imagine what would have followed. It is really unimaginable. I just thank God for intervening in time. Alhamdu lillah
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by honeric01(m): 8:37am On May 06, 2012
alj harem:

LOL grin grin grin grin I am happy as well. I could not have imagine what would have followed. It is really unimaginable. I just thank God for intervening in time. Alhamdu lillah

I always knew it was fake, the voice alone is a let out.
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by aljharem(m): 8:39am On May 06, 2012
honeric01:

My brother, lets just thank God. That would have consumed the country.

I hope JTF and CO can grow some ball (since it is there job) and fish these people out. smiley

We nigerian don tire grin

Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by kokoA(m): 8:49am On May 06, 2012
honeric01:

How manage you take sabi BH voice? Hmmm .. I supect you o. grin if this guy's name is not on that list, then its a fake list grin

Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by wesley80(m): 9:01am On May 06, 2012
alj harem:

I just thank God for intervening in time. Alhamdu lillah

How has He intervened?

Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by Mynd44: 9:03am On May 06, 2012
I can imagine the Hausa community is Lagos doing thanksgiving to God.
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by aljharem(m): 9:04am On May 06, 2012
wesley80:
How has He intervened?

He has by confirming the call as fake. Already tomorrow people would not really go out thus making the country lose billions. Now we as Nigerians should pressurise our authorities to fish these people out
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by aljharem(m): 9:04am On May 06, 2012
Mynd_44: I can imagine the Hausa community is Lagos doing thanksgiving to God.

You don start again ! angry Ose aro
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by Mynd44: 9:12am On May 06, 2012
What did I start? I am not being tribal or anything but should a car have a backfire 2morrow in Lagos, the a lot of lives will be lost as people will go on a reprisal thinking there was an attack and the Hausa community will be the ones they will face
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by wesley80(m): 9:13am On May 06, 2012
alj harem:

He has by confirming the call as fake. Already tomorrow people would not really go out thus making the country lose billions. Now we as Nigerians should pressurise our authorities to fish these people out

I see, so He confirmed by putting a news story on SAHARA REPORTS and made a "reliable" UNNAMED source to issue a denial abi?

Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by Mynd44: 9:19am On May 06, 2012
But really can we trust the Phone call or the denial?
Personally, I think anyone can call up AIT and say whatever and Sahara reporters are just as useless as they come
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by Chubhie: 9:27am On May 06, 2012
How are we sure that the "source" close to the sect as reported by saharah is not fake? What is/are the yardstick involved in knowing the fake and original boko haram?
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by amosy007: 9:27am On May 06, 2012
kokoA: How manage you take sabi BH voice? Hmmm .. I supect you o. grin if this guy's name is not on that list, then its a fake list grin

boko haram dnt usually communicate in english and they dnt call live tv or programm to claim responsibility or make threat
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by 190: 9:45am On May 06, 2012
[size=13pt]It might just be a prank to get eyes off em

and BOOOM they still go ahead 2 strike!

dont play wiv these muraf[i]u[/i]ckers

MEANWHILE -

RIP RASHIDI - YOUR MUSIC WAS AN INSPIRATION AND SOURCE OF JOY TO ME, OMG HE DIED IN HIS STUDIO IN JAMAICA
[/size]
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by Mynd44: 9:46am On May 06, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by iammodel(m): 9:56am On May 06, 2012
Rubbish! I don't want to know whether the call was fake or not. I just want to wake up one morning & think that the whole BH was a night mare. Tired of seeing the name making headlines.
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by maclatunji: 9:56am On May 06, 2012
So people were actually afraid of something- what exactly is it you were afraid of? Lack of effective leadership in Nigeria is making me lose interest in listening to political news.
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by oayombo: 10:04am On May 06, 2012
Don't we as a nation know how to trace calls? Wtf are our network providers doing to help the fight against terrorism?
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by Mynd44: 10:07am On May 06, 2012
oayombo: Don't we as a nation know how to trace calls? Wtf are our network providers doing to help the fight against terrorism?
Don't even start with that
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by baslone: 10:08am On May 06, 2012

Would he? Just like the Oct 1 bombing- their intention just messed up!!!

Nigeria Revolt wrote:

why is it that whenever there is massive looting and the people plant to protest, Boko harram will start bombing heavily?

How do you explain the facts that Boko harram called AIT and threatened to Bomb Lagos at the wake of preparations by civil society groups to protest the implementation of the subsidy probe in Lagos? How do you explain that a call cannot be traced to the caller
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by lacasa: 10:08am On May 06, 2012
oayombo: Don't we as a nation know how to trace calls? Wtf are our network providers doing to help the fight against terrorism?

Lmaoo grin ΐ wonder ☺º°˚˚°ºoo
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by lacasa: 10:09am On May 06, 2012
baslone:

Nigeria Revolt wrote:

why is it that whenever there is massive looting and the people plant to protest, Boko harram will start bombing heavily?

How do you explain the facts that Boko harram called AIT and threatened to Bomb Lagos at the wake of preparations by civil society groups to protest the implementation of the subsidy probe in Lagos? How do you explain that a call cannot be traced to the caller

Gbam!
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by Nobody: 10:10am On May 06, 2012
alj harem:

Dude, u've been seriously misled. God is not in the venn diagram. Also note that those involved are high-profile thieves, thus dey can't be FISHED out as is done in nollywood movies.

GEJ (the commander-in-thief of the armed forces) knows dem all. We can only HOPE dat he grows balls soon enough and act accordingly.
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by Nobody: 10:14am On May 06, 2012
baslone:

Nigeria Revolt wrote:

I fear that Henry Okah may not be far from the truth.

Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by yungblurd(m): 10:22am On May 06, 2012
190: [size=13pt]It might just be a prank to get eyes off em

and BOOOM they still go ahead 2 strike!

dont play wiv these muraf[i]u[/i]ckers

MEANWHILE -

RIP RASHIDI - YOUR MUSIC WAS AN INSPIRATION AND SOURCE OF JOY TO ME, OMG HE DIED IN HIS STUDIO IN JAMAICA
[/size]
grin omo this one na mars him dey live before. Rotflmao

Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by reloboy(m): 10:27am On May 06, 2012
pee in my pant laughing grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by Nairaboi(m): 10:28am On May 06, 2012
lacasa:

Gbam!
. . . Double gbam.
Re: Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake by bakila: 10:28am On May 06, 2012
Mynd_44: But really can we trust the Phone call or the denial?
Personally, I think anyone can call up AIT and say whatever and Sahara reporters are just as useless as they come

Pls dont spoil the Fresh Air coming out of the denial. A friend told me that the voice doesnt not sound boko haramish and I will wait and see how it plays out.

Abiola’s Wife To Run For Lagos Governor In 2015 / Prisoners Protest VIP Treatment Of Lebanese Terror Suspects / Court Quashes Charges Against Sylva