Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,991 members, 7,835,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

When They Saw The Star - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When They Saw The Star (851 Views)

He Saw The Pope And The Muslim Leader In HELL / I Saw An Aircraft Filled With Blood – Pastor Chris Okafor / I Used To Be A Born Again Christian Before I Saw The Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When They Saw The Star by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:43am On May 06, 2012

Re: When They Saw The Star by Nobody: 9:50am On May 06, 2012
THREE MEN were led to YOUR SAVIOR by a STAR.. and you call others mystics?
Re: When They Saw The Star by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:06am On May 06, 2012
musKeeto:

THREE MEN were led to YOUR SAVIOR by a STAR.. and you call others mystics?

Who said they were three men? You started off on a wrong foot.
Re: When They Saw The Star by Nobody: 10:18am On May 06, 2012
My apologies.. the WISE men..

The issue here isn't about the number, though. It's how they were led to MEET your SAVIOR..

After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi[a] from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

3 When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. 4 When he had called together all the people’s chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Messiah was to be born. 5 “In Bethlehem in Judea,” they replied, “for this is what the prophet has written:

6 “‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah,
are by no means least among the rulers of Judah;
for out of you will come a ruler
who will shepherd my people Israel.’[b]”
7 Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. 8 He sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.”

9 After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. 10 When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. 12 And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.
Re: When They Saw The Star by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25am On May 06, 2012
musKeeto: My apologies.. the WISE men..

The issue here isn't about the number, though. It's how they were led to MEET your SAVIOR..

It's good that you now realised how you shot yourself in the foot and then retraced your steps. As to how they were led to meet our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ will show you that wise men is not the same as the astrologers, read up about the difference with Daniel and friends against the others in the book of Daniel and how these wise men were the descendants of Daniel and friends.
Re: When They Saw The Star by Nobody: 10:34am On May 06, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
As to how they were led to meet our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ will show you that wise men is not the same as the astrologers, read up about the difference with Daniel and friends against the others in the book of Daniel and how these wise men were the descendants of Daniel and friends.
lmao...
have a great sunday cool
Re: When They Saw The Star by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:37pm On May 06, 2012
musKeeto:

lmao...
have a great sunday cool

Am not surprised that you don't know that there is a big difference between astrologers and astronomy. Have a blessed sunday too. wink
Re: When They Saw The Star by ijawkid(m): 5:39pm On May 06, 2012
@musketoo....The truth is d star d wise magi or knorr cube men saw wasn't from God....

It was satan who used dat star to lead d maggi men to where Jesus was born....

OlaaaAaaaaaa how far??how today??

Like ur update....
Re: When They Saw The Star by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 06, 2012
^^^^^^^^
I hope you're being sarcastic...

OLAADEGBU:

Am not surprised that you don't know that there is a big difference between astrologers and astronomy. Have a blessed sunday too. wink
Please enlighten me.. Nice way to derail your own thread by the way.. Were the MAGI astrologers or astronomers?

Magi[a] from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”
Re: When They Saw The Star by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:51pm On May 06, 2012
ijawkid:
@musketoo....The truth is d star d wise magi or knorr cube men saw wasn't from God....

It was satan who used dat star to lead d maggi men to where Jesus was born....

OlaaaAaaaaaa how far??how today??

Like ur update....

I am blessed and highly favoured. What about you?

What do you mean by saying that the star wasn't from God?

Another misconception is that the star didn't lead the magi to where Jesus was born in a manger.
Re: When They Saw The Star by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 06, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I am blessed and highly favoured. What about you?

What do you mean by saying that the star wasn't from God?

Another misconception is that the star didn't lead the magi to where Jesus was born in a manger.

The star led the Magi to Jesus.

Matthew 2

After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi[a] from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”
3 When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. 4 When he had called together all the people’s chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Messiah was to be born. 5 “In Bethlehem in Judea,” they replied, “for this is what the prophet has written:
6 “‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah,
are by no means least among the rulers of Judah;
for out of you will come a ruler
who will shepherd my people Israel.’”
7 Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. 8 He sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.”

9 [size=14pt]After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. 10 When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him.[/size] Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. 12 And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.
Re: When They Saw The Star by Goshen360(m): 6:32pm On May 06, 2012
@ OP,
Nice thread.
Re: When They Saw The Star by KamiLara: 6:47pm On May 06, 2012
ditto
Re: When They Saw The Star by Goshen360(m): 6:51pm On May 06, 2012
Oga KamiLara,

Nice comment
Re: When They Saw The Star by KamiLara: 6:56pm On May 06, 2012
I take after you
Re: When They Saw The Star by Goshen360(m): 7:00pm On May 06, 2012
^
Ese o oga mi. Oluwa ku ise o. Oluwa a ma fun wa l'agbara si o. grin
Re: When They Saw The Star by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 06, 2012
Una don start abi..?
Dis one worse pass Logicboy, o. Oga Goshen grin
Make i go call buzugee for una...
Re: When They Saw The Star by KamiLara: 7:18pm On May 06, 2012
See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil
Re: When They Saw The Star by Goshen360(m): 7:22pm On May 06, 2012
okay oga mi. mo sese get nkan ti e n so ni. (edited) E se o. Emi a ma teriba fun emi.lolz grin
Re: When They Saw The Star by Goshen360(m): 7:27pm On May 06, 2012
^
Take off my quote from your comments please. Thanks
Re: When They Saw The Star by Goshen360(m): 7:28pm On May 06, 2012
musKeeto: Una don start abi..?
Dis one worse pass Logicboy, o. Oga Goshen grin
Make i go call buzugee for una...

lolz. Repented and edited grin
Re: When They Saw The Star by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 06, 2012
nna nawa... this una editing.. even Steven SPielberg never do am... grin grin grin grin
Re: When They Saw The Star by tpia5: 7:30pm On May 06, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Who said they were three men? You started off on a wrong foot.

more like oversabi dey do am everytime.

highly ignorant but thinks he's smart.
Re: When They Saw The Star by Goshen360(m): 7:33pm On May 06, 2012
musKeeto: nna nawa... this una editing.. even Steven SPielberg never do am... grin grin grin grin

No worry. Na so life dey. I learnt this from MASTER EDITOR....you know who am talking about,lolz I mean the CHIEF EDITOR HIMSELF. grin grin grin Abeg, I no wan laf this Sunday o. Abeg no call buzugee enter this thread o. Oga KamiLara don advice me and I owe him a great respect.lolz grin grin grin
Re: When They Saw The Star by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 06, 2012
tpia@:

See joy as people see error for my work, even tilapia don jump commot from water... wonderfull..
Re: When They Saw The Star by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 06, 2012
Goshen360:

No worry. Na so life dey. I learnt this from MASTER EDITOR....you know who am talking about,lolz I mean the CHIEF EDITOR HIMSELF. grin grin grin Abeg, I no wan laf this Sunday o. Abeg no call buzugee enter this thread o. Oga KamiLara don advice me and I owe him a great respect.lolz grin grin grin
Na u sabi wu be MASTER EDITOR.. i no follow u for this one.. na so last weekend na l-boy una do, im run go meet JeSoul cheesy...
Abeg new week one start... MASTER EDITOR don turn ESCAPE ARTIST.. any thread wey dey like say e don bad for im syd, na so im go run, go open new one..
Re: When They Saw The Star by tpia5: 7:56pm On May 06, 2012
Am not surprised that you don't know that there is a big difference between astrologers and astronomy

nothing surprising there, in any way.

if only he knows he knows nothing! and by nothing, i mean zilch. undecided

but the problem is he feels he knows it all.
Re: When They Saw The Star by Goshen360(m): 7:57pm On May 06, 2012
musKeeto:
Na u sabi wu be MASTER EDITOR.. i no follow u for this one.. na so last weekend na l-boy una do, im run go meet JeSoul cheesy...
Abeg new week one start... MASTER EDITOR don turn ESCAPE ARTIST.. any thread wey dey like say e don bad for im syd, na so im go run, go open new one..

Hahahahahahahaha,lolz grin grin grin grin. You be my man anytime even if you no follow me for this one.lolz. Anyway, no derailing because Mr. Ola go vex come see us dey perform signs for him thread now. Happy Sunday bro.
Re: When They Saw The Star by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
tpia5:

No mind am. How you dey? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? / Why Do We Have Too Many Churches And Mosques, Yet The Nation Is In Mess? / Woman Delivers Horse In Edo Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.