Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,090 members, 7,953,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:07 PM

Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? (857 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? by PrettyCindy(f): 6:59am On Jun 20, 2012
I write this with a heavy heart.
Yesterday morning we took my younger sister to the hospital due to severe malaria and she was admitted. At about 11am, i heard screams coming from the adjacent room. I went to see what was happening and there, was lieing a beautiful young pregnant lady of about 26yrs old. She was dieing gradually right before the eyes of her husband and family. According to a nurse, she was rushed to the hospital that morning by 4am. Series of test were done and her packed cell volume (pcv- blood volume) was 14%. She was severely anaemic. The ideal thing in such situations would have been to infuse blood but unfortunately they are Jehovah's witnesses and they told the Doctor not to bother yet they couldn't afford to buy the injection which acts as a blood subtitute (costs #20, 000 for one and they would have needed four). Her husband is not rich neither is her family.
By 12noon, this beautiful pregnant lady died. Just like that. Funny i was in the room calming her mum when she gave up the ghost. About 11years ago, i also lost a dear friend because of this no blood rule thing.

So here comes my questions. Isn't it about time these people review their bible and this no blood rule?
Are they comfortable burying their children and grandchildren?
Is the bible really against blood donation?
Or are they just being plain stupid?
The worst is these people commits sin like every one else and when a decision that has to do with life and death is to be made, they choose death and will still go to hell with their sins.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? by ijawkid(m): 8:15am On Jun 20, 2012
PrettyCindy: I write this with a heavy heart.
Yesterday morning we took my younger sister to the hospital due to severe malaria and she was admitted. At about 11am, i heard screams coming from the adjacent room. I went to see what was happening and there, was lieing a beautiful young pregnant lady of about 26yrs old. She was dieing gradually right before the eyes of her husband and family. According to a nurse, she was rushed to the hospital that morning by 4am. Series of test were done and her packed cell volume (pcv- blood volume) was 14%. She was severely anaemic. The ideal thing in such situations would have been to infuse blood but unfortunately they are Jehovah's witnesses and they told the Doctor not to bother yet they couldn't afford to buy the injection which acts as a blood subtitute (costs #20, 000 for one and they would have needed four). Her husband is not rich neither is her family.
By 12noon, this beautiful pregnant lady died. Just like that. Funny i was in the room calming her mum when she gave up the ghost. About 11years ago, i also lost a dear friend because of this no blood rule thing.

So here comes my questions. Isn't it about time these people review their bible and this no blood rule?
Are they comfortable burying their children and grandchildren?
Is the bible really against blood donation?
Or are they just being plain stupid?
The worst is these people commits sin like every one else and when a decision that has to do with life and death is to be made, they choose death and will still go to hell with their sins.

You think an unserious witness will abstain from blood??

Does d bible prohibit blood intake??

Does d bible give d command for servants of God to abstain from blood??

Ask urself..........
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? by Murphy7h4: 8:20am On Jun 20, 2012
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? by buchi4action(m): 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2012
Thank God am not a witness!, if i was i should have died in the year 2007.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? by PastorAIO: 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
At least the Witnesses stand by what they believe. They live by it and die by it. Some other people will preach something from the rooftop but when push comes to shove they will compromise it, not even to stay alive but merely to become rich.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2012
Now this is what you call religious fanaticism, not frosbel preaching the gospel.

This is sad story , JW is a cult, one of the worst that there is.

There is absolutely nowhere in scripture forbidding blood transfusion , this is what happens when people refuse to read their bibles.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? by Freksy(m): 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
frosbel: Now this is what you call religious fanaticism, not frosbel preaching the gospel.

This is sad story , JW is a cult, one of the worst that there is.

There is absolutely nowhere in scripture forbidding blood transfusion , this is what happens when people refuse to read their bibles.

You are 100% wrong, unless you are talking about another religious group. As for JW, they read, study snd understand the Bible more than every other religious denominations that use Bible.

May the bereaved members be consoled with the hope of seeing her again through resurrection.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? by Joel3(m): 9:00pm On Jun 26, 2012
What is the essence of teaching what u don't practics. Atleast they practics what they teach. Ressuraction day.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? by ZUBY77(m): 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
Freksy:

You are 100% wrong, unless you are talking about another religious group. As for JW, they read, study snd understand the Bible more than every other religious denominations that use Bible.

May the bereaved members be consoled with the hope of seeing her again through resurrection.

Seun can you please ban this morronn ? Thank you
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
Freksy:

they read the bible and prevent their members from taking blood transfusion
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
It does not matter what the fanatic Fraksy has written .

The story is heartbreaking. For a moment forget our beliefs, and just think he dies, not only a woman, a mother, but also your child!
Those fans do not agree to abort a girl rap.ed, but forced to die a mother and son!
Even when normal people must endure these stupid murderers and their eccentricities!
I have repeated hundreds of times all these imported beliefs have nothing to do with African traditions!
For those fans everything is a sin! Everything is repression!
Do not have se.x! Do not save your life and your son!
These deaths will weigh on the conscience of each of the religious fanatics, who would not mind killing in order to "win a soul." For in this case, the fans have won two!
The fanatics blame everything on Satan ... but Satan does not live locked in this hell that has been invented ... Satan lives in many Christian churches, collecting tithes, repressing, falsely citing biblical passages, and also killing innocent mothers and babies.
Open your eyes!
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Their No Blood Believe. Good Or Bad? by Freksy(m): 12:08am On Jun 27, 2012
frosbel:

they read the bible and prevent their members from taking blood transfusion

It pleases no one to lose his loved one in death. Death is a very painful thing. JWs value and respect life a lot, but more than anything else, they respect the Giver of life and His words to the best that their imperfections can allow. If within their power, they chose to lose their life rather than compromise their faith and jeopardize their relationship with God.

God says blood should not be eaten and should be abstained from? Have you ever wondered why? There lies the d/f b/w u & them.

(1) (Reply)

Blessed And Joyous Ramadan! / Benedict Xvi's Resignation Is It Due To A Case Of Blackmail On Gay Bishops? / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Tuesday 2nd April No Vacuum By Pastor E. A. Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.