Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris (10450 Views)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife / Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 5:58pm On May 06, 2012
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him (Acts 10:3.

A lady gave birth to a child that was blind and started crying, "Oh God, what has this innocent child done to be born blind? Oh God, why did you do this?" She held God responsible for such a misfortune out of her ignorance. Many people ignorantly attribute every mishap to an act of God; this is wrong! God is not the author of the pain, sickness and misery in the lives of many. Rather, He’s the healer, restorer, and mender of broken hearts, broken lives, and broken relationships.

Our opening scripture reveals God’s character and nature of love, kindness, and compassion, while revealing Satan as the one who oppresses people with sickness, hardship, pain and misery. It tells us that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil, for God was with Him. Notice, it wasn’t God who made the people sick; but it was God who sent Jesus to heal them.

The case of blind Bartimaeus readily buttresses this. The Bible says he was born blind; not satisfied with his condition, he cried out to Jesus for help, and the Lord restored his sight (Mark 10:51-52). In this case, the man was born blind, and then Jesus healed him, proof-positive it wasn’t God who made him blind. A similar case was when Jesus and His disciples met another man who was born blind. His disciples asked Him, "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" (John 9:2).

The Lord responded, "...Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him, I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work."

The devil’s work was manifested in the man’s life, which was the blindness, but the Lord Jesus went on to say, "…but that the works of God should be made manifest in him, I must work the works of Him that sent me," (John 9:3-4) and healed the man.

Evidently, God is the healer while the devil is the oppressor responsible for all the sickness, disease and misery that people suffer from! Nevertheless, thanks be unto God; He’s given us power to heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead and cast out devils (Matthew 10:. Like Jesus, you ought to go about doing good, healing those who are oppressed of the devil, for God is with you.

1 Like

Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by buzugee(m): 6:35pm On May 06, 2012
i beg to differ with pastor Chris

EXODUS 4 VS 11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

DEUTERONOMY 28 VS 61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

DEUTERONOMY 28 VS 59[b] Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 06, 2012
NUMBERS 12:9-14 God was displeased with Miriam, so he struck her with leprosy and banished her from the camp for seven days.

NUMBERS 21:6 God sent venomous snakes, which bit and killed many Israelites.

1 SAMUEL 5:6-9 As punishment for stealing the Ark of the Covenant, God afflicted the Philistines with tumors in their "secret parts."

2 SAMUEL 12:1 For David’s murder of Uriah, God killed David’s child.

2 KINGS 5:27 Elisha cursed Gehazi and his descendants, forever, with leprosy.

2 KINGS 6:18-19 The enemy came toward Elisha, and he prayed to God, "Strike these people with blindness." God made them blind. Elisha then tricked them and led them to Samaria, where God opened their eyes again.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 7:07pm On May 06, 2012
buzugee: i beg to differ with pastor Chris

EXODUS 4 VS 11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Creating the dumb doesn't mean he created him dumb. He created every man. The outward look of every man depends on several things.

DEUTERONOMY 28 VS 61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

DEUTERONOMY 28 VS 59[b] Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.[/b]

That's judgment . It's different from creation. God may remove his restraining force by allowing certain evil by the reason of judgement on mans stubbornness or wickedness .
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by buzugee(m): 7:16pm On May 06, 2012
Joagbaje:

Creating the dumb doesn't mean he created him dumb. He created every man. The outward look of every man depends on several things.

That's judgment . It's different from creation. God may remove his restraining force by allowing certain evil by the reason of judgement on mans stubbornness or wickedness .
yes Jo but anyone who gets sickness only gets it in judgement. Thats why when christ heals he always makes sure to say ' NOW GO AND SIN NO MORE ' . because it is sin that brings the judgement of sickness. so you dont get sick if you dont sin, hence the lord made sicknesses for sinners.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 06, 2012
Joagbaje:

[size=20pt]Creating the dumb doesn't mean he created him dumb.[/size] He created every man. The outward look of every man depends on several things.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-Dq63k5dBfXg/T4dBJ4I4C2I/AAAAAAAAA78/7piUUHC1tII/s1600/tim-and-eric-black-guy-stare.gif[/img]
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 8:08pm On May 06, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Joagbaje, Please you need to disinfect yourself from what Chris ever taught you and start afresh. Buzugee had given you the best scriptures ever.

1 Like

Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:30am On May 07, 2012
buzugee: yes Jo but anyone who gets sickness only gets it in judgement. Thats why when christ heals he always makes sure to say ' NOW GO AND SIN NO MORE ' . because it is sin that brings the judgement of sickness. so you dont get sick if you dont sin, hence the lord made sicknesses for sinners.

God does not give people sickness. It's the devil that afflicts people. Sin do open a person up for satanic affliction.

Luke 13:16
And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 7:30am On May 07, 2012
[quote author=Joagbaje]

God does not give people sickness. It's the devil that afflicts people. Sin do open a person up for satanic affliction.

Luke 13:16
And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?

[/quot

very true when you break the hedge a serpent will bite.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by OmoPastor(m): 8:37am On May 07, 2012
please if your understanding of the scriptures is deformed and twisted must you talk.

am shell-shocked at people saying God put sickness on people to humble or do what to them? shocked shocked shocked

the devil has succeeded in entrenching this twisted doctrine in the hearts of these people but we are here to dismantle and destroy such insinuations.

God does not put sickness on anyone, period!
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 9:24am On May 07, 2012
So the verses that were posted from the Scripture, were false? Where God clearly unleashes leprosy on Miriam?

If na devil, then GOD and SATAN na pallies.. no wonder them been get meeting for the first chapter of Job...
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 9:28am On May 07, 2012
Funny that most Christians threaten God's wrath on NL Threads where pastors/bishops are mocked?
What then do they mean by God's wrath; a nudge, a poke or maybe broken hedge? LMAO...
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 9:30am On May 07, 2012
The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath. He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies! The LORD is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished. He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm. The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet. At his command the oceans and rivers dry up, the lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wilt. In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before his fierce anger? Who can survive his burning fury? His rage blazes forth like fire, and the mountains crumble to dust in his presence. The LORD is good. When trouble comes, he is a strong refuge. And he knows everyone who trusts in him. But he sweeps away his enemies in an overwhelming flood. He pursues his foes into the darkness of night. (Nahum 1:2-8 NLT)

"I have wiped out many nations, devastating their fortress walls and towers. Their cities are now deserted; their streets are in silent ruin. There are no survivors to even tell what happened. I thought, 'Surely they will have reverence for me now! Surely they will listen to my warnings, so I won't need to strike again.' But no; however much I punish them, they continue their evil practices from dawn till dusk and dusk till dawn." So now the LORD says: "Be patient; the time is coming soon when I will stand up and accuse these evil nations. For it is my decision to gather together the kingdoms of the earth and pour out my fiercest anger and fury on them. All the earth will be devoured by the fire of my jealousy. "On that day I will purify the lips of all people, so that everyone will be able to worship the LORD together. My scattered people who live beyond the rivers of Ethiopia will come to present their offerings. (Zephaniah 3:6-10 NLT)
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 9:32am On May 07, 2012
If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble? If a calamity occurs in a city has not the LORD done it? (Amos 3:6, NASB)

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, NIV)
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 10:55am On May 07, 2012
musKeeto: If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble? If a calamity occurs in a city has not the LORD done it? (Amos 3:6, NASB)

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, NIV)

If Boko Haran bombs a church is it God that has done it? Was it God that has attacked them?

1 Like

Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 11:11am On May 07, 2012
hey... cool down lady, don't aruge with SCRIPTURES? ask una oga, JoAgbaje..
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 12:39pm On May 07, 2012
musKeeto: hey... cool down lady, don't aruge with SCRIPTURES? ask una oga, JoAgbaje..

Am asking you cos you quoted those verses? Of God bringing disaster. ....

Are you operating on just the revelation Isaiah had about God?

What is the revelation of who God is in the new testament?

You are implying that God is both a wicked and Good God that can kill and destroy anybody at will weda you do wrong or right. And he takes pleasure in disaster. ...no a thousand times no.

1 Like

Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by JeSoul(f): 2:41pm On May 07, 2012

Buzugee, thanks for your scriptures on that other thread, I did see them.
There's something very direct and unapologetic about the way you use and post scripture verses - though I don't always agree with you but I still find it quite fascinating smiley.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 07, 2012
nuella2:

Am asking you cos you quoted those verses? Of God bringing disaster. ....

Are you operating on just the revelation Isaiah had about God?

What is the revelation of who God is in the new testament?

You are implying that God is both a wicked and Good God that can kill and destroy anybody at will weda you do wrong or right. And he takes pleasure in disaster. ...no a thousand times no.
If I had written those verses, you'd call it 'implication'. Are you saying the GOD OF THE OT is different from the GOD OF THE NT?
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 3:51pm On May 07, 2012
nuella2:

If Boko Haran bombs a church is it God that has done it? Was it God that has attacked them?

That's a nice question . If the devil has his way, he will kill everybody. But Gods spirit and the church is a restraining force on the earth. If evil takes place, it's either God covering or restrain is removed. Then the devil has his way. Other times people walk out of blessings in God . God is a good God.

1 John 1:5
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 4:14pm On May 07, 2012
Joagbaje:

That's a nice question . If the devil has his way, he will kill everybody. But Gods spirit and the church is a restraining force on the earth. If evil takes place, it's either God covering or restrain is removed. Then the devil has his way. Other times people walk out of blessings in God . God is a good God.

1 John 1:5
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all

Very true. There is no darkness with God.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 4:20pm On May 07, 2012
nuella2:

Very true. There is no darkness with God.

Sister Nuella,

Shey I fit ask kweshion ma?
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:21pm On May 07, 2012
In the old testament time , there was little knowledge of demons or devil. So every incidence is attributed to God either good or bad. And God spirit use people according to the level of their understanding to a great extent.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 4:23pm On May 07, 2012
^
Maybe you too can answer the same kweshion I wanted to ask sister Nuella. Can I ask you also?
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 4:27pm On May 07, 2012
Goshen360:

Sister Nuella,

Shey I fit ask kweshion ma?

Go ahead sir.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:27pm On May 07, 2012
Goshen360: ^
Maybe you too can answer the same kweshion I wanted to ask sister Nuella. Can I ask you also?

I don't talk with mockers , thanks
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by mrmayor(m): 4:30pm On May 07, 2012

@Pastor Jo,

My guy, its either God Causes Sickness or He Doesn't angry angry Is the God the OT different from God of NT

Make up your mind For Phock Sake
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Kay17: 4:36pm On May 07, 2012
There are two separate Gods in the old and new testament. One is almighty without rivals. The other is all good with a necessary twin the Devil.

For example, somewhere in Isaiah or Psalms God claims to have created Evil.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:36pm On May 07, 2012
mrmayor:

@Pastor Jo,

My guy, its either God Causes Sickness or He Doesn't angry angry Is the God the OT different from God of NT

Make up your mind For Phock Sake

Things are attributed to God . But that doesnt mean he did them. Did Charles Taylor cut the hands of those babies?
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 4:45pm On May 07, 2012
Joagbaje:
I don't talk with mockers , thanks

Look at you! And you think a whole me will mock you with/by my question. Well, let me leave you. You created a thread for everyone to learn and exchange knowledge. This is my issue with you - if someone doesn't agree with you and Chris' teachings, you seems to see that person as different forgetting that no one is an Island of Knowledge. Please, look into your life. The grace is sufficient for you brother.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Goshen360(m): 4:48pm On May 07, 2012
nuella2:

Go ahead sir.

Thank you jare my sister. At least we will all learn. I believe "IN" God there is no darkness as per the verse you quoted from Joagbaje's comment. Now my question is, in Genesis 1:2. The bible says, ....and darkness was upon the face of the deep". God had not created anything at this time. My question is, where did this darkness came from?
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:54pm On May 07, 2012
Goshen360:
. This is my issue with you - if someone doesn't agree with you and Chris' teachings, you seems to see that person as different .

Your dishonesty in the other thread gives a different picture of you. I value words and commitment .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? / Amazing 2012 Christmas Photos From Around The Globe. / Non-muslims Only: Jesus Or Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.