Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? (46340 Views)

Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" / Secrets Of A Muslim Woman / Pregnant Muslim Woman Attacked In Paris, Loses Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 16, 2013
Andro Blaze: Interesting.......

But I have a question, based on the Islamic view on creation. Is Hauwa deemed to have been created from Adamu ; and if it does agree with the Judaic version, what surname then would she have borne according to the majority Islamic opinion on here (that women belong to there fathers and not husbands) ?

my own question for you is which surname did Adam (AS) himself bear?

1 Like

Re: Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? by AndroBlaze: 6:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
hadbak: ^^ Hauwa is Hauwa. Plus u should understand that ha creation differs with ours n canot be compared. Besides there r no verses frm d scriptures that says she was called Hauwa Adamu/somtin. No doubt ha origin is from Adam bt that doesn't means he fathered ha, she was only a part of him from creatn. If there was a need for ha to hav a surname God cud hav made a provisn for it..

An explanation of how it differs would have been helpful since you already realise that you are talking to a non-muslim.
Re: Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? by AndroBlaze: 6:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
abubello:

my own question for you is which surname did Adam (AS) himself bear?

I don't know, I was not there.

But if you are asking me how he is identified in the Judaic/ Christian belief structure- I believe the Bible does not use modern surnames until around the New Testament (when Roman and Greek influence gets involved). So usually all the eminent people mentioned are usually identified as the "Son of.....". Only Adam gets the sole distinction of being exclusively identified as the "Son Of God" (his surname). Even Jesus during his lifetime is identified with more than one surname.

Anyway, going back to the root of my question, Eve is not identified as the "daughter of God" (though her creation is explicity detailed) but as the wife of Adam.
Re: Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? by AndroBlaze: 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
Andro Blaze:

An explanation of how it differs would have been helpful since you already realise that you are talking to a non-muslim.

Ah, just realised I read that bolded part wrongly, thought you were alluding that the Islamic view of her creation differs from the Judaic view.
Re: Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? by TrulySalafiyyah: 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
tbaba1234:
Many scholars are of the opinion that it is prohibited (haram) for a muslim woman to take the name of her husband after marriage and a husband can not force his wife to take his last name...

You claimed many scholars but you did not mention any except the Owner of IsalmQA? I'm yet to see any scholar that goes with this opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marriage According To The Quran And Sunnah. / Enugu Muslims Celebrating New Mosque (Photos) / Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.