Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Lagos State Tax Drive From Traders In Local Markets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Tax Drive From Traders In Local Markets (637 Views)

Oshiomhole Swears-in Local Govt. Chairman, Suspends Him Minutes After / Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men / Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Tax Drive From Traders In Local Markets by PROUDTOBENAIJA(m): 3:25pm On May 07, 2012
A few weeks ago I heard of the Lagos state govt employees on tax revenew drive from the traders in some of the local markets in Lagos.
The complain from most of the traders was that, their business is a small one (not the type you would even calssify SME). These were mostly the food sellers et al. Also that a flat fee of N2,500 was collected from them in that particular market.

It is not wrong for the traders to pay their tax but they had not been educated enough because some of them were heard to be complaining that "they don't work in offices so why should they pay tax". Some said, "na only vegetable i dey sell o o o, and them don collect N2,500, how much be my gain for one week?"

I feel the tax office should have started with public education on tax before going to those with little or no education of tax.

I may be wrong but I would like all NL to give their opinion on this tax drive and I hope the suggesstions here get to the Lagos state govt official for a more decent and successful tax drive in future.
Re: Lagos State Tax Drive From Traders In Local Markets by kunlekunle: 1:01am On Sep 21, 2012
they must protest or start a riot.

(1) (Reply)

6 Things Buhari Should Work On. / GEJ AND CBN GOV. SET TO INTRODUCE N5000,N2000 NOTES & N5,N10,N20 and N50 COINS! / GEJ Awards N927bn Contracts In 10 Months?nd Gets N247bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.