Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Leaving The House @ 18 Yrs Should Be Practised In Naija? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Leaving The House @ 18 Yrs Should Be Practised In Naija? (1156 Views)

Dayummmm Shymmexx Come And See How These People Are Living In Naija Ooooo / Areas In Naija And How Their Boys Behave / Filipino Nannies In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leaving The House @ 18 Yrs Should Be Practised In Naija? by adorebee(f): 5:03pm On May 07, 2012
In as much as I know this topic has its own advantages and disadvantages,I want us to view it from both sides.No matter how much we want to shy away from it,LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR COMFORT. ZONE.If we check out T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ profile of many succesful individuals in T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ world today,80 out of 100 made it in their own.This is cos they stared @ life right into T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ face.But here in Nigeria,parents pamper their children even to their own detriment.How would you be bothered about your future when your father Gives u "pocket money" that is more than some peoples' salary?.Abroad,youths look forward to attaining T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ age of 21 so as to gain independence from thier parents.Here in Nigeria,18 yrs doesn't come with much expectation,its just like every other age.if this culture is adopted,I believe we youths would start making more use of our brian more effectively.Productivity and Capitalism has declined because we majority now lack foresight.I know it would be kind of difficult in an environment like nigeria,but believe me,our environment is so because we have not adopted it.Parents can always come in to support,but they should allow T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ youths explore life(positively)Pls let's think about this.THANK YOU
Re: Leaving The House @ 18 Yrs Should Be Practised In Naija? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:01pm On May 07, 2012
what are you talking about I started working at the age of 13 years.
Re: Leaving The House @ 18 Yrs Should Be Practised In Naija? by adorebee(f): 8:25pm On May 07, 2012
[quote author=PAGAN 9JA]what are you talking about I started working at the age of 13 years. A̶̲̥̅♏ talking aboutover pampered grown ups especially guys who still live with their parents and depend on them.U said u started working @ the̶̲̥̅̊ age of 13?that's very gud.if u don't mind pls can u share with us your journey so far.thanks
Re: Leaving The House @ 18 Yrs Should Be Practised In Naija? by Abagworo(m): 10:09pm On May 07, 2012
adorebee: In as much as I know this topic has its own advantages and disadvantages,I want us to view it from both sides.No matter how much we want to shy away from it,LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR COMFORT. ZONE.If we check out T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ profile of many succesful individuals in T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ world today,80 out of 100 made it in their own.This is cos they stared @ life right into T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ face.But here in Nigeria,parents pamper their children even to their own detriment.How would you be bothered about your future when your father Gives u "pocket money" that is more than some peoples' salary?.Abroad,youths look forward to attaining T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ age of 21 so as to gain independence from thier parents.Here in Nigeria,18 yrs doesn't come with much expectation,its just like every other age.if this culture is adopted,I believe we youths would start making more use of our brian more effectively.Productivity and Capitalism has declined because we majority now lack foresight.I know it would be kind of difficult in an environment like nigeria,but believe me,our environment is so because we have not adopted it.Parents can always come in to support,but they should allow T̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ youths explore life(positively)Pls let's think about this.THANK YOU

Nigeria has a problem of child labor and abandonment. Majority of Nigerians start independent life below the age of 13. Maybe you grew up in a rich home and presume every home to be like yours.

1 Like

Re: Leaving The House @ 18 Yrs Should Be Practised In Naija? by adorebee(f): 12:00am On May 08, 2012
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ for your contribution.I grew in what I wld call A very comfortable home.Not soo rich bt neva lacked for anything.Nigeria suFfer child labour because of inequality of distribution of income.the̶̲̥̅̊ gap btw the̶̲̥̅̊ haves and the̶̲̥̅̊ have nots is so wide.the̶̲̥̅̊ child on the̶̲̥̅̊ street wld not be there if the̶̲̥̅̊ parents were comfortable.the̶̲̥̅̊ parents re not comfortable because those @ the̶̲̥̅̊ top re reserving some vacant post for their children.These makes them depend so much on their parents therby nt developing their own potentials.Which is what bring me to write this topic.I might nt get it so perfect(no 1 does) bt as an Economist,A̶̲̥̅♏ bothered.its a forum,let's educate each other
Re: Leaving The House @ 18 Yrs Should Be Practised In Naija? by adorebee(f): 12:01am On May 08, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
what are you talking about I started working at the age of 13 years.
Re: Leaving The House @ 18 Yrs Should Be Practised In Naija? by ifyalways(f): 9:30pm On May 17, 2012
hmmn.An averge 18yrs old in Naija is just about to write jamb/just got admitted in the Uni.That said,is the country/economy ready for your idea?Graduates work as call attendants,recieptionists etc,these are jobs that normally should be for the young undergrads. Are their vacation jobs and any hopee of clinching one for a young one with no connection/godfather?Does student loans exist?Have u heard of the ridiculous house rents plus the zero amenities that comes with it?

The terrain is very rough,my dear.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Another form of Slavery In America: Men Enslaved By Women / What Is This Delicious Fruit Called In Your Dialect? / Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: The Wisest, The Most Brilliant And The Most Industrious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.