Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,175 members, 7,953,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:35 PM

Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) (9933 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Breaking NEWS : Muritala Mohammed Internaltional Airport Ikeja Under Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by ojumore: 10:11pm On May 08, 2012
pls confirm if you are living close to the airport...
or if you have any source around there....
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by REMMEI(m): 10:39pm On May 08, 2012
[color=][/color]SOMEONE PLZ CONFIRM THIS O.
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by pingpong1: 10:42pm On May 08, 2012
Blast rips through Lagos airport: http:///TVMSSKDl
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by nwabobo: 10:44pm On May 08, 2012
A massive explosion ripped through the cargo wing of Lagos airport in Nigeria's commercial capital today and witnesses said they feared there would be casualties.
"The explosion tore through the building," a witness told Reuters. "The place is till on fire with smoke rising high. Ambulances have raced to the scene and a helicopter is flying overhead."
There was no immediate explanation for the blast at the complex, which is usually crowded with cargo agents and clients.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-148500/Blast-rips-Lagos-airport.html#ixzz1uJib9RiH
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by jumboo: 10:51pm On May 08, 2012
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 08, 2012
.Modified
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by papadenzel(m): 11:01pm On May 08, 2012
RT @CitizensPlatNG: "There was no bomb at MMIA, it was an unattended passenger bag. The noise heard was from the equipments used by AntiBomb squad ." -Aviation
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 08, 2012
papadenzel: RT @CitizensPlatNG: "There was no bomb at MMIA, it was an unattended passenger bag. The noise heard was from the equipments used by AntiBomb squad ." -Aviation

Deleted!
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by BlackPikiN(m): 11:05pm On May 08, 2012
How true is this?
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by nwabobo: 11:07pm On May 08, 2012
The bomb blast said to have happened at the Lagos International Airport was a controlled detonation by anti-bomb squad in an effort to deactivate a suspicious package which turned out to be a bag forgotten by a passenger. The bag has been opened and it contained only documents and personal effects.
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by BlackPikiN(m): 11:10pm On May 08, 2012
Minister of Aviation dispels Lagos blast reports

The minister of aviation has moved to dispel the rumours coming from Lagos about a possible explosion at the cargo section of the lagos airport. Tweeting via her handle @stellaoduah the twitter sent the following via two tweets.

“@stellaoduah: There was an unattended bag left in the E finger of MMIA by a passenger arriving on a flight from the UK. The bag contained personal effects.”

“@stellaoduah: The NCAA will be issuing a statement shortly on the noise heard at MMIA. Again, please note that there was no bomb.”

More details later.

http://omojuwa.com/2012/minister-of-aviation-dispels-lagos-blast-reports/
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 08, 2012
BlackPikiN: Minister of Aviation dispels Lagos blast reports
The minister of aviation has moved to dispel the rumours coming from Lagos about a possible explosion at the cargo section of the lagos airport. Tweeting via her handle @stellaoduah the twitter sent the following via two tweets.

“@stellaoduah: There was an unattended bag left in the E finger of MMIA by a passenger arriving on a flight from the UK. The bag contained personal effects.”

“@stellaoduah: The NCAA will be issuing a statement shortly on the noise heard at MMIA. Again, please note that there was no bomb.”

More details later.

http://omojuwa.com/2012/minister-of-aviation-dispels-lagos-blast-reports/

I hope it's not a bomb!!

It's just a matter of time before bombs start going off in the South - if they can't tame the al queda/CIA boko haram bombing everywhere in the north.
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by NegroNtns(m): 11:37pm On May 08, 2012
Seriously, there should be no jump to conclude this is BokoHaram. There are worse enemies within with secret plots to cause problems in face of the free-for-all security breaches.

If this is Boko, OPC must followup, if Ibos or SS people are behind this act then OPC must also act.
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On May 08, 2012
nwabobo: The bomb blast said to have happened at the Lagos International Airport was a controlled detonation by anti-bomb squad in an effort to deactivate a suspicious package which turned out to be a bag forgotten by a passenger. The bag has been opened and it contained only documents and personal effects.

Controlled detonation of a bag that contained no bomb? huh? How in the world do you get documents to EXPLODE and make such a loud noise that people passing by think a bomb went off? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Nobody: 12:45am On May 09, 2012
Psew, thank God it was not a bomb, I was already crying for Nigeria!
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Nobody: 1:38am On May 09, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Seriously, there should be no jump to conclude this is BokoHaram. There are worse enemies within with secret plots to cause problems in face of the free-for-all security breaches.

If this is Boko, OPC must followup, if Ibos or SS people are behind this act then OPC must also act.

Guy when will u realise that u have hair on ur balls and stop talking like a kid?
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Mynd44: 1:46am On May 09, 2012
What the heck happened? I went to bed, I wake up and everywhere is filled with this fake news. We nges to stop spreading rumours jorh
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by tpia5: 1:49am On May 09, 2012
the news seems to be fake.

there's been quite a lot of fake news circulating lately.

eg the N7.4 billion mountain levelling in delta, helen akpabio news, now this.

the report is exactly identical to the reuters report from two years ago as noted by someone earlier.

obviously something is going on, and I suspect these are all test runs building up to something else.
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by godfadda6(m): 1:49am On May 09, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Though I'm not an authority to make this "pronouncement" but I work at MMIA and I can authoritatively tell you that there was no bomb in, around or near the airport today.

There was a large bang that was heard at about 21:08hrs, we were all worried, and we went out, only to discover that there was a bag that was left unattended to at the E wing arrival of the airport.

The Police bomb squad team took the bag and took it to a controlled location around the diplomatic car park and "blasted" (dats the word they used) the bag. The reason why they did that is not known to "novices" like me.

But I can authoritatively tell you there was no bomb, our flights left on time, and we are all safe, business as usual.

So everyone worried, and sending messages, BBM and all, please go and relax!

Everything is under control here!

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Mynd44: 2:05am On May 09, 2012
godfadda6: Ladies and Gentlemen,

Though I'm not an authority to make this "pronouncement" but I work at MMIA and I can authoritatively tell you that there was no bomb in, around or near the airport today.

There was a large bang that was heard at about 21:08hrs, we were all worried, and we went out, only to discover that there was a bag that was left unattended to at the E wing arrival of the airport.

The Police bomb squad team took the bag and took it to a controlled location around the diplomatic car park and "blasted" (dats the word they used) the bag. The reason why they did that is not known to "novices" like me.

But I can authoritatively tell you there was no bomb, our flights left on time, and we are all safe, business as usual.

So everyone worried, and sending messages, BBM and all, please go and relax!

Everything is under control here!
The above is why Nairaland is one of the most reliable source of information in Nigeria today. The fact that there is a correspondent everywhere
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by tpia5: 2:12am On May 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
The above is why Nairaland is one of the most reliable source of information in Nigeria today.

eh, dont push it. undecided

so because the guy claimed he works at the airport and basically repeated an "explanation" which is already all over the web, that means its set in stone?

Mynd_44:
The fact that anyone can claim to be anywhere

fixed.
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Mynd44: 2:38am On May 09, 2012
tpia@:

so because the guy claimed he works at the airport and basically repeated an "explanation" which is already all over the web, that means its set in stone?

Okay correction noted but most times we ask for prove either in pictures or links. I used this as an example since the minister had cleared the air on this issue. But your correction has been noted
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by tpia5: 2:40am On May 09, 2012
Mynd_44:
Okay correction noted but most times we ask for prove either in pictures or links. I used this as an example since the minister had cleared the air on this issue. But your correction has been noted

no biggie.

just saying, that's all.
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Mynd44: 2:47am On May 09, 2012
tpia@:

no biggie.

just saying, that's all.
Aight
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Pennywise(m): 3:03am On May 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Controlled detonation of a bag that contained no bomb? huh? How in the world do you get documents to EXPLODE and make such a loud noise that people passing by think a bomb went off? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
[quote author=Kobojunkie]

By putting a bomb fooool. That is why it is called controlled detonation. This girl is so dull. What are you reading?
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by godfadda6(m): 3:17am On May 09, 2012
tpia@:

fixed.

tpia@:

fixed.

@tpia, well I'm corroborating what the minister said, and I do work at the airport and was amongst those that even called the attention of the police bomb squad to the bag, at least I told you the location of where the "controlled" detonation was carried out! Well "freedom of speech" and expression!
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Onwe101(m): 3:54am On May 09, 2012
Damn it...anylitle knock sound it bcoms headline news for....see wetin bokoharam de cause[color=#006600][/color] shocked
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by WhoIGoAsk: 5:31am On May 09, 2012
rumours
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Jakumo(m): 5:51am On May 09, 2012
The terror bomb gang is probably paying very close attention to the pandemonium created by the mere rumor of a bomb in Lagos, taking notes as they watch.
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Nobody: 6:34am On May 09, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Seriously, there should be no jump to conclude this is BokoHaram. There are worse enemies within with secret plots to cause problems in face of the free-for-all security breaches.

U don weed this early morning?
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by Nobody: 6:37am On May 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Nice Question I was about to ask same maybe they are trying to cover it up. Cowards
Re: Bomb Blast In Lagos Airport, Ikeja (False) by BlackPikiN(m): 8:29am On May 09, 2012

Sometimes you speak like a f00l.

When atlas cove was blown by ND militants wetin u abi ur OPC do?
Na to dey talk like mumu una go dey do here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Has To Be The Most dumbest Nation On Earth / EFCC To Arraign Dikko Umar, Ex-Airforce Chief / Atiku Sends His Easter Message To Christians (full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.