Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,298 members, 7,954,192 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? (11497 Views)

Poll: Niaraland or facebook,which is the best

FACEBOOK: 0% (0 votes)
NAIRALAND: 100% (1 vote)
NONE OF THE ABOVE: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: facebook/nairaland,which is d best

NAIRALAND: 53% (24 votes)
FACEBOOK: 40% (18 votes)
NONE OF THE ABOVE: 6% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Aside Nairaland And Facebook, Which Other Site Do You Visit Per Day? / Nairaland Vs Facebook: Which Do You Spend More Time On? / Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Do U Prefer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by yommyismine(f): 12:18pm On May 09, 2012
Am in a cafe yesterday,when a man is having a conversation with someone that Nairaland is the best website, but the opponent disagree, they take is very serious that. To me nairaland is very educative,so i need your suggestion.[b][/b]
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by hunter121: 9:34am On May 11, 2012
Great thread,Thank you to all those who posted...., keep them coming : )

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by moremi2008(m): 9:51am On May 11, 2012
LOL! This thread makes no sense at all and only forces a false comparison. Nairaland serves a completely different purpose than Facebook. Comparing the two is like comparing apples with oranges.

31 Likes

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 9:51am On May 11, 2012
Oh Lord please save ur people from brindness, endow them with more brains, how can u be comparing FB with NL?

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by dmainboss: 9:52am On May 11, 2012
Why are you guys comparing oranges and apples? The thread should read:

Nairaland or Facebook: Which one is more useful to you? Not Which one is better.

14 Likes

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by burkutu: 9:53am On May 11, 2012
Dis na joke abi?its just lyk sayin wch is better btw nta n cnn? Fb is lyk cnn.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by saydfact(m): 9:59am On May 11, 2012
kudos to SEUN for this place called "Nairaland"...... i wld wish it were mine......
@poster.

United States Vs Nigeria (where wld u rather invest?)
Super-Eagles Vs Spain National Team (which wld you bet-on to win the next world cup)

Nairaland has 892784 member world-wide VS Facebook has over 10million members in 9JA Alone.

but i wish THIS "NAIRALAND" WAS MINE........NICE WORK SEUN, You'll Get There.....amen

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Maleeq(m): 10:00am On May 11, 2012
dmainboss: Why are you guys comparing oranges and apples? The thread should read:

Nairaland or Facebook: Which one is more useful to you? Not Which one is better.
Well said!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Jokkiegirl(f): 10:02am On May 11, 2012
dmainboss: Why are you guys comparing oranges and apples? The thread should read:

EXACTLY!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by dani1luv: 10:05am On May 11, 2012
[size=13pt]Mukina2 do something about the POLL[/size]
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by PHIPEX(m): 10:07am On May 11, 2012
You can't compare the two cos they serve different purposes. I only know about 3 persons who are Nairalanders in person while I know 95% of my friends on facebook in person. In term of education, I am more educated on NL than FB.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by eleven(m): 10:10am On May 11, 2012
Nairaland in my opinion is way better than facebook.

Though facebook is a global social media while Nairaland is national knowledge centre forum.

I think Seun should promote Nairaland more to reach more Nigerians.

Most people stumble on Nairaland forum by accident unlike facebook that promotes their site globally. Truth is that once you get to Nairaland you never want to leave. Too many interesting true life real discussions.

Nairaland promotes Nigerian diversity and show case who we are to the world.

I have benefited more knowledge wise from Nairaland than from Facebook and have referred it to so many people who are now hooked and grateful.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by lukecent: 10:10am On May 11, 2012
I give it to nairaland. It's more educatetive, ve gained much here.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Ekans: 10:11am On May 11, 2012
Facebook has a more international outlook,but nairaland is more educative(thats if you are a nigerian). But nairaland has more illitrate or halfbaked guests.No insults please.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by mxxpunkxx: 10:18am On May 11, 2012
say-d-fact:
kudos to SEUN for this place called "Nairaland"...... i wld wish it were mine......
@poster.

United States Vs Nigeria (where wld u rather invest?)
Super-Eagles Vs Spain National Team (which wld you bet-on to win the next world cup)

[size=10pt]Nairaland has 892784 member
world-wide VS Facebook has over 10million members in 9JA Alone.

but i wish THIS "NAIRALAND" WAS MINE........NICE WORK SEUN, You'll Get There.....amen
[/size]

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed

False members !! WP-plugin induced
Only 3% of this amount are always logged in at anytime
Which can't be possible if they were real menmbers (cos we'd expect at least 30% to be logged in at any given time
and probably 60% or more at weekends)

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by olajide8(m): 10:21am On May 11, 2012
dani1luv: [size=13pt]Mukina2 do something about the POLL[/size]
The normal nigerian mentality do you want him to declare fake results his not maurice iwu
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Habibakasim(f): 10:24am On May 11, 2012
2 me nairaland is more educativ n informativ
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by dmainboss: 10:25am On May 11, 2012
Nairaland is a forum. Facebook is a social network. Nairaland is just like a facebook landing page. The western world went past forums like over 12 years ago. Forum are only used now as discussion groups for specific demography. That is why Nairaland is successful; because it satisfies the needs of a specific demography. Nairaland is based on the simple machines forum script. I know Seun is trying to work on that since it is open source but please dont compare that to facebook. Facebook is a monster. If a tenth of the Nigerian facebook users decend on NL in one day, Seun's servers will be fried. lol. Please dont go there o. We love NL as it is. Thank you Seun!

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by temmytanny(m): 10:28am On May 11, 2012
I will pick facebook ahead of nairaland cos its connects me with lost friends and not as abusive as nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by kombats: 10:29am On May 11, 2012
see question ooo. Fb beat Nl hands down na about G.U.I u wan talk abt abeg 4get. Next topic
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by JAYWORLD(m): 10:29am On May 11, 2012
Nairaland is the best to Nigerian because most of the topics base on Nigeria issue...
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by pendusky(m): 10:30am On May 11, 2012
In Nigeria Nairaland maybe popular, buh when u compare it with facebook, its like comparing ur village and Banana Island! grin
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by AkpuNku2: 10:31am On May 11, 2012
Motorcycle and a car, which one is the best ?
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by kunletech: 10:31am On May 11, 2012
To me, they are incompaireable because they both serve diff purpose.
Facebook is a networking site where to look for ur lost contact frnd localy and globaly with the aid of picture and charting.

Nairaland is a site mainly for nigeria where to get information and education localy and globaly with good understanding of each other.

So to me, intime of education matter, fun and infor, i mark nairaland.
Intime of communicating with frnds through charting and looking for way to contact lost frnds, is facebook.

So, the two sites purpose are long diff, but both serve good purpose

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 10:31am On May 11, 2012
What do people really do on facebook ?
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by KINGwax(m): 10:32am On May 11, 2012
odiaero: Oh Lord please save ur people from brindness, endow them with more brains, how can u be comparing FB with NL?
your comment, the question still walks free unattended to,'which is better?'
give me a nairaland chat, so dt i can relate wit friends for real, and i'll compare but for now, facebook all d way!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by richy5(m): 10:36am On May 11, 2012
Gosh!! See Dorkpeeps comparing a social network with just a Local Forum....Why Don't you think before concluding On any thread or were you force to comment on a thread.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Kizilala: 10:37am On May 11, 2012
Facebook of course.How can u compare an Igbo bashing site like nairaland with Facebook?
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 10:38am On May 11, 2012
LOL How TF will u compare this shit with facebook? C'mon!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by pendusky(m): 10:38am On May 11, 2012
temmytanny: I will pick facebook ahead of nairaland cos its connects me with lost friends and not as abusive as nairaland.

Wel said! If u get a problem and post it here, 80percent of comments wil be abuse directed to u! Sm moderator here s**ks like 'sexkillz'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Puppies In Western Cape After Having Sex With Their Family / Proof That Mermaids ["mami Water"] Do Exist ?? / A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.