Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? (11329 Views)

Poll: Niaraland or facebook,which is the best

FACEBOOK: 0% (0 votes)
NAIRALAND: 100% (1 vote)
NONE OF THE ABOVE: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: facebook/nairaland,which is d best

NAIRALAND: 53% (24 votes)
FACEBOOK: 40% (18 votes)
NONE OF THE ABOVE: 6% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Aside Nairaland And Facebook, Which Other Site Do You Visit Per Day? / Nairaland Vs Facebook: Which Do You Spend More Time On? / Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Do U Prefer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by doublecross(m): 12:14pm On May 11, 2012
Nairaland is far educative than facebook. Facebook is for gossipers. in terms of design, facebook is better but i love the colour of nairaland though. suits site perfectly and not too colourful. Nairaland will have to improve on message notifications, chat platform or application and a well structured profile like that of facebook and naija pals. if all this can be met, then nairaland would be the best site ever.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 11, 2012
U can make money from nairaland and get informed. Facebook just gets u entertained or better still bored!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by kingsrod: 12:18pm On May 11, 2012
I wan ask 1 question on dis topic..does d nigerian police force have an account or like butten on here..or TV stations,radio or newspapers..Nairaland self get account for Facebook why FB no get here..informative and educative right...dat same fb na him u go see d story go read am for their site den post am here....Jona vs Obama SMH
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by 9jafreak: 12:23pm On May 11, 2012
Everyday, I suse these sites:

Yahoo Mail
Facebook
Nairaland
Wikipedia
Notjustok
Lindaikeji (sometimes)

In order of utility and benefits:

1. Wikipedia

2. Nairaland
Respect Mr. Seun and Ms. Muki
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by sebastinta(m): 12:25pm On May 11, 2012
Chanchit:
MANNers.....! They didnt ask us to insult nairaland, afterall u said u r an I.T personnel, where is ur own social network?

stop hating d truth is bitter...Nairaland is a very good site but u cant compare it with facebook... we all have learnt more than we think on facebook..
we r all saying nairaland is educative...its more of a fighting ground for different nigerian tribes cos thats all i see here.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 11, 2012
Facebook is. Just a pioneer in social media through out the world but in dis part of d world Nairaland rocks!!!

Sincerely I have had a good job via nairaland, met some good people via nairaland and even made 100k via nairaland tell me any of y'all facebook users who has achieved any of dis benefits as I have.....

My only concern is dat a more global name should be used or something more African dan Nigerian just to expand the Brand beyond the Shores of Nigeria.

Nairaland For life..Kudos Seun

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Booty4me: 12:28pm On May 11, 2012
Nairaland=NIGERIANs
Facebook=GLOBAL
It like comparing benin republic with china
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by IbroSaunks(m): 12:30pm On May 11, 2012
dmainboss: Nairaland is a forum. Facebook is a social network. Nairaland is just like a facebook landing page. The western world went past forums like over 12 years ago. Forum are only used now as discussion groups for specific demography. That is why Nairaland is successful; because it satisfies the needs of a specific demography. Nairaland is based on the simple machines forum script. I know Seun is trying to work on that since it is open source but please dont compare that to facebook. Facebook is a monster. If a tenth of the Nigerian facebook users decend on NL in one day, Seun's servers will be fried. lol. Please dont go there o. We love NL as it is. Thank you Seun!

wasn't it the old nairaland that was based on the script?? I don't think the new one is...
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by kingsrod: 12:37pm On May 11, 2012
Use of English...Forum and social network...
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by achi4u(m): 12:40pm On May 11, 2012
i stumbled on NL i got my FB user name.
NL is another school with so many intelligent student and teachers.
NL makes me to buy original phone.
too educative and entertaining.
FB is like Chinese film...too many characters.
anybody i recommend this site will inturn buy me a bottle of HARPgrin
NL carry go!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by purplekayc(m): 12:40pm On May 11, 2012
i appreciate what nairaland's creators has achieved in respective of the infractural situations in the country and thats all i will say
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by buchibabe: 12:43pm On May 11, 2012
Hehehehehehehehehe. What a comparison. Facebk has no rival. Nairaland is d only place where any thread posted is met with so much anger and abusive words .sometimes I wonder if dis blog should nt be renamed "insultland". Quite alright its supposed to be very informative and educating but its so amazing how whoever posted dis topic could be comparing.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by member479760: 12:43pm On May 11, 2012
thanks to NL one can say the truth without hmmmmmm.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by femo86(m): 12:51pm On May 11, 2012
ayobase:

before I........u!
Which is cobra and earthworm?

Facebook COBRA,
NL EARTHWORM

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by slimchimex(m): 12:52pm On May 11, 2012
ayobase: Pls, which of dem is coca-cola?
NL na viju milk,so u knw whc one b coca cola

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 11, 2012
Both for different reasons but nairaland is much more addictive.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by UfuomaUN(m): 1:13pm On May 11, 2012
nairaland is more useful to me...as for which better,i tell u of a truth ,its an unfair comparison
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by dreu2fine(m): 1:18pm On May 11, 2012
na iarand no reach half of facebook ,no dea compare am atall
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Chanchit: 1:36pm On May 11, 2012
sebastinta:

stop hating d truth is bitter...Nairaland is a very good site but u cant compare it with facebook... we all have learnt more than we think on facebook..
we r all saying nairaland is educative...its more of a fighting ground for different nigerian tribes cos thats all i see here.
To start with, dnt'nt generelize d effect of f/b to everybody, say u gained more from f/b, cos i don't knw how much i've gained from f/b, but i've gained a lot from NL....
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by tellmemore(m): 1:48pm On May 11, 2012
This is a big comparison because they both serve different purposes. Audience: Facebook has a more global audience than Nairaland, Financially: Facebook has succeeded in placing itself as a powerhouse of revenue in an area even youtube struggled with and I don't think Nairaland has done. The good thing with nairaland is that it has sold local patronage which is a good advantage, what's left is how the administrator can convert that to a solid money earner. The bad thing is that nairaland is slowly becoming a hive for tribal snarling.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Osota(m): 2:06pm On May 11, 2012
Even though Facebook reaches more of the public than nairaland, Nairaland is more educative and it is more of our own issues and opinions than Facebook where most of it users just complain about their days and post fake pictures.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by slam7000(m): 2:23pm On May 11, 2012
quote from Dmainboss,
Why are you guys comparing oranges and apples? The thread should read:

Nairaland or Facebook: Which one is more useful to you? Not Which one is better.
(Report Post)

Exactly,I connected with most of my long forgotten friends through facebook which i could not do with nairaland.lots of nostalgic feelings when you view old pictures posted by friends on facebook or the happy family pictures of friends you last seen when you were like 17years but lots of educative stuff from nairaland,great posts,clever analysis and comments from the likes of beaf,gbawe,jakumo,ejine,jason,eko ile,shymmex,pdude not forgetting the ethnic bashings,bitterness and morbid psychotic hatred from Nairalanders.
The CNN and NTA analogy is not fair...both serve different objectives like someone pointed out...i followed the likes of FHEEMMY and SPYDER80 on the auto and building sections respectively,it was great following the posts of IHEBROOKE on the archicard posts.they were amazing stuffs which you,d never find in facebook.
Both websites rocks as long as you didnt allow yourself to become addicted.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by dabrake(m): 2:32pm On May 11, 2012
they are 2 different platforms. one is a social network while the other is a forum(beer parlour grin grin grin grin grin)

left for me, I will take nl over fb. it's only on fb where a girl will post "RIP dad, will miss you" or "I will undergo an abdominal operation." and 19 guys will like it
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by adefash(m): 2:32pm On May 11, 2012
ppl have been saying nairaland is more educative while facebook is more popular.thats where u see the power of advertisement and good packaging.
suces is not all about expertise.if u are good at something,a wise person can employ u,market u,package u and make money out of u.
so seun try & change this from 9ja tin,and strt thinking of how to promote it.
in my candid contribution,i getfacts on nairaland,while i keep my friends on fbk.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by slam7000(m): 2:36pm On May 11, 2012
I forgot to mention that you,ll never find the witty comments,swearings and abusive remarks of OKIJA JUJU and CALLOTTI on facebooks...such exists only on Nairaland.Finally you can get into trouble with your missus or lose your job if you misfire in facebook but never in Nairaland.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Harpesin(m): 2:46pm On May 11, 2012
To me nairaland is d best so far cos there are lot of fun to catch here, lot of things to learn, very educative, problems solver, full of infomation as in first class etc....while face book is just to connect friends......Up Nairaland...Kudos to Seun Jor....
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:13pm On May 11, 2012
Nairaland and Facebook serves two different markets.
So I think there should be no comparism.
However I will suggest some modification to Nairaland to make it better and easier to navigate.
Kudos to the brain behind this project.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 11, 2012
adefash: ppl have been saying nairaland is more educative while facebook is more popular.thats where u see the power of advertisement and good packaging.
suces is not all about expertise.if u are good at something,a wise person can employ u,market u,package u and make money out of u.
so seun try & change this from 9ja tin,and strt thinking of how to promote it.
in my candid contribution,i getfacts on nairaland,while i keep my friends on fbk.
i guess this should sort of challenge Seun to start searching for more ways to exploit this site for commercial gains or is he content?(quite a personal observation) But in my opinion, i like the way I found nairaland,its was cos I was searching for automobiles market in Nigeria and I stumbled on nairaland, I had seen it years earlier but then my orientation was different.I registered;today I can say Seun should work on local advertising, those who are talking about global content should ask why white business men who come to Nigeria never leave, its because there is a market that needs attention here and if you can get your act together you will keep smiling to the bank. (afterall some guy made 3.5 billion in this same country by doing vehicle tracking in just two years, so Nigeria has potential because of our population, Nairaland has nigerian content, people should explore it,there are so many possibilities.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? by Flygeriana(m): 3:17pm On May 11, 2012
dmainboss: Why are you guys comparing oranges and apples? The thread should read:

Nairaland or Facebook: Which one is more useful to you? Not Which one is better.
U have spoken well my broda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Elon Musk's Organization To Role Out Robot Wife Late 2023 / Is Your Nairaland Character A True Reflection Of Your Real-life Character? / Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.