Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

What Would You Recommend Govt Do For Less Priviledged And Physically Challenged? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would You Recommend Govt Do For Less Priviledged And Physically Challenged? (807 Views)

Physically Challenged Persons Fight Over N15m NDDC Largesse / Message For APC Members Online And Physically About Buhari / Oritsejafor Donates Cars, Tricycles To The Less Priviledged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Recommend Govt Do For Less Priviledged And Physically Challenged? by fatty27: 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2007
A bill had been idling at NASS for years with no action. Some call it social security bill others call it disability bill.

Fellow nairalanders, what recommendation would you make for this Bill? What are the input you would like to make in it.

We are presently looking at various public opinions before we complete work on representing the Bill to NASS.

Pls feel free to make your opinion known.
Re: What Would You Recommend Govt Do For Less Priviledged And Physically Challenged? by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2007
We are still too young for a social security program. What the less priviledged need is not a scheme to promise them what we can not give them at this time. I am sure they would do better knowing there is electricity, good roads and even good water supply right now.
Re: What Would You Recommend Govt Do For Less Priviledged And Physically Challenged? by olanajim(m): 10:49am On Nov 15, 2007
Must we then allow a generations of Nigerian perish due to neglect just because we cannot afford to look into their welfare now?

Did you know how much was spent on the fail Commonwealth hosting bid? If that amount of money had been budgetted for social welfare, shall we ever regret doing that? When you look at the money being expended on security votes and other wastages, then you would have a rethink about Nigeria not ripe enough for Social Security.
Re: What Would You Recommend Govt Do For Less Priviledged And Physically Challenged? by Kobojunkie: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2007
olanajim:

Must we then allow a generations of Nigerian perish due to neglect just because we cannot afford to look into their welfare now?

Did you know how much was spent on the fail Commonwealth hosting bid? If that amount of money had been budgetted for social welfare, shall we ever regret doing that? When you look at the money being expended on security votes and other wastages, then you would have a rethink about Nigeria not ripe enough for Social Security.

You speak as if you are new to Nigeria. What makes you think that the social security program will not end up like the many other projects we have undertaken in the past?? Do you really believe that these so called generations of Nigerians who you claim perish have been waiting on the government for social security program?? Have we not had so many of them over past generations?? Are you saying that this idea was not considered before the commonwealth bidding or before the many looters we had in the country decided to tap into the many leakages you mentioned for their own cut of the national cake??

Opening another avenue for the looters to take advantage of is not the answer to Nigeria's problem as of now. Patch up the holes that already exist or this will turn into another hole for thieves to siphon money into their personals while those nigerians which you so deeply care for will continue to live waiting for a government that may never show up, once again, to their rescue.
Re: What Would You Recommend Govt Do For Less Priviledged And Physically Challenged? by angel101(f): 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2007
Generally give them a better quality of life ie regular power supply, portable water, security, and education (special schools)
Re: What Would You Recommend Govt Do For Less Priviledged And Physically Challenged? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 16, 2007
First and foremost, I'd recommend that there should be Free Education (Scholarship) for everyone of them from elementary level to higher institution. At least this would be of great assistances to their parents. Since Education is a Right and not a Priviledge.

more?. . . I'd be right back??
Re: What Would You Recommend Govt Do For Less Priviledged And Physically Challenged? by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Nov 16, 2007
I believe we already have FREE EDUCATION available for all persons.
Re: What Would You Recommend Govt Do For Less Priviledged And Physically Challenged? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2007
how free is that "free education" in Nigeria?, maybe you should explain yourself. . . I wish you know what some of these people go through, I discovered that the Negligence of the Government to their plight isn't applicable to Nigeria alone, I've discussed with some friends from other Countries and I discovered that same applies. . . . I think this people need more assistance from the government, It time Nigeria Government really rise up to their cry. It's basically unfair. . . I don't know if Kobojunkie do understand me.

Life isn't that bearable for NON-physically challenged, how much more those that are challenged, I mean the disabled ones. it can be terrible atimes. I believe you'd understand it better if you live with them or stay close. Government must ARISE. sad
Re: What Would You Recommend Govt Do For Less Priviledged And Physically Challenged? by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2007
My Arguement is not that there is enough for them in free education. My main purpose of stating that there is already free education is to draw the attention to the fact that the problem does not only exist for those who are disabled. Nigeria has a public school system which is supposedly free but it is full of nonsense. We have so many issues right now that to me makes life unbearable, not just for the disabled but for the people as a whole that we need to take care of FIRST, before we start to consider extra things that need to be put in place for disabled people who are not able to fend for self.

I say again, if we can at least solve the problem of electricity and water supply, I am sure it will go along way in alleviating their problem in the meantime.

(1) (Reply)

World Credit Crunch. Whose Is To Blame? / Mend And Other Terroristic Organisations: Where They Get Their Weapons. / States Allocation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.