Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Nigerian Passport For Oyibo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passport For Oyibo (2665 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Obodo Oyibo Aka Abroad / Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk / Nigerian Passport: Current Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by aeoisolmo: 1:01pm On May 12, 2012
Hello guys.
I am married to my nigerian wife for 20 years, we lived in Nigeria off and on, and plan to move to Lagos permanently.
For good reasons I need a nigerian Passport. From what I have heard, the process is very difficult, and can take up to
15 years. I can't wait that long, does anybody have high rang friends in immigration, that can be of assistance with my
problem?
I know, there are some other threads on this topic, and some people are propably going to aks, why I would even want a nigerian
Passport, or others might think I don't have the right to it, because it's difficult for Nigerians to get foreign Passports.
I can only say, there where no problems for my wife getting stay permit and passport in my country, once we where married.
We all know, there is some corruption going on in Nigeria, which also I suffered from sometimes, so why not take advantage
of that when possible?
I would be very happy, if anybody had some information for me.
Thanks
Peter
Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by achi4u(m): 1:07pm On May 12, 2012
is lagos not in nigeria again?you live in nigeria off and on so why the heck about passport...remeber u said u marry to your nigerian wife.are u not a nigerian
please clear us ooh!
Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by aeoisolmo: 1:14pm On May 12, 2012
Hi Achi
No, I am not a Nigerian, I know that Lagos is in Nigeria, and I said, that I have good reasons for wanting to get a nigerian Passport.
Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by justwise(m): 2:10pm On May 12, 2012
aeoisolmo: Hi Achi
No, I am not a Nigerian, I know that Lagos is in Nigeria, and I said, that I have good reasons for wanting to get a nigerian Passport.

We will not encourage you to break Nigeria immigration law just as we criticize Nigerians who go abroad to break immigration laws, go through the normal channel, its only fair that you face the same prob Nigerians face when trying to get a passport from foreign Govt.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by aeoisolmo: 3:56pm On May 12, 2012
I don't think, if a Passport is issued by an official, any law is broken.
And what sense does it make, that foreign women, who marry Nigerians immediately get citizenship by registration,
but foreign men have to go through all kinds of hassle? Just because lawmakers don't want 'their' women to marry
foreigners, but they themselves like to marry oyibo women.
Is that supposed to be the punishment for the 'trouble' Nigerians have to go through when trying to get foreign passports?
In almost every country, if you are married to one of their citizens, you will get the passport after 3 years, and residence and work permit
immediately.
I don't see, what sense it makes, that we are married for 20 years, have 3 kids, but I can't get a Nigerian Passport.
Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by justwise(m): 4:05pm On May 12, 2012
aeoisolmo: I don't think, if a Passport is issued by an official, any law is broken.
And what sense does it make, that foreign women, who marry Nigerians immediately get citizenship by registration,
but foreign men have to go through all kinds of hassle? Just because lawmakers don't want 'their' women to marry
foreigners, but they themselves like to marry oyibo women.
Is that supposed to be the punishment for the 'trouble' Nigerians have to go through when trying to get foreign passports?
In almost every country, if you are married to one of their citizens, you will get the passport after 3 years, and residence and work permit
immediately.
I don't see, what sense it makes, that we are married for 20 years, have 3 kids, but I can't get a Nigerian Passport.

I feel your pain but the law is the law, Nigerians have to obey the law of any foreign country they found themselves in, many Nigerians go through hell to get legal papers in foreign countries. Yes its not fair but there is a reason for every law.
Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by lifestyle1(m): 9:51am On May 13, 2012
But why did you hide my post when I am trying to help ? undecided this is outright wickedness...
Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by justwise(m): 10:35am On May 13, 2012
life_style: But why did you hide my post when I am trying to help ? undecided this is outright wickedness...

You are free to call it whatever you want, there should be no short cut, Nigerian immigration rules should be respected just as Nigerians abroad are expected to do. Keep your 'contact' to yourself.
Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by lifestyle1(m): 11:31am On May 13, 2012
justwise:

You are free to call it whatever you want, there should be no short cut, Nigerian immigration rules should be respected just as Nigerians abroad are expected to do. Keep your 'contact' to yourself.

As if there is no short cut overseas, As if the systems overseas are 100% free from corruption, As if you are a saint... Mr man go and do something productive with your time and stop bugging...

I will try my best to assist the man and there is nothing you can do about that tongue
Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by justwise(m): 12:44pm On May 13, 2012
life_style:

As if there is no short cut overseas, As if the systems overseas are 100% free from corruption, As if you are a saint... Mr man go and do something productive with your time and stop bugging...

I will try my best to assist the man and there is nothing you can do about that tongue

Cry on, i will keep tap on your post concerning this.
Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by 19naia(m): 5:00am On May 17, 2012
I am the son of a nigerian man who married an "OYINBO" woman and we lived in nigeria for almost a decade through the 1980's...My oyinbo mom hated it and left after 4 years and i left after 8 years and my father fell into poverty when his nigerian government universty job failed to pay him much less keep up with inflation....any way we kept touch with other nigerian/oyinbo mixed families and i knew of 2 senior oyinbos who lived decades in nigeria with thier husbands and even died there(i went to 2 funerals for oyinbos in nigeria who lived decades there with naija husbands)....i cannot say you can get a passport..but if you need to stay there permanently,there is no reason you cannot -under the immigration provisions....my father was not fortunate to stay finacially well in nigeria ,so he has been in USA for the past 20 years now and is doing very well now and has his american passport...YES NIGERIAN MAN MARRIED OYINBO AND NOW HAS AMERICAN PASSPORT AND HIS NAME IS " MY DADDY " and it took him about 15 years to earn it.....maybe you will just have to wait and what ever reasons you have for not being able to suffice for 15 years with just a resident status is your own business with no answer or solution from me...good luck man....If its about right to own property,then maybe have a baby there in nigeria and get the child nigerian passport and see if the law allows you to control interest in what you put into trust by your childs nationality priviledges and then wait to get your nationality priviledges in 15 years......maybe my idea doesnt even apply to your situation? good luck friend..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by Vicjustice: 6:06pm On May 18, 2012
aeoisolmo: Hello guys.
I am married to my nigerian wife for 20 years, we lived in Nigeria off and on, and plan to move to Lagos permanently.
For good reasons I need a nigerian Passport. From what I have heard, the process is very difficult, and can take up to
15 years. I can't wait that long, does anybody have high rang friends in immigration, that can be of assistance with my
problem?
I know, there are some other threads on this topic, and some people are propably going to aks, why I would even want a nigerian
Passport, or others might think I don't have the right to it, because it's difficult for Nigerians to get foreign Passports.
I can only say, there where no problems for my wife getting stay permit and passport in my country, once we where married.
We all know, there is some corruption going on in Nigeria, which also I suffered from sometimes, so why not take advantage
of that when possible?
I would be very happy, if anybody had some information for me.
Thanks
Peter
It is not really as difficult as you fear; if you married a Nigerian citizen, and you reside in Nigeria for certain duration of time and also, the community or local government of your wife is willing to issue formal attestation letter to support your application; and ultimately, you have means of livelihood in Nigeria, then you would be eligible to get a Nigerian citizenship.
I've seen white guys with Nigerian citizenship
Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by uyijiano4u(m): 12:21am On Jun 02, 2018
even we the nigerians, how many of us has a citizenship prove??
Re: Nigerian Passport For Oyibo by nowpresence(f): 9:23am On Jun 02, 2018
@ op i don't think it is as difficult as you have described it. Review the immigration laws again and see the one that fits you.
It shouldn't be that difficult.

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows Charge For Overnight Parking At Port Harcourt Airport? / Where Can I Study Japanese Language In Nigeria / Considering Relocating To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.