Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Login At Every Visit (nairaland) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Login At Every Visit (nairaland) (1061 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Why You Visit Nairaland First Before Other Sites ! / What Time Is Best To Visit Nairaland? / Why Do You Visit Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by ahmsta(m): 5:34pm On May 12, 2012
I dont know if theres a thread that speaks about this, but seriously am not finding it good having to 're-login' at every visit (like the cookie / session expires after the browser is closed) i dont think thats nice...

Mostly get pissed when trying to reply and noticed am not logged in

I will rather love it to be for some period, may a day will be cool..
Re: Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by Osama10(m): 5:45pm On May 12, 2012
Honestly the thing is really tiring.
Re: Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by yamakuza: 5:55pm On May 12, 2012
Are you switching between 2 devices? Your phone and pc perhaps?
Re: Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by ahmsta(m): 6:22pm On May 12, 2012
yamakuza: Are you switching between 2 devices? Your phone and pc perhaps?

Yeah sure.. But i hardly visit nairaland on Pc this days...

But if i close this browser now and re-launch now..still goina need me to log-in
Re: Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by yamakuza: 6:54pm On May 12, 2012
ahmsta:

Yeah sure.. But i hardly visit nairaland on Pc this days...

But if i close this browser now and re-launch now..still goina need me to log-in

the way this new NL works, if you log in on ur pc, it logs out your phone session automatically, and vice versa.

If u r using just ur laptop and its happening that way ... the only thing i can think of is that ur isp ip address keeps changing.
Re: Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by Afam4eva(m): 7:33pm On May 12, 2012
Seun and Mukina really have to look into it. It's tiring considering the fact that i'm the member of over a thousand sites. Imagine if i have to enter my credentials each time i visit. That's won't be nice.
Re: Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by ahmsta(m): 8:48pm On May 12, 2012
yamakuza:

the way this new NL works, if you log in on ur pc, it logs out your phone session automatically, and vice versa.

If u r using just ur laptop and its happening that way ... the only thing i can think of is that ur isp ip address keeps changing.

i Guess You not getting me well.. i think the cookie is set to expire after the browser is closed,

My(your) ISP IP doesn't change when i close my(your) browser, does it?
Re: Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by DualCore1: 9:13pm On May 12, 2012
I do not think this has anything to do with the opening and closing of your browser. I notice sometimes I am not logged in but I haven't been so interested in the whole process to know exactly when it happens. I can say it has nothing to do with closing your browser because I just did and reopened and I'm still logged in.
Re: Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by ahmsta(m): 10:23pm On May 12, 2012
i wonder what the case is... cus i just did the same.... and am still logged in...though on pc...will try on mobile again.

--On mobile--
I think its fixed now. cheesy
Re: Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 12, 2012
Funny
Re: Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by jmoore(m): 12:43pm On May 13, 2012
you only get logged out from one device if you log in from another device.
Re: Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by ahmsta(m): 2:12pm On May 13, 2012
i know 'someone' is reading this and i think Its now fixed, because i am still logged since my last visit unlike before...
Re: Login At Every Visit (nairaland) by yawatide(f): 10:25am On May 14, 2012
I don't think I have ever logged in, on the same device, for the past 6 months. Sure, Seun may (I suspect) reboot/flush the server every now and then and force me to log in but for the most part, I rarely log in.

(1) (Reply)

Inverters, Solar Panels, Batteries And Rechargeable Products ..... / Why Didn't You Go Home For 2012 Yuletide? / Nairaland.com Suggestion Box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.