Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

My Book Of Bible Stories. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Book Of Bible Stories. (7515 Views)

Some Funny Memes That Tell Bible Stories / Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Pelumiv(m): 8:36pm On May 27, 2012
bennyraz: you are a witness? Aren't u?
Yes i am.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Pelumiv(m): 9:03pm On May 27, 2012
bennyraz: what about the teachings that only 144,000 people will make it to heaven.
Jesus made it clear that only few will rule with him in heaven over the multitude that will be on earth. The bible book of luke 12:32 shows that its few people that will rule with christ.This few are numbered as evident from Rev.7:4-8,14:1-5. What is the duty of these few selected people from all tribe and nations? Rev 5:9,20:5.

The other set of people that will live on earth forever are the ones Jesus called the other flock according Joh 10:16. Rev 7:9,10 describe them as great multitude, these are those whom the 144,000 will rule over and they will live forever on earth.Ps 37:9-11,29, Rev 21:1-5.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by don33310(m): 5:10pm On May 28, 2012
rastamouse: This brings back nostalgic memories. It was a great book! But wait a min, where have they gone to?
Yes o,i have not seen it for years now.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by chinedumo(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
[size=13pt]rule in heaven

we will rule on earth
why would Jesus rule from heaven?[/size]
Pelumiv:
Jesus made it clear that only few will rule with him in heaven over the multitude that will be on earth. The bible book of luke 12:32 shows that its few people that will rule with christ.This few are numbered as evident from Rev.7:4-8,14:1-5. What is the duty of these few selected people from all tribe and nations? Rev 5:9,20:5.

The other set of people that will live on earth forever are the ones Jesus called the other flock according Joh 10:16. Rev 7:9,10 describe them as great multitude, these are those whom the 144,000 will rule over and they will live forever on earth.Ps 37:9-11,29, Rev 21:1-5.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by jaymyk(m): 11:33pm On Jun 24, 2012
@slimyem. I did too. grin infact, we had 2 & i particularly always remember d story of wise king solomon & d two women fighting over a baby. D pictures were truely fascinating then. U remind me of those times. Lol!
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 25, 2012
I read the book when I was a kid, it was interesting then. The most memorable story was that of King Solo and the two women, I always marveled at how wise the man can be.
Anyway sha, the book got boring and I use am clean nyansh for toilet.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by mollie12: 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
Pelumiv:

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Most of the verses you quoted here ... you took them out of context. Every passage in the Bible is conveying a unique message and you can't just impute your own meaning as you seem fit. Please just do another bible reading of these verses, and probably start your reading from the beginning of the chapters to get a good understanding of what they mean.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Pelumiv(m): 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
kindly prove me otherwise sis?
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by jonesdollieho: 11:25am On Jan 08, 2013
bennyraz: what about the teachings that only 144,000 people will make it to heaven.

the bible teaches that some people will live on earth while some (just few) will go to heaven.
what will they be going to heaven to do? Not to sing and dance as some religions teaches but to do the following.

Heaven - read Rev. 5:9&10; Luke 12vs32
Earth - read Rev 7:9-17; John 10vs16
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by jonesdollieho: 11:26am On Jan 08, 2013
Pelumiv:
Yes i am.

pls, which cong. are u
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Pelumiv(m): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2013
Darocha, lagos n u?
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Dav3: 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
Where can I find this book in SA, gauteng? It build my knowledge of the bible with vivid pictures!
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by drnedu(m): 5:58am On Jul 02, 2016
Hello there. Anyone knows where I can get a hard copy of this book in Nigeria?
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by joyandfaith: 6:49am On Jul 02, 2016
i knew the book was authored by jehovah witness and it clearly potrayed their teachings(my book of bible stories) the one i can active remember was nailing christ on a stake instead of a cross. There are numerous. And of cause it would go out of print because parents discovered it was a way JW was using to brainwash their little unknowing children. Most parents burnt the book that time. CRK teachers were told not to use it again. It carried alot of controverses sha.. That was why it went out of print because later on, it was not in demand, if it was in high demand, they would surely do re-print (demand meets supply) Maybe learn from the great teacher will correct their mistakes.. But do JW change? Never! They are prepared to die with their beliefs.

the books do not go out of print. if you need copies contact any of jehovah witnesses or visit www.jw.org
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by joyandfaith: 6:52am On Jul 02, 2016
Pelumiv:

It was not out of print because of controversy or the teachings has defect, no, it was discontinued cuz the learn from the great teacher is written in more simpler language and dive more into real life application of the teaching. Our teachings are based on the bible and not any pagan doctrine. It is very clear that jesus was nail on the stalk not crucify as some teaches.

it was not discontinued. we have in our congregation.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Pelumiv(m): 1:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
joyandfaith:

it was not discontinued. we have in our congregation.
I meant it was out of print. That doesn't mean you won't have old stock left.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) / What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / Interesting Conversation Between A Muslim And Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.