Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? (16875 Views)

Between Kerosene Pressure Stove And Ordinary Kerosene Stove / The Secret Of Losing The Sour Taste In The Tomato Stew / The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Havilah93(m): 9:19pm On May 21, 2012
what does it matter, if i like, i may decide to use candle or burnsen burner sad to cook my food and still tastes better, and besides who has the time and energy these days to begin to light firewood. If you put enough salt and royco in the food, won o bi flavor abi taste daa ko ma jade
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by piropaul: 9:32pm On May 21, 2012
u should the three of them in ur kitchen first before comparing them
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by sosomi: 9:33pm On May 21, 2012
I live abroad where gas and electric cooker are always handy.In summer people clamor for grill - why?
you can't compare the taste of meat prepared with gas oven and the one grilled with coal or wood.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by oohunt: 11:51pm On May 21, 2012
Firewood everly!!!
Remember those days when my mum would say "don't waste my gas cooking that corn", then we would make a fire outside to cook the corn. Best taste. Nothing also beats the taste of my grandmother's meals - cooked outside!
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by mikron(m): 1:44am On May 22, 2012
Na firewood food sweet pass.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Lisa1: 1:49am On May 22, 2012
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Roland17(m): 3:10am On May 22, 2012
After tasting food prepared by all three, without any iota of doubt, Firewood na Baba, I did not bother reading the whole topic before posting
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by kayswag100(m): 3:13am On May 22, 2012
firewood= smoke-full eyes, smoke-smelly clothes, blackened pot,smokey taste!

Kerosene Stove- black pot,slow, smokeless taste

GAS! now, that's what i'm talking about! fast, maintain pots' cleanliness, sweet 'gasy' taste
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by mamagee3(f): 3:23am On May 22, 2012
I personally prefer firewood!
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by jusbal(m): 7:29am On May 22, 2012
acidtalk:

you are just argueing blindly.
even as a man who cooks very well i know coal and firewood cooked meals taste far better than stove or gas.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by jusbal(m): 7:36am On May 22, 2012
I think firewood brings out the real taste of food.....i could remember during abacha days when dia is scarcity of kerosene,den my mum used firewood wood @times coal pot....though it takes time but after d meal is done we used 2 feel dat unique taste.....why is it dat wen u cook amala @ home no matter wat u can't compare it with all dis iya-basira amala outside......u'll surely knws dat the firewood swaggs is dere....bankers will leave dia office 2 av iyabasira unique taste instead of mr-biggs...
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by chumafresh(m): 7:50am On May 22, 2012
Conner44: i and my friend are currently arguing about this topic.

He says they all taste the same and the only difference is the time it takes to get the food done.

As for me i believe that firewood is the best for bringing out the taste of any cooking, my mum and grand mum both confirmed this fact.

But for the benefit of doubt, i will like more views on this issue. Can anyone add their observations please . . .
No Difference
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Nobody: 7:53am On May 22, 2012
They all taste d same, a gud cook is a gud cook, not by firewood, stove or gas.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by begwong: 8:07am On May 22, 2012
Has anyone in da house ever tried the use of dry cow dung for cooking? mwah! finger licking taste.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by mandsignal(m): 8:14am On May 22, 2012
solaceguy: i'll say firewood. i remember those days, wen we prepare rice wit wood, its always good (oh did i just rhyme? oh well i'm amazing...a Mavin actuali lol)
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by elampiro(m): 8:51am On May 22, 2012
Gas and stove are for convenience. But they can never do what firewood is capable of.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Nobody: 8:56am On May 22, 2012
Nawao. . . .firewood,stove and gas cooker.More like comparing grandmama,mother and girlfriend and asking which is sweetest. grin grin
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Nobody: 9:06am On May 22, 2012
lilkech: im sorry to say this but both your mums must be really old croonies to be spreading that false tale to their future generations. I am sure if i dont set the records straight you would go ahead to misinform your own children.

FIREWOOD: fast

STOVE: faster

GAS: fastest

easy as a.b.c, the only difference is that in the case of the firewood smoke from the fire manages to mix into the food and that gives it a kind of 'smokey' taste. If this taste is what your taste buds recognize as being 'sweet' then you are seriously on a very very long thing.

Why Mr. Biggs and Tantis never dey use firewood dey cook for their kitchen since? abi nor be 'FAST & SWEET' foods be their business? or u go wan talk say e better to use candle light take read for night pass electric bulb because na wetin ur mama and grandmama been use that year?
if u call there cathrin service( TFC/ mr biggs) come cook 4u no b firewood dem dey use! u no get sense @all, u jst rush post sumtin witout tinkin, Na firewood taste beta. U cum dey solve maths fast,faster,festest. Idiot lyk u. Mtcheeeeeeeew
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Butoneday2(m): 9:33am On May 22, 2012
Simple question? ''firewood is the best''?, Firewood is the answer?
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Butoneday2(m): 9:35am On May 22, 2012
But_one_day: Simple question? ''firewood is the best''?, Firewood is the answer?
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Onasa22: 9:41am On May 22, 2012
The truth is that meals prepared with firewood taste better than that of Stove and Gas.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by rockafela(m): 11:16am On May 22, 2012
na fire-woooood own sweet pass all
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by cindyrella(f): 11:35am On May 22, 2012
Well I totally agree with ur mom and grandma, Meals prepared with firewood don't only teste better, its also makes the cooking faster....
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by member479760: 12:12pm On May 22, 2012
for africa na firewood - ode!
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by FILEBE(m): 12:25pm On May 22, 2012
sure na! meals cooked by firewood is sweeter than that cooked by stove or gas na. firewood get natural smoke foood na unlike those synthetic smokes from petroleum products. if say na lzie i dey lie. i wan ask u: WHY U LIKE PARTY FOOD PASS THE ONE WEY U DEY COOK?
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by beesawlhar: 12:35pm On May 22, 2012
firewood of course!!! why am i so in love with party jollof rice or the stew? its not a means of cooking i would consider on a normal day, but then i must admitt its foods tastes best! even tho,smoked foods increases the risk of gastrointestinal cancer(THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE THE KILLERS ANYWAY), Stove,gas,and all are just the easiest way out,not even in this age.. life is too short to spend all your time cooking! YOLO
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by jay2smart19(m): 12:57pm On May 22, 2012
Without thinking u go knw say na fire wood. firewood na flavour and source of energy.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by NAJALYN: 1:37pm On May 22, 2012
Opinions vary. However it is only when the food is properly prepared that one can talk about taste. A poorly prepared food can never ever taste well, no matter what. I prefare using gas however.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by EnnyP(f): 1:48pm On May 22, 2012
jusbal: I think firewood brings out the real taste of food.....i could remember during abacha days when dia is scarcity of kerosene,den my mum used firewood wood @times coal pot....though it takes time but after d meal is done we used 2 feel dat unique taste.....why is it dat wen u cook amala @ home no matter wat u can't compare it with all dis iya-basira amala outside......u'll surely knws dat the firewood swaggs is dere....bankers will leave dia office 2 av iyabasira unique taste instead of mr-biggs...

U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ there! Olaiya Fø̲̣̣я̅, shitta-Surulere. Their Amala no Gε̲̣̣̣τ̲̅ rival.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by fesse(f): 2:09pm On May 22, 2012
Gentiejag: Gas-sweet

stove-sweeter

firewood- sweetest

i dont kare if u say its smoke dat enhances d taste firewood prepared food. But bliv me deas a huge difference if u cook a type of food on d three mediums of cookin.

Firewood/smoke makes food taste sweeter..shikena!

on point gal
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by embassyman(m): 2:43pm On May 22, 2012
Wifewood can never be compared to others, has its the best of all , no stresssssss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Long Do You Keep Your Soup Frozen Before Considering It Not Eatable Again? / How I Made Beef And Vegetables Stir Fry To Start This Christmas (Photos,Video) / Catering School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.