Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? (16912 Views)

Between Kerosene Pressure Stove And Ordinary Kerosene Stove / The Secret Of Losing The Sour Taste In The Tomato Stew / The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by maasoap(m): 4:28pm On May 21, 2012
I hate cooking gas. IED that could go off anytime. I read it in the news that one just killed wife of a prominent Nigerian.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Redhot111(m): 4:29pm On May 21, 2012
cookie27:

She didn't ask which is the fastest. She asked which brings out the taste. Every good cook knows that there's nothing like good old firewood or charcoal smoke to really give flavor to ANY meal. Large fast food chains may not use them because of industry regulations and such, but nothing beats firewood. NOTHING.

@OP I've invested in a small coal pot to cook with once in a while when I crave that "ijinle" taste in any of the meals I cook or when I have guests over for sunday lunch and each time, I have my guests asking for more. The taste of traditional soups and stews (efo, gbegiri, omi obe, palm oil-fried pepper) and meals (jollof rice, yam pottage, beans) is especially enhanced.
in fact, u don finish work. U 2 much
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 21, 2012
Firewood z d best anyday anytym..go villa &taste xmas foods,u go confess say na seun get nairaland...lol
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by sylve11: 4:40pm On May 21, 2012
acidtalk:

you are just argueing blindly.
even as a man who cooks very well i know coal and firewood cooked meals taste far better than stove or gas.

i go with ur concept! i nor know why some people just chose to argue as if them know it all.

Firewood/coal all the way! cool cool cool cool
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 21, 2012
Firewood all the way
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 21, 2012
Anyfin Flammed grilled count me in... That's Y flammed grilled Pizzas are more expensive than oven baked ones.... Only a fooooooooooool would argue that Gas and Stove food are better than Firewood...

Though its only in parties that i get to eat firewood made meals sad
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Gentleboby: 4:48pm On May 21, 2012
Conner44: i and my friend are currently arguing about this topic.

He says they all taste the same and the only difference is the time it takes to get the food done.

As for me i believe that firewood is the best for bringing out the taste of any cooking, my mum and grand mum both confirmed this fact.

But for the benefit of doubt, i will like more views on this issue. Can anyone add their observations please . . .

Sorry o mr old skool

Obe to dun owo lopa.

Those days Our mummy cook with fresh leaf and some other materials you can not see anyhow today, Try to get those things and use your Gas to cook it I promise you will eat your tongue.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by omodapson(m): 5:00pm On May 21, 2012
The firewood is the X factor. Meals from firewood always taste best.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by handmaid: 5:03pm On May 21, 2012
@lilkech: maybe kerosine or smoke or gas adds up to the taste of food. D fact s dat food prepared wt firewood usually tastes different and better even most times. It ha nothing to do wt anyone's individual taste bud :p
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Tos87(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2012
firewooooooooooooddddddddddddd
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by oraclefemi(m): 5:13pm On May 21, 2012
some topics

Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by GOZILLA(m): 5:37pm On May 21, 2012
Omo,na firewood o!
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Piyke: 5:48pm On May 21, 2012
lilkech: im sorry to say this but both your mums must be really old croonies to be spreading that false tale to their future generations. I am sure if i dont set the records straight you would go ahead to misinform your own children.

FIREWOOD: fast

STOVE: faster

GAS: fastest

easy as a.b.c, the only difference is that in the case of the firewood smoke from the fire manages to mix into the food and that gives it a kind of 'smokey' taste. If this taste is what your taste buds recognize as being 'sweet' then you are seriously on a very very long thing.

Why Mr. Biggs and Tantis never dey use firewood dey cook for their kitchen since? abi nor be 'FAST & SWEET' foods be their business? or u go wan talk say e better to use candle light take read for night pass electric bulb because na wetin ur mama and grandmama been use that year?

Actually adding a smokey taste to food is well practiced by top chefs for some menus. If you follow the british cooking series MasterChef you would see on occasions despite being in jand they would bring in some pieces of wood/charcoal into their professional kitchen just to add that smokey taste to food.

But with regards to the question I think it all depends on ur like for the smokey taste. People who don't like would count other means as the winner while people who have that craving would vote firewood the winner.

1 Like

Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by harakiri(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2012
Firewood iz best anyday.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by dadicvila(m): 6:24pm On May 21, 2012
lilkech: im sorry to say this but both your mums must be really old croonies to be spreading that false tale to their future generations. I am sure if i dont set the records straight you would go ahead to misinform your own children.

easy as a.b.c, the only difference is that in the case of the firewood smoke from the fire manages to mix into the food and that gives it a kind of 'smokey' taste. If this taste is what your taste buds recognize as being 'sweet' then you are seriously on a very very long thing.

Why Mr. Biggs and Tantis never dey use firewood dey cook for their kitchen since? abi nor be 'FAST & SWEET' foods be their business? or u go wan talk say e better to use candle light take read for night pass electric bulb because na wetin ur mama and grandmama been use that year?
for your mind you don talk better tin oO
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by fijiano202(m): 6:26pm On May 21, 2012
which wan is sweeter
Using toasting machine or Electric Iron to toast bread

cos e bi like say topic don finish for homepage
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by amicdan(m): 6:26pm On May 21, 2012
Firewood for sure....Try cooking your beans with firewood,stove and gas respectively...I tell you once you taste that of firewood you will surely give it to those dry woods... cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by razznaija(f): 6:50pm On May 21, 2012
Firewood all the way.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by cebili: 6:53pm On May 21, 2012
F I R E W O O D ! ! ! ! ! !
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by OzReal(m): 7:27pm On May 21, 2012
For jollof rice, it has to be firewood. Nothing, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, beats the taste of a party jollof rice!

1 Like

Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by basadenet: 7:33pm On May 21, 2012
what has stovem gas or firewood got to do with taste of a food.it will be better you rephrase your question again
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by oldlord(m): 7:35pm On May 21, 2012
@lilkeach may b u have not cook wit firewood or eat a meal cooked from firewood. let me correct u, its not about d smoke. infact if smoke mistakely enter d food on fire, forget d taste cos u will nt enjoy it. But d flavor is based on hw d food "rotate" inside d pot and d person cooking d food.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 21, 2012
FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!! FIREWOOD!!!

Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by AnotherOkija: 7:54pm On May 21, 2012
@ Topic

None of the above...

This is what brings out the best flavor (nabania) in meals...

1 Like

Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by NOIBMUUL(m): 7:56pm On May 21, 2012
Naturally, under even conditions, the food cooked with firewood will taste better because it cooks slowly, bringing out every taste of the food in the process. Ever wondered why the local mama put tastes better? To confirm this, when cooking with a gas cooker, just turn down d burner to d lowest possible and see for yourself.
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Francex(f): 8:01pm On May 21, 2012
Firewood... Dats why wedding foods r always tasty
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by AnotherOkija: 8:06pm On May 21, 2012
NOIBMUUL: Naturally, under even conditions, the food cooked with firewood will taste better because it cooks slowly, bringing out every taste of the food in the process. Ever wondered why the local mama put tastes better? To confirm this, when cooking with a gas cooker, just turn down d burner to d lowest possible and see for yourself.

Rubbish!!

How does Firewood cook slower than gas?!! undecided

How does this ....

cook slower than this...
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Piyke: 8:09pm On May 21, 2012
Another Okija: @ Topic

None of the above...

This is what brings out the best flavor (nabania) in meals...

I laughed hard when I saw this...nice 1
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by NOIBMUUL(m): 8:27pm On May 21, 2012
@Another okija
Simple. The blue flames is hotter and burns/cooks faster. Gbam!!!
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by AnotherOkija: 8:31pm On May 21, 2012
NOIBMUUL: @Another okija
Simple. The blue flames is hotter and burns/cooks faster. Gbam!!!

fa fa fa fowl....

Try using gas to cook beans and Firewood to cook beans.. Thats the perfect test..
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by topyz: 8:44pm On May 21, 2012

no matter what u used, if the food is nt sweet it will nt b
Re: Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? by Sianoz: 9:15pm On May 21, 2012

you r absolutly wrong concerning everything u stated above go and do ur research

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Catering School / Why Do People Like Goat Meat? / How I Made Beef And Vegetables Stir Fry To Start This Christmas (Photos,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.