Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Bigbrother Is Banned ! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bigbrother Is Banned ! (1029 Views)

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / Fifty Shades Of Grey Banned In Nigeria Cinemas Due To Sexual Content / Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bigbrother Is Banned ! by Pain(m): 2:41am On Nov 15, 2007
House of Representatives yesterday ordered the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC), to discontinue the airing of any clip or debate on Big Brother Africa (BBA).
The programme, a reality TV show, ended last Sunday with a Nigerian girl, Offuneka Molokwu coming second.
House Committee on Information and National Orientation handed down the order after a meeting with the Director General of NBC, Mr Yomi Bolarinwa. Bolarinwa told the committee that the commission drew the attention of the management of MultiChoice to the nudity being shown on air.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=95284
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by MoOdYLaDy(f): 2:44am On Nov 15, 2007
But why is this article post here shouldn't it be at the tv section
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by DisGuy: 2:48am On Nov 15, 2007
Pain:

House of Representatives yesterday ordered the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC), to discontinue the airing of any clip or debate on Big Brother Africa (BBA).
The programme, a reality TV show, ended last Sunday with a Nigerian girl, Offuneka Molokwu coming second.
House Committee on Information and National Orientation handed down the order after a meeting with the Director General of NBC, Mr Yomi Bolarinwa. Bolarinwa told the committee that the commission drew the attention of the management of MultiChoice to the nudity being shown on air.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=95284

are they fast or what?
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by olanajim(m): 7:07am On Nov 15, 2007
Medicine after death. Where are they all these months?
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by ariblaze(m): 7:17am On Nov 15, 2007
but honestlywhats the rationale behind the ban?

i heard they said richard had sex with that nigerian girl

so what

big deal?

i think as usually with our house/senate its always a case of misplaced priorities
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by olanajim(m): 7:29am On Nov 15, 2007
Na from your mouth o!
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by eddycapuro: 7:41am On Nov 15, 2007
why are u posting this on romance. u've started with ur stupidity again "pain" IDIOTA.
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by janami(f): 7:42am On Nov 15, 2007
richard had sex wit ofuneka? whr did u get that?
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by yimiton(f): 9:04am On Nov 15, 2007
ariblaze:

i heard they said richard had sex with that nigerian girl

@ ariblaze,
Please get your fact right before you make contributions.
Richard and Tatiana had sex together and not our own Nigerian Ofuneka.

I hate any topic that has to do with BBA 2 and will have passed by but I'll hate for anyone to think Ofuneka stooped low enough to have sex with Richie.

The ban will have been a good idea if it had come in earlier. A week or two to the show would have been appropriate but as a poster rightly said, this is medicine after death.
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by Pain(m): 10:25am On Nov 15, 2007
eddycapuro:

why are u posting this on romance. u've started with your stupidity again "pain" IDIOTA.

What Kind of Unkind Soul Is This? Some of Us Are Just Plain Evil. Why the Vituperation? Why call me an Idiot? I see U are a Newbie here with your 16 Posts U have Revealed How Low U Score on the Humane Graph. God Help U.
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by yemivictor: 10:59am On Nov 15, 2007
richard had sex with tatiana NOT ofunneka!

and i think u guys are getting it all wrong, the basis of the ban, i believe is "to stop airing on nigerian tv stations" i.e free tv stations. multichioce is "pay tv" i.e. u have to pay for what u watch, hence monthly subscriptions!

and i personally do not think NBC has any jurisdiction over multichoice since the content of their programmes on their numerous channels are not viewed freely.

commonsense should tell us that a show that just ended can't be banned unless it's being aired on some other platform!
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by jkpretty(f): 11:01am On Nov 15, 2007
I've always wondered the essence.
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by desgiezd(m): 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2007
olanajim:

Medicine after death. Where are they all these months?

They were busy watching the show!
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by 2dye4(m): 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2007
desgiezd:

They were busy watching the show!

dont mind them, just a bunch of hypocrites!
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by janami(f): 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2007
i think what nbc should ve done was just rate the show.
Re: Bigbrother Is Banned ! by buyaka(m): 7:27pm On Nov 15, 2007
you dey mind those house of Assembly fellows, after them don catch their fun from richard $ tiatiana finish them come dey ban BBA 4 naija.

(1) (Reply)

. / Hot! Wholesale Brand New Lg Lcd At Lower Price, 110 Usd! / I Got A Great Story For A T.V Soap Opera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.