Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? (40612 Views)

Poll: Do you support the banning of Ini Edo?

Yes, serves her right for not being a saint.: 32% (16 votes)
No, she should be allowed to work despite the controversy.: 68% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / Fifty Shades Of Grey Banned In Nigeria Cinemas Due To Sexual Content / Ini Edo the Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by flakom(f): 5:53pm On Apr 30, 2007
News reaching me says Ini Edo has been banned for a year with effect from 17th April for gross misconduct. \\
Does anyone know what happened?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by MsBS(f): 10:35pm On Apr 30, 2007
IT might be a good thing as she is currently saturating the market. I didn't mind her at first but now I'm getting sick of her. I could do with a break!

But to answer your question,  No I don't know what happened LOL
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Seun(m): 10:38pm On Apr 30, 2007
What is wrong is wrong. You should not ban an actress from her means of livelihood. She must be allowed to work.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by MsBS(f): 10:45pm On Apr 30, 2007
Didn't a whole loads o actors get banned last year, which what contributed to her coming up? I'm sure she will not starve. she will be fine!
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Seun(m): 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2007
What is wrong is wrong. Her being fine is besides the point, she must be allowed to contribute her quota.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by cammax7(m): 5:02pm On May 03, 2007
Dont know how true but I learnt she was alleged to be sleeping with people she roled alongside with in movies. Rememeber there was also the rumour that DBanj's why me was sung for her.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by RedLips3(f): 5:04pm On May 03, 2007
What does that have to do with anything? What concerns the Nigerian movie officials with her personal business?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Jaybee2412(m): 5:53pm On May 03, 2007
I think banning people from their means of livelihood is wrong. Afterall showbiz is supposed to be dominated by scandals and some over indulgences. That's what make those in it to be different from the ordinary boring people around. We often hear about many scandals going on in Hollywood, but never about banning those involved, instead controversy and scandals increase their popularity. Ban a talented artist and you are burying his or her God given talents. Whatever Ini Edo has done, she does not deserve such a hash sanction. Afterall they've all got one skeleton or the other in their cupboards.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by DisGuy: 5:57pm On May 03, 2007
cammax7:

Dont know how true but I learnt she was alleged to be sleeping with people she roled alongside with in movies. Rememeber there was also the rumour that DBanj's why me was sung for her.

Nah wa o, if thats true then these "ogas" will be choosing husbands for the actress
what about the guys shes alleged to be sleeping with?

Nice blog Ms BS
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by oge4real(f): 1:58am On May 05, 2007
what would she have done apart from sleeping around and going around half nude as usual?abeg make we leave matter for mathias o jare.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by dupebaby(m): 1:59am On May 05, 2007
SHE MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING BAD, 2 BE BANNED,
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by femi6(m): 2:03am On May 05, 2007
dupebaby:

SHE MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING BAD, 2 BE BANNED,

people dont get ban for nothing sake
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by RedLips3(f): 2:19am On May 05, 2007
How is that a reason to be banned from working?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Love44(f): 2:21am On May 05, 2007
They ban her because the just wanted to do it. If they ban her for her dressing then they are very stupid and uncivilized,
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by femi6(m): 2:35am On May 05, 2007
forget it, it can never be because of her dressing. that will be so stupid
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by finemocha(f): 3:04am On May 05, 2007
so what slowpoke has the right to ban actresses and actor. what kind of country is nigeria becoming, so much for democracy. angry
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by femi6(m): 3:19am On May 05, 2007
finemocha:

so what slowpoke has the right to ban actresses and actor.
the same slowpoke that brings her into nollywood

finemocha:

what kind of country is nigeria becoming, so much for democracy. angry
nigeria is not turning into anything its "we" that lived in are the the problem
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by naijaking1: 3:59am On May 05, 2007
Banning actors in Naija is just the beginining. Wait till Yar'dua takes over with his Sharia laws. U'll see a reversal of all the gains of Nollywood. It is only under a religious pretence that some fool or fools would appoint themselves judges unto others. Actors and actress make a living by entertainment, and as long as their action don't contravene known civil laws, they must be allowed to work.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by femi6(m): 4:15am On May 05, 2007
naijaking1:

Banning actors in Naija is just the beginining. Wait till Yar'dua takes over with his Sharia laws. U'll see a reversal of all the gains of Nollywood. It is only under a religious pretence that some fool or fools would appoint themselves judges unto others. Actors and actress make a living by entertainment, and as long as their action don't contravene known civil laws, they must be allowed to work.
and u think this sharia thing will solve it?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by naijaking1: 4:31am On May 05, 2007
Every time Naija takes 3 steps forward-- to civilization/progress, sometime crazy happens to push her back 6 steps. Developing local talents, a la Nollowood is a small baby step toward Hollywood, Bollywood, etc, but when some "holy men" take it upon themselves to moderate what and how actors act, then na trouble so. Sharia will neither help Nollywood nor help Nigeria. Got it?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by femi6(m): 5:07am On May 05, 2007
i never agreed on that before
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Vickivicki(m): 6:43am On May 05, 2007
If truly based on these reasons as attached the Nigerian market needs more than enough explanation to be convinced 'cos as earlier said people should not be banned from their means of living.
Check out:
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2007/apr/27/newsbreak27-04-2007-001.htm
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by jesuspikin(m): 7:28am On May 05, 2007
i think the baby deserves to be banned cos, sad sad a change makes the difference and she appeares on movies alway like a wild cat
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by niyyie(m): 8:57am On May 05, 2007
This banning business is nonsense. Pure and simple.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by ellab(f): 9:53am On May 05, 2007
Now dat she's banned, does it now mean dat she will go into music like Omotola,Genevieve and the rest?undecidedWho gave those ppl authority by d way?Abeg make dem live the gal alone.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by philipmay: 10:17am On May 05, 2007
There is a difference btw Nollywood and Hollywood.Hope she would deserve to be banned in the face of Nollywood,i feel so sorry for the young actress that just started her race in Nollywood,we are not region in western world,but my people,Nigeria as a culture.Ask Nigerian and Ask African.Ini Edo should follow our culture.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by redsun(m): 10:42am On May 05, 2007
who is Ini Edo?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Tornadoz(m): 11:18am On May 05, 2007

Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by redsun(m): 1:20pm On May 05, 2007
She is quite a beauty physically.She will do well in hollywood fantasy world,nigeria is not there yet.I can see the high dreams in her eyes.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by LongOne1(m): 2:22pm On May 05, 2007
@redsun, yeah she's hot all right. Thanx tornadoz, i would never have known who she was, was getting really lost in all the banter.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by sy2000(f): 2:23pm On May 05, 2007
naijaking1:

Abeg na wetin be sharia laws??
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by finemocha(f): 2:37pm On May 05, 2007
this is bull, this is really useless, how dare them ban an actress those lazy ass communist foolish sharia law loving hypocrites

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tboss Insults Kemen Over His Kissing Pattern, Looks, In Front Of Housemates / Bbnaija: Avala And Isilomo Begin Their Media Tour After Eviction (Photos) / Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.