Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

If Jesus Was Born In Our Generation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Was Born In Our Generation (891 Views)

What If Jesus Was Gay / This Is The HOUSE TB Joshua Was Born In... / Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jesus Was Born In Our Generation by pat077: 10:22pm On May 13, 2012
As a child, Jesus lived like any
other child,but did not sin. Now, if
Jesus was to be born in our
generation, would HE listen,watch
and partake in these our youthful
and swagalicious lifestyles
(especially in term of dressing
manner, music, sports e.t.c)?
Please reflect on it before
commenting. Thanks
Re: If Jesus Was Born In Our Generation by pat077: 8:37am On Aug 09, 2012
i believe if he was born in our generation, he ll be on facebook,twitter and he ll also have a pin.
Re: If Jesus Was Born In Our Generation by onetrack(m): 10:11am On Aug 09, 2012
If Jesus came back today Christians would not recognize him because they would be expecting something else.
Re: If Jesus Was Born In Our Generation by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:12am On Aug 09, 2012
iif jesus was born in our generation, i would have bullied him in school. .
Re: If Jesus Was Born In Our Generation by Delafruita(m): 10:27am On Aug 09, 2012
pat077: As a child, Jesus lived like any
other child,but did not sin. Now, if
Jesus was to be born in our
generation, would HE listen,watch
and partake in these our youthful
and swagalicious lifestyles
(especially in term of dressing
manner, music, sports e.t.c)?
Please reflect on it before
commenting. Thanks
according to the infancy gospel of thomas(which wasnt included in the bible despite the fact that thomas was a disciple and luke and mark werent)jesus killed 2 kids before he turned 10.according to thomas,the people of nazareth grew tired of his excesses and demanded that joseph either rein him in or they leave the town

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Was Born In Our Generation by TheOP1(m): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2012
Delafruita:
according to the infancy gospel of thomas(which wasnt included in the bible despite the fact that thomas was a disciple and luke and mark werent)jesus killed 2 kids before he turned 10.according to thomas,the people of nazareth grew tired of his excesses and demanded that joseph either rein him in or they leave the town

I also used to wonder where the account of Jesus childhood was.

Perhaps he had a not too pleasant childhood, the scholars were trying to hide.
Re: If Jesus Was Born In Our Generation by Delafruita(m): 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2012
The OP:

I also used to wonder where the account of Jesus childhood was.

Perhaps he had a not too pleasant childhood, the scholars were trying to hide.
you should read the infancy gospel of jesus.i have never quoted it here because i know the next thing will be for the christians to start screaming "apocrypha","forgery" etc.here's an excerpt from chapter 1

"1 On a certain day when there had fallen a shower of rain he went forth of the house where his mother was and played upon the ground where the waters were running: and he made pools, and thewaters flowed down, and the pools were filled with water. Then saith he: I will that ye become clean and wholesome waters. And straightway they did so. 2 But a certain son of Annas the scribe passed by bearing a branch of willow, and he overthrew the pools with the branch, and the waters were poured out. And Jesus turned about and said unto him: O ungodly and disobedient one, what hurthave the pools done thee that thou hast emptied them? Thou shalt not finish thy course, and thou shalt be withered up even as the branch which thou hast in hand. 3 And he went on, and after a littlehe fell and gave up the ghost. And when the young children that played with him saw it, they marvelled and departed and told the father of him that was dead. And he ran and found the child dead, and went and accused Joseph.

III. 1 Now Jesus made of that clay twelve sparrows: and it was the Sabbath day. And a child ran and told Joseph, saying: Behold, thy child playeth about the brook, and hath made sparrows of the clay, which is not lawful. 2 And he when he heard it went and said to the child: Wherefore doest thou so and profaneth the Sabbath? But Jesus answered him not, but looked upon the sparrows and said: Goye, take your flight, and remember me in your life. And at the word they took flight and went up into the air. And when Joseph saw it hewas astonished.

IV. 1 And after certain days, as Jesus passed through the midst of the city, a certain child cast a stone at him and smote his shoulder. And Jesus said unto him: Thou shalt not finish thy course. And straightway he also fell down and died. And they that were there were amazed, saying: From whence is this child, that every word which he speaketh becometh a perfect work? 2 But they also departed and accused Joseph, saying: Thou wilt not be able to dwellwith us in this city: but if thou wilt, teach thy child to bless and not to curse: for verily he slayeth our children: and every thing that he saith becometh a perfect work.
V. And as Joseph sat upon his seat, the child stood before him; and he took hold upon his ear and pinched it sore. But Jesus looked upon him earnestly and said: It sufficeth thee."
Re: If Jesus Was Born In Our Generation by KiKatanga: 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2012
If Jesus were born today, he'd have been branded a fantasist and put on Ritalin.

If he'd carried out a miracle he'd have had to prove it to be scientifically inexplicable, and if he achieved that he'd be taken to the UN to meet world leaders.

But I have no idea what cereal Jesus would have eaten.

(1) (Reply)

The Beauty Of The Holy Spirit In Our Lives / Is Aiyefele A Real Born Again???? / You Have To Be Righteous To Live Right.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.