Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Advice On Haullage Biz - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice On Haullage Biz (1140 Views)

Advice on Block Moulding Business / Advice On Opening Of Laundry Services / I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Haullage Biz by forster: 12:15am On May 14, 2012
Re: Advice On Haullage Biz by forster: 9:37am On May 18, 2012
Re: Advice On Haullage Biz by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 18, 2012
forster: Good pple still waiting for you input.
Thx

I have just replied to one haulage business agent on this forum about the same business you want to venture into. I spoke to the guy with user name lolostic and he was unable to convince me. I have not seen a single person who invested in the business to tell me about their experience. Currently, I have a cargo van to give the guy just to test him. If he is truly going to deliever what he has promised to deliever, then I will go ahead in six month's time and buy a flat bed and give it to him.
Re: Advice On Haullage Biz by AkoRay: 8:29pm On May 18, 2012
could put you in touch with someone who could answer your questions, drop me a line at info@akoraybsl.com
Re: Advice On Haullage Biz by adconline(m): 9:24pm On May 18, 2012
Dont invest 4.5mil in a haulage business if you are not there to midwife it. In hauling business it's the driver who has the leverage, so a good driver delivers good returns. my rule of thump is any business that I cannot have about 60% control of is not worth my money. Do know an insider who tells you when the driver takes off and when he delivers?
Re: Advice On Haullage Biz by tobiloba82: 1:41am On May 19, 2012
4.5MILLION. MY BROTHER, THE TRUTH NEED TO BE TOLD TO SOMEONE WHO CARES. IF YOU ARE BUYING A TRUCK IN NIGERIA WITH SUCH AMOUNT, IT TAKES THE GRACE OF GOD TO SEE SOMEONE WHO CAN MANAGE THE TRUCK PROPERLY FOR YOU TILL YOU GET YOUR INVESTMENT BACK. YOU HEAR OUTRAGEOUS FIGURES ON NAIRALANDERS TO LURE THEM INTO THE BUSINESS. I AM NOT SAYING THAT HAULAGE RETURNS IS NOT INTERESTING. BUT I TELL YOU A LOT OF NIGERIAN FACTORS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH IT. THE HAULAGE BUSINESS IS MEANT FOR THOSE WHO CAN BUY OR SOURCE FOR TRUCKS ABROAD AT A CHEAP PRICE. BY THIS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE YOUR INVESTMENT BACK IN A YEAR. IF YOU SPEND 4.5MILLION ON A TRUCK, HAVE YOU MADE ENQUIRIES ON HOW MUCH YOU WILL MAKE PER MONTH AFTER MAINTENANCE. WELL, I WONT MENTION ANY FIGURE ON THE THREAD.
SOURCE FOR YOUR TRUCK WHERE YOU CAN SPEND UNDER 2.5 MILLION. IF IT IS BOX TRUCK OR TRUCK WITH FLATBED,THEN WE CAN START FROM THERE.
Re: Advice On Haullage Biz by tobiloba82: 1:52am On May 19, 2012
4.5MILLION. MY BROTHER, THE TRUTH NEED TO BE TOLD TO SOMEONE WHO CARES. IF YOU ARE BUYING A TRUCK IN NIGERIA WITH SUCH AMOUNT, IT TAKES THE GRACE OF GOD TO SEE SOMEONE WHO CAN MANAGE THE TRUCK PROPERLY FOR YOU TILL YOU GET YOUR INVESTMENT BACK. YOU HEAR OUTRAGEOUS FIGURES ON NAIRALANDERS TO LURE THEM INTO THE BUSINESS. I AM NOT SAYING THAT HAULAGE RETURNS IS NOT INTERESTING. BUT I TELL YOU A LOT OF NIGERIAN FACTORS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH IT. THE HAULAGE BUSINESS IS MEANT FOR THOSE WHO CAN BUY OR SOURCE FOR TRUCKS ABROAD AT A CHEAP PRICE. BY THIS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE YOUR INVESTMENT BACK IN A YEAR. IF YOU SPEND 4.5MILLION ON A TRUCK, HAVE YOU MADE ENQUIRIES ON HOW MUCH YOU WILL MAKE PER MONTH AFTER MAINTENANCE. WELL, I WONT MENTION ANY FIGURE ON THE THREAD.
SOURCE FOR YOUR TRUCK WHERE YOU CAN SPEND UNDER 2.5 MILLION. IF IT IS BOX TRUCK OR TRUCK WITH FLATBED. HAULAGE BUSINESS ALL OVER THE WORLD IS SWEET. PEOPLE JUST NEED TO CONSULT VERY WELL ON THIS SUBJECT INSTEAD OF GETTING CARRIED AWAY WITH FIGURES.
Re: Advice On Haullage Biz by Chinom(m): 12:49pm On May 19, 2012
payless:

I have just replied to one haulage business agent on this forum about the same business you want to venture into. I spoke to the guy with user name lolostic and he was unable to convince me. I have not seen a single person who invested in the business to tell me about their experience. Currently, I have a cargo van to give the guy just to test him. If he is truly going to deliever what he has promised to deliever, then I will go ahead in six month's time and buy a flat bed and give it to him.

Dealing with the guy 'lolostic" is very risky. I met him personally in lagos last month to discuss the Haulage biz.I can tell you that he is so unreliable that he could'nt even keep to appointments. He is a confused young man looking for what to do. I then did some research of my own, went directly to some manufacturers. The business can be quite lucrative if managed properly. Hence i have decided to go to Lagos next year or even earlier to handle it myself. I would advice you and "forster" to give me sometime to actually kick off. Afterwards, you can send your trucks to me to manage. Having lived abroad for a long time, i understand your situations.So whatever we agree on is what you will get. you can drop your mail addresses at chinomnazu@yahoo.com. I will contact you lot when 'the business kicks off.
Re: Advice On Haullage Biz by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 19, 2012
Chinom:

Dealing with the guy 'lolostic" is very risky. I met him personally in lagos last month to discuss the Haulage biz.I can tell you that he is so unreliable that he could'nt even keep to appointments. He is a confused young man looking for what to do. I then did some research of my own, went directly to some manufacturers. The business can be quite lucrative if managed properly. Hence i have decided to go to Lagos next year or even earlier to handle it myself. I would advice you and "forster" to give me sometime to actually kick off. Afterwards, you can send your trucks to me to manage. Having lived abroad for a long time, i understand your situations.So whatever we agree on is what you will get. you can drop your mail addresses at chinomnazu@yahoo.com. I will contact you lot when 'the business kicks off.

I thought as much the last time I spoke to lolostic. Where do you reside? I think the best way is to run this business by yourself or by a trustworthy person. I will email you today.
Re: Advice On Haullage Biz by forster: 9:58am On May 20, 2012
Re: Advice On Haullage Biz by tobiloba82: 10:34am On May 20, 2012
FOR YOUR ENQUIRIES ON HAULAGE, PROSPECTS AND EARNINGS YOU CAN PM ME ON haulagemover@gmail.com.
Re: Advice On Haullage Biz by Iolo(m): 3:14pm On May 20, 2012
@OP,

4.5m is more than enough to get you a 30 tonne truck, give it its first servicing and change any worn out tires.

Haulage bizness in Nigeria is highly lucrative but frankly, anyone that promises monthly return rates above N350k - N400k is being either economical with the truth or is only willing to throw around figures to attract ppl like you.

In the real sense, haulage is a high income, high risk, high expenses biz. You can't go into the bizness witout a trustworthy person to show you the way.

It all depends on what you want to do. Go into the biz yourself, or lease it out on a monthly basis. You can also do hire purchase.

(1) (Reply)

Need Online Profitable Business That I Can Start With 10000 Naira / Na Wa For Gtbank! / Katangowa: Goodbye To Ikeja Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.