Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile (10149 Views)

BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man / GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday / Fund Your Paypal Using GT Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by olumyde5(m): 4:42pm On May 16, 2012
I checked my email today and I saw an mail from GT bank asking me to update my details on their website, from the moment I saw the mail I knew it was a false mail, I checked it all the same to confirm it, I checked the mail and I clicked on the link that was provided on the mail and surprisingly I was redirected to http://www.mybestcomputergames.com/online.html below are the detail of Info I saw on the false website. The first image is the email I got, the second image is the details of the false website and the third is the actual GT Bank Website Details Spread the news. front Page Pls

Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 16, 2012
sadly many will fall for this cheap scam.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by naijacutee(f): 8:24am On May 17, 2012
Thanks for the snapshots to help people know what to look out for when they receive similar e-mails. Could you make the pictures bigger, please?
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Modishguy(m): 8:52am On May 17, 2012
Thanks for the information man.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by naira4ever(m): 9:22am On May 17, 2012
Bros, When you see such fake link please, just ignore it.
They may try to send spyware (virus) to your system
that will gather all your online info from your
computer and cause havoc on your system except you are
using public computers.
GTB will send you sms only, when they want to pass any info
to their customers and you also need to walk into nearby branch
and confirm the sms.
Always ignore and delete fake emails immediately! BE CAREFUL O.

2 Likes

Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Nairaplus(m): 9:56am On May 17, 2012
Never reply to any e-mail whether it be from GTB or NOT.If you have any concerns, go to the nearest branch to resolve.

1 Like

Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by neksummi(m): 10:31am On May 17, 2012
I also received this email. It was so funny cos they sent it to an email I created barely a week ago and my account with GTBank is more than 5 years!
Ignore such nonsense please. Thanks for sharing this information.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Booty4me: 10:41am On May 17, 2012
The silly moderatorz wont take these to d front page for people to b aware....but if it to compare facebook and nairashitz d topic make it fast to d fp...smh
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by wonderz(m): 11:19am On May 17, 2012
This shouldn't be on the front page. BTW why is it that only GTB website is being scammed all the time?
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by omoabike: 11:21am On May 17, 2012
In addition what I use that always works for me is to hover the cursor on the email address of the sender of the email.
This always gives them away as I know the original email address of GTB or any organization I deal with online.
Also I have never and will never fill my personal details online.
In recent times I have been getting order pages from Apple or Amazon for supposed orders I made; telling me to confirm if indeed I made the orders.
Checking the email address as decribed above always saves me.
It cannot be overemphasised the need to be extravigilant and careful online epecially when it comes to money.

1 Like

Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by StaceyBanks(m): 11:22am On May 17, 2012
Bumpers!
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by moderattor: 11:24am On May 17, 2012
naira4ever: Bros, When you see such fake link please, just ignore it.
They may try to send spyware (virus) to your system
that will gather all your online info from your
computer and cause havoc on your system except you are
using public computers.
GTB will send you sms only, when they want to pass any info
to their customers and you also need to walk into nearby branch
and confirm the sms.
Always ignore and delete fake emails immediately! BE CAREFUL O.
Bro Nigerian hackers are not capable of that yet.
Just like saying Nigerian Boko can bomb a 9/11 scale in the US.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by users1: 11:24am On May 17, 2012
I did not get [img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Slyr0x: 11:25am On May 17, 2012
I'm surprised people still fall for this cheap scam!

Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by oluks05: 11:27am On May 17, 2012
Booty4me: The silly moderatorz wont take these to d front page for people to b aware....but if it to compare facebook and nairashitz d topic make it fast to d fp...smh

Lol take am easy na lol but I agree with u sha
@op thanks for sharing the info
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by eribaba: 11:29am On May 17, 2012
I lost some money to gtb 2 years ago because some guys fabricated my atm and withdrew money from my account. I dont like hearing such news because of the consequences that can follow.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by mankand(m): 11:31am On May 17, 2012
it is phishing
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by cyril83(m): 11:41am On May 17, 2012
Naija scammer will neva give up...watch out for anoda strategy
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Nobody: 11:46am On May 17, 2012
@OP thanks for sharing. A lot of anachronistic people would fall for this scam, especially those new to the internet. I remember just over 10 years ago when i just started surfing the web, i was always eager to fill out forms online *truly naive*.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 17, 2012
moderattor:
Nigerians are over capable, obviously you haven't met pro hackers.

1 Like

Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Bisjosh(f): 12:05pm On May 17, 2012
Thank u so very much cos I received up to 3 mails of this kind yesterday!!!! Am so happy I didn't even proceed to answering their questions.
phew!!!
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by lilkech(m): 12:17pm On May 17, 2012
moderattor:

how dare you say such a thing? Dat 9jarians cant do Such cheap stuff?

never never ever ever under estimate the power of 9ja

by the way, are you sure you are a 9jarian?
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by godfadda6(m): 12:38pm On May 17, 2012
Thanks to poser for the info, I did get the email and I did fill the form, I called GT connect and the "foolish" agent said yes the email was from them, i just had an hunch that it was not right, I stopped filling the form and called GT connect again and the new guy just screamed and helped me block my account, thank God nothing was done to it.....

moral: be careful, if you have any doubt, walk up to any GT bank and confirm......this is not a naija thing or naija boys, you hard earned money is at stake, a word is enough.............
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by twinstaiye(m): 12:41pm On May 17, 2012
GT BANK NOR ANY OTHER BANKS FOR THAT MATTER WILL NEVER ASK YOU TO UPDATE YOUR PROFILE ONLINE BY GIVING OUT YOUR BANKING DETAILS SUCH AS USERNAME, PASSWORDS AND ATM CARDS PIN.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by mbulela: 1:02pm On May 17, 2012
surprised to hear that people still fall for this.
There even legitimate info that GTB will ask me but i will be uncomfortable divulging such online, i will just walk into a branch and provide such info. Much less scammers asking for personal details.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by efosanice: 1:31pm On May 17, 2012
it's amazing how GTB does nothing about this websites, they simply send messages to their customers not to give their pin to any one, knowing that the nigerian populace are still not very techno-centric, i have seen a lot of these messages myself and i just ignore them .. this fake website is not new, it's been around since 2010 and people have lost money to it and all other scams using GTB atms etc. and GTB is really not doing anything about it and this makes me wanna close down my GTB account. i dont have these issues with other banks that i use.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Wisdytech(m): 1:46pm On May 17, 2012
SCAMMERS @ WRK! Pls beware, report any fake email 2 ur BANK!!
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by luciano80(m): 1:57pm On May 17, 2012
in as much as i encourage the use of internet banking, one must not fall prey to these scammers out there. i recommend
1. connect to the internet banking portal from www.gtbank.com directly, instead of any other links u mite find in your history or webpage.
2. never use any general system to access ur account. we all say scammers, scammers!!!! but if i stumble into my cuzins bank account "connect", i wld remember that money he owes me and shop with predjudice. grin grin the point is general systems mite have key loggers installed. be watchful
3. dont be lazy to remember your account name, number and pin/passwords. (this applies to all secured logins) avoid using the "remember password" program UNLESS u r the only one having access to the system....

there are lots of precautions you can take...so shine ya eyes!!!!!
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by badesco(m): 2:19pm On May 17, 2012
It is not a news as many of us had alerted a lot NLs in the past anyway thanks for the info.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by kufreabasi(m): 2:32pm On May 17, 2012
Mine is almost everyday. mine is taggeg ''Account Suspension''. I printed that stuff out and took it to one of their branch at Ikoyi and the lady in CIS told me that it is a scam message. Pls let them refrain from this deadly acts.This acts should be from GTB guys.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Step By Step Guide To Start Information Selling Business In Nigeria / How To Buy A Good Replica Watch / Make Money From Sewing Boxers Underwear In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.