Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

How Valuable Is Online Degree? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Valuable Is Online Degree? (22213 Views)

How Valuable Is Getting A Degree In Some Courses These Days / How Valuable Is A Masters Certificate From National Open University / How Valuable Is A Medical Lab Tech Certificate In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Valuable Is Online Degree? by amossainty: 9:28am On May 17, 2012
What Do You Think About Online Degree ?

Is it good studying online ?

1 Like

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by amossainty: 2:22pm On May 18, 2012
But its a very good idea to study online without much stress... They teach well and do practicals demonstrating with videos to explain
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 26, 2012
For some courses,there is no much difference. After all, many professional courses are on "study alone basis"
For other practical based disciplines, online studying is not useful. You've got to be in the lab.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by ismhab(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2012
MY FRIEND DON'T WASTE UR TIME, NO BODY WILL RECOGNIZE UR CERTIFICATE IN NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by jmoore(m): 6:38pm On May 26, 2012
Who cares about who employs you. Do it and build your own empire!!!

14 Likes

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by MrNigeria2(m): 6:39pm On May 26, 2012
they are very much recognised! !!

3 Likes

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by acadaman: 6:39pm On May 26, 2012
It depends on the university offering the degree.

If you want to study full time abroad without having to spend too much, consider studying in Ukraine. It is a European country with affordable fees and reasonable conditions. For more details, visit www.studyinukraine.com.ng
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by wellmax(m): 6:57pm On May 26, 2012
There is this dude in my Office, she's been braging about a certificate from the University of Manchester and people dey respect am. All that changed when we discovered that it was an online degree. Though expensive and easy τ̅☺ acquire once you have the money, I don't regard them at all.

1 Like

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by ib0221: 7:04pm On May 26, 2012
ismhab: MY FRIEND DON'T WASTE UR TIME, NO BODY WILL RECOGNIZE UR CERTIFICATE IN NIGERIA.
You are wrong there.I know quite well that some distinguished persons did distance learning in their time, which among other modes today is online study. A very good example is Chief Afe Babalola who studied with London School of Economics.

5 Likes

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by erico2k2(m): 7:07pm On May 26, 2012
there is nothing wrong with On-line certification/degree, most courses are done online these days even in the university all your course work are online once you register you can print out your handouts etc.Most pro courses are studied on line, you just have to go to a centre to write the exams which are more often done online as well.Just to point out to most guys on here, the fact that someone wants to study and acquire a new degree does not mean they want ti to apply for work, it may very well mean they wanna broaden thier knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by bisi16(m): 7:11pm On May 26, 2012
Who says its not recognized? I wouldn't be in it now if it wasn't..

3 Likes

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by Ultrame(m): 7:21pm On May 26, 2012
vikas11233: I think online degree is [/b]comes without or less studies[b],it's a gift from some universities as you give fees to them. shocked cheesy

Don't make me laugh! Start one and let's observe the following: (1). The hours of sleep you get in a day (2). Your grades.

@OP. Online degrees are very much recognized because there is no difference between the certificate you are presented with and that of the student that was actually on campus. -Absolutely none. In fact, you guys will attend the same graduation ceremony. But i do have to warn you. It's extremely stressful (especially if you have a full-time job) and it's not for the faint-hearted. It’s for disciplined people who are focused on an objective because you can easily lose track of yourself because of its flexibility.
It takes about 18-25 months.

I wish you the best.

4 Likes

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by BuhariKaxaury: 7:31pm On May 26, 2012
It is a directed learning if you're taking direction. It is acceptable worlwide except in 9ja, in fact in advance countries they passed such level, to mobile learning.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by Maxymilliano(m): 7:47pm On May 26, 2012
@ Op, make your inquiry from Dr. Andy Uba, he's knowledgeable about such routes.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by bytes2tera: 7:52pm On May 26, 2012
spot on @Ultrame!

However, as regards duration, depending on the institution and programme, you can stretch it up to four years if you so desire.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by wandeay: 8:11pm On May 26, 2012
pls i want to ask a question, i nid answers, Will they write 'online' on the certificate? If not i tink its ok once you are serious
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by keleto(m): 8:29pm On May 26, 2012
hey guys,who have an ideal about University os South Africa, UNISA. Am planing to take a course on process instrumentation der.is online,but u write the exama at the south africa embassy,here in nigeria. Pls advise me
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 26, 2012
you had better find out from NUC if they're fully recognized in Nigeria
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by exago(m): 8:46pm On May 26, 2012
Once attended one of their sessions in Nigeria, no difference from one who was on campus, you will have d opportunity of going over for graduation and online is not written on ur certificate.

2 Likes

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by dipoley2k(f): 9:02pm On May 26, 2012
[size=13pt]Online Learning MADE EASY(Finish up in Nigeria & travel to Finland for Graduation)[/size]
Scandinavian Art & Business Institute Finland
BACHELOR OF ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
DOCTOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (DBA)
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (PhD)

REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
We will need the following :
International passport page or other valid identity,o level result and 2 passport photo.

[size=15pt]For Enquires on Admission call :
Contact Nigeria (LADI) : 08062858628 or 07085734710
Email : overseasadmission@rosaad.com[/size]
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by keleto(m): 9:16pm On May 26, 2012
how do one find out from NUC if UNISA is recognised in nigeria
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by jmoore(m): 9:23pm On May 26, 2012
keleto: how do one find out from NUC if UNISA is recognised in nigeria

contact them via their website http://www.nuc.edu.ng/

1 Like

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by GBAGAUN1(m): 9:25pm On May 26, 2012
keleto: how do one find out from NUC if UNISA is recognised in nigeria
find out if it is recognised in south africa(which it is). NUC dnt regulate south african universities but Nigerians'
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by keleto(m): 9:44pm On May 26, 2012
unisa is highly is accredited and hihgly respected in south africa, but i dnt knw if nigerian employers wud recognise it.

1 Like

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by lifestyle1(m): 9:50pm On May 26, 2012
amossainty: What Do You Think About Online Degree ?

Is it good studying online ?

Yes its good.

Most of the things I know today, I learn them online....
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by wiseguy(m): 9:58pm On May 26, 2012
Easy Says who? Online degree is the most difficult. More difficult than being on campus. You wont understand till you start one. Very stressful. Infact forget about all the Owambe's by the time you start and pray to Almighty to give you the courage and determination to finish + make good grades. If you say its easy then you don't know exactly what it is. I am saying from experience. And its fully recognized both at home and abroad.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? / Project Topics And Materials In Medical Laboratory Science / As An Undergraduate How Much Do You Receive From Your Parents Monthly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.