Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,176 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

The Land Of The Wise Ruled By Fools And Idiots! Part 1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Land Of The Wise Ruled By Fools And Idiots! Part 1 (592 Views)

A Senate Of Fools, Blockheads, Ignoramuses And Idiots By Bayo Oluwasanmi / Opinion:senate Now Run By Fools And Idiots / Pastor Bakare Revolutionary Speech! - Nigerians Are Idiots Ruled By Fools! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Land Of The Wise Ruled By Fools And Idiots! Part 1 by TeekayAkin: 4:43pm On May 17, 2012
The Land of the Wise ruled by Fools and Idiots! Part 1

Sometimes around last year someone called Nigeria - A land of fools ruled by idiots. majority of the so ncalled Nigerians came out attacking, defending, fighting, went ballistic, they simply didn't like being referred to as fools notwithstanding that reality confirms this.

They went off on a tangent and lost the message and rather catered to their egos and sentiments.

Well, many have accused me of being to blunt, harsh direct, truthful etc with words. So this time around I'll cater to your sentiments, hence - Nigeria: The land of the wise ruled by fools and idiots.

I remember growing up in a christian family where we prayed for Nigeria and as well in churches. It was also on the prayer points, some even organised vigils, prayer sessions and still do till date.

We pray for our ''nation'', ''leaders''. We ask the bible and koran gods we were given to guide them, grant them knowledge and wisdom to rule well and make the nation better.

And this was even the case right from the days of the military rulers, coups at intervals, brutal rulership, high level of corruption etc BUT rather than rise and depose these tyrannies, we, the WISE prayed for them, called on the gods to remove them when it didn't seem like the plea for guidance and wisdom to rule was going anywhere.
And when a brutal leadership stepped aside it was a miracle, the drums were rolled out, the heavens and angels and vuigins (for those that have these in their heavens) rejoiced, danced and recorded a victory for their god - I wouldn't even go into which god claimed the victoty or probably it was a Joint Task Force between the gods, I'll let them fight it out.

Then the military fools were aside and a civilian idiot came into office, right in front of the Wise of my land. Well, the gods removed a fool for an idiot. It wasn't long though before the fools were favoured by the gods and the hardwork of the wise.

We, the wise did so much to restor this fool back into power, we weren't just fond of idiots, years of being ruled by fools had made us used to them in our highest of wisdoms, hence the return of our darling fool was very welcomed and a blessing!

That went on and wodn in history as one of the worst repressive regimes BUT still we the wise had it all figured out, we were just too wise to listen to anyone, learn and un-learn, we had it all figured out, we had all the answers, we were the custodians of wisdom!

We demonstrated those great attributes again, and when the fool in power died, it was our gods, the drums filled the streets, dancing and screams of joy, the wise patted themselves on the back, their wisdom had done it again!Some even attribute this to their gods, well I'm sure the heavens must have been glad, traffic stopped right there in heaven as Nigeria was on the mind of the gods again. Which of the gods? I'll refer you to my earlier take on this.

At this point we had it all mapped out with another fool, the one we would later praise for installing another colonial institution- DemocraZy - the best thing to ever happen since sliced bread.

We, the wise had this all worked out - all these years of chaos and problems, oppression and poverty, democraZy was the answer, that was the missing piece of the puzzle! And we ran to get us a fool to make that happen.

The stage was now set, another opportunity for we, the wise to flamboyantly display our rare gift of wisdom, and we ran, ran as fast as we could to get us our fool that we would convert into an idiot. Our love for fools, eh?It was a spectacle to behold, a miracle, a time to relax, dough in the oven awaiting the bread. Bread that would never come, till the doughgot rotten... but shhhh!!

Then ever since that fool turned idiot brought in his gangs and other idiots lying in the cut and woodwork all came out, filling up the leadership positions over we, the wise.

We just couldn't get enough of our darling idiots.

And twelve years ater the ''almighty formula'' called democraZy given to us by our slave/colonial masters was applied, everything has got worse, even worse than when the fools ruled. The regime of a fool that was once called the most brutal and corrupt now looked like it was run by saints and angels - the reason why the gods favoured them? Who knows!

by Teekay Akin (Akin Adeseye)

14/05/12

Continued in Part 2.

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=375497822487515

(1) (Reply)

The Picture Is Getting Clearer As The Script On The Salamigate Is Playing Out / My Good People Of Abia State! / What If Nigeria Will Never Get Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.