Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Wild African Naturescape Influenes - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wild African Naturescape Influenes (993 Views)

Couples Gone Wild / Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wild African Naturescape Influenes by 19naia(m): 3:01am On May 18, 2012
I lived in rural part of nigeria and i was always attracted to outdoors in the bush in my free time..My mates always called me crazy and feared the bush...i was deprived of african bush beauty being born abroad before coming to nigeria..i thought on arrival i will be in africa as 8 yr old boy with no more friends in people and i will befriend monkeys and no school for me because only bush dey for naija e.t.c.. this was my assumption at that age but also it was my hope and dream to enjoy simple wild life of strange new companionship....OH God i was into deppression as the aircraft approach airport with big highway and many yellow bus like the school buses in america...I recovered my disappointment quickly since my young mind grew well every day....So in my final settling in nigeria, i prefer to chase lizards and find the spiders and many other insects and even stopped to look close at snakes before running away...i would go in the bush and follow the stream of water for kilometers,i would go fishing with the poor village boys who fished the stream for food while i fished for fun but went home to eat market bought food.......Now i am back over seas 22 years since i left nigeria and the effect of that up bringing is with me...i have mannerisms that people do not understand in the akata cities, but then when i go out to wild out door environments,like the beach i go daily,it stands out as a strong survival quality of alertness and skill....many people come from cities to the beach for vacation in the quiet forest rural town i live,and many times they die or get injured there after just 1 day,whereas many locals who live there survive and enjoy it evryday for years....I was fortunate to be able to go out in the dangerous areas of oceanwaves and rocks and help save people and just endure with abilities to help others with risky environment..As such -people there all look to me as one of the prefered life guards there and wonder why i am like that,and i tell some i was an african bush boy who enjoyed the wild and jumping across the rocks and following the rivers looking at beauty while alert for danger....african wilds have the fastest predators waiting to teeth flesh and the biggest waiting to stampede bones and poisions waiting to overwhelm blood, and this is embedded in the restistance mechanisms africans have in their biological heritage...When i see always african origin people taking the prize for best runners,i always remeber the fastes predators that have chased africans for many generations forcing africans to be the best just to suvive..or when i see african origin people dominating so many phisical activities,i remeber the challenges that require acute hearing and eye sight and balance to perform at high level in basket ball ,football e.t.c it all comes from continuos exposure to the challenges africas wilds have.....When people go for escalator and elevator and drive moto every where and never go to know the wild environment everday unless bull dozer first clear the land then only will they enter;this makes people less in phyisical endurance and many modern countries having big health issue with being so fat because eating much food is so easy ,but work where you can sweat and breath big open air is rare,and efforts that task the body and open landscape to entertain the eyes and the wild risks to sharpen the senses, these things become rare in modern world and also when they become rare-it puts in danger the well being of the entire planet for all of humanity to survive...i remebr they say the first will be last and the last will be first in judgment time.....It goes in hand with africa being the last to make the so called "development leap" following the world race to make things so easy with little effort and challenge...And we see now almost too late ,that reversing the effects of the great european ideal of modern development is almost as big a task as developing an african nation.....Africa can still become a world leader in nature preservation rather than join the rat race of over devlopment and humans falling into biological frailty.......Development is the way to go,but how fast and in what manner -will determine if humans can survive in the world we change to make for ourselves when there are so many secrets to learn of in the world as it was made for us by the great provider from our origins...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by Fulaman198(m): 3:04am On May 18, 2012
19naia: I lived in rural part of nigeria and i was always attracted to outdoors in the bush in my free time..My mates always called me crazy and feared the bush...i was deprived of african bush beauty being born abroad before coming to nigeria..i thought on arrival i will be in africa as 8 yr old boy with no more friends in people and i will befriend monkeys and no school for me because only bush dey for naija e.t.c.. this was my assumption at that age but also it was my hope and dream to enjoy simple wild life of strange new companionship....OH God i was into deppression as the aircraft approach airport with big highway and many yellow bus like the school buses in america...I recovered my disappointment quickly since my young mind grew well every day....So in my final settling in nigeria, i prefer to chase lizards and find the spiders and many other insects and even stopped to look close at snakes before running away...i would go in the bush and follow the stream of water for kilometers,i would go fishing with the poor village boys who fished the stream for food while i fished for fun but went home to eat market bought food.......Now i am back over seas 22 years since i left nigeria and the effect of that up bringing is with me...i have mannerisms that people do not understand in the akata cities, but then when i go out to wild out door environments,like the beach i go daily,it stands out as a strong survival quality of alertness and skill....many people come from cities to the beach for vacation in the quiet forest rural town i live,and many times they die or get injured there after just 1 day,whereas many locals who live there survive and enjoy it evryday for years....I was fortunate to be able to go out in the dangerous areas of oceanwaves and rocks and help save people and just endure with abilities to help others with risky environment..As such -people there all look to me as one of the prefered life guards there and wonder why i am like that,and i tell some i was an african bush boy who enjoyed the wild and jumping across the rocks and following the rivers looking at beauty while alert for danger....african wilds have the fastest predators waiting to teeth flesh and the biggest waiting to stampede bones and poisions waiting to overwhelm blood, and this is embedded in the restistance mechanisms africans have in their biological heritage...When i see always african origin people taking the prize for best runners,i always remeber the fastes predators that have chased africans for many generations forcing africans to be the best just to suvive..or when i see african origin people dominating so many phisical activities,i remeber the challenges that require acute hearing and eye sight and balance to perform at high level in basket ball ,football e.t.c it all comes from continuos exposure to the challenges africas wilds have.....When people go for escalator and elevator and drive moto every where and never go to know the wild environment everday unless bull dozer first clear the land then only will they enter;this makes people less in phyisical endurance and many modern countries having big health issue with being so fat because eating much food is so easy ,but work where you can sweat and breath big open air is rare,and efforts that task the body and open landscape to entertain the eyes and the wild risks to sharpen the senses, these things become rare in modern world and also when they become rare-it puts in danger the well being of the entire planet for all of humanity to survive...i remebr they say the first will be last and the last will be first in judgment time.....It goes in hand with africa being the last to make the so called "development leap" following the world race to make things so easy with little effort and challenge...And we see now almost too late ,that reversing the effects of the great european ideal of modern development is almost as big a task as developing an african nation.....Africa can still become a world leader in nature preservation rather than join the rat race of over devlopment and humans falling into biological frailty.......Development is the way to go,but how fast and in what manner -will determine if humans can survive in the world we change to make for ourselves when there are so many secrets to learn of in the world as it was made for us by the great provider from our origins...

Waow, I read the first few sentences and started laughing, couldn't read anymore after the befriending Monkeys troll ROFLLLLLL
Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by firestar(f): 10:14am On May 18, 2012
grin
Mm~... O fellow kindred spirit of untamed unspoiled beauty.
Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:23am On May 18, 2012
quite dramatic, but not bad! grin grin

got some valid points/
Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by odumchi: 2:43pm On May 18, 2012
19naia: I lived in rural part of nigeria and i was always attracted to outdoors in the bush in my free time..My mates always called me crazy and feared the bush...i was deprived of african bush beauty being born abroad before coming to nigeria..i thought on arrival i will be in africa as 8 yr old boy with no more friends in people and i will befriend monkeys and no school for me because only bush dey for naija e.t.c.. this was my assumption at that age but also it was my hope and dream to enjoy simple wild life of strange new companionship....OH God i was into deppression as the aircraft approach airport with big highway and many yellow bus like the school buses in america...I recovered my disappointment quickly since my young mind grew well every day....So in my final settling in nigeria, i prefer to chase lizards and find the spiders and many other insects and even stopped to look close at snakes before running away...i would go in the bush and follow the stream of water for kilometers,i would go fishing with the poor village boys who fished the stream for food while i fished for fun but went home to eat market bought food.......Now i am back over seas 22 years since i left nigeria and the effect of that up bringing is with me...i have mannerisms that people do not understand in the akata cities, but then when i go out to wild out door environments,like the beach i go daily,it stands out as a strong survival quality of alertness and skill....many people come from cities to the beach for vacation in the quiet forest rural town i live,and many times they die or get injured there after just 1 day,whereas many locals who live there survive and enjoy it evryday for years....I was fortunate to be able to go out in the dangerous areas of oceanwaves and rocks and help save people and just endure with abilities to help others with risky environment..As such -people there all look to me as one of the prefered life guards there and wonder why i am like that,and i tell some i was an african bush boy who enjoyed the wild and jumping across the rocks and following the rivers looking at beauty while alert for danger....african wilds have the fastest predators waiting to teeth flesh and the biggest waiting to stampede bones and poisions waiting to overwhelm blood, and this is embedded in the restistance mechanisms africans have in their biological heritage...When i see always african origin people taking the prize for best runners,i always remeber the fastes predators that have chased africans for many generations forcing africans to be the best just to suvive..or when i see african origin people dominating so many phisical activities,i remeber the challenges that require acute hearing and eye sight and balance to perform at high level in basket ball ,football e.t.c it all comes from continuos exposure to the challenges africas wilds have.....When people go for escalator and elevator and drive moto every where and never go to know the wild environment everday unless bull dozer first clear the land then only will they enter;this makes people less in phyisical endurance and many modern countries having big health issue with being so fat because eating much food is so easy ,but work where you can sweat and breath big open air is rare,and efforts that task the body and open landscape to entertain the eyes and the wild risks to sharpen the senses, these things become rare in modern world and also when they become rare-it puts in danger the well being of the entire planet for all of humanity to survive...i remebr they say the first will be last and the last will be first in judgment time.....It goes in hand with africa being the last to make the so called "development leap" following the world race to make things so easy with little effort and challenge...And we see now almost too late ,that reversing the effects of the great european ideal of modern development is almost as big a task as developing an african nation.....Africa can still become a world leader in nature preservation rather than join the rat race of over devlopment and humans falling into biological frailty.......Development is the way to go,but how fast and in what manner -will determine if humans can survive in the world we change to make for ourselves when there are so many secrets to learn of in the world as it was made for us by the great provider from our origins...

This is expansive and at the same time concise and interesting. I like how you introduced a serious topic of discussion with smooth transition. You really have nice writing skills.

Anyway, I can also identify with your feelings towards these issues since I spent my first few years in rural Nigeria before moving abroad. I agree with what you're saying. Our relationship with the outdoors has a great effect on us. I also don't think that we (Africans) should leap head-first in the race for industrialization. I prefer Nigeria's landscape to be dominated by palm trees and tropical forests than for it to be filled with factories, multi-story concrete buildings and smoke-pumping plants.

May the road of progress never make us forget where we came from.

3 Likes

Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by firestar(f): 3:30pm On May 18, 2012
odumchi:

This is expansive and at the same time concise and interesting. I like how you introduced a serious topic of discussion with smooth transition. You really have nice writing skills.

Anyway, I can also identify with your feelings towards these issues since I spent my first few years in rural Nigeria before moving abroad. I agree with what you're saying. Our relationship with the outdoors has a great effect on us. I also don't think that we (Africans) should leap head-first in the race for industrialization. I prefer Nigeria's landscape to be dominated by palm trees and tropical forests than for it to be filled with factories, multi-story concrete buildings and smoke-pumping plants.

Word.

1 Like

Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by Fulaman198(m): 5:09pm On May 18, 2012
odumchi:

100% Agree I am forever a man of the Bush/Nigerian Sahel
Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by 19naia(m): 10:07pm On May 18, 2012
Ah you people make me feel like yes there is hope with this way of thinking and the value cause it does no good if only i have this thought and feeling...i know somebody laughed at my youthful ignorance about monkeys there,but i must agree cause i laugh also at my past mistakes and cry very few times for other mistakes i made.....i hope to fufil my plans to get back into Naija by the end of 2013...plenty time ahead for me to properly prepare....

2 Likes

Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by Fulaman198(m): 10:23pm On May 18, 2012
19naia: Ah you people make me feel like yes there is hope with this way of thinking and the value cause it does no good if only i have this thought and feeling...i know somebody laughed at my youthful ignorance about monkeys there,but i must agree cause i laugh also at my past mistakes and cry very few times for other mistakes i made.....i hope to fufil my plans to get back into Naija by the end of 2013...plenty time ahead for me to properly prepare....

Those tears will be turned to smiles my brother, I am glad you acknowledge tradition though
Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by tpia5: 10:58pm On May 18, 2012
could you introduce paragraphs into the write up?
Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by Nobody: 3:47am On May 19, 2012
Applause! Taking this with me...

And we see now almost too late ,that reversing the effects of the great european ideal of modern development is almost as big a task as developing an african nation.....Africa can still become a world leader in nature preservation rather than join the rat race of over devlopment and humans falling into biological frailty.......Development is the way to go,but how fast and in what manner -will determine if humans can survive in the world we change to make for ourselves when there are so many secrets to learn of in the world as it was made for us by the great provider from our origins...
Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by ifyalways(f): 11:47am On May 19, 2012
Nice write up but i HATE(excuse me) wild life.My husband says its fear and these days im begining to agree with him. . .i had a friend who got bite by a snake back in the days and unfortunately she died days later either from the poison or tetanus(she was out with friends when the incident happened,all kids and they had the wisdom of offering her first aid of spit and sand) and i think that somehow made me equate wildlife with death and danger.
My sons however love wildlife and taking them to the Lekki conservation centre each week is a nightmare for me though i must confess its a nice place if i would just stop being paranoid.lol
Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by Fulaman198(m): 5:10pm On May 19, 2012
ifyalways: Nice write up but i HATE(excuse me) wild life.My husband says its fear and these days im begining to agree with him. . .i had a friend who got bite by a snake back in the days and unfortunately she died days later either from the poison or tetanus(she was out with friends when the incident happened,all kids and they had the wisdom of offering her first aid of spit and sand) and i think that somehow made me equate wildlife with death and danger.
My sons however love wildlife and taking them to the Lekki conservation centre each week is a nightmare for me though i must confess its a nice place if i would just stop being paranoid.lol

The issue is this, wildlife is ok as long as you have the necessary hospitals in a relatively close distance, and those hospitals need to have the anti-venom for snakes in the area. That is one thing Westerners do well I admit. They even have helicopters to pick up people who are bitten by snakes if a hospital is an hour away.
Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:43pm On May 19, 2012
westerners will first kill all the animals in the area to make it safe. . tongue
Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by Fulaman198(m): 7:59pm On May 19, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
westerners will first kill all the animals in the area to make it safe. . tongue

LOL they usually do that then 10 years later down the road they make these "protection laws" against the animals they slaughtered in the first place

1 Like

Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:00pm On May 19, 2012
Fulaman198:

LOL they usually do that then 10 years later down the road they make these "protection laws" against the animals they slaughtered in the first place

so typical of them. .

1 Like

Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by Ptolomeus(m): 6:49pm On May 22, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Well, try to see the positive ...
As a counterpart they left the Bible and the Koran.
(Irony).

3 Likes

Re: Wild African Naturescape Influenes by tpiadotcom: 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
You should rearrange the write up so it can be clearer.

I think I remember you now, you said you used to be in SA or was it central?

And what about tadpoles, didn't you grow those or watch them turn into frogs?

(1) (Reply)

Hw Much Is to Be Spent By An Averag Man To Perform Traditional Marriage Rite ? / Alaska State In USA 3rd To Legalize Marijuana A.k.a Canabies / The Beauty Of Wigs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.