Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? (1102 Views)

Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Synagogue Church Of All Nations Caught Selling Fake Miracles In Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by fubbyy(m): 12:36pm On May 18, 2012
I'v heard this a lot and never believed it till I witnessed it yesterday.
a friend of mine's aunt was in a labor and was taken to a clinic (name withheld) here in ph, the doctor said she would go through operation in order to have safe delivery or else she would die, just few minutes to the operation, the lady requested to speak with her pastor before the operation commences, the doc get annoyed that if care is not taken that she would loose her life,after some argument the doctor ask the husband to call the pastor and let him know so he will continue with his job(operation) when the pastor was called, he instructed that the woman should not be operated till he gets there, we informed the doctor about the pastor's opinion, he shouted " arrant nonsense" before we know it, the pastor arrived with 2 other prayer warriors, but was not allowed inside the theatre, he gave a small bottle of water (which might be holy water) 2 a nurse to give the woman to drink, the doctor said it wasn't necessary, that it wasn't medical,before we know what's going on the pastor and his crew has started a serious prayer even some born again nurses joined them while the woman kept screaming inside the theatre, the more the prayer the more the woman scream, five minutes later a nurse inside the theatre rushed out to call the doctor from his office where he sadly went to when the pastors start praying, he came out and walk sluggishly inside the theatre as the woman's conditions get worst, few minutes later she delivered a baby, you need to see how sad the doctor looks while every1 was happy (including nurses) the husband wanted talking to the doctor, he shouted with anger .. Your wife has delivered , fine ,so go and clear your bills and take her away from here, it was obvious that the doc wasn't happy, is it because he didn't get as much money he would ve got or what?
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Avicenna: 12:54pm On May 18, 2012
fubbyy: I'v heard this a lot and never believed it till I witnessed it yesterday.
a friend of mine's aunt was in a labor and was taken to a clinic (name withheld) here in ph, the doctor said she would go through operation in order to have safe delivery or else she would die, just few minutes to the operation, the lady requested to speak with her pastor before the operation commences, the doc get annoyed that if care is not taken that she would loose her life,after some argument the doctor ask the husband to call the pastor and let him know so he will continue with his job(operation) when the pastor was called, he instructed that the woman should not be operated till he gets there, we informed the doctor about the pastor's opinion, he shouted " arrant nonsense" before we know it, the pastor arrived with 2 other prayer warriors, but was not allowed inside the theatre, he gave a small bottle of water (which might be holy water) 2 a nurse to give the woman to drink, the doctor said it wasn't necessary, that it wasn't medical,before we know what's going on the pastor and his crew has started a serious prayer even some born again nurses joined them while the woman kept screaming inside the theatre, the more the prayer the more the woman scream, five minutes later a nurse inside the theatre rushed out to call the doctor from his office where he sadly went to when the pastors start praying, he came out and walk sluggishly inside the theatre as the woman's conditions get worst, few minutes later she delivered a baby, you need to see how sad the doctor looks while every1 was happy (including nurses) the husband wanted talking to the doctor, he shouted with anger .. Your wife has delivered , fine ,so go and clear your bills and take her away from here, it was obvious that the doc wasn't happy, is it because he didn't get as much money he would ve got or what?

It's just sad. When you are trying to prove there is nothing like a miracle and sheer chance kicks you in the balls.
That woman had been brainwashed. The signs she gave was that there is no way she could have delivered normally. The next thing would be a caesarian operation. But after a psychological boost from the pastor( a sheer mind trick), she got more energy and was even more resolute to deliver.
As a medical student, this things are common. They are not miracles. That's why most doctors will remain skeptical about this explainable 'miracles'. The doctor was probably angry because he was trying to prove them wrong and the weak woman decided to be strong enough to deliver.
This just gave me an idea. Using mind tricks on pregnant women. Maybe it will even reduce maternal mortality.
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by logicboy: 1:15pm On May 18, 2012
Avicenna:

It's just sad. When you are trying to prove there is nothing like a miracle and sheer chance kicks you in the balls.
That woman had been brainwashed. The signs she gave was that there is no way she could have delivered normally. The next thing would be a caesarian operation. But after a psychological boost from the pastor( a sheer mind trick), she got more energy and was even more resolute to deliver.
As a medical student, this things are common. They are not miracles. That's why most doctors will remain skeptical about this explainable 'miracles'. The doctor was probably angry because he was trying to prove them wrong and the weak woman decided to be strong enough to deliver.
This just gave me an idea. Using mind tricks on pregnant women. Maybe it will even reduce maternal mortality.

It will not. Such "miracles" will only lead people to their deaths. The woman was lucky. What about the other 75% that would die if they didnt listen to their doctors.
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Enigma(m): 1:29pm On May 18, 2012
@ OP

Incidents of 'miracle' healing and recovery are actually often reported as having occurred even in hospitals in Western countries.

There are several examples but below are just two.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1306283/Miracle-premature-baby-declared-dead-doctors-revived-mothers-touch.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024086/Harry-Potter-actress-13-comes-dead-priest-puts-holy-water-head.html

cool
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by fubbyy(m): 1:35pm On May 18, 2012
@ Avicenna, there is an element of truth in what you said, psychologically uplifting can make a weak pregnant woman delivered safely but that doesn't mean that this one must be so, I personally believe its a miracle.
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by drake99: 1:39pm On May 18, 2012
This is a pure miracle, I know these atheists will say other wise but I have said it the way it is.
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Avicenna: 2:32pm On May 18, 2012
logicboy:

It will not. Such "miracles" will only lead people to their deaths. The woman was lucky. What about the other 75% that would die if they didnt listen to their doctors.
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by LongOne1(m): 4:06pm On May 18, 2012
Bad for business, maybe?

If the impossible became possible, some ‘atheists or doubters’ may believe the Doctors original analysis was wrong – just a thought.
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Joagbaje(m): 5:06pm On May 19, 2012
logicboy:

and what about the 75% who had died in the hands of doctors because the problem was spiritual.
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by logicboy: 11:12pm On May 19, 2012
Joagbaje:

and what about the 75% who had died in the hands of doctors because the problem was spiritual.

Spiritual death? What killed them? Juju? You must be on some good hallucinogen!
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Joagbaje(m): 11:40pm On May 19, 2012
logicboy:

Spiritual death? What killed them? Juju? You must be on some good hallucinogen!

You must be under JuJucilogen
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by logicboy: 11:44pm On May 19, 2012
Joagbaje:

You must be under JuJucilogen

You mad? Omo, Laugh wan kill me die! I didnt know you could be funny at times!! Nice reply!

grin grin grin grin

But being serious, there is no spiritual death. r you could say that I am spiritually dead as an atheist because I dont believe in spirits!
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Joagbaje(m): 11:56pm On May 19, 2012
logicboy:
But being serious, there is no spiritual death. r you could say that I am spiritually dead as an atheist because I dont believe in spirits!

how much study have you made on spirits. To understand or disprove their existence. Have you ever thought of the chances of being wrong? . Supposing. . . Just supposing you're wrong.

But the point I' try to get across is the fact that most human sicknesses are demonic .doctors can't find demons in a lab. .
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by logicboy: 12:17am On May 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

how much study have you made on spirits. To understand or disprove their existence. Have you ever thought of the chances of being wrong? . Supposing. . . Just supposing you're wrong.

But the point I' try to get across is the fact that most human sicknesses are demonic .doctors can't find demons in a lab. .

Name one demonic sickeness?
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Joagbaje(m): 4:07pm On May 20, 2012
Every sickness can be demonic. But every sickness may not be demonic. A man may have malaria and have it caused by mosquitoes yet another malaria case can be. Deadly and demonic. Which will defy medical knowledge
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by logicboy: 4:31pm On May 20, 2012
Joagbaje: Every sickness can be demonic. But every sickness may not be demonic. A man may have malaria and have it caused by mosquitoes yet another malaria case can be. Deadly and demonic. Which will defy medical knowledge

Are you serious?
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by 2good(m): 4:33pm On May 20, 2012
Joagbaje: Every sickness can be demonic. But every sickness may not be demonic. A man may have malaria and have it caused by mosquitoes yet another malaria case can be. Deadly and demonic. Which will defy medical knowledge

Uncle Joe please stop this madness. You are really sound confused like you always are and its bad for the gullible followers who have lost the will to reason with their brain and would rather listen to hallucinator like you.
How many complicated disease are detected in Nigeria? When someone have cancer and cannot be detected by the convectional means which the Nigerian doctors uses in treating people, they say the problem is spiritual attack. When someone have neuron problem, they say its spiritual attack. Its just so crazy that you guys do not think that the best way to solve your problem is by studying them and proposing a relevant realistic solution rather than ascribing solution to a non existing god and calling it spiritual. It shows how lazy you Christians are in mental reasoning.
With all your spiritual interventions, life expectancy in Nigeria is 47 years which is 30% below world average of 67 years.
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 20, 2012
As usual, that which defies the crap medical knowledge available in Nigeria is demonic... next you'll be showing us a verse from the Bible that 'confirms' this crap you just posted..
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 20, 2012

lmao, you can't eat your cake and have it too!!
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 20, 2012
Martian:

lmao, you can't eat your cake and have it too!!

Actually, you can by the power of the Holy Ghost...
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 20, 2012
musKeeto:
Actually, you can by the power of the Holy Ghost...

I thought it was holy spirit, or is the holy ghost a holy person who died? Holy cow!
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by fubbyy(m): 6:39pm On May 21, 2012
There are spiritual problems , simple and short,infact doctor has once told som1 I know to go and seek for a spiritual help(after all his trial to cure him) although there are few doctors who can admit to that there some case which is spiritual but almost all of them know that such thing exist but can't admit to it
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Avicenna: 12:21am On May 22, 2012
^the bastard is more of a businessman than a doctor. How dare him refer a patient to a native doctor? Not any of the advance diagnostic centers in the country or outside? Bloody quack. angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Nobody: 1:52am On May 22, 2012
Like I said, when you attend universities that have more religious fellowships than academic clubs, what else do you expect?
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by fubbyy(m): 8:44am On May 22, 2012
Even those doctors do seek for spiritual intervention for them selves and for their families,when they discover that their problem wasn't medical, let me ask you, if you are a doctor and your child suddenly develop a sickness which you have done everything you could,took him/her all over the world and nothing could be detected(your fellow docs will tell you truth) will you bring him home and dump him while you know there is a plan B, let's tell ourselves the truth, some certain things are spiritual
Re: Why Do (some)doctors Hate Seeing Miracles In There Hospitals? by Nobody: 9:21am On May 22, 2012
fubbyy: Even those doctors do seek for spiritual intervention for them selves and for their families,when they discover that their problem wasn't medical, let me ask you, if you are a doctor and your child suddenly develop a sickness which you have done everything you could,took him/her all over the world and nothing could be detected(your fellow docs will tell you truth) will you bring him home and dump him while you know there is a plan B, let's tell ourselves the truth, some certain things are spiritual
Based on this logic, spiritual begins where reason fails.. so the more reason exceeds, spirituality recedes..

I FULLY AGREE..

(1) (Reply)

Oneness Of God Of Different Religions / LHC will create Bottomless Pit? / 2go Girl Sleeping With Me In Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.