Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Photo Of Former U.S. First Lady And Two Nigerian Great Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Former U.S. First Lady And Two Nigerian Great Politicians (4697 Views)

What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? / Photos: Two Nigerian Newspapers Make March 28 Projections / Quotes From Nigerian Great Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Former U.S. First Lady And Two Nigerian Great Politicians by docokwy(m): 7:03pm On May 18, 2012
United States former First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt with Kingsley Ozumba Mbadiwe and Mazi Mbonu Ojike at the African Dance Festival held at the Carnegie Hall Art Gallery in New York on December 14, 1943

Re: Photo Of Former U.S. First Lady And Two Nigerian Great Politicians by docokwy(m): 7:04pm On May 18, 2012
First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt with Kingsley Ozumba
Mbadiwe and Mazi Mbonu Ojike at the African Dance Festival held at the Carnegie Hall Art Gallery in New York on December 14, 1943
— with Hugh Okoro, Herbert Ekwe-Ekwe, Emeka Amanze, emeka smanzze, 'Kanayo Ede, Mbonu Ojike and Nick Nwauda.

14 people like this.
4 shares
Don Pedro Okojie Sir Ambrose this is a million dollar picture. Looking at their dressing, you will never dispute that they were kings in their days. Its beautiful(am lost for words to describe them)
31 October 2010 at 03:23 · 4
Tobechukwu Justice Ehirim
These Orlu men dreamt dreams, they did their bests to lead Nigeria out of Colonialism they had plans for the future of the country and diretion but unfortunately, the Real Leaders of the Nigerian Independence Struggle were shortchanged in the scheme of things and their good ideas, patriotic dreams and aspirations for a Greater Nigeria never took effective root in the Nigeria that eventually emerged because Vagabonds highjacked the country the laboured for, Greed,Treachery, Nepotism, Brigandage, Tribalism took over, Mbonu Ojike lost out,his homeboy and associate, K.O. felt betrayed and as a result, till the end, played a Rebel to the mainstream NCNC......
31 October 2010 at 04:47 · 2
Ambrose Ehirim
@Oga Pedro: Are you telling me? Take another closer look at the picture and imagine how bold and fearless these guys took the situation at a particular time Japan was tearing up the Pacific states and United States still not sure of the battle in Europe and a broke Britain from trying to defeat Hitler in what Hitler had begun by invading Poland. And these bold and fearless folks were in their 20s at a time we barely knew what civilization was all about...See where Britain panicked?. Here K. O. Mbadiwe was the President of the Academy of African Arts and Research which presented the festival while Mbonu Ojike was visiting from the University of Chicago, representing African students.
31 October 2010 at 10:19
John Nwaobi Undisputed truth of leadership....oh Britain!
31 October 2010 at 11:04 · 1
Moe Ene ‎@Ambrose: What did you expect; they learnt from the master: Zik. They were great American Africans of the Second Coming.
31 October 2010 at 12:19 · 1
Ambrose Ehirim ‎@Dr. Ene, Without question, Zik was the architect of Nigeria's national state despite the flaws which is what most of us, if not alll, haven't been able to address appropriate terms.
31 October 2010 at 14:00
Ambrose Ehirim Meant most of us haven't been able to address in appropriate terms...
31 October 2010 at 14:04
Nick Nwauda This were men who were both patriotic and visionery, make me sick to my stomach today when i read all thing people singing the praises of pretenders like goodluck Jonathan to be president of the Country this men gave their sweat for, or for Mbonu Ejike who gave his own blood for Igbo Unity.they must be turning in theirs grave when he see some of the socalled Igbo leaders of today who are nothing but pretenders and money bags.
31 October 2010 at 14:10 · 1
Ambrose Ehirim Nnamdi, I weep for Nd'Igbo and the entire Nigeria!
31 October 2010 at 14:20
Etim Eyo Ambrose... Ok just one question; When were you planning to share this photo with the Nostalgia Group? Please O I am begging you now ..we need to learn about these individuals - Thanks
22 November 2010 at 17:55 · 1
Ambrose Ehirim Oga Etim abeg no vex...I go shoot to you quick quick oo before una declare man MIA...
22 November 2010 at 18:56
KC Emeagi Great Pix! Thanks for sharing.
16 April 2011 at 11:10 · 1
Gene Moweta Where in the world can i get this outfit ?I''ll pay a million dollars 2 get one.
21 May 2011 at 21:40 · 1
Herbert Ekwe-Ekwe Focused, Determined, Purposeful... The resource and opportunity to transform Igboland, Africa, to an advanced civilisation for ourselves and the world at large are firmly within our hands - not anyone else's. We will surely achieve this goal. Yes, this generation will achieve this goal. This is the enduring message of this poise of the Mbadiwe-Ojike duo!
22 May 2011 at 12:44 · 1
Moe Ene Prof, I want to hold on to "the enduring message"; but, sixty-seven years after that photo.. (67!), we are still sitting on our hands. NOTE: The incumbent First Lady has Igbo blood flowing through her veins!
23 May 2011 at 09:45 · 1
Herbert Ekwe-Ekwe Odogwu, you've indeed inserted the Fanonian imperative in the proceedings! 67 years... Our generation cannot but take note... Daaaa luuuu o
23 May 2011 at 12:59 · 1
Uzodinma Atuanya Ponder on this: SOUTH EASTERN REGIONAL ECONOMIC COUNCIL. Merging all the igbo state economies into one with rail networks traversing the entire igbo land. Tinubu has set something similar and has appointed a planning commission to roll out plans for the next century.
6 August 2011 at 01:19
Uzodinma Atuanya Asiwaju bola ahmed tinubu!.
6 August 2011 at 01:20
Re: Photo Of Former U.S. First Lady And Two Nigerian Great Politicians by babapupa: 9:03pm On May 18, 2012
Were they comedians or jesters or Arabs?

(1) (Reply)

Planned S/west Integration Awaits Legislatures' Nod / Breaking News: Jimoh Ibrahim(PDP) & Olusola Oke(PDP) Decamped To APC? / Live Result From TVC News....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.