Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here (8590 Views)

Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here / How To Be Young And Successful - Nigerian Career / Where Are My Hr Professionals: Lets Unite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by olanajim(m): 10:50am On Nov 24, 2007
Nazzyon,

there is such a body. But it is not a club. They are presently working on going public and it was an initiative of Nigerian Society of Engineers. Meanwhile you can attend the NSE programme and join the chapter that suit your field.

If you need further info on that you can email me at oracle_nj@yahoo.com
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by olanajim(m): 11:07am On Nov 24, 2007
Spora,
that is a good business you are in. Why not post an advert near NASS, I am sure you will make alot of money expecially if there is a recurrence of ettehgate. What do you think? Another place is the Nigerian Police headquarter. As you are aware, christmas is nearer and they would need to take care of their colleagues that would surrender to stray bullets of Armed Robbers. Finally it would do you a lot of good to have an office on Lagos-Ibadan express way. You would make a cool money.

skyope,

it is part of the challenge. As an IT student, what you are witnessing should not discourage you at all. You must open your eyes and learn as fast as you can. Who knows, you may one day become a part of the solution to the rot in the system. Don't ever be discouraged.

Oyinbos are being hired because our people don't have the requisite technical exposure to man the job. At time, brain would be there but money would be absense. Since the oyinbos spent their money to put the thing in place, it is just natural that put there people there to monitor their investments.
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by sinaoye(m): 11:49am On Nov 24, 2007
our people are talented and gifted. all we need is the right environment to develop our skills. companies should be encouraged to employ fresh graduates. there are a lot of things u learn on the field that cannot be acquired in the classroom.
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by leanfrost(m): 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2007
am an Accounting student and i wish to inform guys in this forum that it is high time we started coming to gether every and create a group according to profession and develop sth big for our dear country.
can i get some posting from guys of Accounting so that we might learn from each other?.
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by MsCee(f): 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2007
I'm a young, recently appointed manager of a human resources and marketing consultancy firm
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by chaj(m): 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2007
Professional proofreader/ editor
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by dablessed(f): 1:00am On Nov 25, 2007
Very interesting, quite educating too, at least i now know what coren is all about, well done first poster,

@ poster number 18, you could try using an accounting package for your "matching invoicing with payment task".   Quickbooks software is a good one,

@ Poster, i don't know your age definition of 'young professionals' but if i qualify at 31, then i am glad to say that i am a Certified Accountant by profession, hmmm, quite challenging a profession but could be fun too,  ALL THE ACCOUNTANTS IN THE HOUSE, WAVE YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR

Where are the architects, the neurosurgeons, paediatricians, solicitors, geologists, artists et al? We seem to have mainly accountants and engineers dominating the house? Holla!!! Everyone else,
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by labamba(m): 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2007
Hi all ,
I've been more of a passive observer and only contribute when interest is kindled (actually find lots of posts interesting and funny, too) and purpose defined like this piece.
I'm a Network expert in the telco world with specialty in the Core area e.g Switching systems and core network applications. Do have certain preference for some database administration and delving into Solaris OS fully (actually run my sys on that)
Wouldn't mind trading info with anyone and everyone , have interests in everything and motivated out of curiousity and info search

thanks
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by lynxnoon(m): 3:22pm On Nov 25, 2007
angry angryNa wah oh Not even 1 medical personnel!!
any room 4 a medico here
am a medical doctor n currently doing my internship in milt. hospital lagos
am also interested in infotech stuff
cheesy cheesy
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by chichimma(f): 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2007
Hi all,

I am a label (digital) manager, just started a few months ago.
The function entails managing everything that involves the labels of the record company.
Let me give some examples: license request, negotiating, place orders, direct contact with stakeholders, digital and physical distribution, research among others.
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by blueband(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2007
I am a medical doctor working in Forensic Psychiatry!
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by dada22(m): 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2007
HEY PEOPLE,NICE TO MEET MA FELLOW ACCOUNTANTS HERE.I'M AN ICAN STUDENT(PE3),HOPE 2 MEET DA PEOPLE DAT WILL CHANGE DA FACE OF DA PROFESSION POSITIVELY.
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by ininathan(m): 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2007
I play rugby anyone who is interested in learning new skill (the game) can contact me it a social sport it helps a lot when u leave the shore .
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by dablessed(f): 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2007
Nice to see more professionals on board, Welcome y'all,

Where are the auto experts, pilots, et al?
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by howfar2: 11:22pm On Nov 25, 2007
Am a graduate of civil engineering,also a postgraduate student of information systems and looking forward to do a degree in social science.As for how to join the registered body,well dont know much about the way it is done in nigeria but if u want to know about the ones outside i could be of help.cheers
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by Scopium: 7:01am On Nov 26, 2007
chichimma:

Hi all,

I am a label (digital) manager, just started a few months ago.
The function entails managing everything that involves the labels of the record company.
Let me give some examples: license request, negotiating, place orders, direct contact with stakeholders, digital and physical distribution, research among others.

[size=13pt]That's very interesting. Let's say I'm an artist manque, I still fancy stuffs in the music industries[/size]
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by dapsins69(m): 7:18am On Nov 26, 2007
Am a "to-be-chattered" accountant.

Any other proffessional collegue in the house?
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by bolakale1(f): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2007
I have a diploma in law from university of Abuja and also an ND in Estate Management form Moshood Abiola Polytechnic,but i am presently working in a Bank,i have an intention of going back to school to finish my HND so that i can come to the market and pratice what i have actually studied but i acquired two acres of land in abeokuta to start an Agricultural  business but i wont lie to you i still have some fear in me to start up the business ''well let me say its the fear of the unknown''i dont know how it will work out but i believe when i share my ideas with intelligent people on Nairaland i will knowlegdely blessed,please let me meet the young and upcoming professionals too,i have so many idaes also to share.
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by bolakale1(f): 8:02am On Nov 26, 2007
Dont you think we should think more of creating more jobs rather than been employees to other people or been pest around some employers who pay off peanuts after stealing all the good the ideas in us
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by diyobdw(f): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2007
bolakale1:

Dont you think we should think more of creating more jobs rather than been employees to other people or been pest around some employers who pay off peanuts after stealing all the good the ideas in us

As much as it is better to call the shot and be the boss, not all of us can be a good bosses or run a biz. More so some people would still have to work for us if we create our own thing cheesy.
But those who can should and be a good bosses and not steal the shine from employers or treat employee like trash! angry
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by tinkerbery(f): 10:33am On Nov 26, 2007
Hi guys, i am a civil engineering graduate , and still looking for a firm where i can practice my proffession especially in design and on site, being out there and excuses i get from most places i have being, am good at whatever i set i mind to do and i dont want to work in another field, apart from what i studied, sounds stupid? yeah right, any help or job offers? i have worked before in a construction industry, but we all know that there are no job security, working with a construction firm,
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by cecegorz(m): 10:33am On Nov 26, 2007
I am an IT professional (Application Management/technical support) working in a bank presently and i'm planning to go into core networking/Communications because i believe in being dynamic and versatile.
It's real fun for me because it has always been my passion right from school, though i studied Industrial Chemistry.
I get challenged/inspired by Mitchel Elegbe of Interswitch, he worked with Telnet before floating Interswitch and i intend to float my own IT company in the near future too.

Since professionals are people of integrity, can we all please update our profiles by uploading our pictures or what do u think?
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by lawyer(m): 11:26am On Nov 26, 2007
I am a music lawyer and i help musicians get the best deals in a music contracts as it relates to their royalties, percentage sharing between the label, distributor and producers, distribution of the musical works, how long the musician should be tied to the record label, the negotiation of the highest sign up fees, , merchandizing, branding, protection of the songwriters and performance works through registration and licensing of these musical lyrics to movie studios, company jingles and foreign companies and most especially help in collection of royalties from radio and music stations. In short i help musicians not get screwed by the labels or multi national companies who come in the form of sponsors because of their ignorance of signing a recording contract that mortgages their future! wink
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by angelempy(f): 11:36am On Nov 26, 2007
quote from eniboy.
hi people:

I want to say a big thank you to the poster of this topic, you're great.

well my name is Eniola. i am an Investment Analyst. Its really challenging for me too, just like it is for you too in the aspect of managing PEOPLE my friend its not easy thats all i can say. but the job is intresting because u make m,

lets have people's opinion on how beta to manage/guard our profession.

i have ideas for investment plans. i didnt know there was a profession as investment analysis. how does one go about studying for dat course?
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by tenik: 11:58am On Nov 26, 2007
Am a creative consultant, have been into presentation and advertising, well its bn very ethic i,ll say but very profitable, u get endless contacts and connection but the challenges are huge. it could really be scary at times if you r not experienced to handle the situation. i am branding myself well to help better production and marketing strategies in Nigeria then prpbably delve into communication. Showbiz is really adventurous
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by penfold(m): 12:58pm On Nov 26, 2007
@sinaoye
am a civil/structural engineer too, am into design majorly, it was interesting to read about your site challenges, i really feel you,because ave had quite a number of experiences like that too, which schoold did u finish from and when, am from UI (CLASS OF 2002) do u know anything about NIStructE, ICE, AISCE, those are shortcuts to getting your COREN stamp rather than going through the highly politicised NSE, which software are u familiar with? STAAD PRO, RISA 3D, SCALE, CADSRC, CADS STEEL, and of course AutoCAD,

Am quite interested in the lamella technique you mentioned,i did some Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) design for Coca Cola in Apapa, Owerri and Asejire and i'd like to compare our methods with yours!!

holla back and lets rub minds!!!

@timkerberry
from your post i infer that you're a graduate of civil engineering, if you finished with a 2:1, can work in lagos and under 30 email your CV to titemi_ni@yahoo.com before thursday with a note that u're tinkerberry from nairaland, it would also help if you can scan your credentials and attach it to the CV.
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by sinaoye(m): 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2007
@sinaoye
am a civil/structural engineer too, am into design majorly, it was interesting to read about your site challenges, i really feel you,because ave had quite a number of experiences like that too, which schoold did u finish from and when, am from UI (CLASS OF 2002) do u know anything about NIStructE, ICE, AISCE, those are shortcuts to getting your COREN stamp rather than going through the highly politicised NSE, which software are u familiar with? STAAD PRO, RISA 3D, SCALE, CADSRC, CADS STEEL, and of course AutoCAD,

Am quite interested in the lamella technique you mentioned,i did some Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) design for Coca Cola in Apapa, Owerri and Asejire and i'd like to compare our methods with yours!!

holla back and lets rub minds!!!

[quote][/quote]
My first job with the company was the construction of an effluent treatment plant for guiness in benin. i am not familiar with NIStructE, ICE, AISCE and the softwares u mentioned, can i buy these softwares and learn on my own or do i need special training?
the lamella clarifier are plastic plates formed at an angle of 45 degrees. these allows clarified water to rise to the surface without taking the sludge with it. a sludge blanket is formed below the plates which is removed through the automatic desludge valve.
i will try and post some pictures soon.
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by Lola4eva(f): 2:15pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hi y'all, nice thread, anyways im a graduate of accounting, hope to be chartered come next year, presently im into financial analysis and i really hope to go far in this field. One day i hope to be a Chartered financial analyst  (CFA)and work for the leading investment banks in the country. wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by damsteph: 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hey,

I directed my post to KOYE a computer eng. am also in the professional platform, i will like to meet you and others in the same prof with us. Lets share knowledge, hope to meet u soon

Regards
Dammie
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by unicorn99: 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Poster, thanks a bunch for this thread. Good to know we are keeping up with recent global developments in water/ wastewater treatment in Nigeria i.e the Lamella Clarifier.

I'm a Civil Engr as well. I was into designs then later went out on site (housing projects). The issue as regards site workers  is something we will always have to deal with as people are different and we need to manage whatever skills/ workers we have to attain our goals. I strongly feel knowledge/ people management should be include in the school curriculum. My main problem with engineering in Nigeria is that, after spending donkey years and cracking your head thru engrn school, u graduate to earn 30k per month (except shell, MTN and co.) , its really painful. I left engr and went into banking, my salary as a starter was about 3 times my former pay. Thank God i'm back in the engineering field now, due to further self development though i'm into a not too popular sector now.

@sinaoye,

the softwares are available, some are quite expensive tho, but they are around, u may/will need to get a few tips form other users but u can always get round them. They help with analysis, design and detailing of your work.

@bolakale1

Many of us fail to realise that we are taught to be good employees in school (at least under the current Nigerian school system). I fully support you in that as young professionals, we should look beyond the 30 days make 1 pay syndrome and seek to be employers of labour as well. Being an employee can make you rich not wealthy and also we should remember that he who pays you a salary of 100 naira makes at least double of that through your services.
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by jaybee3(m): 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ angel _empy
You can get into investment analysis with any numerate degree i.e (Any engineering degree cos of the maths content and engineer's structured way of thinking) or the old fashion economics or perhaps MSc in Investment Banking.
Determination prevails
Re: Young And Upcoming Professionals, Lets Meet Here by zimba315(m): 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2007
am an accountant and i do work in d bank,omo if i tell u it has not been easy go to work as early as 7.00am going home around 10pm, monday to friday even some weekend u go personnally to finish ur unfinished once,thank God we dont operate saturday banking that what saves us.it has been ethic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Challenges Facing Young Entrepreneur In Nigeria / Ican To Release November 2017 Diet Exam Result January 18th, 2018 / Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist, Or Medical Lab. Scientist. . . Which?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.