Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,924 members, 7,956,470 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:32 PM

Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 (27197 Views)

Cow Takes A Ride In Honda Accord 2007 / Pros And Cons Of Rx 300 / The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by eluquenson(m): 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nice information here, i intend going for this model asap
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by sisqology(m): 6:27am On Apr 20, 2017
Same here. Gazzuzz please advice. First time car owner
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
sisqology:
Same here. Gazzuzz please advice. First time car owner

None that I know of, have your suspension checked at least 1nce a year

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by micklplus(m): 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
i have been using accord right from Honda Halla and this isnt an exception. I got the 07 in june 2016 and there hasnt been any issue except occasional maintenance that is required of cars.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by sisqology(m): 12:13am On Apr 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

None that I know of, have your suspension checked at least 1nce a year

Boss please, so you advice Camry LE/XLE over DC? Naija used
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:24am On Apr 22, 2017
sisqology:

Boss please, so you advice Camry LE/XLE over DC? Naija used

I'll take the accord over the toyota.

5 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by sisqology(m): 12:28am On Apr 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Wow, thanks. Though, my road is bad(agbado) and I am thinking of durability too

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Observe27: 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
Any reason in particular?

GAZZUZZ:

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by dcole73: 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2018
Really interesting thread.

But nobody's mentioned anything about the transmission failure, noise or vibration of Honda Accords as experienced by many foreign users and it's expensive cost of repair/replacement. (saw many complaints online)

Does this mean it rarely occurs in Nigeria or is it due to poor maintenance by the users?

Experienced Honda Accord users, give some insight.

Pls enlighten me.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
dcole73:
Really interesting thread.

But nobody's mentioned anything about the transmission failure, noise or vibration of Honda Accords as experienced by many foreign users and it's expensive cost of repair/replacement. (saw many complaints online)

Does this mean it rarely occurs in Nigeria or is it due to poor maintenance by the users?

Experienced Honda Accord users, give some insight.

Pls enlighten me.

pally, transmission failure is still raging on, suspension parts are still failing everyday... what is obtainable in US is still obtainable in sokoto!

did u read how cleverly and tactful gazzuzz statement was? he never recommended any vehicle, even though that was the target of the question. he just told u his personal preference.! based on what? based on the fact that he can handle all the downsides of the accord with ease and still enjoy the 2 advantages the accord has over the Camry - torque and elegance/beauty! only 2 oh, if I begin to name the advantages of Camry over the accord as it pertains to us in Nigeria ehn, mods fit ban me!

6 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by dcole73: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

if I begin to name the advantages of Camry over the accord as it pertains to us in Nigeria ehn, mods fit ban me!

Bro, Pls do.

I have three loves.
Camry, corolla and Accord.

Seeing that the prices of Toyota cars have almost skyrocketed, I was looking into getting the Accord. (First time car owner)
And
I don't want to make a wrong decision.

So please give me some of those advantages of the Camry in Naija situation. At least, the ones that won't offend the mods.

Much appreciation in advance.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by lilkech(m): 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
dcole73:

Bro, Pls do.

I have three loves.

Seeing that the prices of Toyota cars have almost skyrocketed, I was looking into getting the Accord. (First time car owner)
And

So please give me some of those advantages of the Camry in Naija situation. At least, the ones that won't offend the mods.

If you’re a careless person sometimes you should get that Toyota

If you’re a careful person ALL THE TIME then go get you a Honda

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:31am On Jan 22, 2018
dcole73:

Bro, Pls do.

I have three loves.

And

bros as for me oh, I'll go for the corolla.
higher resale value, moderate maintenance cost, durability, reliability, higher fuel economy, availability of technical know how everywhere, increased tolerance for abuse etc these are the ones I can remember now, e still remain oh lolz.

PS if u r getting a corolla, make sure u insure it appropriately, install a tracker and install all the modern and ancient security gadgets. awon boiz love the car cos of its resale value, resale ease and resale speed!

4 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:35am On Jan 22, 2018
lilkech:

If you’re a careless person sometimes you should get that Toyota

If you’re a careful person ALL THE TIME then go get you a Honda

is there any careful person..... All the time? If you have unfettered access to astute mechanics like gazuzz, and u have the funds to be buying all the necessary routine consumables of the Honda someone like me will opt for Honda, otherwise...... my brother just toyota dey go oh.... a kazeem can even be ur mechanic for years without issues just be online to get ideas and get familiar with the system.

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 22, 2018
dcole73:

Bro, Pls do.

I have three loves.

And

You have no taste in cars.

3 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by AvailableCofOLa(m): 5:07am On Jan 22, 2018
Honda is synonymous with it's comfort and upholstery.

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by dcole73: 9:58am On Jan 22, 2018
angels09:

You have no taste in cars.

You are probably right.
That would come in later.

3 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by dcole73: 10:05am On Jan 22, 2018
All noted.
Thanks guys for the responses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Jaykizz(m): 8:47pm On May 11, 2020
Hello guys.

So I am considering buying the 2007 Accord.

I have read through the comments and must admit that it is an eye opener, especially for new car drivers.

Since the last post was made in 2018, I would like to hear further reviews about this Honda.

I am thorn between buying the 2006 Accord, Camry or Corolla models.

As a Nigerian driver, what are your views on the three cars?

Which is the best for everyday consumption?

I am well aware of their individual advantages, but what Toyota fans never tell you is the disadvantage of getting a Toyota.

Can we have more discussions on the pros and cons of these cars?

These will further educate us on the overall better car.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by dicksonadams(m): 8:59am On May 12, 2020
Jaykizz:
Hello guys.

So I am considering buying the 2007 Accord.

I have read through the comments and must admit that it is an eye opener, especially for new car drivers.

Since the last post was made in 2018, I would like to hear further reviews about this Honda.

I am thorn between buying the 2006 Accord, Camry or Corolla models.

As a Nigerian driver, what are your views on the three cars?

Which is the best for everyday consumption?

I am well aware of their individual advantages, but what Toyota fans never tell you is the disadvantage of getting a Toyota.

Can we have more discussions on the pros and cons of these cars?

These will further educate us on the overall better car.

Honda all the way, chat up gazzuzz or nurey for quality advice. By the way gazzuzz have a nice Honda crv same

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Jaykizz(m): 9:30pm On May 12, 2020
dicksonadams:

Honda all the way, chat up gazzuzz or nurey for quality advice. By the way gazzuzz have a nice Honda crv same

Thanks. I am thinking same.
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by AmuDimpka: 7:52am On May 13, 2020
thomasjohn:
Please i intend buying this car and i will like to know if its a gud choice, if its reliable and durable. Also where can i get a good clean one in Lagos that has not been driven in Naija, thank you as you advise.

One thing is sure...the legs must pull
Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Jaykizz(m): 7:56pm On May 17, 2020
AmuDimpka:

One thing is sure...the legs must pull

My findings show that older series of the Accord (2007 downwards) are the ones experiencing such.

Such problems had been corrected since the introduction of the 8th generation Accord (2008 upwards).

I might be wrong but you can share if you have a contrary opinion to the above.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by honda001: 10:50am On May 18, 2020
Please,can u still confirmed same opinion year 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by Leonron(m): 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
I just got a nigerian used '07 Accord and it is delivering. I have done a few changes but overall it is handling perfectly.There is more power & stability. The Camry is a beautiful car, fuel economy is better than a honda's largely because the Honda generates more power than the toyota. I replaced my inner cups at N12'000 in Abuja 3 weeks back and today i was there for power steering oil and the inner cup for an '03 corolla was going for N16'000. I am not sure but I think a friend replaced the ones on his '10 camry at about N24'000. The engine cost for a Honda accord '07 is about N140'000 if I am not wrong, the cost of the engine of the camry '09 - '10 is between 230k - 270k same for the '03 corolla.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 by austin4real(m): 9:40pm On Aug 04, 2020
As a former user of the 07 Accord and present user of an 06 Camry I can boldly tell you that with the way Nigeria is going and the Nigerian factor, Go get you a Camry. Seems Toyota had Nigerians in mind when producing those vehicles. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the Accord is bad, infact I miss the Accord, but when the road to my place of residence became an Eye sore, Nobody told me before I sold off the accord. In essence what I’m trying to say is that, if you have access to good road, like what is obtainable to you in the North, Get yourself the accord, however, if you stay in certain areas here in the South and commute there daily, Jejely Toyota yourself dey go. My 2cents..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised / Peugeot 508: The Beauty Nigerians Deserve. / A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.