Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (626583 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 8:44am On Jan 01, 2014
Pls do u guys advise me to go for uniabuja for 2014/2015 academic season...? Happy new year to u all thanks add me on BB PIN:27916D91.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Goddon32(m): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2014
chukwudi1989: Pls do u guys advise me to go for uniabuja for 2014/2015 academic season...? Happy new year to u all thanks add me on BB PIN:27916D91.
Capital no
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by joedollar007: 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2014
Pls are we surpose to print our admiSsion letter 4 dose of us dat saw our names on jamb web site..pls i need urgent reply..dis admission has mix feelins 4 me..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by DPGzz(m): 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
Are u referin to '13 jamb?
joedollar007: Pls are we surpose to print our admiSsion letter 4 dose of us dat saw our names on jamb web site..pls i need urgent reply..dis admission has mix feelins 4 me..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Swaycater(m): 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
I need accomodation in uniabuja, who knws anyone who wunna sell? happy new year my people, Sway is back for good
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
joedollar007: Pls are we surpose to print our admiSsion letter 4 dose of us dat saw our names on jamb web site..pls i need urgent reply..dis admission has mix feelins 4 me..
YES.
Happy New Year to you all.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by olojooluwatobi(m): 9:07am On Jan 03, 2014
>Sori did u see ur name on JAMB website nd wen did you see? Pls let us knw to be able to check too.THANKS
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Jalil29(m): 12:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
mr presido please when will the other remedial list be out?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Govbolu(m): 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
Good day to all Nigeria university aspirants,we wish to announce to you that the long awaiting jamb admission list for all universities is been compiled and its on its final stage.
Are you an aspirant who up till this time have not see his/her name on the previous admission list and you scored up to the required cut off mark of your institute and its department then contact jamb academic help line on 08139296951 for complaint,assistanceand more information.
NOTE:ALL APPLICANTS ARE EXPECTED TO HAVE REACHED OR PASSED THE CUT OFF MARK OF THEIR INSTITUTE AND ITS DEPARTMENT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE ADMISSION OFFER.
Have you been offered admission and you wish to change your present course to you desired course you can also contact the academic help line for assistance.
ADMISSION INTO THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENTS
LAW
ENGINEERING
ACCOUNTING
MEDICINE
MARKETING
ENGLISH
ECONOMICS
AGRICULTURE
RELIGIOUS STUDY
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
NURSING SCIENCE
MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE AND SO ON
APPLICATION FOR CHANGE OF COURSE
Application for change of course may also be allowed for candidates who wish to change from their present course to their desired courses for complaints,moreinformation,inquiry and help call the academic help line on 08139296951
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by dadboad: 4:12am On Jan 04, 2014
for people that are still waiting for Jamb, here is an opportunity for you get a Direct Entry into Public Administration or Local Government Studies in Obafemi Awolowo University through a 2yrs Diploma program in Department of Local Government Studies O.A.U
visit http://oauifelocalgovernmentstudies.org
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by joedollar007: 8:38am On Jan 04, 2014
Yea..i saw my name on jamb site..dats 3 month ago. @olojo
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by olojooluwatobi(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2014
joedollar007: Yea..i saw my name on jamb site..dats 3 month ago. @olojo
> Ok thanks for d reply
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Bashimi: 6:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
Newly admitted student till next year june abi
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 10:53am On Jan 09, 2014
why is this thread always dry? abeg uniabuja make una no fall my hands, pffftt.

this thread is meant for aspirant to converse with and get information from undergrads. and it also supposed to be an avenue for making friends before entering the school.i know the strike also had a hand in making the thread dry, but it 's over now, so lets stop dulling and make this thread lively

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2014
Naso ooo...so tru,the thread is now dried up,unlike last year.
still hoping,2013/2014.Aspirant.

#though me don start HND already..

#Good luck to the new Uniabuja Aspirant
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Swaycater(m): 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
someone will ask an important question, people will just behave as if they didn't see it, I hate to be egnored, sooooo annoying
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by olojooluwatobi(m): 3:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
Hello every1 tho u ppl ar correct bt we culd make d thread bounce back pending d time 2013/2014 list is out,let us not complain bt make it happen.Hw's lectures goin @ various campus?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by olojooluwatobi(m): 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
I need friends from here so we could chat nd know eachoda cus is not only wen d list comes out JUNE we all will be rushin to make friends ADD Me On BBM 26DEB8C7,Facebook:Olojo Oluwatobi
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 11:18am On Jun 27, 2014
Now that the site is back and sounded we give thanks to GOD
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2014
Hello folks! *just passing by, I hail.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
PROF. DANBATTA TOPS LIST FOR UNIABUJA VC POST

Category: News Published on Friday, 27 June 2014 05:00 Written by Simon Echewofun Sunday Hits: 168
The Joint Council and Senate Selection Board of the University of Abuja has advanced a recommendation of three candidates including Prof. Umaru Garba Danbatta, a professor of electronic and electrical engineering from the North West Zone to the university’s governing council for appointment, Daily Trust learnt.
A report jointly signed by the pro-Chancellor and Chairman, Dr. Samuel Ogbemudia and Observers from the Federal Character Commission represented by a Commissioner, Engr. Uche Diogu which was sighted by Daily Trust showed that Prof. Danbatta led the top three with a score of 83 percent.
He was consequently recommended for appointment.
The next to him in contention Prof. Raheem Adebayo Lawal who scored 73 percent.
The report read in part; “The under listed candidates are Prof. Umaru Garba Danbatta from Kano State with the highest percentage score; Language Education Professor, Prof. Raheem Adebayo Lawal from Kwara, North Central zone and Pharmacy don, Prof. Michael Umale Adikwu from Benue State, North Central.”
It stated that following the screening of applications submitted by 123 candidates by the Screening Committee who also shortlisted 10 candidates drawn from the six geopolitical zones of the country, the council began its assessment process.
The report listed the eight assessment criteria for further evaluation of the 10 shortlisted candidates to include, appea-rance, reaction to questions and comportment, knowledge of the workings of the university system, relationship between the university and stakeholders.
Other criteria are the university system’s social workings, ability to manage crisis, ability to attract funds and the stakeholders’ forum which attracted the highest obtainable score pegged at 20 marks.
The council said it also conducted a public hearing on 18th June 2014 after the interaction at the university’s main auditorium where the Pro-Chancellor briefed the forum on the rationale for the exercise.
“The candidates were in turn given five minutes each to present their “Vision and Mission” for the University of Abuja,” it added.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 28, 2014
mrpresido3: PROF. DANBATTA TOPS LIST FOR UNIABUJA VC POST

Category: News Published on Friday, 27 June 2014 05:00 Written by Simon Echewofun Sunday Hits: 168
The Joint Council and Senate Selection Board of the University of Abuja has advanced a recommendation of three candidates including Prof. Umaru Garba Danbatta, a professor of electronic and electrical engineering from the North West Zone to the university’s governing council for appointment, Daily Trust learnt.
A report jointly signed by the pro-Chancellor and Chairman, Dr. Samuel Ogbemudia and Observers from the Federal Character Commission represented by a Commissioner, Engr. Uche Diogu which was sighted by Daily Trust showed that Prof. Danbatta led the top three with a score of 83 percent.
He was consequently recommended for appointment.
The next to him in contention Prof. Raheem Adebayo Lawal who scored 73 percent.
The report read in part; “The under listed candidates are Prof. Umaru Garba Danbatta from Kano State with the highest percentage score; Language Education Professor, Prof. Raheem Adebayo Lawal from Kwara, North Central zone and Pharmacy don, Prof. Michael Umale Adikwu from Benue State, North Central.”
It stated that following the screening of applications submitted by 123 candidates by the Screening Committee who also shortlisted 10 candidates drawn from the six geopolitical zones of the country, the council began its assessment process.
The report listed the eight assessment criteria for further evaluation of the 10 shortlisted candidates to include, appea-rance, reaction to questions and comportment, knowledge of the workings of the university system, relationship between the university and stakeholders.
Other criteria are the university system’s social workings, ability to manage crisis, ability to attract funds and the stakeholders’ forum which attracted the highest obtainable score pegged at 20 marks.
The council said it also conducted a public hearing on 18th June 2014 after the interaction at the university’s main auditorium where the Pro-Chancellor briefed the forum on the rationale for the exercise.
“The candidates were in turn given five minutes each to present their “Vision and Mission” for the University of Abuja,” it added.

In other News: dem don release the admission list abi dy are yet to?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 8:35am On Jun 28, 2014
Yet TO

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2014
Yet to? WAF!!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by jambadimission(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2014
Make sure you gain admission in 2014 ,because 2015 may be more competitive call 08117666159 for admission help[left][/left][size=8pt][/size]

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 3:39pm On Jun 29, 2014
UniAbuja: Task before new vice chancellor! Resolving disputes
Addressing the concerns of the unions and ensuring undisputed harmony amongst organizations located within the confines of the university should be the immediate concern of the new vice chancellor.
The new vice chancellor should endeavor to open up lines of communication between him and the university community. There should be a virile mechanism for ventilating burning issues and receiving needed attention. Such atmospheres like regular consultations and stakeholders’ meetings as well as exploring opportunities offered by social gatherings and meetings should not be ignored.
A major landmine that rocked Adelabu’s administration is the penchant to run ‘’a one man show’’, isolating the unions from a participatory governance and ignoring completely anything that has to do with transparency and due process.
‘’If he can ensure due process, transparency and objectivity in administration, he will not have any problem with us’’, the unions assured

Rebuilding decayed infrastructures
Infrastructural and institutional decay has remained an endemic challenge facing the university which the new vice chancellor should tackle as soon as he assumed office. University of Abuja appears to be the only higher institution in the country without dignified structures for classrooms, hostel accommodation, senate building and the likes. The structures that are presently on ground or undergoing construction are less than glorified edifices, with no aesthetic landscape befitting a university environment.
Resuscitating moribund institutions is another major challenge awaiting the attention of the new vice chancellor. Right now the Post graduate programmes of the university, the distance learning, sandwich, as well the diploma and certificate programmes which once served as strong revenue generating base for the university are fast losing their existence.
Similarly the admission processes which is now traded at the Gwagwalada open market to the highest bidders needed to be restructured to give them the required credibility. There should be a functional committee that handles all admission matters and the VC should not be personally involved.
University of Abuja had long desired the proverbial ‘’fresh air’’, and it is only the incoming vice chancellor and his team that can provide that.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2014
ERC condemns closure of UNIABUJA
The Education Rights Campaign (ERC) has condemned
the recent closure of the University of Abuja following
students’ protests for a resolution of the crisis between
the management and the university chapter of the
Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU so as to
allow the conduct of examinations.
It would be recalled that the ASUU-UNIABUJA chapter
commenced an indefinite strike on June 2, 2014 to
protest the alleged misappropriation of funds allocated
to the institution by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor
James Adelabu. The National Coordinator of the ERC,
Mr. Hassan Soweto in a news release said that the
closure of the university is ‘an attack on the
fundamental rights of the students of UNIABUJA, who
hit the streets in protest saying that the crisis in the
university is unwarranted.
We call on the UNIABUJA management to meet the
demands of the lecturers in order for the university to
resume for students to sit for the examinations.’ The
ERC also called for national protest national of Nigerian
students to resist the wave of fee hike as in OAU, LASU,
UNIPORT and TASUED. It also called for solidarity
protests in support of the protracted strike action of
ASUP and COEASU and attacks on democratic rights as
was the case in UNIABUJA.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by RichGabriel: 3:26am On Jun 30, 2014
Richiez: Hello
You don't need to waste your time writing jamb and post-jamb....save yourself the stress today and apply for:
:Medicine
Nursing
Pharmacy
Oil&Gas
Electrical Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering
AeroSpace
AirCraft Architecture
If you are interested, send me a personal email, or drop your email on this thread to receive details from me. Or you can call:+380930781586 Uniabuja aspirants, this thread has been created to help you answer
those questions about uniabuja that is still bothering you, and also as a
resource place to seek for any kind of assistance relating to
admissions in the school...everyone is free to ask any question and/or
make contributions....thanks! yours Richiez
N.B
Apart from JAMB utme, other means to get admission into the school are; remedial programme, diploma and IJMB
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by RichGabriel: 3:27am On Jun 30, 2014
Richiez: Hello
You don't need to waste your time writing jamb and post-jamb....save yourself the stress today and apply for:
Nursing
Pharmacy
Oil&Gas
Electrical Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering
AeroSpace
AirCraft Architecture
kingobasi:
ERC condemns closure of UNIABUJA
The Education Rights Campaign (ERC) has condemned
the recent closure of the University of Abuja following
students’ protests for a resolution of the crisis between
the management and the university chapter of the
Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU so as to
allow the conduct of examinations.
It would be recalled that the ASUU-UNIABUJA chapter
commenced an indefinite strike on June 2, 2014 to
protest the alleged misappropriation of funds allocated
to the institution by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor
James Adelabu. The National Coordinator of the ERC,
Mr. Hassan Soweto in a news release said that the
closure of the university is ‘an attack on the
fundamental rights of the students of UNIABUJA, who
hit the streets in protest saying that the crisis in the
university is unwarranted.
We call on the UNIABUJA management to meet the
demands of the lecturers in order for the university to
resume for students to sit for the examinations.’ The
ERC also called for national protest national of Nigerian
students to resist the wave of fee hike as in OAU, LASU,
UNIPORT and TASUED. It also called for solidarity
protests in support of the protracted strike action of
ASUP and COEASU and attacks on democratic rights as
was the case in UNIABUJA.
If you are interested, send me a personal email, or drop your email on this thread to receive details from me. Or you can call:+380930781586 Uniabuja aspirants, this thread has been created to help you answer
those questions about uniabuja that is still bothering you, and also as a
resource place to seek for any kind of assistance relating to
admissions in the school...everyone is free to ask any question and/or
make contributions....thanks! yours Richiez
N.B
Apart from JAMB utme, other means to get admission into the school are; remedial programme, diploma and IJMB
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by RichGabriel: 3:31am On Jun 30, 2014
[You don't need to waste your time writing jamb and post-jamb....save yourself the stress today and apply for
Nursing
Pharmacy
Oil&Gas
Electrical Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering
AeroSpace
AirCraft Architecture
If you are interested, send me a personal email, or drop your email on this thread to receive details from me. Or you can call:+380930781586 author=mrpresido3]
UniAbuja: Task before new vice chancellor! Resolving disputes
Addressing the concerns of the unions and ensuring undisputed harmony amongst organizations located within the confines of the university should be the immediate concern of the new vice chancellor.
The new vice chancellor should endeavor to open up lines of communication between him and the university community. There should be a virile mechanism for ventilating burning issues and receiving needed attention. Such atmospheres like regular consultations and stakeholders’ meetings as well as exploring opportunities offered by social gatherings and meetings should not be ignored.
A major landmine that rocked Adelabu’s administration is the penchant to run ‘’a one man show’’, isolating the unions from a participatory governance and ignoring completely anything that has to do with transparency and due process.
‘’If he can ensure due process, transparency and objectivity in administration, he will not have any problem with us’’, the unions assured

Rebuilding decayed infrastructures
Infrastructural and institutional decay has remained an endemic challenge facing the university which the new vice chancellor should tackle as soon as he assumed office. University of Abuja appears to be the only higher institution in the country without dignified structures for classrooms, hostel accommodation, senate building and the likes. The structures that are presently on ground or undergoing construction are less than glorified edifices, with no aesthetic landscape befitting a university environment.
Resuscitating moribund institutions is another major challenge awaiting the attention of the new vice chancellor. Right now the Post graduate programmes of the university, the distance learning, sandwich, as well the diploma and certificate programmes which once served as strong revenue generating base for the university are fast losing their existence.
Similarly the admission processes which is now traded at the Gwagwalada open market to the highest bidders needed to be restructured to give them the required credibility. There should be a functional committee that handles all admission matters and the VC should not be personally involved.
University of Abuja had long desired the proverbial ‘’fresh air’’, and it is only the incoming vice chancellor and his team that can provide that.[/quote]
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Bashimi: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
Uniabuja i beg o unilorin done finish second semester exam for 2013 set uniabuja still dey second semester for 2012 set
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 12:56am On Jul 01, 2014
There was much anticipation to the cancellation of the ongoing Strike at the University Of Abuja.The School is currently sealed by the Police and they allow just members of councilThis is the recent development: There are lecturers protesting in the Campus for reasons students and other viewers didn't know of which was due to the appointment of the new "VC".According to Council,the listed candidates for the post of the Vice Chancellor of the University of Abuja were screened throughly,and it was in its utmost knowledge based on "MERIT",which every lecturer never doubted,would not mention names but the professors were from different good institutions,The first on the Merit list is a scholar from BUK.(North-East Muslim)Second is a Scholar from University of Ilorin. (Christian)Last is a scholar from NSUKA (Christian Benin)Now according to rumour the christian factors don't want the first candidate to emerge,so they brought about idea of using Security reports about the above listed candidates,the funny thing is its impossible to get reports within 2 weeks,Adelabu's (present VC) security report got to the school 4months after He resumed duty.That is the main reason why the muslim factors are protesting.Hope this doesn't lead to a serious crisis. Am passing this information for Y'all to stop this "SENTIMENT" rubbish its destroying Us badly either,Ethnic,Religion abeg. After You all will be using #Tag #BringBackOurGirls.No be so E start? #OperationStopSentimentAbeg @Unibuja_olofofo ReportingRe-BC

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.