Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (625231 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Bashimi: 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2014
mrpresido3: UPDATES! UPDATES!! UPDATES!!!
ANOTHER ASUU STRIKE 2014
It seems that everything is starting afresh again in Nigeria academic sector, which we previously believed must have been resolved in the year 2013.
According to information been sent to us, the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASSU, is
currently accusing the Federal government of
reneging on some of the agreements that led to the suspension of a six-month strike that grounded the university system last year.
What brought about the strike is also the VERY
SAME problem which might capitalize into this if not well taken care of.
The academic union of Universities has through its National Treasurer, Dr. Ademola Aremu, lamented that the Federal Government was yet to honour her
agreement with the Academic union that clearly stats that N20 billion would be released at the beginning of each quarter to meet identified needs in the universities.
According to the union national treasurer, Aremu who during a chat with newsmen at the Post Graduate Hall, University of Ibadan, weekend, said:
“The government is yet to
release the money for the quarter, which they were supposed to release in January 2014.”
The treasurer also went further to stressed that the call was necessary to avoid the embarrassment
that the last strike caused the nation.
In his exact words:
“All the strike ASUU had
embarked upon in this country were basically
because the Federal Government failed to honour agreements freely entered with us.
“It is also sad that each time before we begin the
strike, we would give the government enough
warnings and grace to make them retrace their
steps. But they always fail.
“We don’t know why the government is always
unwilling to implement the documents signed by their representatives. However, we will continue to fight for the system because if the system collapses, we will collapse with it.”
In his own comments, ASUU chairman, UI chapter, Dr. Olusegun Ajiboye, said it was unfortunate that
successive governments in Nigeria failed to learn
from history as they always wait till major standoff with their members before doing the needful.
He expressed appreciation to the Nigerian media
for standing by ASUU during the struggle, adding that the support was not really for the members,
but for a better Nigeria.
Currently, Most federal and state Polytechnics are striking and nothing has been done about it, the question is this:
If ASUU commence another strike, when will it end?
Is the Nigeria educational sector crumbling?
Who is to be blamed for all of these set-backs
troubling the educational sector?
i heard dis news since early february so is not a new news,we need update about our resumption

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2014
Bashimi: i heard dis news since early february so is not a new news,we need update about our resumption
old news,we don't need dis kind of news....we need post-utme news
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
Bashimi: i heard dis news since early february so is not a new news,we need update about our resumption
Hmmmmm, no fear, uniabl is urs. u guys shld jst wait 4 d new academy calendar to b out, because dat is where ur resumption date is gonna be there. And d calendar wll b out b4 d admss list. D new students usually resume immediately after exam 4 deir registration while d old students are on 2weeks break. It is always hard 4 1 to knw d actual date for post utme, ask others dey wll tell u dat it usually cms as suprise and shock students. So dis is smtin dat u may nt b able to knw now. Wat u wll do jst b reading incase u ar to write smtin down. All these issues is d senate dat will determine at d last point.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by hayubee(m): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
mrpresido3: Hmmmmm, no fear, uniabl is urs. u guys shld jst wait 4 d new academy calendar to b out, because dat is where ur resumption date is gonna be there. And d calendar wll b out b4 d admss list. D new students usually resume immediately after exam 4 deir registration while d old students are on 2weeks break. It is always hard 4 1 to knw d actual date for post utme, ask others dey wll tell u dat it usually cms as suprise and shock students. So dis is smtin dat u may nt b able to knw now. Wat u wll do jst b reading incase u ar to write smtin down. All these issues is d senate dat will determine at d last point.
Guy will they merge 2013 nd 2014 admission togeda
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
hayubee:
let's stop asking dese guys if dey wil merge or not...let's ask dem how to get VC's contact and ask him...we need a concrete asurance on dis....thanks
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
let's just be patient, very soon all Questions will be answered.. the list will come out in about a months time, then we can all see with our eyes , we can keep speculating, but till then, we will never know what will really happen, that's the truth..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
hayubee:
base on wat I knw I wll tell u no.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
chukwudi1989: let's stop asking dese guys if dey wil merge or not...let's ask dem how to get VC's contact and ask him...we need a concrete asurance on dis....thanks
Ah! Geting VC's num is nt easy menh!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
Castro94: It saddened me alot wen i see some1 who doesn't know the in and out of the d skul making useless and baseless comment; for ur info am nt new on nairaland neither dis is my first post but i have kept quiet all dis while; I and Weezy create this thread back in 2012; it was u guyz ignorance dat make me to make some comment today. Before Adelabu left office he categorically told my Old man(dad) who is a close friend to him that the skul will be going for a joint admission dis year comprising of 2013/2014 because my kid sister is an Aspirant.
Castro pls help dis guy looking 4 VC's num. Am sure Adelabu has d new VC num, so u tell ur Dad to get it 4 u. Dey ar waiting 4 u ooooo.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Castro94: 11:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
To be sincere wit u guyz am nt having d new vc number but i can get u guyz d chief registrar number
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 3:07am On Jul 30, 2014
Castro94: To be sincere wit u guyz am nt having d new vc number but i can get u guyz d chief registrar number
drop it bro n God bless u
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 11:33am On Jul 30, 2014
NOTICE TO ALL UNIVERSITIES STUDENTS

Information reaching Academic Students' Universities Union(ASUU) has it that our parent body; Academic Staff Union of Universities(ASUU) are planing to embark on their annual 'Heartbreaking' wrestling competition between ASUU and Federal Government tagged: "Strike 2014; for the betterment of Education in Nigeria".

Speaking with newsmen after a secret meeting held at Futminna, Dr, Nasir Isa Fagge, ASUU chairman said that the Annual wrestling Festival will commence from August 4, 2014 till 'Heaven knows'. He adviced students to fasten their sit belts, relax and watch and enjoy the wrestling festival. He further noted that this time, ASUU will be throwing punches from all angles, and they will not suspend the wrestling competition until the Federal Government succumb finally.

Meanwhile, the Academic Students' Universities Union Chairman, Honourable Ilesanmi Paul, (M.O.E) has advised students to remain calm and not panic that the wresting festival might not hold as preparation are. in top gear to barricade the festival. He also advice students not to start travelling (especially Ekiti state University students), the matter 'might' be resolved before the 4th of August.

Hon.Jelili, SSA media to Hon.Paul(M.O.E)
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Senate meeting going on...... We're hopeful admission issue wud b on d table.....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
Event if ASSU strike start August 4th, Uniabj is planning to pay d 25m which will option us out. The senate really stated long in today's meeting, though we are yet to get the out cm of the meeting.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
the rumour of strike is a lie, it has been debunked and disregarded by prominent ASUU members, funny enough the people carrying the rumour about are mostly uniabuja student, well uniabuja lecturers today declared the rumour as baseless..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dannyxy: the rumour of strike is a lie, it has been debunked and disregarded by prominent ASUU members, funny enough the people carrying the rumour about are mostly uniabuja student, well uniabuja lecturers today declared the rumour as baseless..
aAleluUya!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Update on the ‪#‎ Senate‬meeting today.
And mind you, it is in the University charter that every Wednesday, the Senate are to meet.
The former VC, Mr Adelabu always took decisions on behalf of the Senate. Which obviously ruined his administration.
Today's meeting -
1) Uniabuja won't be embarking on any nationwide strike. If the national body ASUU decides to go on strike.
2) A session is being cancelled, merging both sets.
Meaning, the pending admission 2012/2013 and 2013/2014 would be merged together.
3) The inconclusive SUG elections would be concluded as planned.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 7:11am On Jul 31, 2014
So what I said has being proven correct. Also, there will be parliamentary elections shortly after SUG elections. Post UTME for 2014/15 set may come any time soon...be prepared. I have the new VC number but I got it base on trust and base on what I and other students have being doing prior to all of these hoopla. I don't think it is right to give it out, besides, on the complimentary card he gave me before flying out 2 days back, it is still "prof Michael Adikwu University of Nigeria NNSUKA" he is back to school though. So basically, I was privy to have it. However, I will seek for the Personal assistant to the VC number, that one should be for everybody naa, as soon as I get it, I will paste it here.

There won't be admission to law this year.

Engineering is still in doubt but if you are in school you will see all that is being done by the senate to finish their workshop in p site. So they may or may not be admission into engineering this year.

Medicine, vet medicine and Agric have all being cleared with full accreditation. So admission will be given to them.

Some people in 2013/14 set may get admission into vet medicine and agric, however, I'm not sure they will get into medicine.

Admission into medicine is not given to people on a platter of gold, only 2014/15 set applied for admission into medicine and as such, only them will be considered.
Apart from that, all the admission will be on a 50-50 basis.

Unibuja will not embark on a strike any time soon even if the National ASUU embark on strike.

Vote wisely between Yaradua, pelumi, Babatee, shayo, Ben, Bestman. If any of this student play chicanery, withdraw your votes as it means they are not being sincere.

BSc Biology, Microbiology, Physics, Chemistry, industrial chemistry, Statistics, Agric. Mbbs and DVM vet medicine, all of you are welcome. Incase any one requires help, info or advice, hit me up on this thread of course. I'll be glad to help.
Have a wonderful day.

Remember, election is 5th August, use the hashtag #SUGElection2014 on twitter to post any observations, anomaly or suggestions. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by brygitte(f): 9:18am On Jul 31, 2014
Pietee: Update on the ‪#‎ Senate‬meeting today.
And mind you, it is in the University charter that every Wednesday, the Senate are to meet.
The former VC, Mr Adelabu always took decisions on behalf of the Senate. Which obviously ruined his administration.
Today's meeting -
1) Uniabuja won't be embarking on any nationwide strike. If the national body ASUU decides to go on strike.
2) A session is being cancelled, merging both sets.
Meaning, the pending admission 2012/2013 and 2013/2014 would be merged together.
3) The inconclusive SUG elections would be concluded as planned.
sorry tot dey are suppose 2 merge 2013/2014 n 2014/2015.am confused cuz u said 2012/2013 n 2013/2014.pls elaborate on dis.tnx..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2014
why is there not going to be admission into law this year?, what will happen to those giving merit admission by jamb?, with the so called merge, how are we sure of credible admission process?, if the 2014/2015 set have not written post ume and they want to merge, so on what bases are they going to be giving admission?, 50-50 % admin rate?, why can't they increase it to 60-60%, so admin rate would be higher?, will the list be released together or will it be released in batches?
pesin wey know the v.c make im ask am this questions for me.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by maiquel: 11:12am On Jul 31, 2014
Ok...like seriously oo wat happens to those given admission already for law, i mean 2013/2014 set.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Observing, |Computer Science 2014/2015
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Chacha14: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hello every one
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chacha14: Hello every one
helloo

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
The school won't be pasting anyother list for the 2012/2013 academic session. This does not mean that more names were not added to the list, you need to verify from the registrar's office or from your department if your name was added. But i think those whose names were added should have known by now.

Candidates waiting for the 2013/2014 list should expect the list immediately after the 2012/2013 2nd semester exams which starts on 04/08/2014.

For those waiting for the 2014/2015 list, as unpleasing as it may sound, there will be no merger with 2013/2014 list, but the school is looking at the best way to shrink the academic calender so that the 2014/2015 admission list will be released around the early months of next year. But take note that the 2014/2015 post UTME exams will be conducted this year.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
conflicting news everywhere, which one are we going to believe?..
nawa, it is well ohh..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
THE Senate of the University of Abuja has announced its resumption of academic activities for the 2012/2013 academic session, effective Monday July 20th, 2014.

The vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Michael UmaleAdikwu, disclosed this to newsmen weekend in Abuja during an interactive chat.
Details of the academic calendar which was issued by the acting Registrar, MrsRifkatuSwanta and made available to journalists showed that the students were expected to start arriving the campus from Sunday July 20
th, while normal lectures, expected to bring the second semester to an end will commence on Monday July 21st.
Second semester examinations are expected to kick start on Monday, August 4th and conclude on Saturday September 9th.
The Vice Chancellor, who used the occasion of the interactive media chat to also unveil a 37 point transformation agenda for the university, assured the students and the academic community a hitch free session devoid of any form of rancour.
He promised to urgently address the myriads of challenges confronting the university including accreditation of outstanding courses offered by the university, completion of on-going infrastructure, addressing the exam racketeering monster by reviving the functions of ethics committee.
Professor Adikwu further promised to run an open administration with all interest groups on campus, ensure transparency, prompt release of examination results and certificates and the expansion of facilities on campus.
He also announced plans by his management to hold university convocation ceremony February, early next year.

http://championonlinenews.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=20925:uniabuja-re-opens-for-academic-activities-today&Itemid=393&lang=en
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
As someone who has studied the system for quite some time, i think the 2014/2015 admission list should follow immediately after the february convocation next year
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Dannyxy: why is there not going to be admission into law this year?, what will happen to those giving merit admission by jamb?, with the so called merge, how are we sure of credible admission process?, if the 2014/2015 set have not written post ume and they want to merge, so on what bases are they going to be giving admission?, 50-50 % admin rate?, why can't they increase it to 60-60%, so admin rate would be higher?, will the list be released together or will it be released in batches?
pesin wey know the v.c make im ask am this questions for me.
Faculty of law's accreditation has been suspended for 2years by NUC......
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
Richiez: As someone who has studied the system for quite some time, i think the 2014/2015 admission list should follow immediately after the february convocation next year
D@ will be subject to 2015 general election which will span 4rm january-february

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.