Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (625264 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
maiquel: Ok...like seriously oo wat happens to those given admission already for law, i mean 2013/2014 set.
D@s a very celestial question, dnt really knw.... D schl will sort it out, cos if anyone is admitted into d programme wiv NUC suspension still binding den dey are not going to b admitted into law school......
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Pietee:
Faculty of law's accreditation has been suspended for 2years by NUC......
wait oh, are you telling me that all those girls wearing black and white, and doing nyanga everywhere have being decieving themselveall this while? grin grin , .name joke oh....

jokes apart, this is the first time that I'm hearing this, uniabuja law has not been accredited?, I thought uniabuja boasted of one of the best law faculties in Nigeria..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Dannyxy: wait oh, are you telling me that all those girls wearing black and white, and doing nyanga everywhere have being decieving themselveall this while? grin grin , .name joke oh....

jokes apart, this is the first time that I'm hearing this, uniabuja law has not been accredited?, I thought uniabuja boasted of one of the best law faculties in Nigeria..
hahahahahahah. I tut am d only one seen their shakara....lolz but dis is not a good news and am suprise about dis cus am hearn it 4 d 1st tym....but what are does students who choosed law as their course to study going to do? I.e what will d school do about them?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 1:15am On Aug 01, 2014
Let me delve in here a little, Uniabuja law faculty had accreditation ab initio. The deplorable administrative incompetence of the former Vice Chancellor made it impossible for them to retain it. Accreditation status is reviewed by NUC every 5 years. What this means is that, they visited law last year and were not impressed hence they suspended their accreditation. However, students already in the faculty can all graduate, only new admission has been grounded.

With all honesty, I don't know what will be of the 2013/14 applicants who applied for law and were given admission. One thing is clear, their admission came out before the suspension of accreditation. So, there may be two ways to go about it, they may be admitted on the merit of the above fact that I gave that their admission came before suspension, or, they will be admitted into other sister Faculties e.g political science, economics etc all in faculty of social science. However, as I said earlier, I am not sure of this.

For all those talking about tradition, make no mistake, this VC does not bear semblance in anyway like the outgoing VC, the man is posh and exudes respect sequestered in a lofty panache. So don't expect things to be as usual. During Nuhu Yaqub tenure, Post UME is on the first two weeks of 2nd semester. However, 2nd semester is already winding up. Our school will resume 2014/15 session late september or early October, my assumption is that post UTME will come within this window of now till then. Convocation is not for new students oo! Convocation is by February and by then, we should be writing 1st semester exams or be in 1st semester holiday. Please don get this confused. Matriculation should be by Dec or early January, this will be when the final list will come out I.e VC list.
However, for each of the list coming out (1st, 2nd or VC list) admission is going to be 50-50 between 2013/14 set and 2014/15 set.

2014/15 set who have not started reading should please do, nobody knows how the post UTME will be, even the VC promise not to interfere in the process which will be strictly handled by ethic committee, it may be oral interview, screening or written exams, so take note.

By God's grace, professor Adikwu will be the best thing to have ever happened to this school.
Among is 37 point agenda, uniabuja should by God grace never go on any avoidable strike, all faculties/dept without accreditation will be given, Pharmacy faculty will be created and drafted into the college of health science together with the 3 faculties medicine already have. Admission into pharmacy and law will be in 3 years time. Admission into engineering may be this year (I doubt) or next year. Admission into medicine, vet medicine and agric this year is 100% certain.
Congrats everybody.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Bashimi: 1:51am On Aug 01, 2014
sakaguchi: Let me delve in here a little, Uniabuja law faculty had accreditation ab initio. The deplorable administrative incompetence of the former Vice Chancellor made it impossible for them to retain it. Accreditation status is reviewed by NUC every 5 years. What this means is that, they visited law last year and were not impressed hence they suspended their accreditation. However, students already in the faculty can all graduate, only new admission has been grounded.

With all honesty, I don't know what will be of the 2013/14 applicants who applied for law and were given admission. One thing is clear, their admission came out before the suspension of accreditation. So, there may be two ways to go about it, they may be admitted on the merit of the above fact that I gave that their admission came before suspension, or, they will be admitted into other sister Faculties e.g political science, economics etc all in faculty of social science. However, as I said earlier, I am not sure of this.

For all those talking about tradition, make no mistake, this VC does not bear semblance in anyway like the outgoing VC, the man is posh and exudes respect sequestered in a lofty panache. So don't expect things to be as usual. During Nuhu Yaqub tenure, Post UME is on the first two weeks of 2nd semester. However, 2nd semester is already winding up. Our school will resume 2014/15 session late september or early October, my assumption is that post UTME will come within this window of now till then. Convocation is not for new students oo! Convocation is by February and by then, we should be writing 1st semester exams or be in 1st semester holiday. Please don get this confused. Matriculation should be by Dec or early January, this will be when the final list will come out I.e VC list.
However, for each of the list coming out (1st, 2nd or VC list) admission is going to be 50-50 between 2013/14 set and 2014/15 set.

2014/15 set who have not started reading should please do, nobody knows how the post UTME will be, even the VC promise not to interfere in the process which will be strictly handled by ethic committee, it may be oral interview, screening or written exams, so take note.

By God's grace, professor Adikwu will be the best thing to have ever happened to this school.
Among is 37 point agenda, uniabuja should by God grace never go on any avoidable strike, all faculties/dept without accreditation will be given, Pharmacy faculty will be created and drafted into the college of health science together with the 3 faculties medicine already have. Admission into pharmacy and law will be in 3 years time. Admission into engineering may be this year (I doubt) or next year. Admission into medicine, vet medicine and agric this year is 100% certain.
Congrats everybody.
well said,hope 2013/2014 set is out off d post ume issue

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
Welcome back fellas. N wish u all success in ur xams #aluta continua#VOTE. Bello Yar'aduwa 4 president UniAbuja SUG. #Ahmed Yusuf 4 senate (SAR) education2014. #victoria ascerta.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ibnsultan: Welcome back fellas. N wish u all success in ur xams #aluta continua#VOTE. Bello Yar'aduwa 4 president UniAbuja SUG. #Ahmed Yusuf 4 senate (SAR) education2014. #victoria ascerta.
yeap yeap! Dat is our president, we wanna see how d department of political science will lead dis election as d future politicians.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
mrpresido3: yeap yeap! Dat is our president, we wanna see how d department of political science will lead dis election as d future politicians.
hahaha. Its our responsibility to VOTE him in. So as open a new chapter in the history of UniAbuja. #victoria ascerta #VOTE Yar adua 4 president. #Vote Ahmed yusuf schumaka 4 senate SAR 4 education
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Swaycater(m): 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
let the best man win
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Castro94: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
D skull has not confirmed it; d post utme screening is still a rumour so u guyz should wait for d authentic news from d skul
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Naomisawari(f): 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
So iz d Post UTME form finally out nd if yes how can' I gt it
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 2:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
The post utme form is not out for now!!!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
poffistands: presido.the post ume is info is genuine..I also heard the same too..but what I wonna knw is...is the post ume for both 2013 and 2014 aspirants? Or just for 2014 aspirants? since 2013 already did theirs last year.pls reply
how many times do you want write post ume? obviously it's for 2014 guys, you can never use last year jamb result for this year post ume because jamb will not accept it, so just you know, admin list for those that were screen last year is ready, just that it has not been released...

abi presido I lie?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
kingobasi: The post utme form is not out for now!!!
but it should be out by tomorrow, so it is confirmed that we will be merged right?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
2014 jambites should just be prepared for post UTME, never take anything to chance, by the way, vote PELUMI for SUG president.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
Pls hw tru is dis cus Am away from abj now...writing esut post-utme...has it Been confirm?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
Pls what are the required things for the Screening?....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dannyxy: but it should be out by tomorrow, so it is confirmed that we will be merged right?

Yea bro......so u guys should arrange money for ur form fee and transport fee for those dat stays far from abuja....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Castro94: 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
Get uniabuja past utme question paper from 2008 to 2010 interested applicant to control me on +2348166456328.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 9:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
SUG REBIRTH :

With the SUG election days from commencement, information circulating round the campus suggests that one of the Presidential aspirants, Comrade Ben of Chemistry Department has agreed to step down for Pelumi of Faculty of Law, an alliance that revived the latter's chances of emerging victorious.

It could be recall some months back that the election was going to be dramatic and is strictly between 'Yaradua and Shayo. With this recent development, Pelumi has stepped up his bid to becoming the next SUG President thereby blowing the tie wide open.

Before the unfortunate ASUU strike, rumours had it that Ben and Pelumi were engaged in a serious burst up in the hostel with the reason being that Pelumi's camp are sponsoring a false propaganda that Ben has stepped down for Pelumi. However, after quite a series of negotiations and meetings, it has come to fruition with Ben stepping down for Pelumi in a decision he stated to be 'in the interest of all students'.

Shayo is still ahead by virtue of the last polls but it is pertinent to realise that the permanent site is his strongest base and the same could be applicable to Pelumi and Yardua (whose strongest base is the mini campus) and with a rumour that Baba Tee has stepped down for him.
Pelumi, being from Law Faculty with many population, has previously turned the head of some students with Kerosene and other monetary gifts, he's not to be underrated as well.
With the recent alliance between Ben and Pelumi, the election has taken a new dimension and is really going to be dramatic.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
poffistands: presido.the post ume is info is genuine..I also heard the same too..but what I wonna knw is...is the post ume for both 2013 and 2014 aspirants? Or just for 2014 aspirants? since 2013 already did theirs last year.pls reply
only 2014 aspirants.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
Naomisawari: So iz d Post UTME form finally out nd if yes how can' I gt it
once is out u wll get frm gwagwalada Banks only. Or black market at d sch gate.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dannyxy: how many times do you want write post ume? obviously it's for 2014 guys, you can never use last year jamb result for this year post ume because jamb will not accept it, so just you know, admin list for those that were screen last year is ready, just that it has not been released...

abi presido I lie?
NO.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 11:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
chukwudi1989: Pls what are the required things for the Screening?....
the major things are JAMB result d original color copy dat has ur photograph on it. And bank draft. Please do cm wth all ur credential because thing do get change, and d way we are seeing dis post utme may b completely
Dffrnt frm others.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 11:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
However dey wanna do it, dis SUG's vibe has been killed... Tho still #TeamPelumi....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 2:10am On Aug 04, 2014
Vote Pelumi... Say No To Politics Of Calumny

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 9:35am On Aug 04, 2014
mrpresido3: the major things are JAMB result d original color copy dat has ur photograph on it. And bank draft. Please do cm wth all ur credential because thing do get change, and d way we are seeing dis post utme may b completely
Dffrnt frm others.
ok thanks
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by hayubee(m): 11:53am On Aug 04, 2014
Is a new section starting after d examination cos a rumor iz circulating dat next resumption is jan nxt year is it tru
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Bashimi: 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
hayubee: Is a new section starting after d examination cos a rumor iz circulating dat next resumption is jan nxt year is it tru
dat one is impossible bro,if d new session start jan by feb again election is holding compulsory holiday i believe by october d school we resume fully for new session

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.