Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (625227 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Righteour(m): 10:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
kingobasi: UNIABUJA for the first time holds Matriculation Ceremony for Sandwich tomorrow being the 27th of Sept at the Cov ground in the Main-Campus.
Whats the latest about the matriculation, anybody with a salubrious news?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Stanley07(m): 2:23am On Sep 28, 2014
God will see u people through.
I will gladly welcome u guys to come enjoy the weather wit us.
Presido are u still in gwags?i want to knw if ur faculty has gwags for us.
just came here cos am bored

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 7:37am On Sep 28, 2014
Lol! Dat gwags weather that can cook yam. Never stayed for long in gwags but i heard its a cousin to hell.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Righteour(m): 10:28am On Sep 28, 2014
rakish: Lol! Dat gwags weather that can cook yam. Never stayed for long in gwags but i heard its a cousin to hell.
Lols! You are very funny.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 10:40am On Sep 28, 2014
Righteour:
let them put my name in d list I want to feel this weather too,I like it when is hot....lol
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Stanley07(m): 11:10am On Sep 28, 2014
Righteour:
chukwudi1989: nope but some1 said he Saw my name on yet to past list last nite
Righteour:

Is still raining as at last week wen i left for home.Oct/Nov weather is smtin else.february to april is worse.i bet u'vnt seen dis type of harmattan,hot air.
God will answer your prayers,so u may experience wat me,mrpresido,wittywizard are experiencing.Happy Sunday
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by willaiye(m): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
Righteour:
I was offered the course I put in for "Banking & Finance" and you.
Not yet ,waiting for pasted list when will u start registration?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Righteour(m): 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
willaiye: Not yet ,waiting for pasted list when will u start registration?
The registration is not yet on, meanwhile do you heard any news regarding the registration?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Righteour(m): 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
Righteour:
The registration is not yet on, meanwhile do you heard any news regarding the registration?
My earnest prayer is to meet my online friends face to face in Gwags particularly as a student of UNIABUJA. If you understand this quote Amen
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 6:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
Please who will help me check my name when The list comes out.......?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
Stanley07: God will see u people through.
I will gladly welcome u guys to come enjoy the weather wit us.
Presido are u still in gwags?i want to knw if ur faculty has gwags for us.
just came here cos am bored
should I call u off and on or lost and found? U jst ran away from this thread and left us struggling for information alone. I dey my house since ooooo. Though am still getting the latest frm gwagz sha.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
chukwudi1989: Please who will help me check my name when The list comes out.......?
i just hope it wont be accessible in the skul only,maybe on d skul site,newspaper too.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
Righteour:
Whats the latest about the matriculation, anybody with a salubrious news?
Abt the matriculation, they said it was awesome and after part was @atlass
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Righteour(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
kingobasi:
Abt the matriculation, they said it was awesome and after part was @atlass
Am sorry, I don't really understand ur abbrevation "@atlass". Pls, elaborate
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Wittywizard(m): 9:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
Stan stan stan... Ma honourable sec. Gen i sight you.... Good evening all.. Nairalanders... Pls, for news about post-ume be it heard it through a source or a friend or d last senate meeting or from d marine spirit abeg make una no let us freeze b4 we die.... Let d living bury d dead,.... For now ehn no news about any news and for now d only news we wanna be hearing is pictures of renovations and for those that are still in gwags, pls, if there is any reasonable news. Paste it here.... I can sight pple like poffistand and others.... Abeg oooh where is richiez and dis other moderator.. Pardon me cos i have forgoteen d name presido. Abeg wen we resume. One bottle of odeku for ur head and those that have already been admitted and for those that are still waiting for the list.... I promise you that by the help of his infinit mercy you are already admitted.. Jus believe... Ofor those that are already a student in other department, make una help me tell pple weh dey for other department that are already student in d school that t he Delta state bursary allocation will end wednesday.... Abeg sec. Gen give dem d info... For more info about how u wil collect ur money... Abeg make una ask stanley07... He is the secretary general for the association...
Thank you
wittycares..
2go: francis6781.
Watssapp: 07037169000
phone: 07037169000
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
rakish: i just hope it wont be accessible in the skul only,maybe on d skul site,newspaper too.
it is gonna b at d mini and main campus and no where else. That is uniabj 4 u.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 1:42am On Sep 29, 2014
UNIABUJA 2014 Sandwich Student Matriculation on 27th of september, 2014.

Prof Odumuh charges UniAbuja sandwich students on school's rules, regulations ...

– Prof. Theresa Odumuh of the Faculty of Education, University of Abuja (UniAbuja), on Saturday in Gwagwalada, FCT, urged sandwich students to comply with the rules and regulations of the institution.
Odumuh gave the advice at the matriculation/orientation of sandwich students of the Institute of Education, UniAbuja.

According to her, ethics are set standards, expectations and aspirations of all educators and students are expected to comply with the stipulated rules and regulations.
She said that both students and lecturers had a collective responsibility to obey the rules and regulations, embrace and practise them.

“This will enhance the achievements of a qualitative education and give the teaching profession the honour and dignity it deserves.

“This will also make your stay in the campus fruitful and you will imbibe and receive the necessary preparation for your professional practice.
“So as professionals, so much is expected of you and your behaviour must reflect the ideals of the Nigerian society,’’ Odumuh said.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
olojooluwatobi: Andrew kindly stepup naw no one can be so stupid to meet u for runz, if u av no better job doing u can join those Northerners rearing cow in Gwagz. God Bless.
was Pblm with Northerners. Rubbissh
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
olojooluwatobi: Andrew kindly stepup naw no one can be so stupid to meet u for runz, if u av no better job doing u can join those Northerners rearing cow in Gwagz. God Bless.
was ur Pblm with Northerners. Rubbissh
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 9:27am On Sep 30, 2014
AN INTERVIEW WITH UNIABUJA VICE CHANCELLOR: PROF.
MICHAEL U. ADIKWU
I WILL MAKE SURE UNIABUJA BECOME A
RESEARCH ORIENTED – ADIKWU Said
Professor Michael U. Adikwu is the new Vice-
Chancellor of the University of Abuja. In this
interview with reporters at the university, the
new VC states his priorities and how he plans to achieve them.
Usman waziri was there.
Excerpts:
WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO RESOLVE THE
CRISES AT THE UNIVERSITY?
I am shocked when you are still talking about
crisis at the university. When I came here the
two unions were in strike. Are you
understanding me? The mood of the people here were very bad
before. But if you ask a few people now, the mood has been
improved and that the two unions have called-off their strikes. So
we are putting a lot of structures in place to make sure that
everybody is happy. Unfortunately, in any
organization not everybody that will be taking along.
WHAT WOULD BE YOUR PROGRAMME OF
ACTION AT THE UNIVERSITY?
I have a lot of programmes. But it is very
difficult to summarize in one or two sentences. We are talking
about the university of 21st century.
Firstly, we ought to be ICT compliance, that is
the number one reason. Now, if you pass
along the road, the outlook of the university
especially the sign board of the university looks like that of a
secondary school. Infact, I have told the people to look at the sign
board and give us a befitting sign board. We ought to look at the
entire environment and see what we can do to improve on the
environment. The other thing is capacity building. At this
university, we need to
improve the numbers of staff in terms of capacity building. We do
know that what makes the university is not just teaching but
researching and teaching. And why most of the universities failed
it was in the area of research. So I will make sure University of
Abuja become a research oriented. So, if I have a little money
what I will do is to bring the people from the oversee who will
come to the university and help us to redefine researchable topics
as well work with us. There is a principle in life that when a
man has lost his appetite the best way to
make him to eat is to eat with others as he watches them he will
be able to eat. Infact, if you go to the oversee many of their
children are interested in social research so that they become
celebrities, but there are core people that are doing the research
to keep th. economy going. If you see all the gadgets you people
are using to interview me are not made in this country. But we like
enjoying the products of technology, so
we ought to change our orientation. We must learn on how to go
into deep research through capacity building. Secondly, I will
circulate information of both doctorate research. You see one of
the things that make the people idle here is that they do not travel.
If we make our researchers to go to the oversee and come back
and internalize this university the picture will changes.
WHAT IS YOUR MESSAGE TO THE ENTIRE
STAFF OF THE UNIVERSITY?
My message to the staff of the university is
that everybody should be up and doing. The era of I do not care
has passed. If you are not willing, the trend will leave you.
THE UNIVERSITY IS BLESSED WITH THE
NATURAL RESOURCES THAT IS TO SAY
THERE IS VEST LAND. HOW DO YOU INTEND TO CONVERT THIS TO
INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE?
We are looking at that, but the first thing to
do is to see if we can have perimeter fencing. Of recent, forty-five
cows made for researching and teaching we’re stolen from the
faculties of veterinary medicine and agriculture. So, it will be
difficult to even go into commercial agriculture here without first
of all securing this environment. There are a lot of things we can
do here, but we ought to talk about the security first.
HOW DO YOU INTEND TO HANDLE THE
ISSUE OF ADMISSION AT THE UNIVERSITY?
Now we have in place a well structured
admission now. Infact, the people are not
even considered the university of Abuja as they used
to do because of frequent changes here. But we ought to change
that picture.
SIR, I HAVE YOUR 37 POINTS AGENDA AT MY
DISPOSAL NOW. HOW DO YOU INTEND TO
REALIZE THEM?
The way of realizing those things is to work
hard. Put the structures in place. You can see
that today we are talking about distance
learning. Once we are able to generate the
fund, achieving those 37 goals will become easy. First of all, we
ought to break those goals into the implementable units. Once we
do that, implementing them become easier.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
New session starts 6th october(i guess freshers) and admission list wil be out anytime frm now. -uniabuja's webmaster.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by brygitte(f): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2014
rakish: New session starts 6th october(i guess freshers) and admission list wil be out anytime frm now. -uniabuja's webmaster.
but 6th is Public holiday.besides I nid sumfin like circula to believe this information.tnks..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 3:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
brygitte: but 6th is Public holiday.besides I nid sumfin like circula to believe this information.tnks..
you are still waiting for circular?, o ma pe ni be grin, you better start preparing. people like Poff and I already knew we were supposed to resuming on the 6th, but with the break it might be moved till 9th(wed), so my sis prep for resumption, admin list is coming latest Friday.. watch and see

I saw the school calendar, so this no hear say, we are resuming next week .
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by willaiye(m): 3:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
rakish: New session starts 6th october(i guess freshers) and admission list wil be out anytime frm now. -uniabuja's webmaster.
Oshey G!!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dannyxy: you are still waiting for circular?, o ma pe ni be grin, you better start preparing. people like Poff and I already knew we were supposed to resuming on the 6th, but with the break it might be moved till 9th(wed), so my sis prep for resumption, admin list is coming latest Friday.. watch and see

GBAM.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by brygitte(f): 5:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dannyxy: you are still waiting for circular?, o ma pe ni be grin, you better start preparing. people like Poff and I already knew we were supposed to resuming on the 6th, but with the break it might be moved till 9th(wed), so my sis prep for resumption, admin list is coming latest Friday.. watch and see

lol as if u dnt know uniabuja.n where did dey Paste d calendar?where did you see it?if you like go to school on d 6th wen the school has nt called for freshers,OYO 4 you n Poffi,abi u nor hear say na insider Paste dat your calender?and e dey Prone 2 change.until d school release their official calender,nofin goo aPen.if u n Poffi like mk una write una own calender self. grin

lol as if u dnt know uniabuja.n where did dey Paste d calendar?where did you see it?if you like go to school on d 6th wen the school has nt called for freshers,OYO 4 you n Poffi,abi u nor hear say na insider Paste dat your calender?and e dey Prone 2 change.until d school release their official calender,nofin goo aPen.if u n Poffi like mk una write una own calender self. Ibieka wa ye khin
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 5:53pm On Sep 30, 2014

6th and 7th is a public holiday
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
And there is no circular that we are resuming nxt week or upper so we just need to chill and wait for their information... We will all know dat day wen it comes....

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.