Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (625203 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Righteour(m): 3:42am On Oct 02, 2014
daramolamercy2: Incontestably; D Timtable is 4 Unizik not 4 Uniabuja. For Confirmation http://campusportal.com.ng/unizik/nnamdi-azikiwe-univ-unizik-20142015-academic-calendar/24580/
Thanks for the quick notification.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by davidchuks89(m): 7:33am On Oct 02, 2014
CALL HELPLINE ON; 08162558764 FOR YOUR POST UTME RUNS
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by poffistands: 8:17am On Oct 02, 2014
davidchuks89: CALL HELPLINE ON; 08162558764 FOR YOUR POST UTME RUNS
who be dis one again? Oga u miss road? Abi nut loose for head as u wake up
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by poffistands: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2014
kingobasi: FIRST SEMESTER
1. Monday October 27, 2014 - New Students
Return and Continue Payment of Fees and
Registration.
2. Wednesday October 29, 2014 - Senate Meeting
3. Monday November 3, 2014 - Old Students
Return and Lectures Commence for all students.
4. Monday November 10-Tuesday November 11,
2014 - Orientation of New Students
5. Friday November 21, 2014 - Matriculation
6. Wednesday November 26, 2014 - Senate
Meeting
7. Tuesday December 9, 2014 - University Wide
Quiz
8. Thursday December 11, 2014 - Students' Union
Election
9. Tuesday December 23, 2014 to Friday January
2, 2015 - Christmas Break
10. Monday January 5, 2015 - Lectures Continue
11. Wednesday January 28, 2015 - Senate
Meeting
12. Monday February 16 to Friday February 20,
2015 - Revision Week
13. Monday February 23, 2015 - First Semester
Examinations Commence
14. Wednesday March 4, 2015 - Committee of
Deans Meeting
15. Friday March 13, 2015 - First Semester
Examinations End
16. Wednesday March 18, 2015 - Senate Meeting
17. Monday March 16 to Friday March 20, 2015 -
First Semester Break
kingobasi if no be say na the same village we come from I for cast my lineage ancestral spell on u,i understand the whole thing was a misinformation but why were u faster than ur shadow to post it here? U just delight in delivering hrt breaking news to people's door step,do u knw how many awaiting students could not sleep bcus of dis unprecedented news.myself being one of such sad victims and my poor friend bridget who usually snores when she sleeps but last night her eyes were wide open staring at the ceiling till dawn.we demand a full compensated apology.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by poffistands: 8:43am On Oct 02, 2014
daramolamercy2: Incontestably; D Timtable is 4 Unizik not 4 Uniabuja. For Confirmation http://campusportal.com.ng/unizik/nnamdi-azikiwe-univ-unizik-20142015-academic-calendar/24580/
dear daramolamercy... wagbayi. On behalf of everyone, I just wonna commend u for rapt intervention,quickly contradicting the misconception with sound fact and reason,nd restoring our nearly shattered hopes by some imps who probably propagated dis rumour.merci,gracias.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Bashimi: 8:51am On Oct 02, 2014
poffistands: kingobasi if no be say na the same village we come from I for cast my lineage ancestral spell on u,i understand the whole thing was a misinformation but why were u faster than ur shadow to post it here? U just delight in delivering hrt breaking news to people's door step,do u knw how many awaiting students could not sleep bcus of dis unprecedented news.myself being one of such sad victims and my poor friend bridget who usually snores when she sleeps but last night her eyes were wide open staring at the ceiling till dawn.we demand a full compensated apology.
@poff i beg any changes about d calendar pls
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by poffistands: 9:02am On Oct 02, 2014
Bashimi: @poff i beg any changes about d calendar pls

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2014
*Sighs* #gutted
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by poffistands: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2014
GET TO KNOW YOUR VC. THIS IS MY DEFINITION OF A VISIONEER

http://www.idomaland.org/icon/professor-michael-umale-adikwu

Let's not expect the inconsistency of his predessor's tenure in this new era.keeping to one's word is what determines a trust worthy person,so far this illustrious man has been amenable,empathetic,committed and trustworthy.

I don't see ample reasons why resumption Shld be postponed on the following grounds,first,the contractors signed a contract with the sch authorities to meet up with the deadline for the completion of the project,they wouldn't wonna breach that. secondly,frm observations the workers have been working day and night to meet up with this project in cold and hot weathers,its just the windows and ceilings remaining I don't knw about girls hostels though, and lastly....

The school senate and sug usually holds its meetings concerning matters affecting the institution on Wednesdays not Tuesdays,no meeting was held yesterday cause they were monitoring the wrk at the hostels.

It is indeed salubrious to know the truth.
The repetition of a lie never makes it the truth(lord paul 2014).#stoptherumours this is a university for crying out loud.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 02, 2014
Pics: source Publicity secretary Northern Nigerian student Forum Gamji. UniAbuja chapter

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by brygitte(f): 10:56am On Oct 02, 2014
poffistands: kingobasi if no be say na the same village we come from I for cast my lineage ancestral spell on u,i understand the whole thing was a misinformation but why were u faster than ur shadow to post it here? U just delight in delivering hrt breaking news to people's door step,do u knw how many awaiting students could not sleep bcus of dis unprecedented news.myself being one of such sad victims and my poor friend bridget who usually snores when she sleeps but last night her eyes were wide open staring at the ceiling till dawn.we demand a full compensated apology.
hahhahaahhaahhahaha.Poffi,if ah catch u eeeh.jst run 4rm mega screen b4 I get 2 gwags oo.if nt eeeh.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=poffistands][/quote]this calendar has been change to 27th not 12th again.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 12:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
I sensed that since yesterday, am very very sorry for that.... Am not in gwagz so I got that info from from ma dept group..... Abeg miss bridget sleep and dream well o no allow ur bp rise ooo just jokin lol and hv a lovely day ahead of u...don't kn if ma apology is granted..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
this run away member! So u are still with us.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
kingobasi: I sensed that since yesterday, am very very sorry for that.... Am not in gwagz so I got that info from from ma dept group..... Abeg miss bridget sleep and dream well o no allow ur bp rise ooo just jokin lol and hv a lovely day ahead of u...don't kn if ma apology is granted..
over granted sef. Just becoz u pasted a false information doesn't mean we shuld hold any grudge or be angry coz no man is above that. We rely on rumours here and hope its true so no biggy.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
mrpresido3: this run away member! So u are still with us.
I heard u were in malaysia @dara lol...... Where were u
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
rakish: over granted sef. Just becoz u pasted a false information doesn't mean we shuld hold any grudge or be angry coz no man is above that. We rely on rumours here and hope its true so no biggy.
Thanks bro
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
kingobasi:
I heard u were in malaysia @dara lol...... Where were u
Ah! Dat is not true. I dey Abuja oooo.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
buhaha, I for say, the calendar was very inconsistent, anyways.
it is well.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Help4rmme2u(m): 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
Uniabuja cannot resume on the 12th or 13th let's face the fact. Most of the chairs and bulding must be changed before we even think of resuming, attending lectures in this kind of environment aint safe, bad toilets,lecture halls not up to satndard to fit in NUC univ. Standards. Anyways am in gwagz I'm gonna be keeping all ya posted.
Any news concerning uniabuja should be found here in details.
Our school's,our own
http://www.ngreports..com
Follow on twitter: http://twitter.com/ngreports247
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by willaiye(m): 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
isn't admission list supposed to be pasted today?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
willaiye: isn't admission list supposed to be pasted today?
with the postponement of resumption?, I don't think so..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
If they are nt resuming anytym soon let us knw so i cn just go bk to my poly and complete my programme(2nd year). E go beta 4 me.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
rakish: If they are nt resuming anytym soon let us knw so i cn just go bk to my poly and complete my programme(2nd year). E go beta 4 me.
you better go back oh, uniabuja is not serious, I don't think they will resume this year again, probably by February next year, if dey even vex, they might decide to resume after election next year, better remove your mind from uniabuja, half bread is better than puff Puff oh..

.muhahaha, I know say your heart don't cut finish,
bro just calm down, let's wait till next week.
the sallah break spoilt everything, now we don't even know the new date, we just have to rely on rumour, the school will never Come out to inform properly, and that's one of my main problem with uniabuja, very poor P.R..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
"shun every rumour concerning resumption for now... resumption date will be made known next week"

source: @uniabuja gist

let's wait and see..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
another related news,

"this is to inform members to the public and students of the university of abuja, uniabuja, that the school would resume for academic activities on the 12th October, 2014.

according to vnti reporter, Mr, Adesokan Michael Tobi, there are renovations currently on at the university of Abuja, Gwagwalada, but this would not prevent resumption of academic activities in the Federal capital, on the 12th October.

we wish all students best, on their return to the university!"

source: vnti
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
~ NEWS OF THE DAY ~
UNIABUJA LISTED AMONG THE AUTHORIZED NIGERIA
UNIVERSITIES TO AWARD MASTERS & PhD.
Masters? PhD? Beware: NUC List Of Nigerian Universities With
Approved Postgraduate Programmes
The National Universities Commission has warned that only 58
of the universities in Nigeria have approval to run
postgraduate programmes
Only fifty-eight(58) Nigerian universities have approved post-
graduate programmes according to a list recently published
the National Universities Commission (NUC) in its bulletin.
According to the NUC, it is concerned that some universities
are running illegal postgraduate programmes.
“The National Universities Commission (NUC) has observed
with great concern that some Nigerian universities are running
unapproved postgraduate programmes, leading to the award
of Masters and PhD degrees.
“The Commission has also observed that some Parastatals and
Institutes are awarding these same Postgraduate degrees,
either on their own or through unapproved affiliations with
Nigerian and foreign Universities. Such practices are not only
unethical, but also antithetical to time-tested quality assurance
best practices.”
It warned that “qualifications/awards resulting therefrom are
not recognized.”
Here are the universities that have approval to offer
postgraduate programmes at the Masters’ and Ph.D levels in
Nigeria:
FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES:
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
Bayero University, Kano
Federal University of Technology, Akure
Federal University of Technology, Minna
Federal University of Technology, Owerri
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos.
Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
University of Agriculture, Makurdi
University of Benin, Benin City
University of Calabar, Calabar
University of Ibadan, Ibadan
University of llorin, llorin
University of Jos, Jos
University of Lagos, Akoka
University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri
University of Nigeria, Nsukka
University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt
University of Uyo, Uyo
Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
STATE UNIVERSITIES:
Abia State University, Uturu
Adamawa State University, Mubi
Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
Anambra State University, Uli
Benue State University, Makurdi
Cross River University of Technology, Calabar
Delta State University, Abraka
Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu
Imo State University, Owerri
Kogi State University, Anyigba
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso
Lagos State University, Ojo.
Nasarawa State University, Keffi
Niger-Delta University, Wilberforce Island
Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port
Harcourt
Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University, Katsina
Gombe State University, Gombe
PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES:
African University of Science and Technology, Abuja
American University of Nigeria, Yola
Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
Bowen University, Iwo
Covenant University, Ota
Igbinedion University, Okada
Pan-African University, Lekki
Redeemer’s University, Mowe, Ogun State
Caleb University, Lagos
Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji, Osun State
The NUC added that only postgraduate certificates from the
listed universities are “valid for employment, further studies
and other purposes.”
It also provided contact details for the verification of
programmes and certificate.
THANKS AND REMAIN BLESSED.
ONE LOVE! KEEPS US 2GEDA!!!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Reetarh: 9:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
na wa ooo. i don tire my sef gan... abeg wen d 2nd list dey come out.. make una tell me quick.. make i no if i go jeje waka go buy jamb form nw...
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
The 2nd list will come out anytime soon. I was with the Chairman of the admission committee today, they are compiling 2nd list and this is their last meeting, so put your ears on the ground. 2nd list any time soon.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kudos to the vice chancellor for bringing back academic culture on campus, I believe the inter- faculty/ inter- departmental quiz will be an applauded break from the useless norm we hard before.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
sakaguchi: The 2nd list will come out anytime soon. I was with the Chairman of the admission committee today, they are compiling 2nd list and this is their last meeting, so put your ears on the ground. 2nd list any time soon.
cool, so can you help us confirm the real resumption date?, it will be real nice if you can do that bro
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
Also, the SUG election does not invalidate the one conducted last semester, this election is an accretion election as the SUG constitution said that parliament will have reps from all faculties (2 each), from all departments (1 each) and from all halls of residence in the school Hostels (1 each). So far, what we have is only 2 from each faculty making them to be 22 parliamentarians. These setting above should increase the number to Eighty Something parliamentarians.

I had that Pelumi don't want parliament again because the people who won are not his people. He wanted Ben's friend to be the speaker because Ben stepped down for him. He and Ben took an oath with the Holy Bible that Prince (Ben's friend) will be the speaker. To achieve this, Prince resigned from his post as speaker from Chemistry and bought parliamentary form. He lost the election and tried to rig it. However, his election was overturned and Pelumi is mad. Pelumi, from what I heard want to control every arms of government like a dictator. He doesn't want the parliament to be big because then, they will have enough power to query him. However, every department can now have a departmental rep.

Also, Each faculty is suppose to have one rep in the Judiciary. Pelumi want only law student to be in the Judiciary. However, the constitution says each faculty will have one rep and Law faculty will have 6 reps.

These are some of the pending elections that must be fixed.

Uniabuja students! Shine your eyes, the union is for everybody and not for Pelumi alone, go into government, be in government. It is a Union Government not a Kingdom hence the name SUG as against SK.

Pick up your forms and be in the parliament. I was in a lecture with Jude Imagwe ( Special Adviser to the President on Youths and Students matters) last week in Uniben and he said he spent 3 years non-stop in Unibens parliament and that had built his leadership skills until he became NANS president.

Make sure you demand for your constitution, we are paying 2 thousand naira for SUG every session, a constitution of 30 pages won't cost anything for Pelumi to give us as receipt. Knowledge is power, without knowledge, people will cheat you. If we have the constitution, we can say Yes when people want to say no!

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.