Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,423 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? (109649 Views)

Know The Difference Between Brazilian And Peruvian Hair / Peruvian Hair Indian Hair Brazilian Hair Which One Is Better / Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by femzy(m): 9:26am On May 21, 2012
Peruvian vs Brazillian Hair on a Monday morning
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by putro(m): 9:30am On May 21, 2012
runsbabe: Recently, I put up this topic on my blog:

Source: Peruvian Vs Brazilian Weaves(www.runsbabe.com)

So dear NLanders, what do you think? Is Brazilian hair better than Peruvian hair? I know I ran away from the seller when I heard the price but I am seriously considering getting any of the two. Please help. I look forward to your responses.
Should we even be discussing this, when will you bitches start learning that nigerian money is hard earned and not to be wasted on stupid things like weave-on. Why are we so blinded by our lust for things that is killing our economy with foolish spending on stuffs like this? Woe betide every nigerian that spend 25k on common weave-on. What hi wrong with our own Yaki fake abi? God will fake your life

2 Likes

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Fynist(m): 9:36am On May 21, 2012
What about Hair from Arjen Robben?
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by putro(m): 9:45am On May 21, 2012
apocalypse:

Engrish you no fit spoke , which one be "more better" abi your Engrish teacher dey for strike when you dey school ?
How she go fit spoken Engrish when na hair the Omo-ofo go study for school.
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by lahips: 10:37am On May 21, 2012

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by lahips: 10:40am On May 21, 2012
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by freecocoa(f): 10:52am On May 21, 2012
I can't believe people are giving sensible replies to this rubbish. msctcheeew.
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by omobusola(f): 11:03am On May 21, 2012
Naija babes, una go soon learn the hard way if u people dont stop all dis vanity, how do u explain wen a girl wears hair of 100k and she is still flying okada and keke napep, u can't even afford to buy a car, or u dey wear that kain hair and your family background is dirt-poor, seriously seriously, if there is anything I hate is when a babe is forming and her life style is in total contrast with her family background. Dear sisters this fake life won't carry us anywhere.
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by killuminati(m): 11:04am On May 21, 2012
lahips: Miztee hair price list:
CONTACT - 07069314901

VIRGIN BRAZILLIAN & INDIAN HAIR ( 100 GRAMS PER WRAP)

By inches
10 - 7,000
12 - 8,000
14 - 10,000
16 - 11,000
18 - 12,000
20 - 14,000
22 - 16,000
24 - 17,500
26 - 20,000
28 - 22,500
30 - 24,000

Virgin PERUVIAN hair (100 grams per wrap)

by Inches

12 - 15,000
14 - 17,000
16 - 19,000
18 - 21,000
20 - 24,000
22 - 27,000
24 - 30,000

Now there is a new invention which is the lace closure and lace frontal, the closure makes hair partings look real, while the frontal takes the whole front of the head and appears like lace wig, find below the price list.

LACE CLOSURE

by inches

8 - 12,000
10 - 13,000
12 - 15,000
14 - 20,000
16 - 25,000
18 - 30,000

LACE FRONTAL

by inches

12 - 20,000
14 - 25,000
16 - 30,000
18 - 35,000
20 - 40,000

FULL HEAD LACE WIG

12 - 35,000
14 - 40,000
16 - 45,000
18 - 60,000
20 - 65,000
22 - 70,000
24 - 80,000
26 - 85,000
29 - 90,000

contact Jumoke on 07069314901 to get your's or for a friend, wife, sister, babe, mum, girlfirend, whatever.

@ POSTER, Peruvian is more silky than brazillian, durability of he product depends on how you take care of the hair. funny enough like someone said it depends on the producers also, cause i have seen some brazillian that is as smooth as peruvian.
O buoy see level o! So hair self get virgin?
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:43am On May 21, 2012
Abegi, I prefer NGBEKE HAIR grin

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:57am On May 21, 2012
What a waste of front page space!!
I'm sure its aunty muki dah put it dere.. ?? ?? ??
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by IRAPADA(m): 12:08pm On May 21, 2012
I think fulani hair is better than both
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by solaceguy(m): 12:44pm On May 21, 2012
K
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 21, 2012
Good hair, bad hair? Black Brazilian women and girls also struggle with this hegemonic ideology
[img]http://2.bp..com/-9KJ4DQ77B2w/TyC9WTc9NSI/AAAAAAAACqA/UaQEPMOrXKA/s1600/Tenho+cabelo+duro....jpg[/img]
Good hair, yes sir!
Brazil is experiencing a peak of racism where prejudice against curly/kinky hair harms women of all ages

Emanuelle Vanderlei

Carolina is a 12 year old black girl, is and already dreaming of a “escova progessiva (progressive blow dry treatment)”. Her mother asked her why and she replied: "I wanted to be more beautiful. Grace (a woman that drives the school bus) said that the other girls that have messed up hair like mine have done it and they looked great.” Carolina didn’t quite understand, but at such an age she already tries to deny her identity in order escape from one of the worst legacies that is still a part of Brazilian society: racism.

Although few people actually admit the racial prejudice that they harbor, negative comments about curly/kinky hair is open and accepted as if it were natural. In Brazil, still today, it is common to hear people classify someone’s hair by saying "such and such has cabelo ruim (bad hair)."

Read More: http://www.blackwomenofbrazil.com/2012/01/good-hair-yes-sir.html

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 21, 2012
Bet you ain't talking about this type of Peruvian hair angry

Susana Baca, the Peruvian vocalist who became internationally renowned with "Maria Lando," a track in the 1995 David-Byrne-produced CD The Soul of Black Peru, has often been compared to Cesaria Evora, from Cabo Verde. It's not surprising; both women have found rich material in folk traditions of their countries, and both sing songs that are rooted in gloomy emotions: pain, nostalgia, longing. Susana Baca is not only one of the greatest divas in South America, she is a tireless researcher, and is largely responsible for the revival of many forms of Afro-Peruvian folklore. She is also the founder of the "Centro Experimental de Música Negrocontinuo" (Institute of the Black Continuum), a cultural center dedicated to the study of Afro-Peruvian music and dance. Won a GRAMMY AWARD in 2002.

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by JojoArmani(m): 1:47pm On May 21, 2012
youngwiz: There is no topic that cannot reach frontpage. Next maybe "Shiitting in the bush or toilet, which is better" and it will get to frontpage...nonsense
cant stop laughin @ dis.
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by missravishing: 1:52pm On May 21, 2012
My dear dnt mind dem,na ppl wey no get d moni go d talk abt buyin cheap N500 weavon,didn't u hear her saying its 4 a gov party,she needs 2look eaquisite,hv attended such parties several tymes so I no what it means carrying a cheap N500 weavon and an expensive one.anyways my dear I'll advice u 2go 4d peruvian hair,its much more better,I hv noth so I no what am saying bt shine ur eyes fake full market,if ur in ph lemme no I cud direct u 2wer u'll get 100% peruvian hair...
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 21, 2012
miss ravishing: My dear dnt mind dem,na ppl wey no get d moni go d talk abt buyin cheap N500 weavon,didn't u hear her saying its 4 a gov party,she needs 2look eaquisite,hv attended such parties several tymes so I no what it means carrying a cheap N500 weavon and an expensive one.anyways my dear I'll advice u 2go 4d peruvian hair,its much more better,I hv noth so I no what am saying bt shine ur eyes fake full market,if ur in ph lemme no I cud direct u 2wer u'll get 100% peruvian hair...

I know you probably did not give this a second thought, but do you have any idea how racist you sound?
Are you aware there are black people who look just like you in Peru and Brazil.
Do you even care?

Black in Latin America Mexico & Peru: A Hidden Race
http://video.pbs.org/video/1915580662/

Black in Latin America Brazil: A Racial Paradise?
http://video.pbs.org/video/1906000944/
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by tuneh(f): 3:27pm On May 21, 2012
This is the best expression of African hair
cost: priceless!

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by shizzle11(m): 4:31pm On May 21, 2012
Trailer load of mtcheeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by fromacho: 6:40pm On May 21, 2012
One Peruvian hair = 40 bags of cement
One brazillian hair = 1600 blocks *shake my head* laughing in spanish..
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by base11(f): 9:38pm On May 21, 2012
omobusola: Naija babes, una go soon learn the hard way if u people dont stop all dis vanity, how do u explain wen a girl wears hair of 100k and she is still flying okada and keke napep, u can't even afford to buy a car, or u dey wear that kain hair and your family background is dirt-poor, seriously seriously, if there is anything I hate is when a babe is forming and her life style is in total contrast with her family background. Dear sisters this fake life won't carry us anywhere.

Abi o! I tire.
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by tpia5: 2:33am On May 22, 2012
so are we saying brazilian has more quality hair?
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by fortyfeet(m): 10:02pm On May 22, 2012
see topic
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by tribalism(m): 10:19pm On May 22, 2012
this one no concern me. na from time i don convince my own say "low cut" de fit am pass.
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by lomzy1(m): 12:48am On May 23, 2012
There is no doubt that INDIAN hair is d best. Brazilian hair is made from indian hair materials. The indians normally donate their hair to temples as a form of tradition and rituals. The hairs are then sourced and treated to be sold by local manufacturers of hair.
Indian hair is tangle free, dont shed either. It comes in straight, wavy and curly patterns.
You have to beware of inferior indian human hair though, they come in various grades especially those manufactured in china are of low quality.

We are licenced distributor and marketers of BLINK HAIR. It is 100% virgin/natural remi indian human hair. It doesn't tangle nor shed. It could be used for a very long period. U can swim with it. Its just natural.

We import directly from a manufacturer in india. Our hair is 100% guaranteed.

Pls visit our facebook page: facebook.com/blinkhair
Phones: 08023881557, 07064821943.
BB PIN: 20F4607A

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 02, 2012
lomzy1: There is no doubt that INDIAN hair is d best. Brazilian hair is made from indian hair materials. The indians normally donate their hair to temples as a form of tradition and rituals. The hairs are then sourced and treated to be sold by local manufacturers of hair.
Indian hair is tangle free, dont shed either. It comes in straight, wavy and curly patterns.
You have to beware of inferior indian human hair though, they come in various grades especially those manufactured in china are of low quality.

We are licenced distributor and marketers of BLINK HAIR. It is 100% virgin/natural remi indian human hair. It doesn't tangle nor shed. It could be used for a very long period. U can swim with it. Its just natural.

We import directly from a manufacturer in india. Our hair is 100% guaranteed.

Pls visit our facebook page: facebook.com/blinkhair
Phones: 08023881557, 07064821943.
BB PIN: 20F4607A

Weavons from Indian temples flood Nigeria
Friday, 01 June 2012 23:35 administrator

By Richard Ihediwa and Joy Baba
Every month, over 60 million weaves also called weavons derived from hairs dedicated to deities in Indian temples found their ways into the Nigerian market for unsuspecting ladies who use them as hair attachments.
They come in various colours, texture and style and have continued to tighten grip on the society, selling over 40 million packets a month. The industry has become one of the biggest fashion industries, raking in over NI.2 billion every month.
Approximately, one out of every two grown up ladies in the country wears weavon on regular basis. Weavons became very popular during the 70s with the increasing craze to identify with Hollywood actresses but they have successfully held contemporary ladies in iron grip as the craze for enhanced beauty continue to be on the rise.
Irrespective of age and status, many women wear weavons basically to enhance facial beauty. For others they are status symbols while to others yet, it is a cover for deficiency of hair. Today even toddlers are babies wear weavons at the instance of their parents for enhanced beauty.

On the whole, wearing of weavons has fallen under serious controversy as many faith-based and cultural groups in the country condemn it and bar their members from patronizing it based on religious and cultural reasons. On the other hand, supporters of free range modernism embrace it alongside other artificial and perceived extremist fashions.
Those who condemn the practice do so, on the ground that whatever is not natural to a person is not appropriate. Many religious groups associate weavons to the occult and abhor them as elements of defilement which they believe can attract demonic or diabolic powers on them. However, the questions are; how are weavons made? Do they actually come from the occult? Do they actually come from Hindu temples in India? Do they come from the dead? Do they attract evil powers and influences on the wearers?

Basically, weavons are in three broad categories, namely; real human hair, animal and synthetic weavons. While synthetic weavons are made basically of plastic, human hair weavons are actually made of hair cut from real humans. Animal hair weavons are made from horse tail and yak.
Synthetic weavons are inexpensive and does not have natural looks. Many ladies under the low income group as well as the religious use this type.
Animal weavons come from yak, boar or horsetail hairs. They are sometimes mixed in with human or synthetic hair to create a cheaper extension. These sell at about N1,500 to N10,000. People can have allergic reactions to animal hair, though, especially yak.

On the other hand, humans weavons come from hair cut from real human hair and they are costly selling up to N25,000 to N70,000 and up to over N100,000.
The big question is, do the human hair weavons actually come from Indian temples? The truth is that many Indian women offer their hair to deities in Hindu temples in a show of respect and gratitude and the hairs find themselves in the markets.According reports by Indian media, Hindu temples are the largest hair suppliers. The top grosser is the famous temple in Tirupati.

Every year, over 9 million devotees stand in serpentine queues to pay obeisance to its deity and have their heads shorn to fulfill a vow or pledge. After the hair is collected, the temple stores it in 14 steel containers, with male and female hair kept separate. Once the warehouse is stocked, auction notices are advertised in four languages, all south Indian, in three popular newspapers and on the temple's official Web site.
Reports by Women’s eNews an Indian online media front have it that temple administrators say that the volume of hair has been increasing every year since the 1980s as the number of devotees has risen in tandem with the overall population of the country.
“The temple, which employed only a few barbers in the 1960s and 1970s now employs 600 barbers who work around the clock. Demand for their services is so intense that the temple has begun allowing women into the formerly all-male ranks.
“In May 2005, 100 female barbers joined the "kalyanakatta," the temple enclosure where tonsuring is performed. The female barbers cater to female devotees, who number about 4,500 out of the 20,000 who tonsure their hair every day.
“While the female barbers earn about $68 a month, their female clients are paid nothing. Male and female devotees offer their hair as part of religious practice”, the report said.

Also exporters buy hair from salons and rag-pickers. In some Indian villages about 2,000 families depend on the hair they collect from garbage dumps.
In some instances hair traders go to villages and distribute plastic bags to women to keep outside their huts. Every time they comb their hair, those that fall are collected in the bag. After a week, a broker will collect these bags and pay the women a small sum. million is shipped from India, one of the largest exporters of human hair, to factories in China. There, Chinese hair is mixed with Indian hair to make wigs and hair extensions for Western markets.
Immediately they get to exporters they re-sort them into straight, wavy, silky and curly hair. The hair is then shampooed, dried in the sun and combed.
Hair from India mostly go to the United States where there are processed and later shipped to Africa.

According the Women’s eNews, exporters say buyers from countries such as the United States pay $1.50 for a strand of hair that expensive beauty salons may then weave into extensions or wigs that can sell for between $1,500 and $3,000. Hollywood is one of the biggest consumers of human hair.
When it gets to wholesalers, they sort hair into five categories. The kind that is black and longer than six inches is the most sought after. This "remy" or "black gold" category sells for as much as $160 per kilogram.

The second category of black hair, between 8 and 16 inches long, sells for around $44 a kilogram. The third category of black hair, shorter than 8 inches, sells for under a dollar a kilogram. The fourth and fifth categories are gray hair shorter than 8 inches, which sell for about 10 cents a kilogram, the report said.
It is basically because of the affiliation to Hindu worship as well as unknown issues surrounding the lives of the original owners of the hair that faith-based organisations and cultural groups reject the use of weavons.
There is a belief that powers or spiritual deposits from the original owner may be transferred to the wearer and cause grave spiritual problems. A check by Peoples Daily Weekend shows that many Nigerian ladies are aware that the human hair weavons come from real people, though there is also a minority myth that some of them come from dead people. However, many people do not have first hand information that the hair pass through some Hindu rituals before they get to the market.
However, even among faith-based organisations, there is a level of disagreements on the use of human hair weavon as some denominations and sects do not see anything wrong with, though a lot of denominations attach evil tendencies to it.

Reacting to the issue, an Abuja based Pentecostal pastor; Rev. Moses Ibe said wearing of weavons can come with very serious religious consequences. According to him, there have been instances where those who wear weavons have been known to be eventually possessed or oppressed by spirits that had to do with the original owners or the temple where they were dedicated to.
He said some of the original owners of the hair could be involved in spiritual practices which could affect the new wearers. Also, he said spiritual deposits could attach to the hair during the temple rituals.
“You see, wearing weavons can come with serious problems. These things come from sources that could have serious attachment to spiritual or occultic backgrounds. If you wear them there could be transference of spiritual forces which might harm the new wearer or cause certain but very silent and subtle problems. That is why we caution about the use”, he said.
Ibe said there have been situations where people wearing weavons have experience spiritual and even physical attacks from spiritual forces. He narrated a case which he said involved a young lady who was attacked by the river side by some forces that made her nearly go mad.
Attacks range from nightmares, physical attack, falling ill or even being initiated to occult groups unknowingly.
“We went for baptism. This lady with weavon started shouting under the influence of some spiritual powers. They were speaking through her and demanding that she gives them back their property; that is the hair. She was pulling her hair and scratching herself. It took very strong prayers to deliver her from that attack.
“There was also a lady that told me that she went and fixed human hair just for her to immediately started hearing voices which demanded that she had over their hair to them. Initially, she took it as her imagination speaking to her but when she went to bed she saw some beings in her dream and she was under very severe attack until she removed the weavon.
“I have a lot of cases I can tell you. These things are real. That you fix weavon and you did not have any attack does not mean all is well. It could be that you are not very sensitive”, he said.

His position is collaborated by many women, but there are others including stylists who dismiss such as mere superstition and myth. Speaking on the issue, an Abuja based stylist, Nnesochi Egwu said she has heard stories of spiritual attacks on account of weavons but noted that it has not reduced the demand for them. Instead, the demand, according to her, has been on the increase.
I have heard stories of people having problems when they wear weavons, but that has not stopped them from fixing them. Some people pray before they fix them. Most people don’t care”, she said.
However, reacting to the issue, an Abuja resident who simply identified herself as Tinuade said she doesn’t believe in the myth maintaining that the stories are not true. Tinuade said she has always used the human hair ranging from Brazilian to Caribbean and has never had any form of attack. She said she has friends whose means of livelihood is selling weavon and she has never heard that they had any problems.
She sees no reason they should haunt anybody when they sold the said hair on their own volition. The original owners of the hairs according to her willingly go to the saloon to sell their hair to make money.
She also argued that the hair in turn have been processed adding that if there were spiritual attachments, to the hair as claimed, then they would have lost its potency in the course of processing.
“I do not believe in the stories. They are not true. I have been wearing weavon since I was a girl and nothing has happened to me. I know people who wear them always as attachment and wigs and they have not complained. I know wives of big pastors and spiritual people who wear them. I know female pastors who wear them. They have not died. Even if there were spirits, they would have left during the processing of the hair”, she said.
Asked what type she uses and why, Tinu said she prefers the Brazilian and Caribbean types because she can use them for a longer period. She can roll them, thong them and restyle them to any shape she wants. “They might be expensive but the use is worth the amount”, she said.
Whether they lead to attack or not weavons have come to stay. However, manufactures caution that people who are allergic to certain things should beware of weavons especially those derived from animals.
Source
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Desloaaa(f): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2012
Dis NL slf.person go first reason una matter b4 she open thread.i dey feel for d OP
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by VanityOils: 11:44am On Sep 14, 2012
Vanity Oils is a Nigerian based company focused on providing 100% natural oils for hair and skin care. Our product range includes Sweet Almond, Avocado, Aloe Vera, Castor, Coconut, Grape seed, Jojoba, Olive, Sunflower, Wheat Germ, Cedar, Cinnamon, Clary sage, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Argan and Vitamin E oil as well as Shea butter. Contact us- info@vanityoils.com
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by lora123(f): 2:47am On Oct 20, 2012
I think brazilian hair is better.Because its hair is more soft and comfortable.
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by lora123(f): 2:54am On Oct 20, 2012
Please visit the shop link in my signature.There are many kinds of hair extensions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Budget Perfumes For Men / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) / German Man Pays £6,000 To Have His Ears Removed So His Head Looks Like A Skull

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.