Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander (1968 Views)

SNAPSHOTS: Fans Go In On Mayweather,call Him A Scared Chicken, Says He Didn't... / View Of Commitment. Commitment Is A Scared Subject. / What Are You Most Scared Of ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Nobody: 9:32am On May 21, 2012
I read a horror novel some days ago and since then i'm always scared of sleeping alone in dark places .when nepa takes away light,its worse.i couldnt even sleep all through the night because of this fear and i think this book has really messed with my mind.each time i look @ my phone to check the time,it feels so slow.how can i get this fear off my mind,i dont even want to remember what i read cos it feels so real cry
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by taryour(f): 9:35am On May 21, 2012
kulyie: I read a horror novel some days ago and since then i'm always scared of sleeping alone in dark places .when nepa takes away light,its worse.i couldnt even sleep all through the night because of this fear and i think this book has really messed with my mind.each time i look @ my phone to check the time,it feels so slow.how can i get this fear off my mind,i dont even want to remember what i read cos it feels so real cry

nawa for u oo.. Pele.
But u for no complete d novel na when u started getting scared. It will pass away dont worry. Pele
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Nobody: 9:58am On May 21, 2012
Thanks but i didnt finish reading d novel.i had to stop @ a particular chapter when i felt it was getting out of control. embarassed
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Tgirl4real(f): 10:19am On May 21, 2012
kulyie: I read a horror novel some days ago and since then i'm always scared of sleeping alone in dark places .when nepa takes away light,its worse.i couldnt even sleep all through the night because of this fear and i think this book has really messed with my mind.each time i look @ my phone to check the time,it feels so slow.how can i get this fear off my mind,i dont even want to remember what i read cos it feels so real cry

Then fill your mind with something more productive and edifying... like reading the bible

1 Like

Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by feminineA: 10:23am On May 21, 2012
That's because you are still dwelling on the book. Get busy, occupy your mind with better things. Counter the bad book with a good one probably a good author you love or like T suggested the bible. Next time be careful the kind of books you read since its like you easily get captivated by them
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Nobody: 10:57am On May 21, 2012
thanks people
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by maclatunji: 11:48am On May 21, 2012
^Go and play Super Mario tongue. You have nothing to fear but fear itself. smiley
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 21, 2012
Sleep with a bible under your pillow, that's what I did when I was younger and always having nightmares.
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by cindyrella(f): 1:36pm On May 21, 2012
Try reading the bible every night before going to bed.
It happened to me once but mine was a movie.
in no time u will forget all about it ....
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by EfemenaXY: 5:28pm On May 21, 2012

Wow! Are you for real? Was it really that bad?? grin grin

Pls, post the title of that book and the author quick-quick! Me. I wan read am sef. Been a long time since I've read a scary 'ol novel. Just make sure it's not an occult / satanic book sha.

Just wondering, how old are you? You come across as pretty young to me by your reactions. Word of advice: Next time pay attention to the age limit before reading what you ought not to read.

Anyway, never mind - it'll pass. Just pre-occupy your mind with gainful activities and if you're catholic, go for confessions (it's therapeutic) and sleep with your rosary & bible under your pillow.

Good luck smiley

1 Like

Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Nobody: 12:22am On May 23, 2012
I think some good suggestions have been made. Don't be afraid.
Hope you will sleep better today, kulyie.
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Nobody: 7:07am On May 23, 2012
Lol,i did,thanks so much people i slept like a baby and got rid of my fears
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by EfemenaXY: 8:01am On May 23, 2012
You still haven't posted the title of the book nor the author. Still waiting...
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Nobody: 12:15am On May 24, 2012
D name of d book is the a-z of satanism written by mary baxter
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Nobody: 1:22am On May 24, 2012
kulyie: D name of d book is the a-z of satanism written by mary baxter

No wonder you could not sleep!

What were you doing reading a book like that, girl?
What were you hoping to gain from it?
Have you thrown it away?
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by EfemenaXY: 5:50am On May 24, 2012
^^ You've taken the words right out of my mouth!

@ poster, na wa for you o! The title alone ought to have been warning enough for you now...

Anyway, just keep reading your bible to neutralize what you read and keep yourself busy with gainful activities.

My dear, it'll pass - don't worry smiley
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Nobody: 9:00am On May 24, 2012
I read it out of boredom,everyone had gone to work and i was on leave,no one to talk to and there was no light to watch t.v neither did i have anywhere to go and i was going through my dad's shelf and out of curiousity read it,of course i've returned it from where i took it from and i've learned to be mindful of what i read
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by maclatunji: 9:08am On May 24, 2012
kulyie: I read it out of boredom,everyone had gone to work and i was on leave,no one to talk to and there was no light to watch t.v neither did i have anywhere to go and i was going through my dad's shelf and out of curiousity read it,of course i've returned it from where i took it from and i've learned to be mindful of what i read

I am more interested in what your dad is doing with such a book!
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Nobody: 9:15am On May 24, 2012
Lol,i dont know but maybe he wants to be a deliverance pastor and so wants to know d knitty gritty of stuffs like dat.he didnt tell me why he got d book though,its his mini library and its his money and i wasn't just interested in asking him d reason he got dat book.i dont even want to have anything to do with d book and whatever his reasons are for getting d book
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Busybody2(f): 9:15am On May 24, 2012
Hehehe, hilarious thread,

An idle mind is the devil's workshop and na wetin the eye dey look for the eye go see, lol.

Na Oyinbo talk am, and they ain't never lied cheesy
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Nobody: 9:25am On May 24, 2012
Busy body u dont have to be sarcastic,i dont find dat funny anyway.good morning
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Busybody2(f): 9:26am On May 24, 2012
maclatunji:

I am more interested in what your dad is doing with such a book!

Some people have an appetite for all genre of literature wink

Or

What might be fiction to you, may be non-fiction to him lipsrsealed
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Busybody2(f): 9:34am On May 24, 2012
kulyie: Busy body u dont have to be sarcastic,i dont find dat funny anyway.good morning

What is "sarcastic" about my "direct" tongue-in-cheek comment ehn Do you know the meaning of the word sarcasm at all undecided
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by maclatunji: 9:59am On May 24, 2012
Busy_body:

Some people have an appetite for all genre of literature wink

Or

What might be fiction to you, may be non-fiction to him lipsrsealed

I know, I know... but ultimately it is unproductive stuff, stay away from the devil in your own best interest. The devil isn't ready to stay away from you in the first place so don't add petrol to the fire.
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Busybody2(f): 11:49am On May 24, 2012
maclatunji:

I know, I know... but ultimately it is unproductive stuff, stay away from the devil in your own best interest. The devil isn't ready to stay away from you in the first place so don't add petrol to the fire.

"Ultimately" you say!!! Well yeah, you have a point there, so lemme not go there cos the difference between good and evil is clearcut. . .

But their are some lucid, sane and rational Nairalanders who worship him though and they take the "religion" so seriously. I wonder what they know or what they are smoking cheesy
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by maclatunji: 12:02pm On May 24, 2012
Busy_body:

"Ultimately" you say!!! Well yeah, you have a point there, so lemme not go there cos the difference between good and evil is clearcut. . .

But their are some lucid, sane and rational Nairalanders who worship him though and they take the "religion" so seriously. I wonder what they know or what they are smoking cheesy

Igbo aka weed!
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Busybody2(f): 4:27pm On May 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Igbo aka weed!

Hahahaha, well Okija juju is impartial to a bit of weed, so I guess you are right again grin

So abeg when are you starting your Psychocounsellingwhacchumacallit, there are too many nuts let loose in this section that needs tightening before . . .er. . .erm. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by maclatunji: 4:36pm On May 24, 2012
^I haven't noticed them. grin In fact, I am looking to stay away from pschoanalysingwhateveryoucallit on Nairaland. grin
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by tasandra: 5:33pm On May 24, 2012
@ Op,be very careful on what u read or look next time smileyas there are some creepy thins on net 2..any way i bless God u are fine nw. smiley
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Busybody2(f): 5:53pm On May 24, 2012
maclatunji: ^I haven't noticed them. grin In fact, I am looking to stay away from pschoanalysingwhateveryoucallit on Nairaland. grin

Na lie, quit being modest, you have no choice as whom the cap fits than to wear it, don't worry myself and the Cabal will work on negotiating a cushy threadoffice and a fat salary worth your while cheesy

And I bet your first 100 clients would be those mad as a box of frogs Cabalites too tongue
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 24, 2012
@ tasandra lol,thanks very much,am fine now.as a matter of fact i just finishd avin my bath n dresin up for bed time. i'm lying on my bed in d dark,i neutralized d fears wit comic home videos.i feel more relaxed and thanks everyone,good night and sleep well
Re: Can U Please Help A Scared Nairalander by maclatunji: 8:25am On May 25, 2012
Busy_body:

Na lie, quit being modest, you have no choice as whom the cap fits than to wear it, don't worry myself and the Cabal will work on negotiating a cushy threadoffice and a fat salary worth your while cheesy

And I bet your first 100 clients would be those mad as a box of frogs Cabalites too tongue

Thank you for making me laugh this morning- you may just have helped to add a few minutes to my life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obesity At Its Peak / I'm Listening To She_knows @hulkshare: Http://old.hulkshare.com/vvou2odye4u8 / Shocking Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.