Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,150 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty (17250 Views)

Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final / Arjen Robben Is Better Than Lionel Messi / The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by Standing5(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2012
morinho must have taught him how to play mind games.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by OMEGA009(m): 2:35pm On May 21, 2012
Haters gonna HATE. make una leave d poor boy. Hes won every cup in Europe by hook or crook. When Mourinho does it, its "mind games' but when a black man does it, we call him names and say hes braggin. Well, guess what? Hes bragging got him what other teams wished they had. tongue

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by Siga: 2:42pm On May 21, 2012
Guys.... bragging and mind games are all part of the game....if you play football or any contact sport for that matter...u have to mentally distort ur opponent....I used to play soccer for high school back then and i play defensive midfield...most times I had to mark a better player than me...I trash talk my opponent and make him feel he cant get pass me, which works most times....but at times...the attacker mess me up big time...lol
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by Nicompop: 2:44pm On May 21, 2012
02A02A02:
African mentality. Grow up

Whats african Mentality? you need to Grow up, not him
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by adaybayor(m): 2:54pm On May 21, 2012
02A02A02:
African mentality. Grow up

Stop this BS about african mentality, if I am african do you expect me to act like oyinbo, it is people like you who see đ oyinbo man as α̲̅ saint and holy being. And by đ way what mikel did has nothing to do with africa,its pure mind game except u started watching football on saturday...did u see that IRP by tevez?
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by lucom: 2:59pm On May 21, 2012
Siga: Guys.... bragging and mind games are all part of the game....if you play football or any contact sport for that matter...u have to mentally distort ur opponent....I used to play soccer for high school back then and i play defensive midfield...most times I had to mark a better player than me...I trash talk my opponent and make him feel he cant get pass me, which works most times....but at times...the attacker mess me up big time...lol

Spot on its an essential part of the game,like you I normally thrash talk and threaten to break his legs if he even dares attacking again and strangely it works on some but not all the time. Haters should just leave Mikel alone
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by Gbengazzee(m): 3:04pm On May 21, 2012
He is No. 3, after Finidi George and Kanu Nwakwo

solaceguy: he whispered it so that if robben missed he will deny ever talking. smart guy lol. enjoy ur victory bro. first nigerian to win champions league! like d calabar man will say 'we are yampions! yampions!! yampions!!!'
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by Gbengazzee(m): 3:05pm On May 21, 2012
He is No. 3, after Finidi George and Kanu Nwakwo (1995 Final with Ajax Amsterdam)

solaceguy: he whispered it so that if robben missed he will deny ever talking. smart guy lol. enjoy ur victory bro. first nigerian to win champions league! like d calabar man will say 'we are yampions! yampions!! yampions!!!'
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by freecocoa(f): 3:05pm On May 21, 2012
Mikel isn't the first nigerian to win the title,KANU NWANKWO won the title with ajax in 1995 or so and so has FINIDI GEORGE.
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by Ekowise(m): 3:11pm On May 21, 2012
ikelvin: abeg make una change topic, mikel is nt worth discussing.

it's so clear. U ar simply an anti-CHELSEA. Take heart ur expectatn ws denied.
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by Orebukola(m): 3:30pm On May 21, 2012
ikelvin: abeg make una change topic, mikel is nt worth discussing.
u just need to know dis guy is worth discusing only in ur heart lie d conviction.
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 21, 2012
mukina2:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9278333/John-Obi-Mikel-told-former-Chelsea-team-mate-Arjen-Robben-he-would-miss-penalty-for-Bayern-Munich.html

Mikel told Messi too that he was gonna miss it. Joshua's jnr, need you to tell us when arsenal would win the champs league..
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by jeffry401: 3:42pm On May 21, 2012
bros mikel calm down oooooo!>>>>>>> na over-joy cause dis kain talk cheesy
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by solaceguy(m): 3:48pm On May 21, 2012
K
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by henrychubayo: 3:50pm On May 21, 2012
ollah1:

Mikel told Messi too that he was gonna miss it. Joshua's jnr, need you to tell us when arsenal would win the champs league..

Don't you have anything 2 do and be like Mikel? While u re there dying of jealousy and agony of the guys achievement, he is there parting with 90k ponds of weekly payment plus champions league bonus which will be able to feed u in ur entire life. My own party will begin by 6pm johannesburg time. By the way, u are never invited.
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by henrychubayo: 4:07pm On May 21, 2012
Some ppl here don't understand something and in-fact senseless. Do you think mikel can come out and lie to the whole world that he did what he did not do? He is not like most of you who brag for nothing. When the ref have the penalty, mikel went and took the ball and gave it to robben and in that process may have said that. I know he gave robben the ball directly for the penalty. Ok most ppl here never talk about what the zambia goal keeper told drogba when he want to play that penalty in nation cup final. This is what he said, ' if this penalty is a good one, you will score, but if it is not, you will miss'. This one is called what? Mind game. May be mikel said this to gain your favor; rubbish. May be mikel said this for u to give him money; who is richer than who. Wake up ppl because there was never any reason this guy could said this to you if it is not true. Rejoice with those who rejoice. Haters plz we still have enough transformers in nigeria that can solve the problems peacefuly

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by shizzle11(m): 4:21pm On May 21, 2012
cyril83: Despite all diz yrs in england,Nigerian mentality "bragging" still reflects in his brain box....what does this has to do wit robben missing penalty,ur fellow dreamer "tb joshua" said something abt this same man "robben" before the match but he failed so u shud have said it louder so we can hear...Congrats anyway

Foool! It is not "bragging" and has nothing to do with "tb joshua". It is called "mind games". Omo ofo!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by Proxytalk: 4:29pm On May 21, 2012
otooro: who is mikel obi? undecided
Nashville:

These things are perfectly allowed in football. Players say some of the worst things to each other just to upset them. Remember Materazzi told Zidane his sick mother would die. That's why Zidane head butted him and got a red card.
Mikel you have done well.
[quote author=Nashville]

No mikel is a prophet in lagos
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by Gorgeousmicho79(m): 4:36pm On May 21, 2012
4bobo:
someone who can pay the salary of your entire house in millions or the next 10 yrs . lol
dats why he cant pay for his father when he was kidnaped
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by OvigueEraboh: 5:21pm On May 21, 2012
hey hey u guys shouldn't dwell on the issue of if one knows football or how many Nigerians have won it before.The bottom line is that Mikel Obi is today a success in his career.Either you celebrate him and be celebrated someday or you hug a transformer.He that is bitter will never be able to wear his kind of shoes.I also noticed Robben was psychologically imbalanced..whatever strategy one uses the bottom line is that only a failure succumbs to fears
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by OvigueEraboh: 5:38pm On May 21, 2012
OMEGA009: Haters gonna HATE. make una leave d poor boy. Hes won every cup in Europe by hook or crook. When Mourinho does it, its "mind games' but when a black man does it, we call him names and say hes braggin. Well, guess what? Hes bragging got him what other teams wished they had. tongue
thats simply it
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by femi4: 5:46pm On May 21, 2012
Its Ajax not Ayax
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by IYANGBALI: 6:32pm On May 21, 2012
Mikel is the son of patience jonathan grin
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by crackjoor: 6:40pm On May 21, 2012
Google him f.o.ol
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by Korrection(m): 6:52pm On May 21, 2012
intelligen: If robben had scored..wld he have come out to say this?....besides,wen did he become t.b joshua jnr?

It was a mind game...celebrate with the champions and stop hating
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by jaytime(m): 6:56pm On May 21, 2012
Thank you Mikel for your contribution in that match. You were just spectacular. As for the mind game, it may have not worked becos Robben didnt kick the ball away; Céch only went that direction and caught the ball. All the glory to God almighty for giving us the victory. Up Blues!
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by MichaelAvede: 7:47pm On May 21, 2012
Obi mikel small boy of yesterday.pround don day he body or he day form native doctor.
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by humpito(m): 7:49pm On May 21, 2012
U are wrong. Mikel is not the first nigerian to win the trophy. Finidi and Kanu also won the trophy,try to carry out research before writing.
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by SeunOlat: 8:17pm On May 21, 2012
dolwell@yahoo:

Are u saying kanu did not win d champions league with ajax? Or you just started watching football this year?

Thank u jare. I was just about asking him if he started watching footballer last week.
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by fortyfeet(m): 9:11pm On May 21, 2012
Great Mikel is not the first. Great Kanu and Great Finidi had ealier with Ajax Amsterdam (1995). but that is not to say it is no longer an enviable height. enjoy yourself Mikel de greatest footballer of your time.
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by airmark(m): 9:18pm On May 21, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Mikel is the son of patience jonathan grin

IYA, where that your banner: '' ISUPPORT TWO TEAMS, MAN UTD AND ANY OTHER TEAM THAT BEAT CHELSEA ''? Abi you don burn am after Chelsea won the champions league ? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty by 2kurupt(m): 9:56pm On May 21, 2012
Lots of player haters in here...
Mikel being first Nigerian to win it or not ain't the issue
Enemies of other people's progress never succeed themselves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Europa League: Basel Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 25th April 2013 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 / West Ham Vs Manchester City (0 - 2) On 7th August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.