Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? (27878 Views)

BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" / Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 5:45pm On May 22, 2012
@Kindly subscribe to the Etisalat or MTN Bis, here I get close to 120 speed on 3G and like 50 on EDGE..and it's even cheap and unlimited, just 1500 per month.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 5:47pm On May 22, 2012
Kindly subscribe to the Etisalat or MTN Bis, and you can use it on any modem, so far it's unlocked. Here, I get close to 120 speed on 3G and like 50 on EDGE...and it's even cheap and unlimited, just 1500 per month. Etisalat is faster, especially on Maxthon browser, the speed na die wink
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Cupidkc(m): 5:54pm On May 22, 2012
joshua ayoleye: swift is the best swift 4gx..y can use it anywhere in lagos so far there is 3g dere
I concur
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by chiomen: 5:58pm On May 22, 2012
For me, Airtel and Glo becos they have a wider coverage on 3G-3.7G, if we have up to that in Nigeria. Meanwhile, if u hv a 3G phone, u dont hv to bother. With it, u can connect to any GSM network where 3G is available
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by ibbabs: 6:21pm On May 22, 2012
All d above mentioned modem uses old glory. i am network engineer and it is in my field to advise u better. If u want a good internet modem now, fast and reliable, either chose from etisalat and visafone. Starcomms if totally bleeped up, right now i uses etisalat and visafone in my office ( the two branches) and each modem carry 6 systems each at faster speed, not to talk of single system. I have abandon my starcomms modem cos dey r totally bleeped up now and not lik b4 dat dey r d best
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by badesco(m): 7:02pm On May 22, 2012
The best way to know the best modem is to buy all and
you start testing it one by one thereafter you will
know the best.
[size=14pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by iluvudaddy(m): 7:02pm On May 22, 2012
It depends on the area u are..but lagos environ,starcomms is the best
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by emmanuelgon: 7:21pm On May 22, 2012
How much is etisalte easyblaze
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by colinze(m): 7:36pm On May 22, 2012
Well my friend, the facts is that it matters the area you are, like if you are in Abuja, all the GSM networks are okay, like MTN, ETISALAT, GLO & AIRTEL , but the only thing is that during in afternoon time, their network will be so slowly be course many people that are on net are using it, but if it's Starcomms, their network is very fast in browsing something like ''Izap'' @list that is the one am using & i'm enjoying my money.tnx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by colinze(m): 7:44pm On May 22, 2012
Tobex4realTobex234: @poster, kindly subscribe to the Etisalat or MTN Bis, and you can use it on any modem, so far it's unlocked. Here in Sango Ota I get close to 120 speed on 3G and like 50 on EDGE...and it's even cheap and unlimited, just 1500 per month. Etisalat is faster, especially on Maxthon browser, the speed na die wink

how can you subscribe Blackberry Bis and still be using it on modem fastlin? it's impossible now, Bis plan is different from fastlink modem.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by colinze(m): 7:50pm On May 22, 2012
chiomen: For me, Airtel and Glo becos they have a wider coverage on 3G-3.7G, if we have up to that in Nigeria. Meanwhile, if u hv a 3G phone, u dont hv to bother. With it, u can connect to any GSM network where 3G is available

No my friend if you are talking about the wider coverage, you talk about MTN , becos any where you go you will see MTN Mask there than any other network. tnx
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by colinze(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2012
ib+babs:
All d above mentioned modem uses old glory. i am network engineer and it is in my field to advise u better. If u want a good internet modem now, fast and reliable, either chose from etisalat and visafone. Starcomms if totally bleeped up, right now i uses etisalat and visafone in my office ( the two branches) and each modem carry 6 systems each at faster speed, not to talk of single system. I have abandon my starcomms modem cos dey r totally bleeped up now and not lik b4 dat dey r d best

Talk the one you know, if you are Computer Engineer , you don't need to say what you don't know okay, it depends the area you are.tnx
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by colinze(m): 7:57pm On May 22, 2012
badesco: The best way to know the best modem is to buy all and
you start testing it one by one thereafter you will
know the best.
[size=14pt][/size]

CORRECT MY DEAR, HAHAHASSS
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 22, 2012
I have new multilinks modem for sale ev-do precisely call 07033668618
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by kharllinz: 9:19pm On May 22, 2012
...............no try multilinks o, u go cry if u buy am
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by lumeneng22: 9:42pm On May 22, 2012
The gsm, airtel, mtn opera mini, glo & etisalat.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 22, 2012
Man go grab Any modem with 7.2mbs, The New MTN Modem is reliable but you can also unlock it for use with all networks or you go buy Universal Modem with 7.2Mbs, it browses fast and it also depend on your area cause if you dont have 3G in your area it might not be fast.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by mandsignal(m): 10:06pm On May 22, 2012
04kaa: Buy an iphone4s, u can use it as a modem on ur laptop and browse on ur phone when u aint using ur laptop, it is the fastest in Nigeria for MTN so far. i get up to 100kb download speed . all those modem speed that they are calling dont work in naija ... try iphone 4s as an MTN modem . u wont regret
sElL YOu IphOnE 4s GivE ME hOw mUcH .
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by AFOLABISUNKANMI(m): 10:40pm On May 22, 2012
i use fastlink from mtn
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by naturalwaves: 10:49pm On May 22, 2012
I use an mtn modem wich is very much ok,quite faster but Airtel is faster.D best solution is 4 u 2 get one of d gsm modems preferrably mtn and den UNBLOCK it so u can use any network on it.I use mtn, airtel,glo, etisalat on mine so dat if 1 flunctuates,I put anoda sim and subscribe,dat's d best solution!
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by acidtalk: 11:39pm On May 22, 2012
hardleyC: Etisalat eazyblaze is the bomb
it works like magic,faster than idiotic starcomms
economical as u can load as low as 1k but my former starcomms was 6,500 for 100 hours.

thats my opinion[b]

Exactly the same with me.
Changed from starcomms to Etisalat.
Starcooms should work on their pricing as they will keep loosing customers if they don't make it more flexible like all these GSM coys are doing for their modems.

Though I don't know why my Etisalat keeps tripping off.
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Kaynana(m): 11:40pm On May 22, 2012
You can try glo cos Glo is the best in my area here in Ado Ekiti
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by sledge001(m): 11:46pm On May 22, 2012
Airtel anyday. case close
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:42am On May 23, 2012
DONT ATTEMPT TO USE SWIFT O.IT IS WORSE..THAT IS WHAT I USE
Re: Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? by rman: 3:29am On May 23, 2012
Based on the replies, the OP can see it is a function of coverage and operational challenges been experienced at any given time by the service providers
What I will suggest is go for the operator that has a very good customer service, very low down times and good coverage in your area.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Need A New Laptop This 2016 / What's The Effect Of Plugging Laptops For A Long Time? / Tonto Dikeh Covers Vivian Lam Glamour Magazine (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.