Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,609 members, 7,827,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye (37145 Views)

Court Renews Arrest Warrant On Tompolo, Orders Security Agencies To Produce Him / EFCC Detains Steven Orosanye For Pension Fraud / Ribadu, Orosanye Argue Before Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by slimming: 2:11pm On May 22, 2012
These duplications came as a result of creating jobs for the teeming unemployed persons but the consequence breeds inefficiency and corruption among government servants.
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by Omexonomy: 3:00pm On May 22, 2012
[color=#000000][/color]
greall1:
Too much nigeria story dey tire me sometime
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by Omexonomy: 3:04pm On May 22, 2012
greall1:
Too much nigeria story dey tire me sometime
how old are you for posting this nonesens i know ur type and what u want HOW DEBANJE BANG GENEVIEVE AND OMOTOLA WITHOUT PAYING THEM i pity you
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 22, 2012
JAZES:
GBAM

I sometimes wonder what the world will look like in the next 10yrs with such laziness and lack of concentration.
Folks are too lazy to read and they lack concentration cos of some many distractions in the name of social networking.

@Topic, i think this is a good move by GEJ but i wish he will have d balls to put this one through.
well some of us are busy making the news,stay tuned,u and ur friend pinky(didnt hv time to quote him) will hv more to read abt,cos u got the time busy ppl dont.
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by ezer(m): 4:35pm On May 22, 2012
This is only a recommendation, the FG can as well ignore some of it. I gez this is not the complete list, cos its lacking the merging of FRSC & VIO, civil defence & the NPF, scraping of the ministry of niger delta affairs, etc. In as much as we want change, we dont want the increament of unemployed nigerians, there4, the FG shud try as much as they can to provide alternative jobs for some of the affected persons (i wonder if dat wud b possible). We shud all know that advocating for change entails alot including sacrifices.
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by jennyb2: 4:48pm On May 22, 2012
will there be job lost?
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by osifred(m): 5:25pm On May 22, 2012
Formality. Another avenue to waste tax payer's money. Pls gej as usual set another committee to study the report of this committe.

Btw, wht happened to †ђξ recommendation of previous committee on reducing the cost of govt. and how much was budgetted for his committee.

We are tired of committee for this committee for that we want actiond
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by sagaloo: 10:33pm On May 22, 2012
GEJ and PDP are already compiling names of Board members for the agencies recommended for scrapping. The man cannot just do anything different from the rot of the past !
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by Nobody: 12:41am On May 23, 2012
Please, they should leave NNPC out of the plan ironically!
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by ELVIKING(m): 10:00am On May 23, 2012
say-d-fact:
poster shd number or list the names next time.. some of us dont have time for 9ja stories... u be goat

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by wachin: 12:00pm On May 23, 2012
The jonathan Administration promises job creation instead it is giving us more unemployement.
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 23, 2012
“NDE and SMEDAN should be merged to form a single agency for job and wealth creation.

“The new Agency should be called the National Agency for job Creation and Empowerment, NAJCE”
I support the merging of NDE and SMEDAN. It's just two different organisations doing same thing. But what is the need of establishing National Agency for job Creation and Empowerment, NAJCE when NDE + SMEDAN will be operating in a similar way? It's just waste of resources. I think NDE and SMEDAN should be merged and given the responsibility of job creation, empowerment and training in small & medium enterprises' skills. They should also be given the mandate to work with NYSC to avail these skills to youth corp members to enable them to be employers of labour rather than job seekers after service.
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by Twy: 1:30pm On May 23, 2012
If ever this administration implements this act, it will still be a minor reform if ever the government is able to embark on meaningful development initiatives. In the 70's when the oil boom which I believe now basically means, 'capital budget doubles recurrent budget', then roads were built: the Ore-Benin expressway was finalised (then it was a real expressway) and so was the Ibadan-Lagos and other critical infrastructures, this continued into the early 80's but was largely confined to the states. In the west the best governors ever came from that period, from jakande to ajasin and onabanjo. But now corruption and the overbloated government can't even pay contractors. Many nairalanders don't even know that Nigerian contracts need to be inflated whether you are corrupt or not because they don't pay fully and on time. There are few Nigerian contracts that I know that had paid more that 70% of the total sum when you don't know anybody to push for payment. Even when you know someone, the person maybe re-deployed and the files locked up somewhere and never to be brought up in any meeting. So if the government is ever serious to cut the rubbish, pay contract sum on time and within the status period, if this is done, then cut the inflation of contract by using market prices and a markup up of 20% instead of 100%. Reduce corruption and then reduce government recurrent expenses. BUt that may not be enough, the solution may be with us as an individual to be upright and hardworking/entrepreneurial.
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by crownie(m): 3:50pm On May 23, 2012
A good proposition! So many unnecessary agencies and some with almost the same expected goals. I believe if this can be implemented, more funds will be saved, better accountability, and less headache of on the part of the government on management issues...I just hope those that would head these mergers would be qualified candidates and not Alhajis ...in the end!
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by adonisgold: 9:26am On May 24, 2012
Ijogz K: Too looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg!!!

Jeez, I bet u have never read a book.
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by TOWNJUJU: 2:21pm On May 24, 2012
So so noise no action. God4saken country.
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 24, 2012
My own business is with what government will use the funds saved from this scrapping for. If it were any other country, I'd rest assured that the government would use the resources judiciously, propbably by incorporating it into the capital budget. But Nigeria? lipsrsealed
Re: Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye by SirMethod: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
HNosegbe: Good recommendations, but I want to see the NDDC and the Ministry of Niger Delta scrapped. They're not needed.

na wa for u o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tony Nwoye & APC Supporters In A Beer Parlour Chilling Anambra (Photos) / Okonjo-iweala, Five Other Women Who Head International Bodies / Peter Obi Presented With Handmade Shoes by People With Disabilities In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.