Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment (12860 Views)

FG Issues Security Alert, Says Boko Haram Plans Abductions For Ransom / Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source / Pictures Of Gov Okorocha’s Return To Imo After A Trip Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by ayo5511: 11:36am On May 22, 2012
Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After Payment Of N500,000 Ransom

OWERRI – The lifeless body of Pastor Anslem Iwuala has been picked up by members of his immediate family, seven days after he was kidnapped and a N500,000 paid to the hoodlums to secure his freedom.

Late Iwuala, who was on his way to his country home, Egberede Nguru, Aboh Mbaise local council area of Imo State, was abducted by gunmen along the ever busy Okpala-Mbaise road.

Narrating the family’s ordeal to newsmen, the deceased’s cousin, Mr. Odinakachi Iwuala, confirmed that his uncle was kidnapped by the hoodlums while returning from Aba.

Odinakachi disclosed that the family made frantic efforts to reach their bread winner, adding that his abductors finally got in contact with the family at about midnight of the ill-fated day and demanded N100 million.

Continuing, Odinakachi revealed that the hoodlums said they were sent to kill the pastor/businessman, promising that they would spare his life if they paid the ransom.

“The family, however, paid the sum of N500,000 to the kidnappers. We all thought that our prayers had been answered until we received a telephone call from his abductors to rush down to Okpala but what we saw was his corpse,” Odinakachukwu lamented.

Although no police officer at Uvuru Mbaise was ready to speak on the issue, Vanguard, however, gathered that the police was making frantic efforts to apprehend the perpetrators of the sordid crime.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/kidnapped-pastor-found-dead-in-imo-after-payment-of-n500000-ransom/
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by ayo5511: 11:37am On May 22, 2012
This is worse than BH. This talkative governor should start doing something in his state instead of talking everyday. Imo state has turned to another Somalia.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by Michael13(m): 12:25pm On May 22, 2012
heh yah...RIP!
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by velo10: 12:26pm On May 22, 2012
Lord have mercy
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by Stainless444(m): 12:43pm On May 22, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]The wrath of God will decsend on them rain for killing a man of God after ransome has paid
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by davades(m): 12:44pm On May 22, 2012
Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ ga ooooooooo undecided undecided
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by hismail1(m): 12:46pm On May 22, 2012
God will deliver us
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by crackhouse(m): 1:00pm On May 22, 2012
The police said they are making frantic effort to apprehend the perpetrators of the crime. Is that not funny?. Police comedy. RIP Pastor.may God grant you eternal rest in his bossom. Amen
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by topsy1971: 1:09pm On May 22, 2012
What a Pity. The unlucky man must have identified the culprits. The have no option than to kill him.His immediate family or kinsmen must know of the crime.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by adegbitown: 1:13pm On May 22, 2012
Dere's a mistery in dis report...Why was it dat particular pastor dat was kidnappd?,and d report reveald dat d hoodlumbs WERE SENT 'by smbody' TO KILL D MAN. they simply used d opportunity 2 make money b4 carryn out d operatn. D man don offend person bt it is no reasn to take d law into our hands. RIP Pastor.
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by badesco(m): 1:18pm On May 22, 2012
Those so call kidnappers are not really kidnappers but hired assassins paid to take the life of the pastor. They only collect the 500k so as to make it look like they are kidnappers. God of Sango will destroy them all IJN. Amen.
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by achi4u(m): 1:26pm On May 22, 2012
igbos are not baaad,
nigerians are fraustrating us.
R.I.P pastor.
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by ayo5511: 1:31pm On May 22, 2012
This is not about Igbos, but about non performing governor who has not done anything than talking and defrauding the poor people of Imo state. Tasking civil servants on daily basis and thereby increasing crime rate, kidnapping ever to be witnessed in the history of Southern NIgeria.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 22, 2012
Lord ve mercy
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by slimming: 1:34pm On May 22, 2012
The issue of kidnapping is come up again in Aba.
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by ayo5511: 1:38pm On May 22, 2012
Please let us not tribalize this thread. We should not generalize it among Igbo states, its not everywhere.
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by airmark(m): 1:42pm On May 22, 2012
Ayo5511, nobody is tribalising anything. I lived in iboland before travelling out.I even thought it had subsized. So i know well. Ohanaeze supposed to meet to forestall this notoriety.
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by Ngwakwe: 1:50pm On May 22, 2012
ayo5511: This is not about Igbos, but about non performing governor who has not done anything than talking and defrauding the poor people of Imo state. Tasking civil servants on daily basis and thereby increasing crime rate, kidnapping ever to be witnessed in the history of Southern NIgeria.

At least Rochas is better than your over-rated Fashola in terms of performance and vision. At least he was bold enough to reduce most of his allowances and cut down his duly security vote of 6.5 billion per annum to 2.5 billion as to enable him have more for the development of the state when compared to Fashola who wouldn't blink to spend the state's resources for his godfather's birthday.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by achi4u(m): 1:57pm On May 22, 2012
ayo5511:

Shut up you small boy. Am yoruba, but I know that we have more ritual killings for juju and other vices as r.a.p.i.n.g in yorubaland. Even the last time I checked it was an Oba in my home state of Osun that raped a corp member. Isn't it most heart breaking than the BH nuisance.
Correct MAN.
Every region with im problem.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by gegee(m): 2:09pm On May 22, 2012
ABEG wen we see bad tin make we just condenm am and express our sorrow and pity for the victims no be to come dey leave matter dey turn am o another fight cry cry cry
Re: Kidnapped Pastor Found Dead In Imo After ₦500K Ransom Payment by bisiaet: 2:27pm On May 22, 2012
Now here we are where are those silly folks who always tribalised every issue on Nairaland? Where are their greasy silly face? Those who belief whenever anything happened and it happened in West,South or North part of Nigeria then they'll bombard this site with name calling and tribal nonsense now thank God it happened now in my own state where my parent came from, so what is the story now I guess they have hidden their silly head but let a Yoruba, or Edo, or Nigerdelta name mention for any wrongoing by now this thread would be in its 10th page.
I'm only saying this to tell them all that crime is not limited to a region or a tribe every region and tribe has their own problem. No region is a saint region or tribe that are sait tribe. I know what I've just said will anger them seriously because truth is their worst enermy.

I sincerely sorry for the slained pastor its so sad indeed and I dont know when this kidnapping madness would cease for God sake may God have mercy. The governor is busy talking up and down and all sorts of craps whereby kidnappers and ritualist has gone spiral uncontrolled in the state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vigilante Kills Student, MTN Staff In Abeokuta / Prof Osinbajo's Lie Bursted,apc Is Indeed A Party Built On Falsehood / 2019 Senate: Can Obanikoro Be Trusted Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.