Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice (6133 Views)

Buhari Will Not Reinstate The 13 Sacked VCs – FG / FG Will Stabilise Price Of Rice By April-Ogbeh / FG Will Renegotiate Contracts Awarded Under Jonathan – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 22, 2012
FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice

The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke on Tuesday said that the Federal Government will not reinstate the suspended President of the court of appeal, Justice Ayo Salami.

The Minister disclosed this while responding to questions at a ministerial platform, a programme where cabinet ministers highlight their achievements in the last one year.

Mr Adoke, who recalled that the NJC had in last year August, forwarded a letter to President Goodluck Jonathan suspending Justice Salami at same time recommending his retirement, said that the Federal Government immediately approved his suspension and put on hold the issue of retirement since the suspended judge took the matter to court.

He said the President could however not act on the resolution to recall the suspended judge because a court process on the matter was also served on the government the same day the NJC sent the letter to reinstate him.

“As it is today, the matter is subjudice,” the Justice Minister said.

“The matter is in court and no responsible government will try to overreach the court.”

“This government will do the right thing as soon as the judiciary puts its acts together.”

Mr Adoke added that the same misconception that trailed Justice Salami’s case has been extended to James Ibori’s conviction in London with the condemnation of Nigerian judiciary by the “uninformed”.

“The fact that ibori was convicted there does not in any way discredit the Nigerian judiciary because they have used plea bargain in securing his conviction,” Mr Adoke said.

The Minister said that if the same plea bargain was applied here in Mr Ibori’s case Nigerians would have condemned it.

The NJC had on Wednesday reversed itself and approved the reinstatement of Justice Salami, in a decision that promises to bring to an end several months of bickering within the nation’s judiciary.

The Judicial Reform Committee headed by a former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Muhammadu Uwais, constituted by Chief Justice of Nigeria, Dahiru Musdapher had absolved Justice Salami, who was suspended last August 18 by the same NJC, of any wrongdoing and recommended that he should be reinstated.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/05/22/fg-will-not-reinstate-justice-salami-minister-of-justice/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by seanet02: 8:41pm On May 22, 2012
What a ba:stard Jonathan is? So he now find it difficult to act on a case before the law courts?
When the issue was also before the court before he ratified the mischievous suspension. Jonathan is a Basta:rd.
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Beaf: 8:52pm On May 22, 2012
seanet02: What a ba:stard Jonathan is? So he now find it difficult to act on a case before the law courts?
When the issue was also before the court before he ratified the mischievous suspension. Jonathan is a Basta:rd.

Broda seanet, long time no see!
Abeg, bring out di sepe and alomo bitters, tell Bimbo make she kill dat big goat wen get long bia bia! Make we jeun soke juh!
Nutin de happen!!!

Po po po! Po po! Po pop sontin! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Beaf: 12:29am On May 23, 2012
Shuuuuuuuuuuuu! Pipo no de see dis tred?
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by jmaine: 1:25am On May 23, 2012
Beaf: Shuuuuuuuuuuuu! Pipo no de see dis tred?

Wetin do the thread cheesy. . . .Seen by the way wink
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Beaf: 1:30am On May 23, 2012
jmaine:

Wetin do the thread cheesy. . . .Seen by the way wink

Bros, nutin do di tred.
But you no see as pipo celebrate wen NJC been "reinstate" Salami?
I de wonda weda dose pipo no de see dis tred as e be na... Because as we prophesied, so has it turned out.
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by shizzle11(m): 9:22am On May 23, 2012
Beaf:

Broda seanet, long time no see!
Abeg, bring out di sepe and alomo bitters, tell Bimbo make she kill dat big goat wen get long bia bia! Make we jeun soke juh!
Nutin de happen!!!

Po po po! Po po! Po pop sontin! grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahaha, laff wan tia my nyash! Bros u get bad mouth'o.
Hapu onye ahu, o bu onye ara!
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by blacksta(m): 9:26am On May 23, 2012
Lame duck seating government. if doesnt suit them , they circum navigate the courts , now it suits them " they say matter is in the courts"

Abeg spare us from this retardeen government.
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Clerverly: 9:28am On May 23, 2012
Beaf:

Bros, nutin do di tred.
But you no see as pipo celebrate wen NJC been "reinstate" Salami?
I de wonda weda dose pipo no de see dis tred as e be na... Because as we prophesied, so has it turned out.

Then what do you stand to gain? At times i wonder if u ever had parents.
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Nobody: 9:45am On May 23, 2012
Nigeria and drama....
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by malc619(m): 10:02am On May 23, 2012
PDP has spoken, ‎​and so shall it ßξ.

Nigeria is a very funny Country....
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by acidtalk: 10:02am On May 23, 2012
Jonathan's name will certainly go down History as the WORST president Nigeria will ever have.

In terms of Corruption, Avoidance of Rule of Law, NonPerformance,No Trust, No Empathy, No Sincerity is number one Nigeria has ever witnessed.

The same bas:tards could act on the suspension on a weekend (saturday) when the case was meant to be heard in court on a monday, now the same NJC that sent a letter recommending his suspension have lifted such, He the worst president now finds it hard to reinstate the man.

Isn't it obvious Jonathan has been behind Salami's case all this while and is only fighting a personal fight.

See his minister now transfering the Oil Subsidy Blame on Late Yaradua.

Jonathan should know that what goes around, sure comes around.

2 Likes

Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by kutchs: 10:10am On May 23, 2012
Who is Salami again? Is he the ACN judge or the guy that played for Nigeria in 2003? Whichever one I he is not good.
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Demdem(m): 10:11am On May 23, 2012
Case was pending in court before he was suspended yet the retardeen went ahead to suspend him. They are just deceiving themselves.
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by ujchief(m): 10:11am On May 23, 2012
wasnt the case in court when he was suspended? Now they want to wait for its outcome! Twisting the law to suit there selfish desires...
'Time alone, oh time will tell, u think u're in heaven but u're living in hell' - Bob marley
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by JYDIVA: 10:13am On May 23, 2012
please how can one post a topic?
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by pdpiperpippen: 10:14am On May 23, 2012
Good that's what a judge gets when he meddles into politics! Bloody ACN sympatheizer.
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Joey82(m): 10:21am On May 23, 2012
I'm not too good with the Nigerian constitution but i think too much power is been given the executive arm of govt.
they decide who to reinstate or not, who to prosecute or not, who to imprison or not.
they even decide who lives and who dies.
this is too much power jare.
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by oyebanji(m): 10:24am On May 23, 2012
" I discovered that being a president is liking a tiger. A man has to keep riding or be swallowed" H.S. Truman

My fear for Dr. Jonathan is that he is not riding this tiger carefully, and he may end up in the belly of the Tiger.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Ganys: 10:34am On May 23, 2012
Shameless people. The same people that disobeyed court order to stop PDP election in Bayelsa state is now obeying the court order. Im smelling Oyinlola and Segun Oni of PDP in this Matter. Adoke and co shouldnt worry, their days are numbered in Nigeria leadership. GOD IS NOT SLEEPING
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Reference(m): 10:36am On May 23, 2012
The Presidency should do no such thing. They should thoroughly mess up the Judiciary so that they begin to see themselves as equal partners and not subservient to the Executive. The Legislature (at least the Lower Chamber) is already extricating from the Executive while the NJC is playing party politics.

How does anyone ever expect the Executive to build the Judiciary. It won't happen. Or is it the State judiciary that is independent. Or will the British have fought for Nigeria's independence. No way.

If the Judiciary wants to become an institution it should steer clear of politics, the Executive and act as a check to our democracy.

Nigerian institutions will be built by conflict because we cannot seem to keep corruption out of consensus. Let them suffer.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by ohlala1: 10:39am On May 23, 2012
Clerverly:

Then what do you stand to gain? At times i wonder if u ever had parents.

He is a sadist.
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Nobody: 10:46am On May 23, 2012
emm emmm emmmm. I HATE PDP!!!!!!!!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Vernor(m): 10:48am On May 23, 2012
Hi all, i de enjoy u guys gist but im amazed about how jona think how can u investigate min of petrol when she is on seat? so without d president giving order we wont move this is ZOMBIE GOVT. I distrust adoke he speaks with both side of d mouth. i wish we could stand against this useless govt. @ Beaf make we all forget about him even jesus get judas. thanks
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by lacasa: 11:09am On May 23, 2012
blacksta: Lame duck seating government. if doesnt suit them , they circum navigate the courts , now it suits them " they say matter is in the courts"

Abeg spare us from this retardeen government.

True talk
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Silva79(f): 11:14am On May 23, 2012
Bunch of oloriburukus. God is watching
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by anydek: 11:18am On May 23, 2012
It is unfortunate to produce president that cannot read and comprehend the hand writings of Nigerians people on the wall.
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Johndoe100(m): 11:34am On May 23, 2012
pd piper pippen: Good that's what a judge gets when he meddles into politics! Bloody ACN sympatheizer.

My brother only a Yoruba fool does not know that if you embarass and humiliate your employer, na fire you de play with. Now the become has became and the other fools are complaining.
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Eazeee(m): 11:38am On May 23, 2012
can sombody tel dis ogogoro fisherman in Aso rock wat happen 2 d Malian interim president?he was beating mercilessly 2 coma by d masses. wat of Ghadhafi(though he is far bera dan dis idiat),Sam Doe,e.t.c all dis guys once thought dey re untouchable but wat happened? stop taking 2 much ogogoro it aint gud 4 a president.i cant wait 4 OCCUPY ASO ROCK
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by Almaiga: 12:12pm On May 23, 2012
JEG and his government are always making the headlines for the wrong reason.
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by iyaayi(f): 1:42pm On May 23, 2012
Silva79: Bunch of oloriburukus. God is watching
indeed!
Re: FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice by edicolove: 1:43pm On May 23, 2012
To the CAN and south west brothers, the right thing for GEJ to have done is to reinstate Salami and then they will be assured of winning at the tribunals instead of the polls. Hmmm! I like it. Anything else and they will come to Nairaland and rain insults on the president. Reminds me of the Buhari philosophy. 'If I win, it is free and fair. If I loose, it is rigging and blood will flow. Doesn't matter if I campaign or not because am supposed to win. The whole Nigeria likes me'.

Now the whole thing is getting clearer. Salami is really an ACN guy. The i.d.i.o.t doesn't even have the sense of decency to resign. Money sweet oh!

I noticed this morning almost all the papers have as headline Jonathan's order to the AGF to prosecute subsidy thieves. But the Nation completely ignored it. Always known that those coming here to shout that the government should fight against corruption are hypocrites. They actually mean the government should fight everyone else who is corrupt and leave their party members out of it. The Tinubus and Kuforijis of this world can spend 6billion for birthday or steal Lagos dry, it doesn't matter because they are ACN. Pathetic!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know / President Buhari Dance With White Lady With Bare Foot. (photo) / Northern Muslims Cry Foul As Cross Is Found In Tinubu's House (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.