Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,594 members, 7,955,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:02 PM

The Pan-african Front: What Think You? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Pan-african Front: What Think You? (1518 Views)

Nigeria's Anti Corruption War: A Flash In The Pan, A Witch-hunt Or The Real Deal / Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan / Pan African Forum Rejects Obasanjo As AU Observer Head In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pan-african Front: What Think You? by toloane: 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2007
http://unitedafricafront..com

this is a new approach to unification of the continent that I am sure will get many eyebrows raised in high circles. do not make any mistake about this: this is not the usual pulpit based Pan-African way to unity.

visit the website, download their manifesto, and see what you think of this idea.

spread it around, please,
Re: The Pan-african Front: What Think You? by Danmasani(m): 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2007
Is it not interesting that the website is 'temporarily undergoing changes' with a few incoherent post yet has a robust way to make donations via paypal? cool cool wink

I guess Business is going good!

Thank You for your 'dreams and aspirations' grin grin grin Sir but we are 'happy' with the AU.
Re: The Pan-african Front: What Think You? by toloane: 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2007
you are jumping to conclusions

the website is not undergoing changes but has just been set up with the view interest in the project will mean a better home. this should be understood to be our venture. if you disagree, and everyone else does, then the project has no chance in which case it is useless to put it on an expensive .org program with web designers etc.

read the manifesto before you jump to conclusions please

http://www.geocities.com/chibinda/Pan-AfricaFrontManifesto.pdf
Re: The Pan-african Front: What Think You? by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2007
Well, first of all. I think those who you are basically trying to reach are those who believe in the same ideals. I am sorry I don't and will do everything in my power to vote against such moves as those outlined in your manifesto there. grin
Re: The Pan-african Front: What Think You? by toloane: 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2007
lol

agree to disagree.

care to elaborate on your pov.
Re: The Pan-african Front: What Think You? by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Nov 17, 2007
I believe the fight to UNITE africa is a ridiculous fight and a waste of our time. I do not believe the african people will in any way gain from this as much as they will loose in the end from such moves. I believe Africa as it is today is ok, we just need to get things right. Not complicate issues by trying to force people who have been separated for over a century now to work together at all cost.
Re: The Pan-african Front: What Think You? by toloane: 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2007
the thing is Africa is not alright the way it is. the 1885 Berlin border divisions will affect us for a long time to come, and they are ultimately an embarrassment for us because we have thus far shown very little resolve to get rid of this colonial yoke around our necks.

should our people change only when outsiders interfere with our way of life, or do we possess the capacity to make changes where we see things have gone wrong/fallen apart?

there are serious issues associated with the present geographic divisions of the continent that are set to get worse the more technology Africans acquire, especially war technology. the ease with which a few rebels can keep a national government at bay will just increase as it becomes easier to manufacture strategic incendiaries and the like. Rwada genocide scenarios will become more frequent. what's worse is, though we will become slowly richer, the gap between us and the richer nations will simply increase because they are growing faster than we are, meaning we will become more and more at their whims as time goes on.

the solution offered by this political party is very simple, and it will work, without causing harm, starting a war, or destroying regional people's identities. we will remain who we are, in some cases people who have been artificially divided by borders will be reunited, while others people feuding for presidency in a republic will be free to chose their own representatives, while the whole gets better due to resources we can command at a larger scale to our advantage.

the people who will fight against this idea are those who are already wealthy from or depend too heavily on the present confused state of the continent. but if we base this movement in the grassroots, if people move to support fast enough, then anybody who dare challenge this will be forced aside at best, at worst they will have to answer for some serious crimes,
Re: The Pan-african Front: What Think You? by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2007
toloane:

the thing is Africa is not alright the way it is. the 1885 Berlin border divisions will affect us for a long time to come, and they are ultimately an embarrassment for us because we have thus far shown very little resolve to get rid of this colonial yoke around our necks.

should our people change only when outsiders interfere with our way of life, or do we possess the capacity to make changes where we see things have gone wrong/fallen apart?

there are serious issues associated with the present geographic divisions of the continent that are set to get worse the more technology Africans acquire, especially war technology. the ease with which a few rebels can keep a national government at bay will just increase as it becomes easier to manufacture strategic incendiaries and the like. Rwada genocide scenarios will become more frequent. what's worse is, though we will become slowly richer, the gap between us and the richer nations will simply increase because they are growing faster than we are, meaning we will become more and more at their whims as time goes on.

the solution offered by this political party is very simple, and it will work, without causing harm, starting a war, or destroying regional people's identities. we will remain who we are, in some cases people who have been artificially divided by borders will be reunited, while others people feuding for presidency in a republic will be free to chose their own representatives, while the whole gets better due to resources we can command at a larger scale to our advantage.

the people who will fight against this idea are those who are already wealthy from or depend too heavily on the present confused state of the continent. but if we base this movement in the grassroots, if people move to support fast enough, then anybody who dare challenge this will be forced aside at best, at worst they will have to answer for some serious crimes,

You seriously live in a different africa than the one I know. All your have stated above does not apply in my world at all, hence the reason why I do not support your cause at all and I hope we never get such.
Re: The Pan-african Front: What Think You? by toloane: 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2007
I know a lot about Africa. Nigeria, for example, is not a race, tribe or people. it is a nationality. this IS the Africa we all know.

the west didn't divide Africa along tribal or group lines, they simply drew a square on the ground and gave it a name. we live like that in Africa, not in Europe where the English are the English, and the Dutch have their own country, just like the Germans, etc. exceptions prove the rule.

this is the Africa we live in, the Africa I am ashamed of and want to change.

I know about election rigging on the continent, but I also know that where the willofthe people is concerned, dictators will find it very difficult to rig any elections. African unity is at the tongue of every young African, every University Student on the continent. this is true, so why is Pan-Africanism losing the battle on the continent?this is deliberate. our leaders at the moment are anti unification. they know how easy it is, but they have serious commitments that will be challemged by a united Africa.

we cannot let these people win, they are as much an embarrassment as the fact we continue to be a colonized people who believe changing flags and making new national anthems makes things different.

this is the Africa I know, the Africa of abject poverty, of rampant disease, but also the continent of joy, where, despite all the odds, people take time to enjoy themselves, and also be creative.

this continent requires a political and cultural revolution because things are not the way they are supposedto be. there is no way we can stand tall in the present arrangement, save be some other people's laughing stock.

in the final analysis you and I are better off agreeing to disagree, but I assure you of the inevitability of unification, be this by political party or some other means. I suspect my Africa is one you will eventually be forced to deal with.
Re: The Pan-african Front: What Think You? by toloane: 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2007
joining a political party is totally free. since multiparty democracy was established in many African countries, political parties have sprung up like mushrooms. each one has their own manifesto, their own ideology. you can create a fascist party in Africa if you like. nobody will come knocking on your door unless you break the law somehow. if you do not like it, then you do not join. Nobody is going to prosecute you for simply expressing fundamental human rights. no one has that right,

help set up and establish our party in Nigeria. we have only just began, but in the last few weeks we already are legally established in three African countries, Kenya, Zambia and The Dem. Rep. Congo. hopefully we can hold it and grow there. we've met the conditions for setting up our party in Liberia, and Zimbabwe, and are working with a few individuals to get one started in Ghana. If everything goes according to plan, we will have one in that country very soon.

currently, the Nigerian venture involves a few Nigerian nationals in the Diaspora whose plans for repartriation are doubtful.

we need someone stationed there, and are in the process of contacting people in order to see whether we can meet the criteria for setting up a political party + fund raising, spread flyers and such around towns and cities to make our party known. see us soon in your neighbourhood.

you can help out by using the contact page at our website. the faster we move, the better.

http://unitedafricafront..com/

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck 2011( G-2011), Goodluck Solidarity Movement ( G S M), 3 G / Abuja Bombings: Ibb's Invisible Hand And Gejs Bravery / Murtala Started The Arewa Republic Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.