Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,408 members, 7,954,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:09 AM

On John Akpabu: Shame On Nigerian Journalists, IGP And DG SSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On John Akpabu: Shame On Nigerian Journalists, IGP And DG SSS (889 Views)

See How Nigerians Are Reacting To Revelations About The DG SSS / Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times / Buhari To Appoint New Service Chiefs, NSA, DG SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On John Akpabu: Shame On Nigerian Journalists, IGP And DG SSS by andresia(m): 9:50pm On May 22, 2012
The furore that was generated over the possession of canister tear-gas and the eventual humiliation of that young man was disheartening and goes to show the kind of bumbling people handling our security agencies in this country. Why rush and create publicity when you have not known what is at stake if not to score cheap popularity. The security men have shown themselves to the world for what they are: incompetent, diabolic, renegades, scums and people not fit to provide security in this digital age.

For the Journalists who were busy haranguing the hapless young man, I tell you this: what goes around comes around. It was shameless and heart-breaking watching the Journalists harassing and barking at the young man, John Akpabu, and one couldn't tell the difference btw Journalists and Nigerian policemen. This man's offense was that he was born in a society where one climbs to the top via man know man thing and was trying to capitalize on the presence of a certain minister to see if he can come out of the water. I wonder what kind of training our local Journalists receive and no wonder our politicians treat them like dung, preferring to speak to foreign press men than our local champions!
Re: On John Akpabu: Shame On Nigerian Journalists, IGP And DG SSS by 9ijaprince(m): 10:00pm On May 22, 2012
@op: really didnt get your point.
Re: On John Akpabu: Shame On Nigerian Journalists, IGP And DG SSS by andresia(m): 10:03pm On May 22, 2012
9ijaprince: @op: really didnt get your point.

I mean the hullabaloo about tear-gas by our security men yesterday and the shameful performance of Nigerian Journalists at the scene
Re: On John Akpabu: Shame On Nigerian Journalists, IGP And DG SSS by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 22, 2012
andresia:

I mean the hullabaloo about tear-gas by our security men yesterday and the shameful performance of Nigerian Journalists at the scene

Still don't get!

So it should not be reported!

Or na gari he carry go see minister!
Re: On John Akpabu: Shame On Nigerian Journalists, IGP And DG SSS by Beaf: 10:30pm On May 22, 2012
In such grave matters, its best to wait for the dust to settle.
But to be honest, I believe the man is innocent; maybe not very smart, but innocent.
Anyway, time will tell.
Re: On John Akpabu: Shame On Nigerian Journalists, IGP And DG SSS by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 22, 2012
ib55:

Still don't get!

So it should not be reported!

Or na gari he carry go see minister!
buahahahahahahahahhaahaha!!

(1) (Reply)

There May Be Security Breach=tp Joshua's Prediction Is Confirmed / CBN Workers Persuaded Sanusi To Come To Work In Chieftaincy Regalia – Spokesman / African First Ladies Peace Mission State Banquet...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.