Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! (13477 Views)

Packaged Garri Is Now Available In The Market[photo] / When You See A Man In The Market: / No 1 Fruit Juice In The Market (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by greall1: 3:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
That is the best hausa maggi
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by lifestyle1(m): 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2012
Lagusta:

whattt! Its nt sugar, its monosodium glutamate, and it is a known carcinogen

Give it a try, u gonna love it.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2012
Monosodiumglutamate retard growth in children and foetus. One funny thing is, it is the major seasoning in our noodles, eg indome.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 08, 2012
Lagusta:

u are very correct, the active ingredient (monosodium glutamate) is a well known carcinogen. Present in indomie seasoning (in fact all types of noodles), maggi, knorr, nd oda seasonings.

The highest concentration is in ajinomoto, as u can all see that it is the raw salt. So it is more dangerous...

Thats y villagers live longer, they use natural seasonings e.g locust beans, potash, smoked fish, crayfish, etc.
To be sincere with ourselves, most of our synthetic consumable products are carcinogetic, the major side effect of MSG is that its affect kids iq,
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by emsquare(m): 3:37pm On Jun 08, 2012
life_style: I always add it to my tea every morning... undecided

You no well!
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by lifestyle1(m): 3:49pm On Jun 08, 2012
emsquare:

You no well!

y ? undecided
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by staaari: 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2012
Suzuki brothers started the commercial production of MSG in 1909 as Aji-no-moto, meaning "essence of taste" in Japanese, the first time that monosodium glutamate was produced in the world.

MSG has been used safely for more than 100 years to season food. During this period, extensive studies were conducted to elucidate the role, benefits and safety of MSG. At this point, international and national bodies for the safety of food additives consider MSG safe for human consumption as a flavor enhancer
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by longerone: 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2012
I read all your posts and smiled,just like earlier mentioned its in all the seasoning Knorr inclusive, it was first discovered more than 100yrs ago in Japan, and Japanese and Chinese use it in all their dishes, yet they live a 100 Yrs+, while you the enlightened Nigerian Knorr user is expected to live less thsn 50YRS.My brother corruption kills you first not any ajinomoto, so lets join together and fight it rather than skylarking and taking easy pot shots at a product used and approved in over 100 countries of the world with offices in same.

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Abagworo(m): 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
If NAFDAC was doing their job raw Monosodium Glutamate cannot be sold or used in cooking. Ajinomoto is poison.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Jijek: 5:47pm On Jun 08, 2012
Some contributors have rightly said that Ajinomoto contains monosodium glutamate (MSG). MSG is a food enhancer produce by fungi fermentation of molasses, sugar cane or sugar beet. Many researchers have tested the potency of MSG in causing cancer in mouse. It is still debatable after many years of research finding. True MSG has a bleaching action, but when in food it forms complex food compound.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Jijek: 5:53pm On Jun 08, 2012
Abagworo: If NAFDAC was doing their job raw Monosodium Glutamate cannot be sold or used in cooking. Ajinomoto is poison.
No you are wrong.

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Jijek: 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2012
staaari: Suzuki brothers started the commercial production of MSG in 1909 as Aji-no-moto, meaning "essence of taste" in Japanese, the first time that monosodium glutamate was produced in the world.

MSG has been used safely for more than 100 years to season food. During this period, extensive studies were conducted to elucidate the role, benefits and safety of MSG. At this point, international and national bodies for the safety of food additives consider MSG safe for human consumption as a flavor enhancer

You are right.The debate still continues.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by donezra(m): 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
My mum used it for cookin when we were little. never knew why she stopped.
when I was still in school, sometime last year, I went to a bukka to eat and I purged throughout that day till the followin day. When I explained how come to a girl, she told me the reason. AJINAMOTO
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Donmeca(m): 7:28pm On Jun 08, 2012
Jijek: Some contributors have rightly said that Ajinomoto contains monosodium glutamate (MSG). MSG is a food enhancer produce by fungi fermentation of molasses, sugar cane or sugar beet. Many researchers have tested the potency of MSG in causing cancer in mouse. It is still debatable after many years of research finding. True MSG has a bleaching action, but when in food it forms complex food compound.

Are u a chemist? Pls we need to talk more.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
k-ton:
You will be surprised to know that this particular Ajinomoto seasoning is used as seasoning ingredient in all noodles be it indomie,meemee,honeywell etc. So, as long as you eat noodles,you also eat Ajinomoto.
Word!
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by nyabingi(m): 12:03am On Jun 09, 2012
Just like our parent were used to Maggi back in the daysm Ajino Moto was also a seasoning that adds tes to cookings!!
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by kaslaw: 6:14am On Jun 09, 2012
My elda bros is a distributor of ajinomoto here in d north guyz d tin dy sell oh so try using it it's gud 4 d body embarassed
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by DECOtech(m): 8:05am On Jun 09, 2012
Its good for people who luv to bleach thier intestines.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by sylve11: 8:16am On Jun 09, 2012
longerone: I read all your posts and smiled,just like earlier mentioned its in all the seasoning Knorr inclusive, it was first discovered more than 100yrs ago in Japan, and Japanese and Chinese use it in all their dishes, yet they live a 100 Yrs+, while you the enlightened Nigerian Knorr user is expected to live less thsn 50YRS.My brother corruption kills you first not any ajinomoto, so lets join together and fight it rather than skylarking and taking easy pot shots at a product used and approved in over 100 countries of the world with offices in same.

i think u r 92% right on this. cool
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by doofanc: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2012
longerone: I read all your posts and smiled,just like earlier mentioned its in all the seasoning Knorr inclusive, it was first discovered more than 100yrs ago in Japan, and Japanese and Chinese use it in all their dishes, yet they live a 100 Yrs+, while you the enlightened Nigerian Knorr user is expected to live less thsn 50YRS.My brother corruption kills you first not any ajinomoto, so lets join together and fight it rather than skylarking and taking easy pot shots at a product used and approved in over 100 countries of the world with offices in same.

heh! Heh! No mind them.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by domdolly2050(f): 10:08am On Jun 09, 2012
Another brand of MSG is vedan.my mum used ajinomoto in cooking a lot back then,she so much believed it gives d food dis special taste 2 d extent dat even when I tried explainin d effect,my mama no believe me ooo,we even fought abt it neva d less,I still dey eat d food ooo,though she has stopped usin it
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by armyofone(m): 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2012
i do see it in african/asian store in US. I once saw a young lady buying the hefty pack (christmas time).
I hate that thing with a passion. I rather not eat african christmas party food sad
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2012
Whenever I eat food made with ajinomoto I have a tummy ache.
I've alsoo heard it makes migranes worse and it effects children adversely.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by ayobase(m): 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2012
armyofone: i do see it in african/asian store in US. I once saw a young lady buying the hefty pack (christmas time).
I hate that thing with a passion. I rather not eat african christmas party food sad

Hefty pack in US.
Hmmmm!
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by StateOfMind: 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2012
doofanc:

what i heard was that monosodium glutamate, the active ingredient, was known to cause cancer

True
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Jijek: 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2012
Donmeca:

Are u a chemist? Pls we need to talk more.
@Donmeca, I'm a food scientist, by academic and practice.
Food processing cut across chemistry, biology, &engineering.
I want add that foods are both chemical and biological in nature,
inclusive of organic foods, be it rice, beans, oil, fruits,milk,etc

Are U a chemist?
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Jijek: 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2012
armyofone: i do see it in african/asian store in US. I once saw a young lady buying the hefty pack (christmas time).
If U are based in abroad, then MSG in your Prickles, Hot dogs, bacon, Meat products, Sausage meat, etc
The fact is that it has not been banned in EU or US. Pls google it yourself.
I am not selling Ajinomoto or vedan.But I'm a food scientist.
The fact is that some people can be allergic to some foods.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Nmeri17: 2:19am On Jun 10, 2012
life_style: I always add it to my tea every morning... undecided
lwkmd!
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Ameboperoo(m): 9:14am On Jun 10, 2012
Dont forget, it has NAFDAC approval/reg. No. It's also a major content in most synthetic seasoning sold in the market be it Knor, maggi, chef or whatever. I dont believe it's that bad.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by vickylil: 11:35am On Jun 10, 2012
Na waoh dis kind old spice stil dey market,nothing wey we no go si 4 dis our country

ayobase:

''aji lo moto''
Na knorr now o!
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by gendebs(m): 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
My mum told me anybody that cooks with Maggi or flavors don't know how to cook. All my life I don't eat food cooked with flavor except when I eat at occasions (marriage, burials,naming) I can categorically tell you none of those food beat my mum's food.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by ayobase(m): 1:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
gendebs: My mum told me anybody that cooks with Maggi or flavors don't know how to cook. All my life I don't eat food cooked with flavor except when I eat at occasions (marriage, burials,naming) I can categorically tell you none of those food beat my mum's food.

I gez she cooks with locust beans!

How To Set Up A Restaurant / Bournvita Or Milo? / Small Chops Preparation