Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience (75511 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. / Life In The Usa As A Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ken1982: 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
[quote author=Vicjustice post=24745233]
No one can tell you the hospital but the embassy itself.
First, you need to apply for the visa, and if your application is taken into consideration, then, you may be called for an interview after which you may be told the hospital to go for the medical examination, (it is possible that you would be informed to go for the medical exams even without interview).

You will not be required to go for the medical exams if your e]

Hello vicjustuce ...I live and work in dubai..I would like to no more about Luxembourg...Belgium..Norway and Germany for a health and safety officer husband and a nurse wife...especially working there and language issues...cheers...
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by dotcomnamename: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
IHate9ja1:
how does this asylum of a thing works

Why do you want to seek for Asylum? I have a suggestion for you, the best country to seek Asylum is Iraq. Afghanistan is also good. Free residency, lot of jobs and free accommodation lipsrsealed
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by suxes2005(m): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
dotcomnamename:

Why do you want to seek for Asylum? I have a suggestion for you, the best country to seek Asylum is Iraq. Afghanistan is also good. Free residency, lot of jobs and free accommodation lipsrsealed

That's too harsh.

~ Sheyi
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ibe003(m): 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
how to get estonia visa from nigeria @ nairaland
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ibe003(m): 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
expensivestevie:
My advice about Estonia is quite simple, do not come here if your intention is to work (a white collar job) to support your studies. Jobs are hard to come by, not because you are black, but because the jobs are not so many in the labour market. Also this issue of racism is sometimes taken too extreme and I do not know why. This is 2014 and racism in Estonia is relatively very very low. If you are in a school town environment like Tartu, you might be looked at strangely by older folks purely because they've actually not seen a black person in their whole life, but the younger lads (18 - 30) are very cool and even most times like blacks out of curiosity. Estonians are very shy but if you get to know them they are very nice people. If you come to Tartu to study, try staying at the Raatuse dorm because there's a lot of international students here and you would find it to be a wonderful experience.

Regarding skinheads, they actually are almost nonexistent right now though once in a blue moon you could see a skinhead or a NeoNazi clown but they rarely get violent (Never seen anyone yet though). You could be called a nigga a lot of times but as a Nigerian I dont see the Nigga word as a big deal though all my African American friends always make a fuss if they're called Niggas by whites, also in Estonia the word Neega is used to refer to black people so it might not necessarily be a racist slur but just somebody trying to explain that you're african. The downside though is that Estonia is f**king cold and you could get quite a lot of white nights.

If you want to enjoy your stay as a student in Estonia, please have your own money. The cost of living isn't high at all and with 250euros per month you could survive comfortably (provided you are staying in a dorm)....... plus students get a lot of discounts too.

Estonian education is getting better by the day but that has also made it very competitive lately due to the high increase of international students from neighboring Baltic countries and also Finland (Though Finland is considered a Nordic country). Estonia is quite beautiful during summer and quite a lot of the young generation actually understands simple and easy English.

All in all, I am trying to say if you want to come to estonia for purely study purpose with adequate finance for your studies and are not one with an extravagant lifestyle, 1million naira for an academic year would cover costs (not including accomodation, but accomodation in hostels are affordable. Maximum of 100euros per bed in a twin room). The headache though would be getting into the universities because without a first class, your chances of being admitted are quite slim, not to talk of getting a scholarship.

Estonian language classes can be taken as credit or non credit courses and my honest advice to anyone planning to come to Estonia is to take advantage of it and learn the Eesti language. You would surely be more appealing to even the older folks who haven't seen black people if they notice you can speak their language.

Lastly, always make sure you try going somewhere out of Estonia during summer. At least try visiting another country during one of your summer holidays if you come here to study. I'd advice Siena in Italy. The impression that all courses in Estonian universities are actually free is very very wrong...... Some courses actually require you to pay tuition fees so be very careful

Goodluck everyone
pls bro how do you get your study permit I want to apply next year but don't know how to go about the vias here in Nigeria
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by iscbaba: 9:43am On Jan 15, 2015
help house,I'm intending to studying environmental management free tuition at tunin university of technology,pls what d sch like,d cost of living,is it favourably on to live dea.thx
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 1:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
iscbaba:
help house,I'm intending to studying environmental management free tuition at tunin university of technology,pls what d sch like,d cost of living,is it favourably on to live dea.thx
Sorry, i don't understand Arabic, this is an English language forum.

2 Likes

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by dominion001(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
woww. What a thread? @vicjustice u ar da bomb, i've been on dis thread starting from d original post of 2007 i must say it is so informative. Can u pls say anythn about d present day europe considering dat alot must have changed as a result of d high number of immigrants that entered europe last year/dis year. I'll realy luv to know about the present day germany and plz compare it with the present day ireland. And what is d possibility of crossing to ireland from italy. Tnx and God bless.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ExplicitContent: 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2016
dominion001:
woww. What a thread? @vicjustice u ar da bomb, i've been on dis thread starting from d original post of 2007 i must say it is so informative. Can u pls say anythn about d present day europe considering dat alot must have changed as a result of d high number of immigrants that entered europe last year/dis year. I'll realy luv to know about the present day germany and plz compare it with the present day ireland. And what is d possibility of crossing to ireland from italy. Tnx and God bless.

Yea, Present ay Europe. A lot has changed for real
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by dominion001(m): 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2016
ExplicitContent:

Yea, Present ay Europe. A lot has changed for real
where in europe ar u bro and what ar d changes u notice?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by DJDD: 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
@Vicjustice
Sir, God bless you for making out time to contribute on several topics, questions and suggestions. And please ignore all the nay sayers. Please sir i have been offered a scholarship to study in Hungary, i have three questions and i would appreciate your advice and your suggestions.
1. While studying in Hungary during holidays can i go to another Schengen state and work during the holidays?

2.After my studies assuming am working in Hungary can i relocate to another Schengen state? If yes please give me example or suggestions considering avaliability of work as a major factor.

3.While working and residing in Hungary after studies please what are the possible ways of migrating to Canada or USA to find work( i mean menial jobs or proper job).
With am of working and returning home to start a business.

Please @Vicjustice and all nairalanders in this forum who have travelled your advise, positive suggestions and contribution are welcomed. Thanks and remain blessed. Happy Christmas in advance.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
DJDD:
@Vicjustice
Sir, God bless you for making out time to contribute on several topics, questions and suggestions. And please ignore all the nay sayers. Please sir i have been offered a scholarship to study in Hungary, i have three questions and i would appreciate your advice and your suggestions.
1. While studying in Hungary during holidays can i go to another Schengen state and work during the holidays?

2.After my studies assuming am working in Hungary can i relocate to another Schengen state? If yes please give me example or suggestions considering avaliability of work as a major factor.

3.While working and residing in Hungary after studies please what are the possible ways of migrating to Canada or USA to find work( i mean menial jobs or proper job).
With am of working and returning home to start a business.

Please @Vicjustice and all nairalanders in this forum who have travelled your advise, positive suggestions and contribution are welcomed. Thanks and remain blessed. Happy Christmas in advance.
1. Although you can travel to any Schengen state and remain for up to three months, but (as a holder of a Hungarian visa/residence permit) you are not entitled to work in any other Schengen state: working in another Schengen state is a breach of the terms and conditions of the visa/permit, and that could incur cancellation of the visa/permit.

2. After your study, (assuming you now work with an Hungarian long term resident permit) you still can not work in another Schengen state except you apply for a professional job and your employer applies for work permit for you.
Another way that you may be entitled to work in another Schengen state is if you are a spouse of an EU citizen, in this case, you can relocate (together with your spouse) to any EU country under the EU Treaty Rights.

3. Hungarian citizens do not need visa to Canada for tourism, yet, they need visa to reside for more than three months or to work therein. As a Nigerian with Hungarian visa or work permit, the only way you can migrate to Canada from Hungary is through their visa programmes (the same way that a home-based Nigerian would apply for a visa).
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Obiany: 1:19am On Jan 23, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Meet Gadzama: The Pilot Who Flew The Crashed King Air 350 Aircraft In Abuja / "There Are No Jobs In Dubai, Nigerians Don't Be Deceived" (Photos/video) / Photos Of The Man That Died With Two Ladies In Sapele Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.