Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,403 members, 7,822,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Moi-moi For Lunch, Anyone? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Moi-moi For Lunch, Anyone? (1026 Views)

My Disastrous Experience Making Moi-moi / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Making Moi Moi For The First Time (some Questions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Moi-moi For Lunch, Anyone? by dianah(f): 5:26pm On May 24, 2012
I think I just tore my ajebutter certificate,lol. I just finished eating garri and moi-moi for lunch, at the office and it tasted sooooooo damn good.My colleagues were kinda shocked, I don’t know what gives people that false impression that I am an ajebutter o, anyway, I guess that fallacy died this afternoon at the office.

I was talking to a colleague, and we kept whining that food options were so limited unless you wanted to spend heavily by ordering fancy stuff. But if like us you are a fast food and eatery person then you are stuck with rice, swallows, yam porridge etc. though occasionally (notice I said occasionally o, cos my power no reach) I order Chinese or something fancy. I also pack my lunch from home and even send the office assistants for some “mama put”

Well, back to my moi moi story, today I called Ngozi (the food angel in my office) and asked her what she thought I should eat, and then she said

“aunty, you do swallow yesterday, make we do rice or moi moi”

I was sick and tired of rice, so I said moi moi, and God supplied the nice Ijebu garri (don’t ask me how I got that.lol) usually I order it with a side salad, but today I decided to go rogue and drink garri! God bless my office, we have a very lovely lunch room with bar stools, a microwave, refrigerator and it is quite cosy to have lunch. So I sat down, soaked my garri and sugar and unwrapped the leaf (for the record moi moi in plastic, foil or any of those artificial packaging na counterfeit moi moi jare) and attacked! Best lunch ever.

The only problem now is getting my brain to function so I can work, but considering I could type this piece and upload on my blog, then I guess I am not as killed off by the moi moi like I thought.

Have a great day y’all!

fOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @dianahsplace
VISIT: www.dianahsplace.info

Re: Moi-moi For Lunch, Anyone? by Lilboots(m): 9:37am On May 25, 2012
Hmm, the sight of that moi moi makes me so so hungry. Don't think it's been sold here in Bedford. I've eaten something akin to what you've got on the pic in south London in one the 9ja restaurants n it was so so sweet. Having moi moi for lunch? Enjoy! I don't have such ' luxuries' here. Lol

(1) (Reply)

National Garri Day / Pop Corn As A Lucrative Bussiness / Help My Girl Friend Served Me Pepper Soup Egg!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.